Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #155 *Richard Allen Arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn’t a public defender be appointed and paid by the State?

The new judge may pull one from another county I think. The public defender commission can assist. There are 40 or 50% state monies available to reimburse the county depending on the case. Carroll County is eligible for that assistance.

Does anyone have an understanding of what is done in an investigation to substantiate an alibi? With the reporting that LE had already spoken to him, I am wondering where he claimed to be and when, and what was done to confirm that he was telling the truth.

I read this article when I became interested in the case in 2020, and it has stuck with me.

Police corroborating alibis given in Delphi killings

I found this part interesting. I’m wondering if people did tip him in, but they thought they identified and cleared him, then dismissed further tips about him…

Riley gave a glimpse into the organization of this investigation.

For example, a team of investigators pore over the leads from the phone tip line — 844-459-5786 — and the email tip address — abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com. This team discards tips that already have been cleared and assigns investigators to follow up on new leads, Riley said.

Those investigators file reports after interviewing people, Riley said. Those reports, in turn, are read by other investigators, who often suggest there might be holes, omissions, lies or unasked questions. This sends the investigators back into the field for followup and more reports.

Does anyone have an understanding of what is done in an investigation to substantiate an alibi? With the reporting that LE had already spoken to him, I am wondering where he claimed to be and when, and what was done to confirm that he was telling the truth.

I read this article when I became interested in the case in 2020, and it has stuck with me.

I found this part interesting. I’m wondering if people did tip him in, but they thought they identified and cleared him, then dismissed further tips about him…

For example, a team of investigators pore over the leads from the phone tip line — 844-459-5786 — and the email tip address — abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com. This team discards tips that already have been cleared and assigns investigators to follow up on new leads, Riley said.

Those investigators file reports after interviewing people, Riley said. Those reports, in turn, are read by other investigators, who often suggest there might be holes, omissions, lies or unasked questions. This sends the investigators back into the field for follow up and more reports.
bolding mine
Good points to ponder.

Sorry I just have to say this : I hope there were no unasked questions that should have been ... asked !!
It's just that five years seemed much too long for the grieving families to have to wait; depending if there was video or audio of the perp on the girl's phones that could've assisted in identifying the perp.

At the very beginning, I thought it was said that there was more audio of the crime itself , but it couldn't be released as it was too graphic ?
But not for the investigators, they must have listened to everything repeatedly.
Outside of the bridge clip, Idk if there was more video.

This may sound unrealistic -- but if RA spoke to the investigators, could they have recorded something he said, and replayed it, and see if it matched what might have been on one of the girl's phones ?
A voice comparison ?

And since he lived in the general area, talked to RA again about his alibi and have him show where he walked that day ?
OR, could they have had dogs scent something of his and see if the dogs went to the crime scene following his scent ?
I realize this is after the fact.

M00.

bolding mine
Good points to ponder.

Sorry I just have to say this : I hope there were no unasked questions that should have been ... asked !!
It's just that five years seemed much too long for the grieving families to have to wait; depending if there was video or audio of the perp on the girl's phones that could've assisted in identifying the perp.

At the very beginning, I thought it was said that there was more audio of the crime itself , but it couldn't be released as it was too graphic ?
But not for the investigators, they must have listened to everything repeatedly.
Outside of the bridge clip, Idk if there was more video.

This may sound unrealistic -- but if RA spoke to the investigators, could they have recorded something he said, and replayed it, and see if it matched what might have been on one of the girl's phones ?
A voice comparison ?

And since he lived in the general area, talked to RA again about his alibi and have him show where he walked that day ?
OR, could they have had dogs scent something of his and see if the dogs went to the crime scene following his scent ?
I realize this is after the fact.

M00.
MOO I Carter said almost exactly that: That some questions that should have been asked were not asked.

My opinion is that the Probable Cause Affidavit will be Ordered to be unsealed after the November 22nd Hearing.

Of course, any confidential information, including the name(s) of any additional persons mentioned in the Affidavit, for example, KAK's, will be redacted, if indeed other names are in it.

JMO

Those investigators file reports after interviewing people, Riley said. Those reports, in turn, are read by other investigators, who often suggest there might be holes, omissions, lies or unasked questions. This sends the investigators back into the field for followup and more reports.
Dear @Silver_produce0,

Thank you for this important and insightful post! Greatly appreciated!

Sheryl McCollum from the Cold Case Investigative Research Institute is joining us on Websleuths YouTube Live tonight to discuss Allen and the Delphi case. Sheryl went to Delphi when Allen was arrested. I can't wait to hear what she has to tell us tonight.
We go live at 10:30 PM Eastern TONIGHT

Just came to my mind. Books and magazines taken from RA's home could be meant not only for storage of photographs.

Some people choose passwords from books. Letters or words on certain pages.

Could be passwords to Dropboxes, or to Tor browser.

My opinion is that the Probable Cause Affidavit will be Ordered to be unsealed after the November 22nd Hearing.

Of course, any confidential information, including the name(s) of any additional persons mentioned in the Affidavit, for example, KAK's, will be redacted, if indeed other names are in it.

JMO
That would seem to be the logical middle ground. Unseal the document BUT redact information as needed.

Of course, the key word there is "logical". As a young CPA in a public accounting firm whenever I brought that up some senior person would pull out the IRS code and defy me to find the word "logic" in it. Since I'm not a lawyer, perhaps logic may not rule the day. Although, somewhere in the argument I would hope so.

Last edited:
That would seem to be the logical middle ground. Unseal the document BUT redact information as needed.

Of course, the key word there is "logical". As a young CPA in a public accounting firm whenever I brought that up some senior person would pull out the IRS code and defy me to find the word "logic" in it. Since I'm not a lawyer, perhaps logic may not rule the day. Although, somewhere in the argument I would hope so.
Dear @JnRyan,

Well said!

I am really struggling to wrap my head around LE missing RA who came forward and identified himself. I mean, how many people were out there that day, during that time. There just couldn't have been that many or he could not have committed the murders. I am so disappointed they did not narrow down the height of BG from the video, he went right past trees they could have compared. RA is short, it would be a serious clue.
The most logical explanation at this point is that he was not missed per se and he is more like Lloyd Lee Welch in the Lyons Sisters case (what a g*dawful case). My betting money is someone went back into the case file and saw something in his initial discussions with police that suggested they needed to take another look. There was likely something there that, in retrospect, didn't look right. Suspects are forever putting themselves in the jackpot in cases like this.

Beyond the parallel of it being the murders of two girls, Welch was long suspected to have at least one accomplice

So, I'm not at all surprised that RA had baggy pants. Likely he wasn't one of the 2 extreme cases I witnessed above, but baggy (crumpled) pants are common among some.
I'm 99% sure that RA's not sagging but it could be in his future. His pants are a bit long because he is short and to fit him around his belly, they appear to be baggy in the legs.

I'm 99% sure that RA's not sagging but it could be in his future. His pants are a bit long because he is short and to fit him around his belly, they appear to be baggy in the legs.
You can actually get some pretty big waist sizes with even a 30" inseam in men's jeans. I was just looking and there was an option for 40" waist.

The most logical explanation at this point is that he was not missed per se and he is more like Lloyd Lee Welch in the Lyons Sisters case (what a g*dawful case). My betting money is someone went back into the case file and saw something in his initial discussions with police that suggested they needed to take another look. There was likely something there that, in retrospect, didn't look right. Suspects are forever putting themselves in the jackpot in cases like this.

Beyond the parallel of it being the murders of two girls, Welch was long suspected to have at least one accomplice

Dear @gizmobtj,

Thank you for this insightful and informative post!

It's astonishing what these cold case teams can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liiinebecc