Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #159

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of how Richard Allen tried to "stage" the murder, if drugs were involved, the autopsy would show that. And if they were prescription drugs, they would definitely check into the pharmacies in town. Also, pharmacies have very tight controls on prescriptions, especially controlled substance prescriptions like those that would incapacitate people. Frequent inventories and they would immediately notice missing medication, watch security tape and catch whoever took it.

As far as how he would control both girls? Grab one by the wrists, gun to head. Do what I say and I won't kill your friend. I gotta think Libby tried to run though, wasn't her shoe found some ways from the clothes in the creek and the scene? Maybe she ran right out of her shoe, tripped and it was all over with.
I can't imagine there would be time enough for the consumption of or the effect of any drug to happen.

Though it would be a good piece of linking evidence if it did happen.

My thought has been that he would not have taken the phone due to the thought of being tracked by it ( tracking apps, cell tower pings, etc.) as well as if it was ringing during his get away, giving away his location. I do believe if he had known the evidence that was on the phone, he would have tried to get rid of it or destroy it somehow.
Good point. Just like he can't get trapped in the park (imo) with muddy and bloody clothing, he can't allow himself to be trapped by L's phone. If he was in the park due to communicating earlier with L by phone; he already knew she had a phone anyway whether he heard it or not. If so, he just didn't know how skilled and brave L was when it came to being 'creative' with her phone. Jmo.

Good point. Just like he can't get trapped in the park (imo) with muddy and bloody clothing, he can't allow himself to be trapped by L's phone. If he was in the park due to communicating earlier with L by phone; he already knew she had a phone anyway whether he heard it or not. If so, he just didn't know how skilled and brave L was when it came to being 'creative' with her phone. Jmo.
IMO, he needed to change his pants after that video was released.

….
However I'm not inclined to believe he had anyone else pick him up or otherwise be some sort of accomplice.

IKR, unless it is a brother or something (don’t think RA has a brother IIRC) it just seems too … personal ? … not the kinda thing you bring your buddy along for or some random guy you met online IMO

Tho LE has said clearly they think others are involved … I figure in tertiary roles if anything moo

JMO

I'm curious that RA said he sat on a bench on the trail and then left. Are there any benches near the North end of the bridge? Did he think someone saw him sitting on a bench?
JMO.

I don’t see mention of RA saying he sat on a bench in the PC Affadavit (link to support screen shot).

The only mention of a bench that I see in the PC Affadavit is that one of the three juveniles took a time-stamped photo of a trail bench, then saw RA shortly thereafter. Perhaps that’s what you remember?

If RA did indeed report sitting on a bench, I would speculate it was to provide himself with an innocuous activity to explain being in that area from 1330-1530 (in particular, between 1500-1530). That’s a lot of time to spend walking / hiking a fairly contained area.

JMO.

Attachments

• 51C296ED-C8B0-4B84-B45E-EFAC3FDEDAB1.jpeg
    51C296ED-C8B0-4B84-B45E-EFAC3FDEDAB1.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 11
Making a note to go back to the scanner thread re: something related to this, which iirc also goes along with the overhead helicopter iirc video of the searchers in a line in the bright outfits, maybe orange/red iirc.
I found nothing in the scanner thread between the dates 2/8/13 - 2/17/13. Hmmmmm....

JMO.

I don’t see mention of RA saying he sat on a bench in the PC Affadavit (link to support screen shot).

The only mention of a bench that I see in the PC Affadavit is that one of the three juveniles took a time-stamped photo of a trail bench, then saw RA shortly thereafter. Perhaps that’s what you remember?

If RA did indeed report sitting on a bench, I would speculate it was to provide himself with an innocuous activity to explain being in that area from 1330-1530 (in particular, between 1500-1530). That’s a lot of time to spend walking / hiking a fairly contained area.

JMO.
Snippet 2 Allen.jpg

JMO.
Thanks, @WildHuncher! I swear I re-read it and STILL missed it.

My speculation is the same: he knew his original 2017 Narrative left him with too much time overlap with BG and the timing of the crime and this was his attempt to fill that time and distance himself from the Monon High Bridge and the murder scene.

JMO.

JMO.

JMO.
It was in his Oct. 2022 interview:

Screenshot 2022-12-06 11.53.04 AM.png

Your dates above suggest the year 2013? You'd be more interested in 2/8/17 to 2/13/17 right?
And that, folks, is what happens when you post before having your morning jolt of caffeine. Off to get that now before I have any more nonsense posts.

And thank you for your polite response to get me back on track. ;) *chuckle*

I confess, I'm a bit lost.

When did the folks at MS say knew about the bullet? Is there a link for that somewhere?
My understanding of MS (having listened) on the bullet is they found out about it immediately after the arrest. So not years. They held the info at request of LE.

Reference - It think they said this in 2 episodes the episode the evening of the day the PCA was unsealed then again on the CO-episode between "The Prosecutors" and 'Murder sheet" to discuss the PCA unsealing (posted to the prosecutors feed on last Friday and the MS feed on this Monday). I can't guarantee the mentioned i both places, but i think they did, i can promise they did in at least one.

*PS the co-episode was posted to "The prosecutors" secondary feed "The prosecutors - Legal Briefs" not the main "The prosecutors" feed.

JMO.
Thanks, @WildHuncher! I swear I re-read it and STILL missed it.

My speculation is the same: he knew his original 2017 Narrative left him with too much time overlap with BG and the timing of the crime and this was his attempt to fill that time and distance himself from the Monon High Bridge and the murder scene.

JMO.
The PCA says in a couple of places that there were people in the park throughout the time period who should have seen him fish-watching and bench-sitting--but they didn't. Nor did anyone see him leave--unless you count Muddy Bloody Guy.

Last edited:
By the way, as a fisherman myself who has spent time on bridges watching fish.. there is NO WAY he can see any fish from that height from on to. Not unless he had binoculars or Superman vision. Can't be done. His description of why he was on the bridge should have been suspected at the get go.

Most of the time you have trouble seeing them from 15 or 20 feet up. Been there... tried higher.. Doesn't work.

I took it as clothing from both girls were in the creek, but an item from only one of the girls was taken. Again, I know this could be a random, wrong place wrong time, type of crime, but that little detail (among other things) adds to my belief that it was targeted to those specific girls, in that specific time and place. JMO.
Back when that leak was new, I spent a lot of time comparing character widths and stuff like that to decide that the redacted word was "undergarments." Posted about it at the time. That interpretation means that the writer was characterizing items in the creek as "missing from the crime scene" even though such usage would be inaccurate. Now we also know that reading it that way creates a conflict between the two affidavits.

Hmpf! I had been pretty sure. Now I don't know.

I'm curious that RA said he sat on a bench on the trail and then left. Are there any benches near the North end of the bridge? Did he think someone saw him sitting on a bench?
MOO, I don’t have any idea what he thought but I know for me, if I was in his position, I would be paranoid. And I’d want to cover my a s s. And by this I mean I’d end up telling on myself, as he did (aka inserting himself into the crime scene).

ymmv

The more that this cases progresses, the more that I think that he was not communicating with L.
Now that doesn’t mean that he wasn’t speaking with someone who was communicating directly with L, and receiving information from that other person.

mOO

From the Allen PCA:

View attachment 385383

From the Logan warrant application:

View attachment 385384
Clothing of both or just one in the creek?
I'd have to say both, based on the usage of the words "their clothing". If one of them was still dressed, I don't think it would have been written this way. It would have more accurately said

"the ***redacted*** of Victim 1 was missing from the scene while the rest of her clothing was recovered"

I'm sure it's already been discussed at length, but based on the sentence structure (clothing being the subject) and the length of the word or words redacted, it seems the word is likely undergarments, underwear or under pants. And, while it just enrages me to think about it, I hope the monster kept them all this time, and LE found them during the search of his house. Slam flippin' dunk. (I'm going to hope this is the case).

jmo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members