Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #87

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The man in the composite sketch has very similar features as Libby, identical eyebrows, both appear to have slightly smaller right eyes, cheeks very similar, noses almost identical, both have small slim lips and both appear to have same fair coloring. Maybe I'm crazy....

The idea really irks me. While I support LE and the efforts they make I am in charge of my own information.
I strongly reject any presumption that the Government has a right to seize that information simply because I shared it on a website, any more than the notion that they are welcome to search my car just because it is parked on a public way. The 4th amendment is clear in this regard, IMO

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized. "

Just because it exists doesn't put it up for grabs.
It's not because I have anything to hide anymore than when I pull my shades Or lock my doors. It's my privacy. My DNA belongs to me. It is mine. If I choose to share results of analysis with Family or Genealogy, the Government is not named in that agreement AFAIK.
I don't even use the cloud. I got a new computer and immediately shut that thing off.
I am in control of my information. If they have probable cause for a warrant they can have my computer. Anything else is peeking through my blinds, IMO.

HaHa - Rant, I know. But the Bill of Rights, the Constitution and the Declaration of independence is sacred to me.

Looks like you and I are on polar opposites of this issue. Regardless, I still don't know for sure if DNA was recovered. Reading through this forum it sounds like speculation some was found and then reading other posts it's almost stated as fact. Soooo, do we know if DNA was found at the scene?

The man in the composite sketch has very similar features as Libby, identical eyebrows, both appear to have slightly smaller right eyes, cheeks very similar, noses almost identical, both have small slim lips and both appear to have same fair coloring. Maybe I'm crazy....

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/liberty-german/download.pdf

I don't see it.
Libby has high round cheeks. None are visible to compare in the sketch.
Libby's nose has a short bridge and wide nostrils. The sketch shows a long bridge and narrow nostrils.
Libby's eyes are horizontal in line. The sketch shows hooded eye lids. The outer corners are down turned.
Libby's face is very round. The sketch shows a longer than wide face.

I cannot see a resemblance. Further trying to compare her to the perp has no point.

Looks like you and I are on polar opposites of this issue. Regardless, I still don't know for sure if DNA was recovered. Reading through this forum it sounds like speculation some was found and then reading other posts it's almost stated as fact. Soooo, do we know if DNA was found at the scene?

What LE refers to as the “crime scene” is quite a huge area as the bodies were found about a half mile from the bridge iirc. DNA is everywhere but was the killer’s found or not, that we don’t know as LE has not said. Considering the investigation is ongoing I’d think LE would want the perp to wonder about that as well.

BBM
From Feb 27, 2017
“The crime scene tape is still up and marks the circular plot of land where the girls bodies were found. For two weeks police have combed every inch of the woods from the Monon High Bridge where the girls were last seen to the spot where they were found. Investigators are using several resources at the large outdoor scene....”
Police continue to search woods for evidence in Delphi double homicide

Last edited:
I have no intention of further comparing it, I see a resemblance in the Websleuths Facebook ad at the bottom of this page. I didn't know that I wasn't allowed to make a simple observation.

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/liberty-german/download.pdf

I don't see it.
Libby has high round cheeks. None are visible to compare in the sketch.
Libby's nose has a short bridge and wide nostrils. The sketch shows a long bridge and narrow nostrils.
Libby's eyes are horizontal in line. The sketch shows hooded eye lids. The outer corners are down turned.
Libby's face is very round. The sketch shows a longer than wide face.

I cannot see a resemblance. Further trying to compare her to the perp has no point.

That 'perp' statement, like so many others before, jiggled my poor brain.

Do we know that LE has confirmed that BG is the same person captured in the audio?

That the sketch is '100%' a rendering of the murderer?

Sorry, I don't mean to sidetrack us. It's something that nags at the back of my mind... :)

That 'perp' statement, like so many others before, jiggled my poor brain.

Do we know that LE has confirmed that BG is the same person captured in the audio?

That the sketch is '100%' a rendering of the murderer?

Sorry, I don't mean to sidetrack us. It's something that nags at the back of my mind... :)
I don't mean to cause a brain injury :)
RE the voice and the pictures of BG - I don't think LE was ever clear if they are one and the same or separate.;

"During the news conference. Sgt. Tony Slocum said the search continued for a man seen in a photo. Investigators revealed that the photo also came from Liberty German's phone. They said it's possible the voice in the recording is that of the man in the photo. They also acknowledged that it's possible more than one person may be involved."
UPDATE: Police say photo of suspect in Delphi homicides came from teen’s phone; audio released of man’s voice

RE The sketch vs the Pic on the bridge they were more clear it seems:

"Police say they hope the sketch will help clarify some of the pictures that were previously released regarding the investigation and the man on the bridge. Police say the sketch of the suspect is based off witness tips, including one woman who told police she saw this man near the Delphi Historic Trails the day Abby Williams and Libby German were murdered.

"We feel this is very important because it actually gives a better view of the person in the picture that you see down below," Sgt. Kim Riley said at a press conference"
[...]
"We’ve got the information out there, the pictures out there, now we’ve got this composite that we feel it is the same person and we just want to make sure that people realize this picture is this person ," Riley said.
Police release sketch of man accused of murdering Delphi teens Liberty German and Abigail Williams

Also; "The man photographed walking on a trail near the Monon High Bridge, the last place teens Abigail Williams and Liberty German were seen, is now considered the main suspect in the case officials with Indiana State Police said.
ISP: Man in photo considered Delphi suspect

I don't mean to cause a brain injury :)
RE the voice and the pictures of BG - I don't think LE was ever clear if they are one and the same or separate.;

"During the news conference. Sgt. Tony Slocum said the search continued for a man seen in a photo. Investigators revealed that the photo also came from Liberty German's phone. They said it's possible the voice in the recording is that of the man in the photo. They also acknowledged that it's possible more than one person may be involved."
UPDATE: Police say photo of suspect in Delphi homicides came from teen’s phone; audio released of man’s voice

RE The sketch vs the Pic on the bridge they were more clear it seems:

"Police say they hope the sketch will help clarify some of the pictures that were previously released regarding the investigation and the man on the bridge. Police say the sketch of the suspect is based off witness tips, including one woman who told police she saw this man near the Delphi Historic Trails the day Abby Williams and Libby German were murdered.

"We feel this is very important because it actually gives a better view of the person in the picture that you see down below," Sgt. Kim Riley said at a press conference"
[...]
"We’ve got the information out there, the pictures out there, now we’ve got this composite that we feel it is the same person and we just want to make sure that people realize this picture is this person ," Riley said.
Police release sketch of man accused of murdering Delphi teens Liberty German and Abigail Williams

Also; "The man photographed walking on a trail near the Monon High Bridge, the last place teens Abigail Williams and Liberty German were seen, is now considered the main suspect in the case officials with Indiana State Police said.

TYSM! Another fingertip-information amazing responder! And no worries, the brain can take it :)

TYSM! Another fingertip-information amazing responder! And no worries, the brain can take it :)

It's the robots.
big-smile2-smiley.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing which irks me some about LE in this case is I don't understand why they haven't urged people to be vigilant. I don't believe he's from Delphi, IN, and that people in public parks, on trails, etc., need to be vigilant. Be aware of surroundings, report suspicious activity, and so on in such places, say within a 300-400 miles.

I've thought for some time LE are not going to solve this case, they would have solved it, already, if they had solid evidence. It's up to the public to solve it.

JMO

Law enforcement have to an extent in the press conferences in the past but I understand what you are saying. I guess they did not want to make people in the community panic and become even more fearful than what they were/are. It goes without saying people should still be extra cautious when using the trails and parks and not just in Delphi.

One thing which irks me some about LE in this case is I don't understand why they haven't urged people to be vigilant. I don't believe he's from Delphi, IN, and that people in public parks, on trails, etc., need to be vigilant. Be aware of surroundings, report suspicious activity, and so on in such places, say within a 300-400 miles.

I've thought for some time LE are not going to solve this case, they would have solved it, already, if they had solid evidence. It's up to the public to solve it.

JMO

I find myself thinking those same 'LE doesn't appear to be working this' thoughts, at times, when I look at all these open cases. Abby & Libby, if only they had continued searching that night. Personally, I would have kept going. Why not? LED flashlights give plenty of light.

Could they have still been alive that night? Is that why we don't have the estimated (or exact?) time of death? Would that really ding our faith, if they were alive most of that night? Is that a harsh way to look at what may have happened? I pray they were not.

Lyric & Elizabeth. July 13, 2012. Seriously? Do they need more help? More money? More manpower?

I try to remain positive. For these children's memories. For the empathy I feel for their parents, grandparents, families, siblings, and their devastated friends.

And I guess a lot of this has to do with expectations. I'm unrealistically looking for a solution, like nearly all of the crime shows, that are 'solved' in an hour. Or maybe two, with next weeks episode.

I know, I know, it can't even be compared. Real life is much more crazy :)

But we really want justice for all of our victims.

Then I realize, I have been lucky to not have suffered a loss, as life altering, as these folks have. So, I try to stay positive. For the most part. And hope LE gets that break. That ONE tip. Or at least a really f'ing lucky break!

Now, no more negative energy. Only positive energy, along with whatever help we can provide to these cases. Stay strong. Stay hopeful. Peace :)

Snipped original post by me for clarity, underlined and BBM
What is this referring to?

Are the pictures and sketch supposed to be in the slideshow at the bottom of that page? I'm not seeing anything at the top of the page. And for me, anyway, I'm only seeing the picture of Abby & Libby. Is the link corrupt perhaps? Is that what you're trying to answer? :)

Yesterday I was thinking again about BG getting out of there with no witnesses, as well as the concept of BG out there specifically hunting vs. opportunistically coming across the girls while he was out there for another reason.

I realized that where his vehicle (or motorcycle) was parked might impact this question of premeditation. In other words, if he parked elsewhere and hid his vehicle beforehand, then that implies he was planning on a committing a crime.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member