IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #173

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SBBM. This seems to be flatly false IMO and this isn't the first time I've noticed The Prosecutors omitting or misrepresenting facts of this case.

10/19 in-chambers transcript
- Rozzi calling for formality
View attachment 465150
- calling for due process
View attachment 465151

10/25 Rozzi Notice of Continuing Representation
- portraying an effort to bring formality and due notice to proceedings
View attachment 465165

10/31 transcript
- Rozzi calling for due process
View attachment 465160
- calling for due process
View attachment 465161
- Hennessey speaking on behalf of B&R explicitly stating the actions they would take in a formal hearing and their willingness to participate in such a hearing.
View attachment 465162

Rozzi's position is clearly that there shouldn't be a hearing in the first place about the leaks as it is an ancillary matter but if the judge or state are seeking DQ or sanctions it should involve due process.

Due process is clearly referring to formality and the right to present evidence of their defense, as would occur at a formal hearing.
"While there is no definitive list of the "required procedures" that due process requires, Judge Henry Friendly generated a list that remains highly influential, as to both content and relative priority:
  1. An unbiased tribunal.
  2. Notice of the proposed action and the grounds asserted for it.
  3. Opportunity to present reasons why the proposed action should not be taken.
  4. The right to present evidence, including the right to call witnesses.
  5. The right to know opposing evidence.
  6. The right to cross-examine adverse witnesses.
  7. A decision based exclusively on the evidence presented.
  8. Opportunity to be represented by counsel.
  9. Requirement that the tribunal prepare a record of the evidence presented.
  10. Requirement that the tribunal prepare written findings of fact and reasons for its decision.
This is not a list of procedures which are required to prove due process, but rather a list of the kinds of procedures that might be claimed in a "due process" argument, roughly in order of their perceived importance."
Yeah but R's due process was to meet with the judge without the prosecution present, that's what he really wanted. And neither AB nor BR wanted to have a hearing that day. They knew why they were there in judge's chambers. R even started the in-chambers discussion saying he was the one that initiated it. They also knew, from the judge herself, that JG was leaning towards disqualification. There was no ambush just facing the music that they themselves composed. AB's lawyer even filed that morning a brief as to why they shouldn't be disqualified...they knew why they were there. Then when he sees he's truly well in the hole he helped dig, R decides to lie to the judge and say ok I'll withdraw, thinking oh I'll just fix this later. That's paraphrasing what he wrote later in his statement.
AJMO

At about 12mins into their latest CourtTV appearance, Aine of MS says "we received some crime scene images as well as other leaked discovery."
(h/t ATS news)

I was not aware that any other evidence had been leaked besides from the crime scene photos. Unless Aine is just calling RF's knowledge of the defense "leaked discovery". If it's true that RF had such detailed info likely from MW (and isn't making stuff up for internet clout) it would be a leak of info but not really leaked discovery, which implies it is the actual evidence that's out, not just info about the evidence. Has this been mentioned before on MS?

I've been wondering because of the MRC guy who is noted in the MW PCA:
"Law enforcement was able to retrieve the evidence from the creators of a podcast who stated that they got the evidence from an individual in Texas. Indiana State Police Sergeant Jerry Holeman was able to identify the individual in Texas as Mark Robert Cohen."
"Through the course of the investigation, law enforcement learned that Fortson shared these photos with another individual in Texas, Mark Cohen. Mark Cohen then shared them with various creators of Youtube channels and podcasts."

He is also mentioned in 10/19 in-camera transcript:
"MR. BALDWIN: There's even a guy in Florida who says the guy in Texas who leaked all this stuff has received from a disgruntled Carroll County employee a whole file filled with stuff, and photos included. And I haven't seen -- I haven't even seen the photos that were leaked, I don't know what they are, you know."

I'm not saying I'm just instantly buying hearsay from AB citing a "guy in Florida." But it's making me wonder, what if MRC did receive that file from a CC employee? Did MRC leak the pics from the CC file too along with MW's pics?

Westerman affidavit posted here: IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #172
In camera transcript: In Camera Hearing Transcript.pdf

At about 12mins into their latest CourtTV appearance, Aine of MS says "we received some crime scene images as well as other leaked discovery."
(h/t ATS news)

I was not aware that any other evidence had been leaked besides from the crime scene photos. Unless Aine is just calling RF's knowledge of the defense "leaked discovery". If it's true that RF had such detailed info likely from MW (and isn't making stuff up for internet clout) it would be a leak of info but not really leaked discovery, which implies it is the actual evidence that's out, not just info about the evidence. Has this been mentioned before on MS?

"Law enforcement was able to retrieve the evidence from the creators of a podcast who stated that they got the evidence from an individual in Texas. Indiana State Police Sergeant Jerry Holeman was able to identify the individual in Texas as Mark Robert Cohen."
"Through the course of the investigation, law enforcement learned that Fortson shared these photos with another individual in Texas, Mark Cohen. Mark Cohen then shared them with various creators of Youtube channels and podcasts."

"MR. BALDWIN: There's even a guy in Florida who says the guy in Texas who leaked all this stuff has received from a disgruntled Carroll County employee a whole file filled with stuff, and photos included. And I haven't seen -- I haven't even seen the photos that were leaked, I don't know what they are, you know."

I'm not saying I'm just instantly buying hearsay from AB citing a "guy in Florida." But it's making me wonder, what if MRC did receive that file from a CC employee? Did MRC leak the pics from the CC file too along with MW's pics?

Westerman affidavit posted here: IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #172
I think it’s best to go right to the source to find out so I went and listened to TMS again
“The Delphi Murders Leakes Crime Scene Photographs “
https://murdersheetpodcast.com/

18:41. They state that MRC did not leak to anyone else but TMS with the agreement they would help him “plug the leak”.

19:00 MRC provided TMS screenshots of all communications with their source, “R” and the person that provided the images to the source.

19:35 TMS spoke to other members of the community that also received these images and it became quite clear which side of the fence the leak came from.
20:13 “R” was member of Delphi focused FB group and made comments and arguments that were perceived to be defense friendly.
20:34 “R” shared an enormous amount of inside information about the defense team and their activities. “R” shared details about the defense team’s investigations and strategies and things they had uncovered. Things that have not been made public. But appear to be accurate
20:50 “R” claimed to have spent time going through the defenses discovery materials at the invitation of the defense team.

21:05 TMS discovered the connection between “R” and “M” as Facebook friends. “M” being former employee of Baldwin and close friend.
21:53 “R” shared image of the F tree out of frustration of illustrations given on Court tv. He was trying to refute Court TV illustration. This is determined by TMS from private screenshot conversations and public conversations made on FB group.
22:47 “R” leaked to one or more individuals than MRC.
Later it was determined that “R” is RF and “M” is MW.
So there is nothing here to show a breach from Carroll County employee to MRC.
I don’t think an employee of Carroll County would have defense strategies, activities and results of investigations.
I do recommend listening to the podcast to make your own conclusions.

I think it’s best to go right to the source to find out so I went and listened to TMS again
“The Delphi Murders Leakes Crime Scene Photographs “
https://murdersheetpodcast.com/

20:34 “R” shared an enormous amount of inside information about the defense team and their activities. “R” shared details about the defense team’s investigations and strategies and things they had uncovered. Things that have not been made public. But appear to be accurate
20:50 “R” claimed to have spent time going through the defenses discovery materials at the invitation of the defense team.

RSBM - we have posted a lot about this, but thanks for typing it out! Murder Sheet have been saying this since they broke the story and they provided screenshots to law enforcement. It's in multiple episodes

But just to reiterate. The implication of this is that the defence was not simply the victim of the conversion of the crime scene photos. Rozzi appears to acknowledge this when he states AB discussed the case with MW, but then doesn't offer any detail as to what was disclosed.

The prosecution also appears to confirm this when they stated it was an 'ongoing leak" in chambers. We know at the very least, they have the information above because Murder Sheet gave it to them.

This is why I maintain AB should be nowhere near the case, and one cannot accept the defence claims about MW at face value. There is more they have not said.

I am especially suspicious if MW was allowed to be in the 'war room'. The defence say he stole (converted) the photos without authorisation, but was he in the room with authorisation? Did AB know he was in there? That detail is all missing, but I am sure the police asked AB about all this.

(h/t ATS news)

RSBM

IIRC in episodes weeks ago, Murder Sheet says the leaked content included info like Baldwin's travel, defence strategy, and who would next be accused of Odinism. This is how Murder Sheet knew from the start that the leak came from the defence. I can't give you a timecode for this, but you can start with the episode where they break this story.

Last edited:
A look at MW (MTW) on indiana Courts might be interesting for some. There isn't much there, and no details, but from what I can tell, there is at least one other conversion charge in the past. Perhaps he should not have been trusted, even before this leak occurrence? IDK. Jmo.

A look at MW (MTW) on indiana Courts might be interesting for some. There isn't much there, and no details, but from what I can tell, there is at least one other conversion charge in the past. Perhaps he should not have been trusted, even before this leak occurrence? IDK. Jmo.
Totally agree TL that he shouldn't have been allowed to be anywhere near case information. I know MW said he strolled in just to say and just happened to run across all this information while waiting for his buddy AB, but I simply don't believe that. He was allowed in a conference room with highly sensitive legal information, which is itself misconduct. IMO

I believe AB discussed the case and strategy with MW and let him have access to the info. then he conveniently 'stepped away for a phone call'. It was noted by MW himself during his chat with Murder Sheets that AB often liked to 'bounce' his theories off different people while working on cases.

This could be an automatic appellate issue for RA if exD continued on this case and he is found guilty.

JMO

It is interesting. Something tells me that the reason MW never became a lawyer is not because he failed but the bar but because of his record.

I keep finding this docket event interesting from his criminal case that started in 2002:

12/19/2022Scanned/Microfilmed

The timing of this event, Dec ‘22, is also when the BW leak occurred via email. IANAL, but when a case gets microfilmed years later does this imply that records have been sealed, expunged or destroyed?

Considering MW’s random (to me) interview with MS in the spring, ive wondered if the photos he took were actually taken much earlier than August. What I’m getting at here is theorizing whether he was potentially incentivized by someone to leak the evidence.

Totally agree TL that he shouldn't have been allowed to be anywhere near case information. I know MW said he strolled in just to say and just happened to run across all this information while waiting for his buddy AB, but I simply don't believe that. He was allowed in a conference room with highly sensitive legal information, which is itself misconduct. IMO

I believe AB discussed the case and strategy with MW and let him have access to the info. then he conveniently 'stepped away for a phone call'. It was noted by MW himself during his chat with Murder Sheets that AB often liked to 'bounce' his theories off different people while working on cases.

This could be an automatic appellate issue for RA if exD continued on this case and he is found guilty.

JMO

This is what Bob Motta is missing IMO. He points out it could happen to anyone that you are working in the conference room, go to the bathroom, field a call, and while you are gone for 30 mins, a visitor goes in the conference room and photographs stuff. Sure I get that.

But it isn't proven that is what happened.

Judge Gull would be fully within her rights based on what we know, to find that she does not accept the explanation - especially because other stuff also leaked and neither AB or MW have offered an explanation.

I kind of hope SCOIN directs Gull to hold a DQ hearing so we can learn what the hell went on. But my guess is, like Judge Gull, SCOIN are also unlikely to want such a fiasco because it will be bad for the trial.

Looking at MW's 2 old offenses:
18H01-0210-CM-002579 Alcohol related; was he underage in 2003, 2004?
08/28/2003Converted Event
DEFENDANT APPEARS, BY COUNSEL. THE STATE APPEARS BY JOE ORICK, DEPUTY PROSECUTOR. DEFENDANT AGREES TO PLEAD GUILTY TO OPERATING A VEHICLE WHILE INTOXICATED, A CLASS A MISD. AND THE STATE AGREES TO DISMISS ALL OTHER CHARGES. DEFENDANT IS SENTENCED TO 365 DAYS IN THE DELAWARE CO. JAIL, SUSPENDED ON THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:$100.00 FINE, $134.50 COURT COST, $200.00 STATE INTERDICTION FEE, TOTAL TO BE PAID BY 11-28-03. UNSUPERVISED PROBATION FOR 365 DAYS THROUGH CON'T (RJO? Y) | JTS Minute Entry Date: 08/28/2003

90D01-0303-CM-000141 This one also appears to be alcohol related. See the charge in red.
Here is info on converted events:
"Please note that the records available through this online search include both data that is recorded through Indiana's Odyssey system and data that has been converted from previously used electronic systems. As a result, converted data in a record may be referred to as a "converted event.""

DefendantWesterman, Mitchell
Address
2860E 800North
Ossian, IN 46777
State PlaintiffState of Indiana

Charges​

Show all charge details
0103/31/2003SEE CCS ENTRY FOR OFFENSE DESCRIPTION-

Chronological Case Summary​

03/31/2003Converted Event
docket level comment: PAPER FILE DESTROYED
Charge 1: 7.1-5-7-7 C Misd MIPA (DISPOSED: BT ) (RJO? N) | JTS Minute Entry Date: 03/31/2003
04/01/2003Judgment
Conversion
01.SEE CCS ENTRY FOR OFFENSE DESCRIPTION-
• Conversion Unknown
01/06/2010Converted Event
IMAGED ALL DOCUMENTS IN FILE PRIOR TO SCANNING INSTALLATION. (RJO? N) | JTS Minute Entry Date: 01/06/2010
09/11/2013Converted Event
IMAGED ALL DOCUMENTS IN FILE PRIOR TO SCANNING INSTALLATION. (RJO? N) | JTS Minute Entry Date: 09/11/2013

DEFENDANT APPEARS, BY COUNSEL. THE STATE APPEARS BY JOE ORICK, DEPUTY PROSECUTOR. DEFENDANT AGREES TO PLEAD GUILTY TO OPERATING A VEHICLE WHILE INTOXICATED, A CLASS A MISD. AND THE STATE AGREES TO DISMISS ALL OTHER CHARGES. DEFENDANT IS SENTENCED TO 365 DAYS IN THE DELAWARE CO. JAIL, SUSPENDED ON THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:$100.00 FINE, $134.50 COURT COST, $200.00 STATE INTERDICTION FEE, TOTAL TO BE PAID BY 11-28-03. UNSUPERVISED PROBATION FOR 365 DAYS THROUGH CON'T (RJO? Y) | JTS Minute Entry Date: 08/28/2003

90D01-0303-CM-000141 This one also appears to be alcohol related. See the charge in red.
"Please note that the records available through this online search include both data that is recorded through Indiana's Odyssey system and data that has been converted from previously used electronic systems. As a result, converted data in a record may be referred to as a "converted event.""

Address
2860E 800North
Ossian, IN 46777

Charges​

Show all charge details

Charge 1: 7.1-5-7-7 C Misd MIPA (DISPOSED: BT ) (RJO? N) | JTS Minute Entry Date: 03/31/2003
04/01/2003Judgment
Conversion
• Conversion Unknown
IMAGED ALL DOCUMENTS IN FILE PRIOR TO SCANNING INSTALLATION. (RJO? N) | JTS Minute Entry Date: 01/06/2010
IMAGED ALL DOCUMENTS IN FILE PRIOR TO SCANNING INSTALLATION. (RJO? N) | JTS Minute Entry Date: 09/11/

As stated in Indiana Code 7.1-5-7-7, any minor who knowingly possesses, consumes, or transports an alcoholic beverage commits a Class C Misdemeanor in Indiana.

Address
2860E 800North
Ossian, IN 46777

Charges​

Show all charge details

04/01/2003Judgment
Conversion
• Conversion Unknown
IMAGED ALL DOCUMENTS IN FILE PRIOR TO SCANNING INSTALLATION. (RJO? N) | JTS Minute Entry Date: 09/11/2013
It looks like his 2002 case #18H01-0210-CM-002579 in Muncie City Court was a DUI:

10/10/2002Converted Event
Agency: CHEST Arresting Officer: 45 9-19-6-3: NO OR IMPROPER HEADLIGHTS 9-30-15-3: OPEN CONTAINER 0.0.0: CM DIVERSION PROGRAM 9-30-5-1B: DRIVING A VEHICLE WITH A BAC .15 OR MORE 9-30-5-2(A): OPERATING A VEHICLE WHILE INTOXICATED ENDANGERING 7.1-5-7-7(2): ILLEGAL CONSUMPTION OF AN ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE (RJO? N) | JTS Minute Entry Date: 10/10/2002

His 2003 case #90D01-0303-CM-000141 with Wells Superior Court seems like it might be related. Not sure exactly how it works, but I wonder if it’s related to a Diversion Program.

RSBM - we have posted a lot about this, but thanks for typing it out! Murder Sheet have been saying this since they broke the story and they provided screenshots to law enforcement. It's in multiple episodes

But just to reiterate. The implication of this is that the defence was not simply the victim of the conversion of the crime scene photos. Rozzi appears to acknowledge this when he states AB discussed the case with MW, but then doesn't offer any detail as to what was disclosed.

The prosecution also appears to confirm this when they stated it was an 'ongoing leak" in chambers. We know at the very least, they have the information above because Murder Sheet gave it to them.

This is why I maintain AB should be nowhere near the case, and one cannot accept the defence claims about MW at face value. There is more they have not said.

I am especially suspicious if MW was allowed to be in the 'war room'. The defence say he stole (converted) the photos without authorisation, but was he in the room with authorisation? Did AB know he was in there? That detail is all missing, but I am sure the police asked AB about all this.
I found it extremely odd too that AB said in chambers that he himself hadn't seen the death scene photos of the girls that were unlawfully copied by MW. He's co-council to RA and co-author of the FM and he hasn't seen the photos, that were supposedly laid out to easily see/steal in his conference/war room? Or did MW have to go digging through discovery to find them? What's up with all that?

I found it extremely odd too that AB said in chambers that he himself hadn't seen the death scene photos of the girls that were unlawfully copied by MW. He's co-council to RA and co-author of the FM and he hasn't seen the photos, that were supposedly laid out to easily see/steal in his conference/war room? Or did MW have to go digging through discovery to find them? What's up with all that?
I interpreted that as AB did not know which crime scene photos MW had taken pictures of. JMO.

(h/t ATS news)

It is my firm opinion that someone close to the Investigation leaks to TMS on a regular basis and has ever since the day when KGreenlee just so happened to be lurking at cases online when he ran across the KAK court data because the court's clerk didn't seal the file upon entry and didn't do so until a few minutes later when it was virtually too late bc Greenlee was in the right place in order to grab it.

The Delphi Murders: Kegan Anthony Kline

I apologize for the delay in response. I appreciate your perspective. I also want to add I have enjoyed seeing your comments from the early threads as I go back through them.
Thank you, kindly. I've learned a lot since those days of yore. Even took a year sabbatical from WS because sleuthing their murders traumatized my soul. Your posts are appreciated for being politely composed with insightfulness.
Yes I do think if RA was innocent he would have made persistent attempts at clearing the error. He was a local that lived in the community with a wife and daughter, if LE was going down the wrong path by naming him Main suspect I think he had a duty to correct it. This really bothers me.
The fact that he didn’t made him shady.
I've never said or implied RA is above suspicion. He was there that fateful day even although he claims the times are different; therefore, he's not the killer. I see no reason for him to repeatedly contact the authorities. He stayed busy working and playing in pool tournaments.
Allen was a regular at the now-closed JC’s Bar and Grill, the Indy Star reported Monday.

When LEO was searching his home and he stood by the vehicle watching, perhaps he didn't anticipate an arrest for murder. When he was arrested, his legal nightmare began. He thought he could afford an attorney so he could post bail but he's never had a bail hearing or a prelim hearing. Judge Diener said there was a bloodlust for information so he recused himself after signing a few warrants. It's been a wild legal ride ever since his arrest.
I think he made mistakes in the execution of his crime. He dropped evidence, he got muddy and parents showed up and police got involved earlier than he anticipated IMO. Maybe the phone died. Maybe he couldn’t remove his gloves to manipulate the phone without leaving prints.
If he crossed the creek in order to get to RLs land, then he had to be muddy. I've seen the topography maps and have seen a few others try to climb that steep embankment since. Even with a gun at their backs, how did those terrified children manage to climb it? LGs shoe was stuck in the mud on the bridge side and not the other side of the creek. It was found when the family was searching on the 13th down near the private drive. KG was on the bridge at the time, iirc.

Why would a dead phone battery prevent the killer from getting rid of it forever? Wouldn't the killer care about the video/audio recording of himself being found on her phone? She may have been tortured for recording it and leaving it was a cryptic message. It's mind boggling that the iphone was left at the CS where it was easily accessed.
Ripping down the photo behind him at the bar sure would have directed attention his way. I think RA did a very good job at being unnoticed. I think it was allowed him 5 years of freedom. In fact I think it’s part of the reason behind the shocking crime scene, he felt invisible in his own life.
Getting rid of the gun, clothing, etc may have also raised suspicions with his wife. I wonder if she ever questioned him on his involvement. I wonder where she was that day when he returned home.
My impression is that he can handle himself without the wife's interference. A killer may tell her it's none of her business what he was doing. Also, he may have the aggressive, domineering Napoleon Complex. Using the right tone, in his best DTH voice, and she wouldn't likely intrude again.

I agree it's puzzling that no one in a town of 3000 thought the killer they feared every day for years worked at the corner drug store and hung out at the local pub. The arrest was shocking as well as a relief. It left some speechless.
I think RL had to be investigated. The crime happened on his property and he lied about his alibi. LE were doing their job. They already had access to his property due to crime scene but needed the SW to finish the job. I think phone pings are going to be tricky due to the lack of towers in 2017. More so since the crime scene was behind his residence.
Wonder why LEO gave RL a month to get rid of evidence? If there was anything, RL got rid of it at the Transfer Station the next morning, on Feb 14. Yes, the strange and odd phone pings and the seemingly contradictory eyewitness testimony will be presented to the average citizen on the Jury.

The FBI cellular data expert that testified in Jessica Chambers (1995-2014) immolation murder trial did a magnificent job of explaining in layman's terms the tracking of her alleged killer's cellphone along with the victim's all the way to the CS where their phones essentially sat on top of each other, according to his chart. The accused won a mistrial. Twice.
The other stuff about prosecution and budgets I have no answer for. I think if we want to say it’s a money making opportunity then it can also be applied to defense. Either way I don’t think either parties planned the crime to make money off its trial.
I think there is far more evidence than what has been revealed. I look forward to trial.
It was certainly not my intention to infer nor imply the D or the P desired to profit off the murders. Everyone employed to work on the case deserves a fair income. It was more to show how The P was reminding the commissioners that the D was earning big bucks and, as if, weren't they all sickened by the fact that the accused was getting represented free of cost because the taxpayers paid the D handsomely. That's my own interpretation. We can post DebbieLowe's video of that FEB 8, 2023 meeting since she is a local news reporter for the Carroll Co Comet that attends their city council meetings. If you haven't, you can hear NMc for yourself, if interested.

I'm curious what other evidence are you anticipating? Is it pertaining to the hair and fiber evidence or something more? During the same CC meeting, NMc was assured unequivocally that funding was no problem for experts, etal. When he nudged the matter, I heard the figure $200,000 had been set aside. I admit, it's a bit concerning that the most recent sworn testimony reveals there's no electronics, no DNA, and no fingerprints that link to RA.

JMHOO

I think RL had to be investigated. The crime happened on his property and he lied about his alibi. LE were doing their job. They already had access to his property due to crime scene but needed the SW to finish the job.

RSBM

It's interesting that the defence did not raise RL or KAK in the Franks. Obviously different issues apply there, but i do wonder if they intend to offer these suspects alternatively at trial?

Looking back at all the old notes, I guess I'm satisfied that a couple of questions have finally been answered.

1. We pondered a lot about why the killer didn't take the phone. Some thought it was lost, some thought it was hidden in L's pocket, some thought she threw where he couldn't find it.
Now we know that he had it and intentionally left it where LE could find it.

2. The "twist" = LE saying they had never seen anything like it in 30 years of service, Ives saying it wasn't just a murder where someone is shot, etc., LE saying one of the twists was they didn't run away; it was a murder.
I believe the "twist" wasn't just the murder; it was how it was done and the scene the murderer created.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay