Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #157

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice.
I need to read it about three more times!

So if the redacted name were Rick, then this would mean that RA/RMA would've been on their radar from the start. And now only arrested.

Then again, stranger things have happened -- and this entire case, and most proceedings therein, have been mighty strange.

Also, I wonder if LE were able to go search/find what RL took to the transfer station?
It's been a long time back, and I don't recall.

jmoo
However LEA made abundantly clear that they didn’t consider RA connected to this case until very recently…

Totally hanging out on this limb on which I imagine something done at the CVS photo lab seen by another employee or even customer getting the wrong print. I’ve worked photo lab, not much, just filled in a few times back in the 80s Ben Franklin, but things happened. Way too much for my 15-year-old eyes.
And I’ve worked with a guy who got caught doing his own special activities on his work computer— in a cubicle office. Stupid mistakes and who knows why people sometimes take risks almost like they want to get caught.
Total guess/opinion/imagining here. He could also be innocent. I think that would be the worst thing to happen to make everyone lose hope in this whole case though, so naturally people are going too far in assuming guilt with what we know right now. We really want this solved and justice done.
Please clarify what you mean. He may have looked at photos which were of illegal activities?

Yep. I agree. Two people is almost 1% the population of Delphi…. They’ve done an exceptionally bad job if they had six years and 1% of the population was involved in an horrific conspiracy and they ONLY JUST FOUND OUT.
Yep. I agree. Two people is almost 1% the population of Delphi…. They’ve done an exceptionally bad job if they had six years and 1% of the population was involved in an horrific conspiracy and they ONLY JUST FOUND OUT.
Your math is off (way off). Population in Delphi 2021 was 2972. 2 out of 2972 = 2/2972 = 0.0007 = 0.07%, not 1%. So less than 1/10 of 1%.

Finally caught up, and whilst reading articles I'm always caught on the same quote.

"We have good reason to believe that Allen was not alone. That there could be other actors," McLeland said in court.
Source - The Sun

I've always thought he was alone on the bridge and got the girls down the hill to where they were found alone (likely at gun or perhaps knife point). IMO I believe other 'actors' came into play either both before and after, or just after the murders. As I've said before I think the 'odd' things at the scene, staging/posing and multiple 'signatures', etc. Were because other(s) came to the scene for their own 'enjoyment' and perhaps took their own souvenirs.

Edited to add: Interesting to see RA's family were in court today, I wondered if they'd show. I know any good defence attorney would've ensured they were there.
There WERE others there late the evening of the murder, prior to their bodies being found, per RL's warrant. That's one of the things I outlined in my post (currently #151). I totally understand anyone deciding to scroll on by and not read it as it is loooonnngggg... :)

Pg 5, Line 23 – Analysis of RL’s cell phone data revealed a text message received by his phone at 10:16pm on 2/13/17. Initial exam of this analysis indicated RL’s phone was likely outside of his residence and in the proximity of where LG & AW’s bodies where located.

Gemmie’s comment – I wonder whatever possessed him to go to the CS when it was between 34-37° outside at 10:16pm? AND the girls hadn't even been found yet. Clean things up? Stage things? Look for Libby's phone? Take pics/souvenirs? Some or all of the above?

Source: https://interactive.wthr.com/pdfs/logan-warrrant.pdf

My post in the event this thread gets a cleanup and the post # no longer applies: Found Deceased - IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #157

Reading the tea leaves again now that we have some more information:

Everything we heard today makes me think the scenario I posted a while back is even more likely. I think they found something in the search of RA's house that ties him to the crime scene. He's been charged based mostly on that evidence plus his prior admission of being on the bridge that day.

However, the prosecution may not have much beyond that. So, while they think it's likely that he's BG and the sole killer, they can't rule out possible accomplices. That explains the felony murder charge. That explains them saying they're still investigating the possibility that others were involved. And that explains the defense attorney saying there's no mention of accomplices in the probable cause affidavit, because they don't actually have evidence of any accomplices.

Otherwise, I really don't understand the prosecution's behavior. They want to keep the PCA sealed because of the possibility of accomplices, but it doesn't mention accomplices? And they think there are accomplices and they don't want to notify them but they arrested RA, held a big press conference where they mentioned the possibility of others being involved and now are talking about it in open court?

If RA had an accomplice, they've had all the notification in the world at this point.

There WERE others there late the evening of the murder, prior to their bodies being found, per RL's warrant. That's one of the things I outlined in my post (currently #151). I totally understand anyone deciding to scroll on by and not read it as it is loooonnngggg... :)

Pg 5, Line 23 – Analysis of RL’s cell phone data revealed a text message received by his phone at 10:16pm on 2/13/17. Initial exam of this analysis indicated RL’s phone was likely outside of his residence and in the proximity of where LG & AW’s bodies where located.

Gemmie’s comment – I wonder whatever possessed him to go to the CS when it was between 34-37° outside at 10:16pm? AND the girls hadn't even been found yet. Clean things up? Stage things? Look for Libby's phone? Take pics/souvenirs? Some or all of the above?

Source: https://interactive.wthr.com/pdfs/logan-warrrant.pdf

My post in the event this thread gets a cleanup and the post # no longer applies: Found Deceased - IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #157
It can be easily argued that he was merely outside in his own backyard 'having a smoke' for example, which is in the proximity of the crime scene. They had years to investigate RL and yet never had enough for any charges. However, it is possible he did something 'after the fact'.

Finally caught up, and whilst reading articles I'm always caught on the same quote.

"We have good reason to believe that Allen was not alone. That there could be other actors," McLeland said in court.

Source - The Sun

I've always thought he was alone on the bridge and got the girls down the hill to where they were found alone (likely at gun or perhaps knife point). IMO I believe other 'actors' came into play either both before and after, or just after the murders. As I've said before I think the 'odd' things at the scene, staging/posing and multiple 'signatures', etc. Were because other(s) came to the scene for their own 'enjoyment' and perhaps took their own souvenirs.

Edited to add: Interesting to see RA's family were in court today, I wondered if they'd show. I know any good defence attorney would've ensured they were there.
I am wondering if the "other actors" could be involved before or after. If that was the case, I am surprised he is not charged with CSAM assuming that is how they caught him or they found it in his house.

I would be very, very, very surprised if there were multiple actual killers at the scene and it took this long to break. People are just not trustworthy. More than one person almost always results in SOMEONE blabbing SOMETHING.

[…] I think they found something in the search of RA's house that ties him to the crime scene. He's been charged based mostly on that evidence plus his prior admission of being on the bridge that day.
If you’re right, can you imagine how easy it might be to frame someone in those circumstances?! Absolutely chilling IMO.

Could be as simple as: someone who knew RA was on the bridge that day, who had malicious intent *and* original evidence, finds a town weirdo who looks about right and buries something in their yard? Or just throws it over a fence even. Then dials in a “tip”.

All speculation of course but it would be very simple and very convenient.

I am wondering if the "other actors" could be involved before or after. If that was the case, I am surprised he is not charged with CSAM assuming that is how they caught him or they found it in his house.

I would be very, very, very surprised if there were multiple actual killers at the scene and it took this long to break. People are just not trustworthy. More than one person almost always results in SOMEONE blabbing SOMETHING.
BBM. Exactly.

Please clarify what you mean. He may have looked at photos which were of illegal activities?
It doesn’t matter a lot since it’s just conjecture but, I mean, he had access to a photo lab. He could have gone old-school and printed horrific photos. These days we think of it all being on screens, but that has its risks too. Some may still prefer their own album. Maybe he didn’t have a good printer at home or that felt risky too. Just thinking. Pure speculation. Innocent of any of this until proven guilty.

If you’re right, can you imagine how easy it might be to frame someone in those circumstances?! Absolutely chilling IMO.

Could be as simple as: someone who knew RA was on the bridge that day, who had malicious intent *and* original evidence, finds a town weirdo who looks about right and buries something in their yard? Or just throws it over a fence even. Then dials in a “tip”.

All speculation of course but it would be very simple and very convenient.

I have trouble with the "framed by a tip" scenario. I guess we won't know until we know, but I hope to God that it takes more than a random item and an anonymous tip to have your whole life upended in this way. Either no bail, $20 million bail, or oh well, maybe we'll have a hearing on bail next year. I hope to God that whatever's in that PC/AA is multi-faceted and strong evidence, preferably bidirectional physical evidence, i.e., something of his found at the crime scene and something from the crime scene found at his home. There's so, so much we don't know right now. It's a very unsettling case to begin with, and all the woo-woo mystery surrounding it only makes it worse.

Reconcile for me why the lead investigator would want the probable caused unsealed, but the prosecutor would not? Maybe there's disagreement in the ranks about the whole idea of others involved. Maybe DC believes it's just him, but someone up the chain can't let go of one or more of the suspects du jour from the past few years, and is looking for connections where maybe there isn't any. (shrug)

It really seems like every new development just leads to more questions. This whole case feels like a psy-op.

I have trouble with the "framed by a tip" scenario. I guess we won't know until we know, but I hope to God that it takes more than a random item and an anonymous tip to have your whole life upended in this way. Either no bail, $20 million bail, or oh well, maybe we'll have a hearing on bail next year. I hope to God that whatever's in that PC/AA is multi-faceted and strong evidence, preferably bidirectional physical evidence, i.e., something of his found at the crime scene and something from the crime scene found at his home. There's so, so much we don't know right now. It's a very unsettling case to begin with, and all the woo-woo mystery surrounding it only makes it worse.

Reconcile for me why the lead investigator would want the probable caused unsealed, but the prosecutor would not? Maybe there's disagreement in the ranks about the whole idea of others involved. Maybe DC believes it's just him, but someone up the chain can't let go of one or more of the suspects du jour from the past few years, and is looking for connections where maybe there isn't any. (shrug)

It really seems like every new development just leads to more questions. This whole case feels like a psy-op.
Agree it’s a psy-op alright.

Entertaining your question… What information might a DA have that a State Superintendent might not? I’ll try to read up see if I can see anything obvious but I doubt DC doesn’t have all the same information NM does. Etc. Especially as DC would surely have been the point guy on the investigation and any major multi-agency stuff. But who knows.

To me keeping the affidavit sealed because there might be someone else involved is reasonable. However I think (and yes I have been thinking for a while this was not a one man's job, the arrest PC only made my conclusions stronger) if there was someone else they would have covered their tracks the day RA was arrested. Sealing the affidavit must be so the other parties wont get their stories straight, but any physical evidence, IMO, is surely long gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!