IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #174

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't shoot me.
The (former) NEW D (Gull's homies) are now off the case ... and on Court TV.
Lebrato just had a TV interview expressing support for RA and the Old D's theory and the Old D.
(At the same time, Lebrato supports Gull as Judge.)
8 PM special tonight on Court TV with the fuller Lebrato interview.

Here ya go, from Barb McDonald & Court TV:

EXCLUSIVE: Richard Allen’s Former Defense Attorney Doubts He'll Get a Fair Trial

Last edited:
OT from the legal stuff, I'd like to know what RA told his wife about that day. Did he mention in the weeks/months/years following- honey, it's so weird I can't believe I was there that day and didn't see anything? Where did she think he was during those hours?
So not only did he not come forward (again) to the police, but my suspicion is that he never mentioned anything to his wife, or anyone else for that matter. If he's innocent, why? IMO.

OT from the legal stuff, I'd like to know what RA told his wife about that day. Did he mention in the weeks/months/years following- honey, it's so weird I can't believe I was there that day and didn't see anything? Where did she think he was during those hours?
So not only did he not come forward (again) to the police, but my suspicion is that he never mentioned anything to his wife, or anyone else for that matter. If he's innocent, why? IMO.
By all accounts we know of, she supports him.
It's also been said they discussed the murders with friends at the bar.
How many times should a person have to come forward?

By all accounts we know of, she supports him.
It's also been said they discussed the murders with friends at the bar.
How many times should a person have to come forward?
I'm not asking if she supports him. We know she does. I want to know what he told his wife about that day and where she thinks he was during the timeframe in question.
Everyone in town was discussing the murders, so discussing them at the bar is not the same as saying "omg I was there that day". I guarantee whoever is guilty of these murders, RA or otherwise, has discussed them at some point. Discussing them doesn't make you innocent. Being truthful about where you were and what you were doing does.
IMO
ETA: I think there's a reason he met the officer at a convenient store and not at his house. At his house, he would have to explain his whereabouts to his family. MOO

Bingo!!

But let’s all pretend this is all just a grand old conspiracy to frame RA.

It’s funny though how until he got caught he never walked into the police station and owned up considering outside forces are controlling his moves.

MOO
Your post made me wonder: do we know the circumstances of how he came to give a statement to a conservation officer in 2017? If I recall rightly, he made the statement outside of his workplace and that gave me pause. Did he contact police to say he was on the trails that day and they were overwhelmed and understaffed so they sent a CO out to discuss with him? Was this a set appointment? Or was DD perhaps sent to canvas the local shop staff members in case anyone had any information to provide? Just wondering.

Your post made me wonder: do we know the circumstances of how he came to give a statement to a conservation officer in 2017? If I recall rightly, he made the statement outside of his workplace and that gave me pause. Did he contact police to say he was on the trails that day and they were overwhelmed and understaffed so they sent a CO out to discuss with him? Was this a set appointment? Or was DD perhaps sent to canvas the local shop staff members in case anyone had any information to provide? Just wondering.
He didn't meet them outside of his work, he "volunteered to meet with a Conservation Officer outside of the local grocery store to offer up details of his trip to the trail on the day in question". Per a statement from his attorneys. Why not meet him at home? Answer: because he didn't want to have to explain that he was on the trails that day to his wife, because she thought he was somewhere else. MOO
ETA: same as for why he wouldn't want to meet outside his work. Then he'd have to answer questions from his co-workers about why he is talking to a CO. Then word quickly spreads "hey, did you know RA was on the trails that day?"
MOO again.

He didn't meet them outside of his work, he "volunteered to meet with a Conservation Officer outside of the local grocery store to offer up details of his trip to the trail on the day in question". Per a statement from his attorneys. Why not meet him at home? Answer: because he didn't want to have to explain that he was on the trails that day to his wife, because she thought he was somewhere else. MOO
ETA: same as for why he wouldn't want to meet outside his work. Then he'd have to answer questions from his co-workers about why he is talking to a CO. Then word quickly spreads "hey, did you know RA was on the trails that day?"
MOO again.

Great theory.

Could be he wanted to speak with LE, in case anyone ID'd him, or other information from close to the scene could be connected with him.

EXCLUSIVE: Richard Allen’s Former Defense Attorney Doubts He'll Get a Fair Trial

from same article - under the court TV video clip. More Lebrato:
“There’s something to the fact that he’s arrested living in that small town that whole time, 24 days before the new sheriff election. That just bothers me somehow, Lebrato said, “I mean, it’s not just coincidence.””
Lebrato agrees with Rozzi and Baldwin that the investigation into the 2017 double murders was flawed and says his team had prepared their own petition for a Frank’s Hearing – alleging there were problems with the information used to obtain the search warrant for Allen’s home.

IMO - That's a big swipe there to the LE investigation suggesting politization of the investigation and charging decision ... FWIW.

"it's not just a coincidence." :(

I think the suicide might convey how R felt about his role in the leak. Based on MW's charges and desire for trial, and AB's lack of charges (separate from possible sanctions), it could suggest that it was R who took it upon himself to send those images and texts outside of their "inner circle." I'm not condoning AB and MW's actions, but I am not convinced either had the intentions of a widespread leak. Without more insight into the leak investigation, it's hard to guess. Jmo.
It might convey how R felt about a whole lot of things, including but not limited to his role in the leak. He declined the interview with police and suicided soon after (how soon?). He made a statement to the effect that it would all go away if he just came clean. That is pretty interesting to me. What was going to go away? What did he mean "come clean"? What was weighing on his mind? His role in the leak probably was part of it.

I'd like to know: did he have a choice in receiving the leaked material from MW or was it just something that showed up in his texts or emails one day? EG: did MW say something like I have X, do you want to see? Or did MW just forward it quietly to him without a hint or a word about it and wait to see what would happen next?

I just think MW had some goal in mind when he forwarded the info he had to R, and I'd like to know, did it work out how he hoped it would?

Last edited:
MOO again.
Thank you for clarifying where the meeting with the conservation officer took place. Who's idea was it for him to meet a CO and not a regular police officer? Who's idea was it for him to see the CO outside a grocery store? Did he just see the officer walking about and approach him or was this a planned appointment? We don't know why he didn't meet the guy at his workplace - we're not told. We can assume it was to avoid rumours etc, but we don't know. We don't know where his wife was either when he met the conservation officer - for all we know, she was in the car waiting for him to meet the guy, or maybe she didn't know he'd met him until years later when police requested the couple to attend the police station. There are a lot of questions to be answered - hopefully all of them will be at trial!

From your link, it does not JUST say he volunteered to meet with a CO".... what it says is: "Rick contacted the police and voluntarily discussed being on the trail that day." So again I ask, who's idea was it for him to meet the CO and who set up the grocery store location and why??

Last edited:
link isn't working for me :(
I'm sorry. And Thanks! It's the same link as the other ... and b/c you let me know so quickly, I have been able to edit that bad link and put in the working one. At least it seems that way to me. If you have time, let me know if the replacement works for you!

Last edited:
Is the “gag order” still in place?

How can Lebrato go on TV and offer up information thoughts etc and not get hit with Contempt of Court? He did serve as RA’s lawyer and is privy to all the details.

This is so messed up.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads