Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #155 *Richard Allen Arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In video one about 30 minutes in, they advise that Libby’s phone had been found in the woods. This is really interesting, if you watch you’ll notice that on the video they show an actor picking it up from the floor of the woods. This makes me think that it was not in fact found on Libby‘s person or in her jacket. This makes me think that perhaps she threw it or dropped it along her route perhaps intentionally to ensure that the perpetrator would not have access to it and would not know that she had record of him unless and until police decided to release that information themselves. The alternative is that she dropped it unintentionally out of fear or perhaps it slipped out of her pocket or wherever she had it, but I do not think that this was an unintentional thing given that we’ve been told repeatedly by law-enforcement that she was a hero for having recorded this video.

It would have been quite leafy I would have thought considering the time of the year so maybe she managed to drop it and cover it over with her foot.

If it was on her person I don’t understand why he wouldn’t of taken it imo

Either - but especially the online blogs - YouTube stuff like it’s completely damaging to his reputation.

A libel or slander lawsuit seeks monetary damages for harm caused by the statement, such as pain and suffering, damage to the plaintiff's reputation, lost wages or a loss of ability to earn a living, and personal emotional reactions such as shame, humiliation, and anxiety!!

Thanks

There are 8 parts

I am half way though part 4 , it’s fascinating to hear from all many different people who were involved.
BBM - but where would you start? It is expensive to sue!

This is just my own speculation, of course, but when L captured BG walking on the bridge, I don't think it was overtly obvious to him that he was being filmed. In the the DTH podcast that has been linked several times lately, LE tells us the video is 43 seconds and "G...DTH" is at the very end. It therefore doesn't seem there is footage of anything after that on L's phone (that we know of). He orders them down the hill and the video stops. She could have dropped her phone right there, near the south end of the bridge, or at any point between. Only LE knows where it was found. It's nice to think L left the phone purposefully, as a bread crumb, but my feeling is that she still didn't know at that point that she was going to die, so she likely would have kept her phone on her unless she dropped it by accident or during the crime itself. Who knows, the killer maybe didn't even think to take it, or he knocked it out of her hand to keep her from trying to call for help. We just don't know, but I don't think the phone was of any significance to the killer in that moment, because he didn't know he was on it.

This is just my own speculation, of course, but when L captured BG walking on the bridge, I don't think it was overtly obvious to him that he was being filmed. In the the DTH podcast that has been linked several times lately, LE tells us the video is 43 seconds and "G...DTH" is at the very end. It therefore doesn't seem there is footage of anything after that on L's phone (that we know of). He orders them down the hill and the video stops. She could have dropped her phone right there, near the south end of the bridge, or at any point between. Only LE knows where it was found. It's nice to think L left the phone purposefully, as a bread crumb, but my feeling is that she still didn't know at that point that she was going to die, so she likely would have kept her phone on her unless she dropped it by accident or during the crime itself. Who knows, the killer maybe didn't even think to take it, or he knocked it out of her hand to keep her from trying to call for help. We just don't know, but I don't think the phone was of any significance to the killer in that moment, because he didn't know he was on it.

Well on Down the Hill podcast somebody involved who has heard the recording implied that one of the girls wouldn’t say which one knew what was about to happen.

I think teenagers today are a lot more self aware about this stuff and Libby seemed very mature for her age so I don’t find it that surprising. If a creepy old man is gonna stalk two kids on a bridge then odds are it’s not gonna end well.

MOO

Anyone else find it odd that NO ONE is taking up for RA? If his arrest came out of the blue, I would expect his wife and or daughter to be publicly pleading for his innocence and expressing shock. Even friends or other family. Am I missing those reports? If his close family bailed on him so soon it's pretty clear LE has solid proof.

Last edited:
Just pondering the attorney/public defender thing. I keep seeing people saying they're surprised no big shot defense attorney has taken on his case pro-bono. Could it be that the PC is sealed they don't want to take on this case sight-unseen. Or can they see the sealed PC before agreeing to take him on as their client? I don't know much when it comes to homicide cases and how defense attorneys take on a case such as this one. Thank you in advance.
I see a lot of people talking about this as well and I think they're just living in TV land. Yes, it does happen sometimes that a high profile attorney takes on a case for the publicity. But that is very, very, very rare. People keep bringing up Case Anthony - ignoring the fact that he was actually paid (not his full fee but it's kind of hard to quit in the middle of trial). While it was a trial of a murdered child, it also was a soap opera, which is what Baez was probably in it for. But no one really has any other great examples of lawyers taking on these kinds of cases. Murder cases are expensive, they are time consuming, most lawyers aren't going to waste their time doing it for "free" when "free" actually means they are taking it at a loss (lost time, fees for expert witnesses, fees for additional testing, etc.) in hopes that somehow they will make up that lost income in the future.

Anyway, you are right. If there was someone out there that was going to take it on for "free", they are going to want to know what the evidence is before they take it on. Most lawyers will still charge a fee for a consult, as they have to be "your lawyer" to have access to the sealed information. Honestly, I don't think anyone is coming forward to do this pro bono even after seeing the evidence.

If they can't find a regular employed public defender to do the case, they can find an attorney to work as a public defender. So say there's no one with the time, experience that doesn't have a conflict. Joe Schmo private criminal defense attorney from the county who checks all of those boxes can be voluntarily contracted to work as a public defender.

Last edited:
Anyone else find it odd that NO ONE is taking up for RA? If his arrest came out of the blue, I would expect his wife and or daughter to be publicly pleading for his innocence and expressing shock. Even friends or other family. Am I missing those reports? If his close family bailed on him so soon it's pretty clear LE has solid proof.
I for one don’t think it’s at all odd. I personally believe that after his arrest his family members remembered things that may have not seemed odd at the time, or maybe they were but they brushed them off, but didn’t put them together until after his arrest.

mOo

Well on Down the Hill podcast somebody involved who has heard the recording implied that one of the girls wouldn’t say which one knew what was about to happen.

I think teenagers today are a lot more self aware about this stuff and Libby seemed very mature for her age so I don’t find it that surprising. If a creepy old man is gonna stalk two kids on a bridge then odds are it’s not gonna end well.

MOO
Yes, it was implied that they were scared. I think he creeped them out for whatever reason and that's why L videoed him. It's also been said that there is audio of the girls talking about him while he was walking towards them, they didn't want an encounter with him, but they didn't know where else to go (JMO, since I don't have a link handy). It must have been terrifying. I have no doubt at some point they understood the gravity of the situation, of course, but even if L didn't toss or hide her phone on purpose, she'd still be brave by my book. I just see it that the kind of a-hole who would stalk down two young girls would also likely knock a phone right out of her hand if it was visible. Yet another means of giving him the control. JMO.

Here’s a theory that reconciles a lot of what we know now…

KK had some sort of ongoing communications with RA, wherein they were discussing the types of things one would believe would be discussed with KK. KK knows RA was going to meet up with the girls through these communications. The murders happen. KK realizes RA probably did it and freaks out and dumps his phone off a bridge over the Wabash. He may not have even known who RA actually was. KK eventually confessed these details and tells police where the phone was dumped. Police recover the phone and are able to do a chip-off or similar and retrieve the incriminating data on the device. They’re then able to determine who RA is, get a search warrant for his house. Perhaps they find something like a phone buried in his yard. Whatever it was, was enough to definitively tie him to being BG, leading to the felony murder charges.

MOO

Yes, it was implied that they were scared. I think he creeped them out for whatever reason and that's why L videoed him. It's also been said that there is audio of the girls talking about him while he was walking towards them, they didn't want an encounter with him, but they didn't know where else to go (JMO, since I don't have a link handy). It must have been terrifying. I have no doubt at some point they understood the gravity of the situation, of course, but even if L didn't toss or hide her phone on purpose, she'd still be brave by my book. I just see it that the kind of a-hole who would stalk down two young girls would also likely knock a phone right out of her hand if it was visible. Yet another means of giving him the control. JMO.

Being on the south side of Deer Creek they probably felt trapped hoping he would pass.

Jmo

I would say 'Yes'. I have listened to both Parts 1 and 2 on Youtube (if there are further parts to this, please post).

It gives a really good overview. It shows which end of the bridge is involved in the incident and also where the bodies were found (e.g. they speculated that really BG 'boxed' the girls in and they had no where to go - part 2). It also explained that the bodies were found in a 'bowl' shaped piece of ground and were therefore not easy to see from the river.

Tobe admitted that it was a mistake to turn the bloodhounds back once they found the girls bodies.

I can't remember who said, but it was confirmed that DNA and fingerprints were found (but didn't say where) - again part 2.

I also came to the conclusion that men in particular, in Delphi, do have a similar look, stance and sound and more than one man interviewed had a goatee.

Part 1
Part 2

Thank u Niky for posting this, it has info I hadn’t seen before, or maybe it’s just been too long & I’d forgotten. Definitely need the refresher on this case, so much to remember! And it‘s done very well. I’m just starting to watch it now but after needed to come up for air & take a break.Such an evil thing to happen….

Being on the south side of Deer Creek they probably felt trapped hoping he would pass.

Jmo
Yes. From the very beginning, this part has angered me endlessly. He completely cornered them. If he was at all familiar with the bridge itself, he would not have had to plan anything to know that at the south end, they had no way back. Personally, I think things happened just down the hill and in the woods below the bridge, on the south side of the creek, too. Get's my hackles raised just thinking about it.

I don’t find it odd at all. If he is guilty, no one wants to align with him. If they have a general trust in LE, they would assume he wouldn’t be in the slammer if there wasn’t some solid evidence. I think their silence is normal at this stage.

I hope they bring a doctor to see him. Without details because we are not allowed to discuss the handwriting and choice of words, anyone can see that physically, the man is not right. Sounds like we have two sick men in two parallel cases in jail, one, KK with seizures, and the other one, RA…concerning.
I'm at a loss as to how anyone can see that physically the man is not right, based on his handwriting. I don't know what I'm missing, but I certainly don't see anything wrong with him physically, based on his penmanship or choice of words.

Although, what may be wrong with him mentally... I'll reserve opinion on until we have more information. Specifically, what information in the PC affidavit that convinced a judge to issue the arrest warrant.

jmo

Yes. From the very beginning, this part has angered me endlessly. He completely cornered them. If he was at all familiar with the bridge itself, he would not have had to plan anything to know that at the south end, they had no way back. Personally, I think things happened just down the hill and in the woods below the bridge, on the south side of the creek, too. Get's my hackles raised just thinking about it.

Looking at maps where the bridge end to solid ground is where a presumed where they where. Following that down the hill to the ground that is level to the creek is a good distance. Then going right and following the creek is a good distance to get to the back side of RL’s property on the other side (north) of creek. Then cross the creek and their bodies are found 50 feet from creek.

Thats a hike.

Jmo

I think Gary Ridgeway's family had no idea ?
In a way, he destroyed his family and relatives' lives.
I still hope they've been able to have some sort of life after everything that he did.
He not only devastated the victim's families forever, he also ruined a large portion of the family and relatives' lives, who thought they knew this man.

I agree that anyone completely in the dark about RA's actions or worse -- suspecting but fearful for their lives -- are suffering as well.
I'm not sure, but it may be worse to be the relative of the perp than the relative of the victim, the shame would be a life sentence in itself.
M00.

GRK’s three wives had no idea. He had dreams of choking one wife when he made love to her. She thought he loved her. Moreover, he killed one woman in a car where his son was sleeping. The kid was six at that time. I am glad he didn’t wake up…

Statistically, more women don’t know and don’t guess.

Think of this, “a killer” means, he can kill her, the spouse, too. Yet when tired Shanann Watts walked into her house, did she expect to be murdered that night? What about SM? Most women have no idea they can be murdered.

Same thing, if RA’s wife recognized her husband in that apparition on the bridge, it didn’t take Einstein to guess that she, too, was in danger. I honestly believe that in most cases, the partners of these killers are totally unaware.

I do feel sorry for the innocent family members though, IF they are truly unaware of his possible connection to these murders. It's hard to believe that after all these years that they didn't see a hint of a chance that he could be involved.
Maybe if they did he was so controlling,and manipulative he could make them question their own perception, and make them feel guilty "How dare you even think that of me" I've heard such from my ex when I could alcohol on his breath. He would hover over,me and scream in my face,punch walls and tell me he does that so I don't get punched. It's terrifying. So happy to be free of that now. MOO

His height looks to be 5-7 based on this photo--I had previously seen that he was 5-4. Whatever height he is, sure has wide, glaring eyes!
I've been noticing the wide, glaring eyes. In other photos he is in, his eyes are not like that. It seems as if he is trying very hard not to look like any of the two sketches, or he is scared crapless.

I've been noticing the wide, glaring eyes. In other photos he is in, his eyes are not like that. It seems as if he is trying very hard not to look like any of the two sketches, or he is scared crapless.
I'm putting my money on the latter (scared crapless). This isn't a traffic violation he's being jailed for. This is HUGE and he knows it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxmia2020