IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #165

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to admit this, but in my mind, their version of what happened seems more detailed and compelling than what was established in the PCA for RA.

It still certainly doesn't explain why he would have confessed multiple times. But no DNA or electronic connections to the victims...and only an ejected bullet possibly linking RA to the crime scene...again, I really hate to admit it. But I went from as late as early this morning thinking there was no way this was going to trial and that RA would plead guilty to now having doubt.

Whatever the truth is, I think the investigators failed these two girls.
I understand where you are coming from and there is no doubt LE made mistakes early in this investigation but I don’t know, there has been so much work and pressure and commitment to get it right in the end that I can’t believe that they’d go forward with RA if they weren’t pretty much certain and had their case air tight.

Is there any confirmation that the document is LEGIT?
Murder Sheet has a podcast up about the document. I believe it's legit.

As outlandish as some of this stuff by the defense sounds, they are only doing their job. However, we’ve only had a glimpse of the prosecutions case but in that glimpse we have RA on the bridge at the time (admitted by himself). We have a bullet from RA’s gun found between the girls’ body (a gun RA said he never lost or lent to anyone). We have a man matching RA’s general description on video. We have eyewitnesses who place a man matching RA’s description at/leaving the area. There will be more to come, this case was never going to be straight forward given the nature of it imo.

As outlandish as some of this stuff by the defense sounds, they are only doing their job. However, we’ve only had a glimpse of the prosecutions case but in that glimpse we have RA on the bridge at the time (admitted by himself). We have a bullet from RA’s gun found between the girls’ body (a gun RA said he never lost or lent to anyone). We have a man matching RA’s general description on video. We have eyewitnesses who place a man matching RA’s description at/leaving the area. There will be more to come, this case was never going to be straight forward given the nature of it imo.
The memorandum brought up some questions regarding "muddy and bloody" and the one who claimed she saw him on the bridge. Also the hours claimed that he spent there. Also what likely went wrong with the RA interview with the conservation officer.

The link to the memorandum is in this article

Thank you for the "chin up". I very much needed it.
This is a really, really tough case. The way those children were slaughtered (allegedly), can only compare in magnitude to the LaBianca / Tate murders. Truly depraved and evil beyond most people's ability to comprehend. Let society now serve up legal justice, and give these families a small measure of closure.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I hate to admit this, but in my mind, their version of what happened seems more detailed and compelling than what was established in the PCA for RA.

It still certainly doesn't explain why he would have confessed multiple times. But no DNA or electronic connections to the victims...and only an ejected bullet possibly linking RA to the crime scene...again, I really hate to admit it. But I went from as late as early this morning thinking there was no way this was going to trial and that RA would plead guilty to now having doubt.

Whatever the truth is, I think the investigators failed these two girls.
I don't think the PCA for RA was supposed to go into details about the crime scene though. They were just establishing probably cause and they did that without sharing all these details the defense has now made public. They can share all this and try to make some other story fit, but that doesn't mean that a version where their client is the killer doesn't exist also. Just because the PCA didn't explain exactly how he committed the crime, doesn't mean he didn't do it. The defense can make up whatever version they want, but it doesn't make it true.

I have read the whole document and it does read strange, but some startling revelations of all accurate. I am curious as to the explanation for some of the points mentioned. <modsnip: sleuthing someone not named by LE as a suspect>

Last edited by a moderator:
If you missed reading this memorandum before it was taken down and really want to read it, it is included in this article…I’ll pass…

I don’t see the link anywhere in that article. Does anyone have a direct link to the memorandum?

RI described at least three "signatures." I'm not sure any of what I'm reading in this motion, in regards to the crime scene, really fits as a "signature," the way I interpret the word, anyway. There were WAY more than three standout things discussed, too, but these were what the D were claiming to be ritualistic or sacrificial behaviors.

It certainly fits RI's descriptors: odd, bizarre, strange, lots of physical evidence but not what we'd think, etc. But I wonder what he considered the "signatures"?

If RA is the lone perpetrator, what the hell did he do all of that for?

*this is assuming the new court document is legit

Sidenote: Okay, I must admit that PE comes back to mind for me. He was into witchcraft stuff...I mean, I know...but I can't help it.

RI described at least three "signatures." I'm not sure any of what I'm reading in this motion, in regards to the crime scene, really fits as a "signature," the way I interpret the word, anyway. There were WAY more than three standout things discussed, too, but these were what the D were claiming to be ritualistic or sacrificial behaviors.

It certainly fits RI's descriptors: odd, bizarre, strange, lots of physical evidence but not what we'd think, etc. But I wonder what he considered the "signatures"?

If RA is the lone perpetrator, what the hell did he do all of that for?

*this is assuming the new court document is legit

Sidenote: Okay, I must admit that PE comes back to mind for me. He was into witchcraft stuff...I mean, I know...but I can't help it.
I thought the 2 bra thing was weird and dressing one in the other's clothing.

It's been a long day, so... didn't defense refer to Libby's pants as being jeans?

I thought the 2 bra thing was weird and dressing one in the other's clothing.

It's been a long day, so... didn't defense refer to Libby's pants as being jeans?
Yeah, that part struck me, too. And yes, they did say jeans, I think. Also, the PCA said L's phone was under L, while this says it was under A.

Still haven't identified the missing piece of clothing, either.

Why not? I don't think she was dating in the way adults date (looking for a mate), but she could have been "dating" (seeing a boy steadily) at her age. Heck, I "dated" a guy when I was in kindergarten, for that matter. We'd make plans to see each other, and he'd come over to the house, and we'd dance on the porch. That's a form of "dating", but just not like you'd consider the term when it comes to adults. But we set dates to meet and did stuff together.

All MOO.

ETA - It seems like she wanted to date A_S if you believe the KK interview. So while 14 is too young to really (romantically) date IMO, I think she was leaning that way.

She was dating the son of one of the four guys named. <modsnip: sleuthing someone not named by LE as a suspect/POI>

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, stay tuned. The Prosecution wouldn't proceed unless they were convinced they could get a conviction; this is too high profile for them to misstep. As to your doubt, well you are playing in to the hands of a skillful Defender who is planting "reasonable doubt".

Don't fall for it. Keep the faith.

Amateur opinion and speculation
As I am reading the document, I just keep thinking this is so ridiculous.. it is so over the top the way it's worded, it isn't believable. IF the defense had solid evidence that LE planted evidence, ignored solid suspects (as in those that didn't have a solid alibi somewhere else that day) and it was all hidden to frame a man they didn't even know existed until just before he was arrested?? WHY and why write this elaborately detailed story like this? It was nearly 100 steps written out that this single man would have had to do. It was like they were exaggerating to make it sound so drawn out, but it really isn't and wouldn't be as difficult as they made it sound. It just sounds like they are trying make something out of nothing. Solid evidence would speak for itself without the need for 132 pages of colorful over embellishing of all this.

This is a footnote on the document released. IT has to do with the defense keeping this Odinist angle quiet from him until they investigated it througoughly. Does this sound like something a lawyer would say? "Rick would remain in the hell hole"

16 This decision has been painfully and emotionally difficult for Rick’s defense team, as defense counsel recognized that while the Defense took the necessary time to review the discovery to establish the Odinist links both to the murders and to the Westville Correctional Facility, defense counsel was also aware that Rick would remain in his hell hole at Westville subject to the cruelty of Sgt. Jones and Sgt. Robinson and perhaps other Odinite corrections officers. This was especially painful at the June 15, 2023, hearing to transport Rick to Cass County as defense counsel knew at that time of the links between the murders and Odinism and Westville. Unfortunately, defense counsel needed additional time to fully understand and verify the facts before leveling such accusations. This is the reason that the Defense tactically decided to keep its knowledge to itself rather than reveal that knowledge in open court at the hearing. Unified Command and the prosecution’s hiding of exculpatory evidence is even more angering because difficult strategic decisions could have been avoided had McCleland offered the exculpatory documents sooner. Perhaps, then, Rick would have filed for speedy trial or would have been removed from Westville as the Defense would have been able to more fully inform the Court about the facts of the case.

Keep in mind that A- It's Indiana haha (I can say that I live here) B- RA couldn't afford to hire a lawyer so these two are pro-bono I believe and likely a bit in over their heads for such a huge trial C- They went through and shared an insane amount of documentation. They were probably exhausted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleuthchic