Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #158

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And this is exactly why I never buy into "let LE do its job it just takes a while we don't know everything."

They've had this guy at the scene when the girls were killed in the same clothes for almost SIX YEARS and didn't put 2 and 2 together until last month?? Are you kidding me?? If they had gotten the search warrant back then they could have gotten his clothes and shoes and tested them for blood or DNA! So much potential evidence lost because of complete incompetence.

They didn't want this released because they know they look terrible. There is nothing here that would harm the investigation and there are no other suspects listed. They just look like total idiots and are embarrassed.

How does an unspent round have extraction marks on it? Guess I don't understand what 'unspent' means.
"Investigators believe Richard Allen was not seen on the trail after 2:13p.m. because he was in the
woods with Victim and Victim 2. An unspent .40 caliber round between the bodies of Victim 1 and
Victim 2, was forensically determined to have been cycled through Richard Allen's Sig Sauer Model P226."

It's nearly 2023. The fact we are almost 6 years on is beyond the pale. I feel sick for these families who have suffered through this. Cue Benny Hill theme.
My husband suggested that it was in the gun and perhaps the gun jammed. In clearing it, the cartridge would be unspent but marked.

There could be. It also could be a completely different guy than BG/RMA. Just some dude enjoying a walk. For me, just because it sounds like there could be 2 different guys from descriptions and sketches could very well mean there were 2 different guys! One the murderer, and the other just some guy in the area at the time things went down.
But only one would have the magic bullet. MOO

And this is exactly why I never buy into "let LE do its job it just takes a while we don't know everything."

They've had this guy at the scene when the girls were killed in the same clothes for almost SIX YEARS and didn't put 2 and 2 together until last month?? Are you kidding me?? If they had gotten the search warrant back then they could have gotten his clothes and shoes and tested them for blood or DNA! So much potential evidence lost because of complete incompetence.

They didn't want this released because they know they look terrible. There is nothing here that would harm the investigation and there are no other suspects listed. They just look like total idiots and are embarrassed.
Yessssssssssss

I asked this in the last thread but never got an answer so reposting here as I'd really like one if one of you have the answer. :)

I was wondering how they come up with numbering victims. Maybe the one closest to where they are is #1? Can anyone explain this, please? TIA!!
In assume in alphabetical order AW then LG (first name alphabetical)?

Yeah the link inside this article doesn’t work for me :confused:
Are you saying you can't see this window within a window about a quarter of the way down the page? Just making sure you're looking in the same spot I am. :) Partial SS below:

1669769129638.png

I believe they have their man but I still can’t wrap my head around why. A man married for 30 + years and had his daughter.

Plus the resemblance to Libby also adds a whole other ick to such a horrific crime.

I also don’t understand how LE screwed this up so badly. They had a sketch , video and Audio and the man admitted to be around when the crimes were committed. He literally placed himself there and they did nothing with that information for years.

MOO
I mostly agree with your assessment. I think the one missing piece from the doc and something that would probably address your last, and most important, point is what was LE looking for at the beginning that meant RA didn't tick those specific boxes? There is no mention of any connection between him and the girls. There's no mention of why an otherwise normal man would be deeply focused and seemingly trying to conceal his features from others on the trail that day BEFORE he did anything. He apparently passed other girls the same age range and did nothing to them. He passed individuals who would presumably be easier targets and did nothing to them. I agree the technical evidence is compelling, but I wonder if what's been redacted is the possible motive and explanation of the seemingly targeted nature of an attack on two girls in a fairly public environment.

If someone knows how these legal documents are drafted and the protocols, I'd love to hear whether connections between victims and suspects are ever detailed or even hypothesized in them. And whether you think this might have been redacted because it would suggest another parties were involved.

Sorry if this has been mentioned I’m struggling to catch up. Wondering why in the probable cause affidavit it made mention of the jacket a few times and no mention of it being tested or it containing any dna evidence.

Does the absence of this mean they didn’t find anything? Or if they did are they likely to keep this private and not contain it in the affidavit?
After six years who knows how many times it has been washed. If he was smart he may even have gotten rid of it and replaced it with a copy so his wife would not notice.
With the probable cause they don't want to reveal their entire hand, so may well be the jacket does have DNA or something, but they are just keeping that card close to their chests for the time being.

BBM - so did one of the girls fight back? Is there DNA under fingernails? If so, that would seal a conviction
JMO
no. Per the RL search warrant, item 7. said there was "no visible signs of a struggle or fight." I can't link the actual RL search warrant because the file is too large. So here is a screen shot:

1669769558532.png

Last edited:
Interesting that the information was released. As it should have been, there doesn't seem to be anything unusual in this document that merited the drama of the secrecy.

So, if RA hadn't been such an idiot and tossed the gun, jacket, he would be off the hook?

Did Allen admit to being parked at the CPS building in 2017, or only recently in 2022?

In 2019, in the “new direction” PC, they asked again for information on the driver of the vehicle parked there. If he was parked there, why wouldn’t he have come forward then? If he admitted being parked there, why did they ask the public for help?

Well that probable cause was disappointing. I kept waiting for the "smoking gun" but don't see it. I really hope they have more evidence because I'm not sure how they can make this stick, without reasonable doubt.
I think its a pretty decent case. We have to assume there will be more they are holding onto for now.
But Allen places himself at the trail within the hours of the crime. People see a car similar to his parked oddly near the CPS building. Someone see's a person walking back to that car who is muddy and bloody.
They have matched an unspent casing that was feet away from the girls body to a gun he owns. He in on record saying he never leant anyone the gun. And he is unable to give any explanation as to why that casing was found next to the girls.
Sure there is room to cast some doubt. But its also a sticky postion to explain away given what he has already said.

So they arrest KK for child exploitation in Indiana this summer after tracing him to a fake profile of a young male that communicated with the Delphi victims the day before the murders, then shortly afterwards drop some charges against him, and within a week or two RA is arrested for the murders. Has anyone considered KK and RA are connected in an exploitation ring, and were complicit in luring the girls to the bridge in 2017? Seems improbable that RA just happened to be on the bridge that day. They didn’t miss him for 5 years. They probably built a case against the ring and RA was given up by his accomplice.

There could be. It also could be a completely different guy than BG/RMA. Just some dude enjoying a walk. For me, just because it sounds like there could be 2 different guys from descriptions and sketches could very well mean there were 2 different guys! One the murderer, and the other just some guy in the area at the time things went down.

The witness who was in a car and got out and went on a walk saw RA ( on the bridge) and then she turned around and passed the two girls. She didn’t see anybody else in the vicinity on her walk. So there is no suggestion that there was another man in black.

**** advised-she finished her walk and saw no other adults other than the male on the bridge*****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member