Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #154 *Richard Allen Arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And how do you know that? We won't even have proof of that until November 22
All over this country, 24 hrs a day, LE documents probable cause for suspects to be arrested and booked into jail for crimes, without it being ever seen by the general public beforehand.
Eventually, it will be available, and if there is no probable cause, the defendant has recourse.

In a felony of this magnitude, the prosecutor has already determined that the evidence is sufficient to take the case to trial and a judge has reviewed and signed off on the temporary sealing of the affidavit.

I don't know why one would think LE, a judge, and a prosecutor would all be fabricating something and have no fear of legal consequences, not to mention public outrage when they know the information will eventually be released.

These two young ladies were so full of energy but it was stolen in the blink of an eye. It had been a long time since these were published but I had saved them. I cried the first time I saw them, and over five years later I still shed the tears. May the guilty perpetrator/perpetrators be served their just dues. We will never understand why these crimes keep happening... or at least I won't. :(

Awwh. What a great collection of photos that helped me celebrate their lives as I scrolled through them. Thanks for sharing @Caylee Advocate

This idea that the affidavit is sealed because it's weak, is complete nonsense IMO. I've seen that sentiment expressed everywhere.

I've followed multiple cases where the arrest affidavit was sealed, and the majority have been slam dunk cases.

If you're investigating the possibility of another perpetrator, the last thing you want is to provide them with details that could destroy the ability of law enforcement to verify a potential confession.

It would also give this person time to dispose of any evidence that they might not have thought to get rid of.
But if they were the murderer, they'd kind of already know all the details of the crime. They would also know RA wad arrested.

As for it being thin, whose to say? I have no evidence of it being thin. I have no evidence of it being strong

Imo We can't dismiss the possibilty of a clothing snap or button of some sort. I'm not sure how easily that would burn, but if he did it years ago maybe it's possible one kind of got buried under some debris and dirt and therefore protected to a degree? Maybe someone can help answer that? I just know that has happened in house fires and we saw it all the time as kids burning trash on our property that was just a larger version of photo of the fire pit at RAs home.

But how much of an idiot do you have to be to burn evidence in your own fire pit? Imo
Maybe brazen...felt like nobody would ever know.. Lots of serial killers seem to get caught that way.. (not to say the guy's a serial killer)

As for it being thin, whose to say? I have no evidence of it being thin. I have no evidence of it being strong
Who's to say? The prosecutor is to say, it's what they went to law school for, it's what they get paid to do.
It's the prosecutor's job to determine if the "evidence is thin" or strong and to decide whether or not to file charges.

Unexpected response to reporter’s questions about Ron Logan at 1:35, imo.

In other words he doesn’t reject it, when he has an opp to do so, and let the memory of a dead man rest.

I realize they won’t “clear” anyone publicly, but just thought since he’s dead, they might let that be known that they’ve moved on or whatever, out of respect for his memory.

Thanks for sharing. I thought what he said and didn't say about the reward was interesting as well. And the part about looking back now at the news conferences to see if RA was there

But if they were the murderer, they'd kind of already know all the details of the crime. They would also know RA wad arrested.

That's precisely why it's so important to keep it sealed for now. Only those who were there would know the details of the crime, but everyone might now once the AA is released. Therefore you'd potentially be unable to verify a confession at that point.

All over this country, 24 hrs a day, LE documents probable cause for suspects to be arrested and booked into jail for crimes, without it being ever seen by the general public beforehand.
Eventually, it will be available, and if there is no probable cause, the defendant has recourse.

In a felony of this magnitude, the prosecutor has already determined that the evidence is sufficient to take the case to trial and a judge has reviewed and signed off on the temporary sealing of the affidavit.

I don't know why one would think LE, a judge, and a prosecutor would all be fabricating something and have no fear of legal consequences, not to mention public outrage when they know the information will eventually be released.
Agreed. I don't think people realize sealed documents are not sealed to the parties in the case, including counsel. Once defense counsel is hired or appointed, defense counsel will surely go line by line with the defendant. If the defense believes anything in the affidavit is inaccurate such that it no longer provides probable cause that the defendant committed the crime alleged, that is something that can be challenged.

I am surprised there's really this outcry that the public deserves to read this document before defense counsel. At the end of the day, one person is charged with a crime and that person has rights whether we like it or not.

There were no photographs taken of Bridge Guy.
What was taken was a video by Libby of Abby, BG was in the top corner. Libby did not take a video of BG alone. The video was split into individual images and some were chosen for still shots- Abby was cropped out. The pixels are so very low because it is a corner of a larger video image. When you watch the entire sequence you’ll see a dark object pop into one side and then out, that is Abby’s jacket as she moved in the video.
That is why you can’t blow up that BG footage or make it clearer.
I’ve always imagined it being a video that was shot not long after the still image of Abby on the bridge, but I’m not sure the sequence or the location on the bridge where the video and images were taken.
There is a YT creator that explains the process of what was done, pretty brave and insightful of Libby, and also heartbreaking
Interesting. Does someone have the full video?

Iirc Abby on bridge was 2:06?

Mr Patty is said to call/text Libby 3:15?no response. I think the girls were murdered by then.

Libby last posted a pic of Abbey on the bridge at ~2:07 as most of us are aware... but does anyone know what the timestamp is of the vid clip and him saying "Guys.... down the hill"? I'd love to know how far after her posting that last pic of Abby. TIA

Who's to say? The prosecutor is to say, it's what they went to law school for, it's what they get paid to do.
It's the prosecutor's job to determine if the "evidence is thin" or strong and to decide whether or not to file charges.
I think you are missing the point of the rhetorical flourish. I am saying, in response to a comment specifically about the judge signing off on the PC and having a good reason, that we do not know what said good reason is.

Side note: Have you ever heard that phrase about a prosecutor being able to indict a ham sandwich?

Nonetheless, it's the cops job, the prosecutor's job, the judge's job and eventually the jury's job and then the job of appeallate courts. The defendant gets a swing at it and so do their attorneys. The press and the public get a vote -- although outside the judicial system -- too

I think you are missing the point of the rhetorical flourish. I am saying, in response to a comment specifically about the judge signing off on the PC and having a good reason, that we do not know what said good reason is.

Side note: Have you ever heard that phrase about a prosecutor being able to indict a ham sandwich?

Nonetheless, it's the cops job, the prosecutor's job, the judge's job and eventually the jury's job and then the job of appeallate courts. The defendant gets a swing at it and so do their attorneys. The press and the public get a vote -- although outside the judicial system -- too
Thank you for saying “rhetorical flourish”!
I‘ve always thought that the use of “rhetorical flourish” is rhetorical flourish.

Last edited:

The famous ham sandwich quote is in reference to grand juries.

"A grand jury would indict a ham sandwich, if that's what you wanted."

I want him alive. I am hoping he talks!
Trial, verdict, impact
statements, sentence, good bye.
Apologies if this has already been discussed - the threads are moving so fast! I know there is a lot of debate on the possible connections between RA and KK/CSAM - I wonder if his work at CVS could potentially play into this. We know he was able to work the photo section, a place where many innocuous family photos (kids and babies playing in bathtubs, for example) could potentially be exploited. Not sure how easy it would be to print “extra” photos out for your own purpose to distribute to other creeps, but it seems like it could be a potential avenue if someone with evil intentions had that in mind. Maybe that’s reading too much into uncertainties, but his previous access to people’s photos is very unsettling , given what we know now. MOO.
No depravity is beyond the scope here. They my are really broken human beings, smirking at how smart they are to get away with things that horrify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helangel