Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #155 *Richard Allen Arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible that the spouse of an accused could have their own lawyer regarding divorce proceedings and that their counsel could communicate with the accused in jail?
Anything is possible, but we’d see the divorce filings on mycase if it were a thing that were happening. Chances are he’s just… talking to his wife.

MOO

Is down the hill Podcast worth listening to?

I haven’t heard it before but it’s 8 hours so want to double check it’s factual and worth the time .
I would say 'Yes'. I have listened to both Parts 1 and 2 on Youtube (if there are further parts to this, please post).

It gives a really good overview. It shows which end of the bridge is involved in the incident and also where the bodies were found (e.g. they speculated that really BG 'boxed' the girls in and they had no where to go - part 2). It also explained that the bodies were found in a 'bowl' shaped piece of ground and were therefore not easy to see from the river.

Tobe admitted that it was a mistake to turn the bloodhounds back once they found the girls bodies.

I can't remember who said, but it was confirmed that DNA and fingerprints were found (but didn't say where) - again part 2.

I also came to the conclusion that men in particular, in Delphi, do have a similar look, stance and sound and more than one man interviewed had a goatee.

Part 1
Part 2

I just wondered who will maintain the exterior of the property while he is incarcerated given that he has noted in his letter that his wife has left the residence. Who will manage things like lawn care and snow removal?
I'm sure there are family and friends who will help out.

I just wondered who will maintain the exterior of the property while he is incarcerated given that he has noted in his letter that his wife has left the residence. Who will manage things like lawn care and snow removal?
Lawn care season is pretty much done in the Midwest until spring and you don’t really need to worry about snow removal if nobody is living in the house.

I do feel sorry for the innocent family members though, IF they are truly unaware of his possible connection to these murders. It's hard to believe that after all these years that they didn't see a hint of a chance that he could be involved.
Dennis Rader, the BTK killer, killed 10 victims from 1974-1991 in Wichita and Park City Kansas

He had 2 children and a wife. They had no idea.

Here's an article about his daughter and how her life was altered forever because of her father's sick and depraved choices.

No. If it was privileged communication that occurred during the marriage, it’s still privileged after divorce. RA can petition to have anything like that suppressed and probably be very successful in doing so.

MOO

ETA: That only applies to communications, though. She could still be called to testify about character or whereabouts or other things of that nature from my understanding.
Thank you for clarifying I really appreciate your insight.

in the recording from Libbys phone, the voice seems higher pitched (to me anyway) than the other clips.
Could that be something as simple as he knew what he was about to do and it wasn't his normal, everyday conversational voice? He was likely revved up just by the thought of what was to come. I can see something like that changing the pitch of your voice. Not your overall voice patterns, etc., but the pitch? Most definitely in that moment. At least in my mind. MOO

My guess is that LE have some pretty solid evidence ?
Something that cannot be easily dismissed ?
Just to be clear since I can't do more than scan through all these posts...

Do we know of any evidence, solid or otherwise, against RA? Anything at all? Are we just trusting that LE has the goods on him? I have lost a lot of trust in LE in this case over the years.

If I were the wife of the man just busted for murdering these girls, I wouldn't give a rat's fat patooty about the lawn or snow removal. I'd probably be agonizing over every moment of the last 5+ years wondering how I missed any red flags, and second guessing myself into oblivion. And, weeping my heart out. But that's just me.

Do we know of any evidence, solid or otherwise, against RA? Anything at all? Are we just trusting that LE has the goods on him? I have lost a lot of trust in LE in this case over the years.
NO - we know nothing.

During the months of investigating RA and preparing to submit the warrant, the authorities must have been watching him and everyone around him like a hawk. Delphi is small community. In retropect, I am wondering, thinking about how this was done. Undercover customers at CVS?, etc. I.wonder if any locals noticed any surveilling, in retrospect.
GPS tracker on his vehicle would be part of the surveillance IMO

I hope they bring a doctor to see him. Without details because we are not allowed to discuss the handwriting and choice of words, anyone can see that physically, the man is not right. Sounds like we have two sick men in two parallel cases in jail, one, KK with seizures, and the other one, RA…concerning.
This is how I see RA, since his arrest :
There's the possibility that RA is going to go into full psychotic mode and claim any manner of 'illnesses', and I wouldn't put it past him to feign mental disability, that he may or may not have.
Cunning and a chameleon is how I'm observing RA at this time.

Evil for sure, but not necessarily mentally ill or sick, as far as incapable of knowing right from wrong.
He took steps to cover his alleged actions up.
Possibly 'sick' as far as consumed with guilt, to where it affects his countenance or actions ?

If this is his plan to plead mental illness, it could be a fabrication, imo, as there are many who are truly suffering from mental issues like depression and/or disconnection from reality -- and have still chosen to not harm a fly.

I think RA is capable of functioning normally and understands what he's accused of doing ?

What was RA like, before his arrest ?
Did he work, pay his bills, go out to eat/mingle, take care of his family in a normal manner ?

But now he can't communicate without appearing disjointed or disconnected from reality, or communicate properly via phone or interview ?
This is speculation .... as I don't know if he's contacted representation yet.
He could be working an a mental or physical illness defense.

If this is what's happening, I hope the prosecution points out that he evaded justice for years and appeared to be functioning normally during that time !
M00.

Last edited:
No. If it was privileged communication that occurred during the marriage, it’s still privileged after divorce. RA can petition to have anything like that suppressed and probably be very successful in doing so.

MOO

ETA: That only applies to communications, though. She could still be called to testify about character or whereabouts or other things of that nature from my understanding.
bbm
This ! Esp. the bolded bit.

Could that be something as simple as he knew what he was about to do and it wasn't his normal, everyday conversational voice? He was likely revved up just by the thought of what was to come. I can see something like that changing the pitch of your voice. Not your overall voice patterns, etc., but the pitch? Most definitely in that moment. At least in my mind. MOO
bbm
That's just so 'ugh'. :(

I think he's mentally and physically fit, as far as planning and cover up.
My guess is that now he's going to work the, "I'm unwell" angle for all it's worth.

Hoping very much that LE have the goods on him, something RA cannot wiggle out of !!
M00.

Last edited:
Do you mean sue the police? Or sue any news organization that published information saying he was potentially linked to the crime?

Either - but especially the online blogs - YouTube stuff like it’s completely damaging to his reputation.

A libel or slander lawsuit seeks monetary damages for harm caused by the statement, such as pain and suffering, damage to the plaintiff's reputation, lost wages or a loss of ability to earn a living, and personal emotional reactions such as shame, humiliation, and anxiety!!
I would say 'Yes'. I have listened to both Parts 1 and 2 on Youtube (if there are further parts to this, please post).

It gives a really good overview. It shows which end of the bridge is involved in the incident and also where the bodies were found (e.g. they speculated that really BG 'boxed' the girls in and they had no where to go - part 2). It also explained that the bodies were found in a 'bowl' shaped piece of ground and were therefore not easy to see from the river.

Tobe admitted that it was a mistake to turn the bloodhounds back once they found the girls bodies.

I can't remember who said, but it was confirmed that DNA and fingerprints were found (but didn't say where) - again part 2.

I also came to the conclusion that men in particular, in Delphi, do have a similar look, stance and sound and more than one man interviewed had a goatee.

Part 1
Part 2

Thanks

There are 8 parts

I am half way though part 4 , it’s fascinating to hear from all many different people who were involved.

Part 1
Part 2
In video one about 30 minutes in, they advise that Libby’s phone had been found in the woods. This is really interesting, if you watch you’ll notice that on the video they show an actor picking it up from the floor of the woods. This makes me think that it was not in fact found on Libby‘s person or in her jacket. This makes me think that perhaps she threw it or dropped it along her route perhaps intentionally to ensure that the perpetrator would not have access to it and would not know that she had record of him unless and until police decided to release that information themselves. The alternative is that she dropped it unintentionally out of fear or perhaps it slipped out of her pocket or wherever she had it, but I do not think that this was an unintentional thing given that we’ve been told repeatedly by law-enforcement that she was a hero for having recorded this video.

Hope they have what they need and tbh I'm more confident than not.
Think about what a blow it'd be to DPD if they lacked something solid ?

Graphic warning:

What if RA cut a lock of hair, or had clothing from the girls with blood evidence on it ?
Wouldn't that be strong enough ?
Or video , or even just audio -- of him threatening the girls before their death ?
As in telling them what he was going to do ?
We know Libby took that short video of RA on the bridge, what if she turned the screen off but kept it recording ?
I think LE have something solid !

Iirc, in the Danny Rollings case in FL (Gainsville Ripper), he admitted at his trial that he told the victims what he was going to do before killing them, but afaik he didn't record anything.
Justice was served in that case !
M00.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members