Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #161

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You make an excellent point. He had to have seen the news when the photo from Libby’s phone was released, and the request by LE to talk to the man on the bridge. Even if he spoke to the CO right after the murders, why he didn’t come forward again to say ”hey, that was me on the bridge, how can I help?“ An innocent man would have.

Why did he not?
Is his defense going to say it’s not him in the BG pic?

This is what fascinates me.

This was a highly discussed case. How did he behave during those years? Why did he never come forward again?

It's never been confirmed what date RA spoke with the CO, right? Before or after the girls were found?

It all would make a lot more sense to me if he talked to the CO while the girls were just missing. Maybe he never considered there would be the vast search, or that the bodies would be found so quickly. He knew he'd been seen on the trail before he even committed the murders, yet he went through with it. Maybe he thought he'd hidden them well enough. If he spoke with the CO before the bodies were found, before the bridge guy picture came out, etc., maybe he simply thought he could tell them he was near the bridge but didn't see the girls, thinking that would discourage LE from searching the bridge area. IDK... I'm completely perplexed.

You make an excellent point. He had to have seen the news when the photo from Libby’s phone was released, and the request by LE to talk to the man on the bridge. Even if he spoke to the CO right after the murders, why he didn’t come forward again to say ”hey, that was me on the bridge, how can I help?“ An innocent man would have.

Why did he not?
Is his defense going to say it’s not him in the BG pic?
Excellent point.

Only logical defense argument is to deny he’s person on the bridge. There is no way to prove that he is person on the bridge … imo.

Redress him in the clothes (and I believe those clothes are still around) from that day and put RA on the bridge and take a photograph? No. The would be the worst thing for the prosecution to do. He’s lost a lot of weight and besides that remember OJ trying on the gloves fiasco? MOO

justice for Abby & Libby!

I understand what you mean about probability. But what is so shocking is that this case was not solved within the first week. RA gave his information to a conservation officer and police were obviously interested in anyone who was out on the Monon High Bridge trail on that day around the time the girls went missing and were murdered. Yet by giving them his name he basically gave them every reason to look up his gun registration.

He does not seem like the killer, but maybe the main evidence has yet to be released.

The only thing I can think of is that when the unspent round fell out of his gun, he did not know it fell out of his gun. Is that possible? Could the unspent round fall out of the gun without the suspect knowing it fell out?

In terms of probability, we could go one step further: How many people that admitted they were on the Monon High Bridge trail during that time on that day owned a gun? What is the answer?
A round can’t just fall out of a gun. We’ve heard rumors that he racked the slide on the bridge on the unheard audio by Abby’s mom. If he did that and normally Carrie’s a round chambered, then it very well could have ejected a round that fell into the folds of his pants where they looked around his feet. Then when he was murdering it came dislodged and landed between the girls.

Or he could have racked the slide again to intimidate them where he killed them. He may have even realized he lost a round and just couldn’t locate it. They’re tiny in a large wooded, grassy area.

It's never been confirmed what date RA spoke with the CO, right? Before or after the girls were found?

It all would make a lot more sense to me if he talked to the CO while the girls were just missing. Maybe he never considered there would be the vast search, or that the bodies would be found so quickly. He knew he'd been seen on the trail before he even committed the murders, yet he went through with it. Maybe he thought he'd hidden them well enough. If he spoke with the CO before the bodies were found, before the bridge guy picture came out, etc., maybe he simply thought he could tell them he was near the bridge but didn't see the girls, thinking that would discourage LE from searching the bridge area. IDK... I'm completely perplexed.

To my knowledge it has never been confirmed exactly when he spoke to the CO. I agree that it makes more "sense" if it was before the girls were found, but I can't reconcile that with the fact that the CO apparently wrote down identifying info about RA's cell phone during their discussion. Again - IF ACCURATE - but that sounds like they were going to be checking cellphones of people who admitted to being in the area with their cell data dump. No need to do that while the girls are still missing, IMO

I understand what you mean about probability. But what is so shocking is that this case was not solved within the first week. RA gave his information to a conservation officer and police were obviously interested in anyone who was out on the Monon High Bridge trail on that day around the time the girls went missing and were murdered. Yet by giving them his name he basically gave them every reason to look up his gun registration.

He does not seem like the killer, but maybe the main evidence has yet to be released.

The only thing I can think of is that when the unspent round fell out of his gun, he did not know it fell out of his gun. Is that possible? Could the unspent round fall out of the gun without the suspect knowing it fell out?

In terms of probability, we could go one step further: How many people that admitted they were on the Monon High Bridge trail during that time on that day owned a gun? What is the answer?

I could be wrong and if I am, wiser individuals will correct me, but I don't think Indiana has or had laws requiring the registration of handguns. So there wouldn't be a gun registration to check.

It does seem to defy logic that investigators wouldn't have somehow have realized that RA is the person they should have been honing in on, but sometimes I do go back to this article that came out around the time of the 2019 press conference with this quote from Sgt. Kim Riley:

"Somebody may have already interviewed him," said Riley. "I'm not going to say they have or have not, but there's a possibility that has happened. The person apparently gave the investigating officers the information they were looking for. We have to try to go back and check on the information that we have received."

It just makes me wonder if the "answer" to why this took so long is somewhere within the bolded statement.

source: ISP on Delphi killer: 'Somebody may have already interviewed him'

I could be wrong and if I am, wiser individuals will correct me, but I don't think Indiana has or had laws requiring the registration of handguns. So there wouldn't be a gun registration to check.

It does seem to defy logic that investigators wouldn't have somehow have realized that RA is the person they should have been honing in on, but sometimes I do go back to this article that came out around the time of the 2019 press conference with this quote from Sgt. Kim Riley:

"Somebody may have already interviewed him," said Riley. "I'm not going to say they have or have not, but there's a possibility that has happened. The person apparently gave the investigating officers the information they were looking for. We have to try to go back and check on the information that we have received."

It just makes me wonder if the "answer" to why this took so long is somewhere within the bolded statement.

A lot of people have questioned why the CO never followed up on his report. But maybe he did? Maybe he asked “whatever happened to that guy I talked to that said he was on the bridge” and they couldn’t find his report. Maybe that’s what that statement you linked is about.

To my knowledge it has never been confirmed exactly when he spoke to the CO. I agree that it makes more "sense" if it was before the girls were found, but I can't reconcile that with the fact that the CO apparently wrote down identifying info about RA's cell phone during their discussion. Again - IF ACCURATE - but that sounds like they were going to be checking cellphones of people who admitted to being in the area with their cell data dump. No need to do that while the girls are still missing, IMO
I do agree about this with the phone. Although unlikely, I kind of wondered if during the search, especially into the next day, they might have taken phone information even to try to pinpoint time and location the girls were and were not last seen to help narrow a search area? Doubtful...

This is what fascinates me.

This was a highly discussed case. How did he behave during those years? Why did he never come forward again?

Did RA tell his wife he was present at the very place, date, and time that the crime occurred?

Did he tell his family, acquaintances, or fellow citizens any of the hundreds of times the topic must have come up?

Going through the PCA again, I'm puzzled over this. Is the redacted individual a third person? What vehicle is seen leaving at 2:28?

Top of pg 4
2:10: Tipster on SR 25 saw purple PT Cruiser or small SUV-type at CPS, drew diagram
2:14: Dog lady saw vehicle at CPS, did not describe, drew diagram
(Redacted) remembered seeing a smaller dark colored car (possibly 'smart' car) at CPS
(Redacted) vehicle seen leaving on HH video at 2:28 pm.

I think that is a very interesting statement from Riley considering that it was made in 2019. He suggests going back and checking on information received earlier, but they obviously didn’t, unless they missed it because it was “misfiled”…I don’t really buy that personally.
Just imagine if LE had followed up on RA’s report three weeks later instead of 5+ years later, with memories and possible evidence fresh. That the PCA was written the first week in March 2017, there was no sketch(much less two sketches), no dramatic 2019 press conference, no Klines, no Nations, no Chadwells, no rumors and speculation, no wild YouTube videos, no podcasts. I don’t think there would’ve been much doubting then that LE had the right guy.

I think that is a very interesting statement from Riley considering that it was made in 2019. He suggests going back and checking on information received earlier, but they obviously didn’t, unless they missed it because it was “misfiled”…I don’t really buy that personally.
Just imagine if LE had followed up on RA’s report three weeks later instead of 5+ years later, with memories and possible evidence fresh. That the PCA was written the first week in March 2017, there was no sketch(much less two sketches), no dramatic 2019 press conference, no Klines, no Nations, no Chadwells, no rumors and speculation, no wild YouTube videos, no podcasts. I don’t think there would’ve been much doubting then that LE had the right guy.
So true, although I think either way we were going to have a_shots investigated due to the communications with L. JMO.

Last edited:
That’s basically what happened with the Idaho murders there isn’t much doubt Brian Kohberger is the right guy as the evidence against him is much strong imo.

So true, although I think either way we were going to have a_shots investigated due to the communications with L. JMO.
I still hope for a plea. Abby and Libby were so very young and vulnerable to a_shots preying, don't want the picture painted in court.
And yes, Starry night,
the difference between 3 weeks and five years for a case to court has taken a further toll on family, community and justice, 'unnecessarily'.

I think RA talked to the police mostly because he knew he had been seen on the trail.
What he didn’t know, however, was whether anyone who had seen him could identify him as Rick, who works at CVS. By going to LE himself, he seems less suspicious…what guilty person would put themselves at the crime scene(which is our question too, but he did).
Initially, in 2017, RA only talked about the three teens on the trail. It wasn’t until 2022 that he mentioned being on the bridge, probably after LE told him someone had seen someone dressed like him on the first platform. That scenario and admission by RA by itself makes RA a prime suspect and a darn good one.When that witness turns back up the trail, Abby and Libby are only minutes from RA, by his own admission, but he did not make that admission until he was confronted with the fact that he had been seen.
I think it’s interesting that when LE first put out the picture of BG they only wanted to talk to the guy on the bridge. He wasn’t called a suspect, just maybe he saw something. RA, who admitted almost six years after the crime to being on the bridge and dressed like that, never…in those six years, called LE to tell them that.
We are debating a lot about the worth of the evidence put forth in the PCA. To me, as a whole it’s pretty compelling.
I am positive though that LE has a lot more that we are unaware of yet.
That's an excellent observation and dissection of his "statements".
There are so many questions and suspicions of the smallest things about him and what he did/said. And more importantly, as LE likes to say/notice, what he didn't do or say.

While there could be some kind of "blame" placed upon the CO or other LE we simply won't know until trial. We have no idea whether they may have been on to him the entire time or not. At least that I or anyone else here seems to know.

A round can’t just fall out of a gun. We’ve heard rumors that he racked the slide on the bridge on the unheard audio by Abby’s mom. If he did that and normally Carrie’s a round chambered, then it very well could have ejected a round that fell into the folds of his pants where they looked around his feet. Then when he was murdering it came dislodged and landed between the girls.

Or he could have racked the slide again to intimidate them where he killed them. He may have even realized he lost a round and just couldn’t locate it. They’re tiny in a large wooded, grassy area.
Agreed that a round doesn't just fall out of a pistol without an unusual malfunction. As an alternate scenario to racking the slide to intimidate, he could have gone to the scene with a loaded pistol, with a round in the chamber, ready to shoot. After committing the murders, he could have unloaded the pistol. The first step in unloading a semi-automatic pistol is to remove the magazine. The second step is to rack the slide to eject any chambered round. When the round was ejected, it could easily have landed on the ground and been hard to locate. Or, as you suggest, he could have racked the slide to intimidate - the noise is obvious.

You aren't wrong... Not only is there no gun registration in Indiana, but very few US states have gun registration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha