Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #87

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s hard to believe we are nearly 2 years (and 86 threads!) down the track...
My new year’s wish for 2019 is that the Bridge Guy is caught...
I hate the fact that the murderer of these two girls is still out there...and I really blame his kind of evil insidiousness for the loss of liberty of so many children as parents everywhere hold the reins tighter than ever...
:(

Dear Eucalyptuz,

I join with you and many others in wishing that this is the year that the Bridge Guy is apprehended.

There is always hope. Just thinking of the recent cold cases solved makes me feel confident that there is a good possibility that this one will be solved as well.

This is creepy!
Lizzy Collins and Lyric Cook murdered Friday July 13, 2012 Evansdale, Iowa.
Alicia Hummel murdered Monday June 1, 2015 Myron Grove, South Dakota.
Liberty German and Abby Williams murdered Monday Feb. 13, 2017 Delphi, Indiana

Lizzy and Lyric's bikes were found on a isolated Evansdale Nature Trail near Meyers Lake.
Hunters found the girls bodies Dec. 5 2012, 25 miles away in a extremely remote area of
Seven Bridges Wild Life Park.
Driving time from Evansdale, Iowa to Myron Grove, South Dakota is 4 hrs and 10 mins.

Alicia Hummel was found in a isolated area near a boat dock.
Driving time from Myron Grove, South Dakota to Delphi, Indiana is 10 hrs and 9 mins

Liberty German and Abby Williams found outside of Delphi near the Monon High Bridge Trail,
50ft from the north bank of Deer Creek.

Similarities to each case,
All victims killed on a friday or monday,
He works 10 hour days, Friday thru Monday off.
Finds his victims in isolated areas, providing outdoor recreation and close to bodies of water.
Females between 8 years old to 29 years old.

A serial killer, above- average intelligence, organized, skill employment, doesn't display strange behavior
around people. I wonder is he's married and tells his wife he's going hunting or fishing over a long weekend.

I don't see enough similarities with the Alicia Hummel case, but I've always been bothered by the Collins/Cook murders as a connected case. The investigators in Delphi seem to ALMOST dismiss it, but not outright rule it out. Lizzy and Lyric were found so much later that very little was apparently learned due to the advanced state of decomposition. I don't think LE has enough to say one or another about a connection. With all the missing in the country if this is the same killer there could be other cases that no one has made a connection to at this point. With his face and voice all over the country, he has probably gone quiet and considering another area hundreds of miles away.

Then again, I'm not 100% convinced this is a serial KILLER, but someone with a history of violence and sexual assaults and this may be his first kill. IOW, a serial offender, but not necessarily a serial killer. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this is someone who has never been convicted, but those who know him have stories to tell.

It’s hard to believe we are nearly 2 years (and 86 threads!) down the track...
My new year’s wish for 2019 is that the Bridge Guy is caught...
I hate the fact that the murderer of these two girls is still out there...and I really blame his kind of evil insidiousness for the loss of liberty of so many children as parents everywhere hold the reins tighter than ever...
:(

Yes, I think of all those cases where the public knows so little. Here we have a photo, a sketch and his voice - and maybe his DNA. Along with those over 30K in tips called in. And yet, no arrest. I believe it is time for more publicity - an interview with LE, the Delphi residents, something. Someone out there sees a resemblance between the photo/sketch and they need a little push.

Yes, I think of all those cases where the public knows so little. Here we have a photo, a sketch and his voice - and maybe his DNA. Along with those over 30K in tips called in. And yet, no arrest. I believe it is time for more publicity - an interview with LE, the Delphi residents, something. Someone out there sees a resemblance between the photo/sketch and they need a little push.

The $256,000 reward doesn’t seem to have helped either. I hope the case gets more publicity the problem is getting media outlets to cover it if law enforcement provide no new information and just once again appeal for tips.

I have wondered if there is anything else law enforcement could do to solve this case which has helped in other similar crimes in other states in the past.

The $256,000 reward doesn’t seem to have helped either. I hope the case gets more publicity the problem is getting media outlets to cover it if law enforcement provide no new information and just once again appeal for tips.

I have wondered if there is anything else law enforcement could do to solve this case which has helped in other similar crimes in other states in the past.
One of the interviews I saw with ISP 1st Sgt Holman, had the possibility of maybe releasing more audio put out there by the investigator. Along those lines, I believe those two photos came from a video - what if LE released a portion of the video? Granted this guy is walking on railroad ties and that may not be indicative of how he would walk on flat ground, but you never know. Someone may see that and say, "Hey, that looks a awful like _____! Damn, if it isn't _____!"

This is creepy!
Lizzy Collins and Lyric Cook murdered Friday July 13, 2012 Evansdale, Iowa.
Alicia Hummel murdered Monday June 1, 2015 Myron Grove, South Dakota.
Liberty German and Abby Williams murdered Monday Feb. 13, 2017 Delphi, Indiana

Lizzy and Lyric's bikes were found on a isolated Evansdale Nature Trail near Meyers Lake.
Hunters found the girls bodies Dec. 5 2012, 25 miles away in a extremely remote area of
Seven Bridges Wild Life Park.
Driving time from Evansdale, Iowa to Myron Grove, South Dakota is 4 hrs and 10 mins.

Alicia Hummel was found in a isolated area near a boat dock.
Driving time from Myron Grove, South Dakota to Delphi, Indiana is 10 hrs and 9 mins

Liberty German and Abby Williams found outside of Delphi near the Monon High Bridge Trail,
50ft from the north bank of Deer Creek.

Similarities to each case,
All victims killed on a friday or monday,
He works 10 hour days, Friday thru Monday off.
Finds his victims in isolated areas, providing outdoor recreation and close to bodies of water.
Females between 8 years old to 29 years old.

A serial killer, above- average intelligence, organized, skill employment, doesn't display strange behavior
around people. I wonder is he's married and tells his wife he's going hunting or fishing over a long weekend.

I’m not seeing a thread for Alicia? I’ll start one and link.

ETA:
Seems Alicia was killed between 1 and 3. Good find folks, going back to read.

I’ve created a thread but made a mistake in the thread title so waiting for a moderator to correct then will post the link.

Here’s some info so far, wow this very similar in many ways, moo, edge of the water, etc etc. She was even coincidentally on Snapchat at the time.

Friends and family seek answers in murder of Iowa woman Alicia Hummel
JUN 25 2018

34268712_1024342997714168_1140860059618639872_n_4d21825db3b6850d95aa0a4a3686fd52.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg

“Clay County Sheriff Andy Howe told Dateline police believe Alicia was indeed fishing alone that day. He added that around 2:20 that afternoon, a state park employee at Myron Grove, who was cleaning the area, found a body at the edge of the Missouri River near a dock. It was Alicia. She was only 29 years old. Sheriff Howe told Dateline the employee immediately reported the discovery to police.

Alicia had suffered neck wounds and blunt force trauma to the head. Sheriff Howe said an autopsy concluded the actual cause of death was drowning. Alicia’s death has been ruled a homicide by the Clay County Sheriff’s Department, Sheriff Howe told Dateline.“

—-

One year after Hummel's death, friends, police still seek answers

574e31822eaa5.image.jpg

(See additional photos at link, including boat ramp, etc.)

“It's been one year ago today since Hummel's body was found in the Missouri River near the shore at a boat dock at Myron Grove, also known as the Highline Area, about seven miles west of Vermillion, South Dakota.

An autopsy showed that Hummel, 29, died of drowning, with contributing circumstances of blunt-force head injuries and an incised wound on her neck. Toxicology reports were negative for alcohol and controlled substances.

There have been no arrests.“

—-

South Dakota authorities seek answers in unsolved 2015 death
June 8, 2018

“Hummel is thought to have been killed sometime between 1 and 3 p.m.“

Snip

“A state Game, Fish and Parks employee who was cleaning up the area found her body around 3:30 p.m. at the edge of the water by the boat ramp at Myron Grove, also known as the Highline Area, about seven miles west of Vermillion.“

——

Last edited:
One of the interviews I saw with ISP 1st Sgt Holman, had the possibility of maybe releasing more audio put out there by the investigator. Along those lines, I believe those two photos came from a video - what if LE released a portion of the video? Granted this guy is walking on railroad ties and that may not be indicative of how he would walk on flat ground, but you never know. Someone may see that and say, "Hey, that looks a awful like _____! Damn, if it isn't _____!"

I agree. The releasing of a clip of the video could be really helpful in identifying BG. Without my glasses I can barely see but even without my glasses I could spot my father and my husband walking from a mile away due to their distinctive walks. And I'm sure people could say the same about me.

All it could take is someone seeing the video and go "That's 'So-and-so'".

I agree. The releasing of a clip of the video could be really helpful in identifying BG. Without my glasses I can barely see but even without my glasses I could spot my father and my husband walking from a mile away due to their distinctive walks. And I'm sure people could say the same about me.

All it could take is someone seeing the video and go "That's 'So-and-so'".

I seem to recall, maybe from the Dr Phil show quite awhile ago that featured the case, that it didn’t appear Libby had focused her cellphone’s video on the suspect as he was walking. Rather the video was on and she was able to successfully capture a glimpse of him by a quick motion, only a few frames at a distance, assumably without being noticed. That’s why the photos (created from the video frames) isn’t perfectly clear, in fact it’s been mentioned the FBI sought assistance from both Disney and NASA to increase the clarity. Maybe someone else also remembers what I think I do?

In the past posters here have wondered if Abby is to the left of BG and she’s been intentionally snipped out of the image. It’s rather fascinating to speculate different scenarios, if that were so. For example, Libby was waiting at the end of the bridge and had been about to take more photos when Abby was approached by a stranger who initially appeared friendly, then Libby became alarmed. JMO

I seem to recall, maybe from the Dr Phil show quite awhile ago that featured the case, that it didn’t appear Libby had focused her cellphone’s video on the suspect as he was walking. Rather the video was on and she was able to successfully capture a glimpse of him by a quick motion, only a few frames at a distance, assumably without being noticed. That’s why the photos (created from the video frames) isn’t perfectly clear, in fact it’s been mentioned the FBI sought assistance from both Disney and NASA to increase the clarity. Maybe someone else also remembers what I think I do?

In the past posters here have wondered if Abby is to the left of BG and she’s been intentionally snipped out of the image. It’s rather fascinating to speculate different scenarios, if that were so. For example, Libby was waiting at the end of the bridge and had been about to take more photos when Abby was approached by a stranger who initially appeared friendly, then Libby became alarmed. JMO

You are correct about what was said on the Dr. Phil show. I wish they could do another show like that around the anniversary.

They're not going to release any more information. Plain and simple.
As frustrating as it is for the public it's not going to happen.
So from the outside it looks like the girls murderer goes free because LE refuses to get the ball back in their court somehow, anyhow.
We're tired of hearing LE saying we just need that "one piece" even if to LE it is the right thing to do.

Dear Eucalyptuz,

I join with you and many others in wishing that this is the year that the Bridge Guy is apprehended.

There is always hope. Just thinking of the recent cold cases solved makes me feel confident that there is a good possibility that this one will be solved as well.

Hi, @zencompass ! Good to "see" you, and adding my wishes that BG is found this year, and justice served.

Dear crhedBngr,

Always good to "see" you on these posts as well!

I have such deep respect for everyone on these threads who keep showing up because you all genuinely care about these young girls and the distraught their families have experienced.

Websleuths is full of people such as all of you who not only offer excellent insight but great compassion and kindness in all of your posts.

I wish everyone all the best in 2019 and am deeply grateful that you keep showing up.

This year could be the year that this perpetrator is caught. We always have hope.

Dear crhedBngr,

I have such deep respect for everyone on these threads who keep showing up because you all genuinely care about these young girls and the distraught their families have experienced.

Websleuths is full of people such as all of you who not only offer excellent insight but great compassion and kindness in all of your posts.

I wish everyone all the best in 2019 and am deeply grateful that you keep showing up.

This year could be the year that this perpetrator is caught. We always have hope.

Amen to that, Zen!! And the best to you too and all here on Websleuths.

Jmo rewards are tricky, and mostly useless. The larger they are, the more useless tips come in. Anyone with real knowledge is likely to be somehow involved, in most cases. Maybe in a “missing” case, someone might get lucky and spot the person. But a double murder case like this one...the killer is not likely to brag about it, jmo. And local weirdos have already been reported most likely. This is a case to be solved by DNA, if possible, or a confession.

All jmo.

Dear crhedBngr,

And thanks to our Mods, who work so hard!

Absolutely agree with you [COLOR=#0000ff][B]@crhedBngr[/B][/COLOR] !:)

If not for [B][COLOR=#0000ff]@Tricia[/COLOR][/B] and her amazing staff, I.T. and the fabulous moderators, there is no other place where we can discuss cases with compassionate, supportive, kind and insightful members.

Whenever anything tragic has happened - this is the first place I go. Here, the news links are immediate and accurate information is shared by everyone. Discussions are up-to-the-minute and the posts are filled with insight, kindness and respect.

The cases bring me here but it's the stellar people that keep me here.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya