Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #155 *Richard Allen Arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought about them putting a lien against their house too, but I wonder if they even can. I read that they paid cash for their house in 2006. I wonder if they possibly pulled out a second mortgage because they may have funded their daughters wedding. Purely speculation, but Im wondering if that's why RA says in the letter they're going to lose their house due to finances.
It’s really quite simple even without speculation. Maintaining a house, even without a mortgage to pay, costs money. Taxes, hydro, water, natural gas, maintenance. The Allen’s income ceased the day he was incarcerated and his poor wife’s life was changed forever. We all think once we’ve made the last mortgage payment we own the property. Try not paying your property taxes. JMVHO

eta I see @Nikynoo beat me too it :)

Last edited:
Could KK sue as I often think RL should have if he hadn’t died.

I guess with KK it’s a difficult one because his reputation is ruined anyway with what he has been charged with so can being connected to this does it harm his reputation that much more.

But RL certainly would have grounds I would have thought.

Mooooooooooooooooo

Do you mean sue the police? Or sue any news organization that published information saying he was potentially linked to the crime?

I can tell you know that if my spouse abandoned me in a time of need, there is no way we would reunite.
Agree, there is no way we can know how RA's wife will choose to handle the situation, as traumatic as it is. This all has happened so fast and I suspect she will need time to make her own personal decisions.

EBM

Ya I just worry this case is so high profile that a small step in the wrong direction by authorities can jaeapordize it. I'm hoping everything goes according to the rule of law and nothing not one bit goes awry. Its just too serious a case the way these girls were killed just horrific. If it were leaked for example that could be an issue down the road and maybe open a can of worms unexpectedly. IDK but if it was leaked then the individual responsible is not helping these girls but harming them for what? Why? Regardles of guilt or not he needs to have his defense. So what is the point of putting it out there if it was leaked. Very disrespectful to Abby and Libby IMO!
Are other court filings public? That's what this is. A court filing with a court stamp "filed"

Agree, there is no way we can know how RA's wife will choose to handle the situation, as traumatic as it is. This all has happened so fast and I suspect she will need time to make her own personal decisions.

EBM
Yeah, well. There is having an affair, and then there is going to jail for killing two young girls.

There is a continuum of what I could accept. Just saying. And my heart goes out to family members of people who are accused of criminal behavior. They are victims too. We don't know what they have been through or are dealing with.

There is a "Life Stressor" quiz...and based on the answers determines how much stress you have in your life. The question, "My spouse is in jail for killing two teenage girls", isn't even on the quiz! So, I think she would score 100, not even taking the test.

I hope the family is being supported.

I guess with KK it’s a difficult one because his reputation is ruined anyway with what he has been charged with so can being connected to this does it harm his reputation that much more.

Mooooooooooooooooo
RL lied and arranged his alibi BEFORE the girls were found for the time they were being murdered. They had a search warrant attested to by the FBI and signed by a judge. Who was RL going to sue?

FWIW Doug Carter has said NOBODY has been cleared.

MOO

Oh I think it's an act. He has a daughter and a wife....I always remember when Carter said "A question to you: What will those closest to you think of you when they find out that you brutally murdered two little girls? Two children!" So I think he is going to play completely bewildered and innocent until the end. But there is no role he could have in this that is not horrific.

I’m late to the game guys & catching up.
Flashy I have to agree w your post….every time I hear DC speak about this case I get chills. He was put in this position as “face of the case“ bc he comes across as a very caring LE official, or at least to me.
i have to admit thru the years I have questioned whether the public was being fed a lot of lip service. I still am hit with those doubts at times, but I go back & replay DC’s videos & I have to believe he would not repeatedly appear at these pc’s just spouting lines of bs. I believe RA will be found guilty & oh how I feel for his daughter & his wife. They are in a terrible situation that few find themselves.
<modsnip - referring to a photo that is not within the TOS>
Oh this case is the worst. Okay, enough said. Back to lurking mode.
IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just curious as to why you think the authorities have been investigating him for months. I got the feeling that he pretty much came out of nowhere.
Frosted, that's a really good point, and there are arguments on both sides IMO. My own feeling is that when LE first began looking at RA for the murders, they did not say anything about it publicly, but they began investigating him exhaustively.

They only get one chance at the prosecution, and the very fact of arresting him throws many innocent lives into turmoil (family, co-workers, etc)--my own guess is that LE would have checked every single thing they could about RA and about any evidence. So I suspect that it LOOKED like it was out of nowhere, but that the LE people put in a TON of work behind the scenes. Just a guess, though.

Mooooooooooooooooo
He would have to prove that people (media, whoever) not only lied, but also knowingly lied about what KK had going on. He was linked to the case not by media, but by the police. In many ways. I can’t see many ways in which either RL or KK would see any money from this.

MOO

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

So far as I know, nobody has a recording of RAs voice that we could compare to Bridge Guy's voice. All we have is a belief in the judgement of LE and the judge (who has since recused himself from the case). And truth be told, LE has been mistaken before, so it might be possible they are wrong here as well. I sure hope not. MOO

Grey Hughes did a very quick comparison with the snippets that are available.

The thing people don't think about in regards to the spouse or partner is these times is not only are they dealing with the outcome of all this....but also a type breakup at the same time. They have been married a long time. On top of all the trauma and other stuff she is dealing with a break up from her high school sweetheart and long time partner. It's hard.

I was a victim in a violent assault by my partner (at the time) and one of the hardest things to deal with emotionally was the break up of what I thought was the love of my life. I hated him for what he did and was scared, but at the same time I lost the person I thought I would spend the rest of my life with. It's very confusing emotions to deal with.

I feel for her.

I don't feel like they set him off with comments..I really think he came prepared and nothing they could say would prevent
him. I mean we can see the gun, we can see he has things in his coat...we can see he is not there to enjoy nature.
Also - just by the tone of his voice -
He sounds serious - like he has a plan. I think if he was just casually there and then got set off or angry it would come across in his tone.
He just sounded like he was there to do what he did and he was telling them down the hill because he knew exactly where they were going and what he was going to do.

Flashy I have to agree w your post….every time I hear DC speak about this case I get chills. He was put in this position as “face of the case“ bc he comes across as a very caring LE official, or at least to me.
i have to admit thru the years I have questioned whether the public was being fed a lot of lip service. I still am hit with those doubts at times, but I go back & replay DC’s videos & I have to believe he would not repeatedly appear at these pc’s just spouting lines of bs. I believe RA will be found guilty & oh how I feel for his daughter & his wife. They are in a terrible situation that few find themselves.
<modsnip>
IMO
Blondie, don't lurk, join in. We all our have our opinions and are entitled to them just as much as the next poster. I got the rotten tomatoes hurled in my direction last night, but that's part of belonging to a message board. Hah

I think DC was and still is totally invested in this case heart, mind and soul. I think we'll all be shocked, sickened when the facts of this case come to light. All of the criticisms of LE are hard to handle at times, I'm glad WS to LE Friendly.

#Justice4Abby&Libby

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, please don’t throw tomatoes but I have to ask one question, & I’m adding the usual disclaimer that I am not sleuthing family so I will word it this way: whatever would motivate a hs senior to have at least one or more of their senior photos taken on a bridge that was the scene of a horrific murder of two young girls? This may be deleted & I apologize if so, but I literally gasped when I saw that photo. Sorry as I know I’m slow to ask this & it probably was asked before & I missed it.
IMO
BBM -It has been discussed previously and it is a popular place for these types of photos. I believe that this was taken some time ago as his daughter is now in her late 20's and married.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay