Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #152 *ARREST - Richard Allen*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have followed this case sporadically & the threads are moving so quickly now.

Was a profiler ever used by LE with a profile description released to the public?

(I realize they could have used one but not released any info. I am curious if there was ever a publicly released profile?)
If they used a profiler, I don't think it was ever made known to the public.

This CNN writer‘s description is the best answer I’ve seen as to why nobody immediately recognized RMA.

“A grainy video of a man walking and a garbled voice recording were among the scant clues authorities publicized over the years.”

And this quote seems as if plea deals were/are definitely not on the table with anybody, including KAK.

BBM
Carter also declined to provide many details, saying, “We are going to continue a very methodical and committed approach to ensure that if any other person had any involvement in these murders in any way, that person or person will be held accountable.”

More —

“….While details are not yet forthcoming, a couple who lives near Allen and asked not to be named said they saw unmarked police vehicles at Allen’s home October 13. Close to nightfall, a deputy arrived with a sheet of paper, which the deputy showed to Allen before they began searching the house and yard. the neighbors said.

A tow truck took away Allen’s black SUV, they said, and officers exited the home with bundles of cloth or clothing, a stack of books, a shopping bag and a shoebox. They also set up lights in the back yard next to a shed and dug out two small areas, while appearing to use a metal detector, they said. Allen remained outside the home, and his wife left twice, returning the second time after deputies had left.

One of the neighbors asked a deputy whether he should be worried, and the deputy responded, “Just remain vigilant, especially with your wife and daughters.”

Allen never stood out, the couple said. He lives with his wife and cat and rarely has visitors, they said. They frequently saw him in his driveway smoking cigarettes and drinking beer after work, they said….”

Didn't Carter speak directly to the killer in a previous press conference - "we have likely talked to you before". imo

Yes, Carter did say this at the 2019 "new direction" press conference. The text of what he said when he addressed the killer directly is:

"Directly to the Killer, who may be in this room: We believe you were hiding in plain sight. For more than 2 years, you never thought we would shift gears to a different investigative strategy. But we have. We likely have interviewed you or someone close to you. We know this is about power to you, and you want to know what we know. And one day, you will. A question to you: What will those closest to you think of you when they find out that you brutally murdered two little girls? Two children! Only a coward would do such a thing. We are confident that you have told someone what you have done, or at the very least they know because of how different you are since the murders."

The entire 2019 press conference was helpfully transcribed here: DELPHI PRESS CONFERENCE TRANSCRIPT (2019) - CrimeLights

And you can also read the transcript of the latest 2022 press conference announcing the arrest of Richard Allen here:

Was a profiler ever used by LE with a profile description released to the public?

(I realize they could have used one but not released any info. I am curious if there was ever a publicly released profile?)

IMO full profiles are rarely released to the public as they are primarily a tool for investigators working the case, not the public. However, partial profiles are often released. At one of the early Delphi press conferences, an FBI agent spoke and gave a list of "indicators," IMO these were the parts of the profile that LE wanted the public to know. You can see that list of indicators in this article:

Oh I don't doubt for a second that they consulted with the FBI's BAU. That's exactly why I thought they were basically treating this guy as a serial killer (not that he was).

The things they said, and the things they said to look out for, are pretty standard when you're talking about a sexually motivated crime.

That second to last press conference seemed very scripted in that regard. The words and imagery used by Carter just had to have been suggested by that FBI unit.

Yes, Carter did say this at the 2019 "new direction" press conference. The text of what he said when he addressed the killer directly is:

"Directly to the Killer, who may be in this room: We believe you were hiding in plain sight. For more than 2 years, you never thought we would shift gears to a different investigative strategy. But we have. We likely have interviewed you or someone close to you. We know this is about power to you, and you want to know what we know. And one day, you will. A question to you: What will those closest to you think of you when they find out that you brutally murdered two little girls? Two children! Only a coward would do such a thing. We are confident that you have told someone what you have done, or at the very least they know because of how different you are since the murders."

The entire 2019 press conference was helpfully transcribed here: DELPHI PRESS CONFERENCE TRANSCRIPT (2019) - CrimeLights

And you can also read the transcript of the latest 2022 press conference announcing the arrest of Richard Allen here:
Is there any video of the people attending that press conference? I’d love to know if he was there.

Familial DNA actually is my top hunch. I think he did leave DNA, but with no prior criminal record, he wasn't in any database. When Cousin Tammy (fictitious name; I have no idea who his cousins are) or whoever decided to use an ancestry test, they had their connection.

How does familial DNA work if only one member of the family is in the database (for example with 23&me) but not the other family member who is the suspect, and LE doesn't have the suspect's DNA from the crime scene? Wouldn't both family members have to be in the database and, if so, I assume that Cousin Tammy (fictitious name) AND RA have to both have used 23&me and both be in 23&me database?

Is there any video of the people attending that press conference? I’d love to know if he was there.

Oh I don't doubt for a second that they consulted with the FBI's BAU. That's exactly why I thought they were basically treating this guy as a serial killer (not that he was).

The things they said, and the things they said to look out for, are pretty standard when you're talking about a sexually motivated crime.

That second to last press conference seemed very scripted in that regard. The words and imagery used by Carter just had to have been suggested by that FBI unit.

Yes, I agree 100%. Especially the part where Carter says "two LITTLE girls" with emphasis on the word little. No doubt in my mind that Carter (head of the ISP, the most powerful law enforcement officer in Indiana) was supposed to deliver the part about "power" in particular, and it had been crafted by behavioral analysts.

Now that I have settled down a bit and my heart has quit racing over the Arrest (YAY !!), I have read back through news of arrest and the PC yesterday.

I now think he has NOTHING to do with KK

I think there was another reason LE was at RA home and found things related to murder of the girls.

Of course, I still wonder about LE searching the creek and letting KK out of jail for a day but I cannot connect that right now and am leaning more towards it being something to do with something else.

JMO & This is just my thought right now and subject to change daily but I think it was a fluke that he was caught for the murders ---

MAY JUSTICE RING FOR LIBBY & ABBY !!!!!!!!!!!!
What is your take on KK setting up a meeting with the girls and RA meeting with them on the same day? That's a big coincidence. IMO. Just curious as my thoughts are subject to change as well.

Video, I'm not sure. But there are many photos on Google images when you type in "Delphi press conference 2019." I know I did that myself many times to look at the crowd that gathered that day!

'The Murder Sheet' podcast: Could water search be linked to Delphi murder investigation?
can anyone tell me on which side of the bridge did this encounter take place in which the video was taken, Im just wondering if the girls had already walked across the bridge once then saw him on the way back across, if so Im thinking he may of seen them on the bridge when they were initially crossing it from a distance, just a thought but Im interested to know, TIA

How does familial DNA work if only one member of the family is in the database (for example with 23&me) but not the other family member who is the suspect, and LE doesn't have the suspect's DNA from the crime scene? Wouldn't both family members have to be in the database and, if so, I assume that Cousin Tammy (fictitious name) AND RA have to both have used 23&me and both be in 23&me database?
My guess is that investigators who hit a familial DNA match in an ancestry or LE database would then construct a family tree to find the direct match. I have a lot of experience constructing family trees but I'm not well-versed in DNA.

jmo

This thread is now closed. Click below to continue the discussion in Thread #153

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay