Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #161

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I agree that the girls likely didn't plan to meet anyone at the bridge. In a way, it did feel unplanned, and I think it was. In my view, RA was looking for an opportunity, like you said, but that opportunity might have come when he found out, possibly online, that they were heading for the bridge alone.
RSBM.

This point 1000%. The girls may not have planned to meet anyone that day, but that doesn’t mean that no one planned to cross paths with the girls. I think that’s exactly what happened.

The timing of the Wabash River search & investigation/arrest of RA feels too unlikely to be a coincidence.

MOO

They went back, was the report a paper report put on a counter somewhere?

So they was going back though things and his name popped up as it had been missed.

This is not KAK supplying RA’s name to LE because they are connected.

Imo

Last edited:
RSBM.

This point 1000%. The girls may not have planned to meet anyone that day, but that doesn’t mean that no one planned to cross paths with the girls. I think that’s exactly what happened.

The timing of the Wabash River search & investigation/arrest of RA feels too unlikely to be a coincidence.

MOO

I think he was at the bridge watching for people from the bridge entry point. He had an almost perfect setup but for the quick thinking of our dear Libby.

I think ANY female (child, teen or adult) coming up to the bridge, he would have made a calculated decision to form the attack or not. He saw them come from behind him, he then left the bridge, walked up to where he could see all the way to the drop off point, then doubled back fast.

He would have also looked off the bridge to see if anyone was on driveway/dirt road on the south side of the creek. Him placing himself there which was corroborated by 4 witnesses... was a critical mistake on his part. That is not circumstantial evidence. No jury is going to believe it wasn't him.

Those poor poor girls saw how fast he was walking across the bridge and knew something was the matter.

I pray this monster never sees the light of day again.

At the moment there is no sign he knew. For anybody knows he had these sick plans for years and was simply biding his time and that afternoon a chance presented itself.
You could be right. I tend to think Klines are involved, but another scenario is that RA saw one of the girls at CVS and decided then to do her harm. I imagine kids still go to drugstores for candy, snacks, make-up, hair care etc , or she could have been there with parents. As simple as Jamie Kloss’s kidnapper seeing her get off a bus and then plan to do what he did. RA likely had names of pharmacy and photo lab customers and could find their social accounts.
But if these girls were targeted by two completely unrelated perps , stick a fork in me because I’m done and not sure I even want to have grandkids in this world.

One way is to select the share symbol in the upper right of the post, and copy and paste the link in the new thread. :)

View attachment 388524

And you're right. I hadn't considered the remaining ~40 seconds in my post. I posted about there perhaps being evidence of being stabbed in the back that might show one trying to run away, and getting 'stopped' by a knife in the back. Your reason makes more sense to me than mine because you'd think they would have tried to make a run for it immediately, not clear over where they ended up at, which clearly wouldn't be on the 43 second audio since it takes longer than that to run that half a mile or so.
Libby's videotaping on the Monan High Bridge began when Bridge Guy was walking towards them and the videotape ended soon after they started "down the hill." The video wasn't recording during the murder. See below the relevant portion of the probable cause affadavit.

1671663197934.png

Attachments

Libby's videotaping on the Monan High Bridge began when Bridge Guy was walking towards them and the videotape ended soon after they started "down the hill." The video wasn't recording during the murder. See below the relevant portion of the probable cause affadavit.

View attachment 389128
Yes, we're in agreement about that. I had said "which clearly wouldn't be on the 43 second audio". :)

I remain agnostic on KAK's involvement. But RL being involved makes almost zero sense to me.

If RA was working with RL in some way like the Daily Mail story claims, why would he park in the exposed location he allegedly did? He could have just parked at RL's and walked through the woods to the bridge. That would have eliminated all (or almost all) of the witness sightings, and would have spared him the incriminating walk back along the highway.

I haven't posted for a while, but I've been following this case very closely and believe that the prosecution will be able to defend the validity of the ballistic tests to a jury. I think RA will have a difficult time explaining how a bullet from his gun was found near the girls. I'd also venture to guess that the bullet is just one of many pieces of incriminating evidence that the prosecution has, including the identity of the other "actors" (suspects).

Last thoughts/questions: The crime scene was described as bloody which strongly suggests that a knife or sharp object was used, right? I also wonder if the girls recognized one or more of the men, leading to their deaths.

I haven't posted for a while, but I've been following this case very closely and believe that the prosecution will be able to defend the validity of the ballistic tests to a jury. I think RA will have a difficult time explaining how a bullet from his gun was found near the girls. I'd also venture to guess that the bullet is just one of many pieces of incriminating evidence that the prosecution has, including the identity of the other "actors" (suspects).

Last thoughts/questions: The crime scene was described as bloody which strongly suggests that a knife or sharp object was used, right? I also wonder if the girls recognized one or more of the men, leading to their deaths.
Welcome back! I think you're right on several counts. I also believe it to be a knife (sharp object). Reason being:

Pg 2 of RL's PCA:
1671684643944.png

My take is that says "by a sharp weapon". If it was by a gun I can't imagine it saying something like "by a projectile weapon" or any such thing. Plus, count the spaces of letters above (including spaces). That's what makes sense to me.

About Abby & Libby recognizing anyone... While they could have, I'm thinking they didn't, but I could be wrong about that. :)

Last edited:
This doesn’t mean it ties in with the murder. He was arrested literally years ago and no charges have been made. Compare that to RA were they connected the dots and he was arrested as soon as they got the evidence needed which was weeks.

At this rate we will be half way though the trial and some will still maintain that KK and RL are involved :D
The only thing is that the allegations against KAK are serious. If they weren't serious then I would hesitate to assume it.

The only thing is that the allegations against KAK are serious. If they weren't serious then I would hesitate to assume it.

Yes no doubt he is also a monster but we have yet to see him be arrested in connection to this case.

That’s why he has his own separate thread on this forum.

View attachment 389128
When I'm reading this (the attachment), I stumble about the following:
A male subject walks behind her.
A male subject approaches.
A male is seen and heard.

It sounds to me now, as if the MALE SUBJECT and the MALE telling "GDTH" are possibly different people, although DC said, it is the same man, who is seen and heard on Libby's video.

When I'm reading this (the attachment), I stumble about the following:
A male subject walks behind her.
A male subject approaches.
A male is seen and heard.

It sounds to me now, as if the MALE SUBJECT and the MALE telling "GDTH" are possibly different people, although DC said, it is the same man, who is seen and heard on Libby's video.

Same person there is absolutely no hint of a second person or even a 3rd. One man seen and that same man seen bloody and muddy exiting later on.

We know the investigation into A_S opened all kinds of ugly.

We know RA was on the bridge that day, dressed just like BG, exactly when A and L were. Wearing the same clothes BG was filmed wearing.

Two children are dead.

We've got one person providing himself a false alibi for a period of time that is... interesting? suspicious? correlated?

We have KAK who was communicating with under age girls, including L.

We've got RA volunteering that he was on his phone, tracking stocks, says he.

The timing is too ... well-timed... for me to dismiss it.

If not for the video and IMO the girls making it to the far side of the creek, I think a perfect crime may have been the order of the day. Disappeared with nary a trace.

Multiple parties having partial roles... BG the obvious abductor, guilty of murder because it absolutely occurred during the commission of an abduction, times two.

Someone IMO set up the location. Manipulated, perhaps with the aid of Yellow, providing real time tracking, quite possibly with or without the girls' knowledge.

If abduction was only Phase I of a multi-stage crime, IMO then there existed a second location and suitable transportation. A box truck comes to mind. But a car with a trunk or hatch or any truck would do.

Perhaps just such a vehicle was fueled up and ready to go, parked until Phase II launched. Perhaps someone provided a barn to conceal just such a vehicle, until called upon.

Each having a role, each invested In keeping the secret, and maybe murder on RL's property was never part of the plan, and thereby, the reason RL set about attempting to put distance between his person and his property.

And maybe KAK never got to do whatever his active part in this was going to be, because the girls were murdered ahead of Phase II. *shudder*

A number of people using each other, cresting tacit silence because everybody's got fingers in the mud.

JMO

Good summary!

The most damning thing though is RA admitting that he was on the trails and bridge that day at those hours. Corroborated by 5 witnesses (3 juveniles, 1 adult at the bridge and 1 adult seeing him muddy and bloody on Rte 300).

Yes, agree with your post. BBM, this is what LE I believe is trying to find a link to. An online connection to how RA knew Libby would be on the trails that day. Who is the source responsible? How did RA know to go to the trails that day, who or what site clued him in? The timing seemed too perfect. MOO

In my opinion I think it was random that Abby and Libby happened to be there when he chose to attack. I don't think he had prior knowledge of their plans. I think he's made that killing walk multiple times before he found someone isolated and in his trap.

That day, he passed up the 3 juveniles that saw him near freedom bridge. Then when 2 younger girls were isolated on the bridge, he probably decided to take on 2 people.

I wonder.....

When investigators confronted RA with witness testimony, placing him on the path to see A and L, just as the lady witness did, IMO he knew he'd cornered himself. Maybe that's why he volunteered his phone use. So glued to the stock market he must not have noticed the girls. As if.

He really made a mess of his fail-ibi.

He should've admitted to seeing the girls. Should have admitted to passing them as he exited the park, the way he entered it (we know he didn't leave that way, but he claimed he did).

So.... he has no explanation for 2:17 until the 3:30 time he claims he left. He placed himself on the bridge that whole time.

So problematic for him.

Based on his own answers, he was perfectly positioned as a witness to what happened on the bridge....

And he says they weren't there.

But Libby's video proves they were.

So which was it, RA, were you on the bridge and saw the girls and therefore know what happened to them or were you on the bridge and deny they were? Incriminating no matter how he plays it.

Checkmate.

Win goes to LE. Well-played, Investigators.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member