Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #88

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The key phrases here to me are

“New direction”

“Significant information”

“No suspects”

Also we know that the families have not been notified with the information in advance (Eric Erskin, Williams' grandfather, said on Friday that the families haven't been notified yet regarding information that will be released during Monday's press conference, but he's hopeful that there will soon be resolution in the case. Police holding press conference in Delphi case)

So I don’t think this will be an announcement about a suspect or POI. I think it will be evidence released they hadn’t before or a computer composite based on new information. Whatever it is, I’m anxiously awaiting. Those girls deserve justice and that sicko needs to be off the streets.

Agree. One thing to consider is the ISP might be taking over the investigation. Not sure of they are, but the press release info *might* suggest that. IMO.

In other states, the state investigative agency will take on a title like TBI (Tennessee Bureau of Investigation) or GBI (Georgia Bureau of Investigation). In Indiana, it is the ISP (Indiana State Police). Please correct me if I am wrong on that conclusion. That might explain a new 90 degree change up with a more experienced investigative team taking the reins on the Delphi case.

I do think the new information might be shocking, but something held close to the vest this whole time.

Yes. Generally, there is an escalation of behavior.

I absolutely believe that the murders were sexually motivated, and if that’s the case, he sure as hell didn’t start with a double murder.

There would be prior crimes of a sexual nature.

It starts with a fantasy, then builds from there.

Yes, but there are cases where there was a sexual motivation, but a sexual act did not actually occur against the victims. That new Gray Hughes vid was very long, and I watched parts of it. It does seem he suggests the perp was with the girls much longer than many here thought.

Yes, but there are cases where there was a sexual motivation, but a sexual act did not actually occur against the victims. That new Gray Hughes vid was very long, and I watched parts of it. It does seem he suggests the perp was with the girls much longer than many here thought.
Yes, that’s absolutely true.

A sexually motivated crime, does not have to involve a sex act.

Agree. One thing to consider is the ISP might be taking over the investigation. Not sure of they are, but the press release info *might* suggest that. IMO.

In other states, the state investigative agency will take on a title like TBI (Tennessee Bureau of Investigation) or GBI (Georgia Bureau of Investigation). In Indiana, it is the ISP (Indiana State Police). Please correct me if I am wrong on that conclusion. That might explain a new 90 degree change up with a more experienced investigative team taking the reins on the Delphi case.

I do think the new information might be shocking, but something held close to the vest this whole time.
That would certainly satisfy the “new direction” but not the “significant information” IMO

Maybe a combo of ISP takeover and their decision to release more information.

Some articles are reporting that this will be the most significant information ever regarding this case. We have BG’s image as caught by the victims and audio of his voice. So this new information is potentially more significant than that!!??? Waiting over here

I hope this IS the big break that we all have been waiting for! I will be watching the PC For sure!

I am being hesitantly optimistic. There will definitely be new information shared, which is good.

The wait for it hard, because we all care about these girls, and I have learned so much from all of you here.

I guess I just wonder if this information has been there all along and held close to avoid false confessions.

It might be something completely new based on a DNA profile by Parabon, a familial match, or the suspect outright called in and taunted. That would be new information, for sure.

All the above is IMO.

<modsnip - broken quote>

It's possible that CE has valuable knowledge of the crime, but isn't involved. Among pedophiles and sexual deviants the expression "birds of a feather flock together" is very true. These guys, especially if they are computer savvy, find each other and feed off of their sordid stories. Usually they keep quiet when questioned by LE, but this guy seems to be a talker. He volunteered the information about his other encounters with underage girls. Perhaps he'll share knowledge of what he has heard, seen or participated in. Any direct leads could help solve this case. imho

Last edited by a moderator:
Crossquoting from media thread, say whaaaaattt? Anna Williams has not been informed and has to find out whatever it is at the same time when we do? Nah...wth man. I mentioned earlier I was sure that surely Abby’s and Libby’s families have been pre-informed of whatever it is they’re going to say...I don’t get this “family finding out via PC”, moo. Usually tell the family first, or they should imo, especially something of this much “significance” ad they say...idk I’m emotional right now, could be misinterpreting. But I would anticipate and hope that they have been keeping these families “in the loop”.

Wow! Sleuths -- thanks for the info and the heads-up!
Crossing my fingers and toes, hoping for
Police take new direction in Delphi murder investigation

A news release published Friday did not indicate what might change.

On Friday afternoon, the Journal & Courier telephoned Anna Williams, Abby's mother. She said she is not aware of what will be announced on Monday.
-.-
If anyone has information about the identity of the killer, they should call in the tip to 844-459-5786 or email them to abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com.

Last edited:
Crossquoting from media thread, say whaaaaattt? Anna Williams has not been informed and has to find out with us? Nah...wth man. I mentioned earlier I was sure that surely Abbys and Libby’s families have been informed of whatever it is they’re going to say. I don’t get this “family finding out via PC, moo. Usually tell the family first, or they should imo.

You know, I would think whoever is now controlling this investigation, the families would be filled in first, and even asked for their good graces with the plan for why the press conference is called. IMO. Maybe the families were after this article was published. Don’t know.

It's possible this was not a random act and it's possible the girls were taken somewhere and returned later.
LE may have found another crime scene too.
Just throwing out thoughts that could change how we might look at this.

You know, I would think whoever is now controlling this investigation, the families would be filled in first, and even asked for their good graces with the plan for why the press conference is called. IMO. Maybe the families were after this article was published. Don’t know.
I do think they will talk to the family prior to the PC.

It's possible this was not a random act and it's possible the girls were taken somewhere and returned later.
I don’t think that’s going to be it.

That would be incredibly risky, unnecessary, and difficult.

Personally, I don’t think they left that area.

This guy was rearrested and charged April 18th.
Way out of the box!
(Read through the articles on this guy, you will see how odd he is!)
Look at his body language...
"In this instance, Rini refused to befingerprinted, but agreed to submit a DNA sample,"
"DNA determined that he was not 14-year-old Pitzen"
"he was Pitzen and had run across an Ohio bridge after escaping two kidnappers"

Also, the father, Jim Pitzen moved to Iowa. Was this in 2012?
How close is this to where Lyric and Elizabeth were found?
However,
Rini would have been 16 at the time Lyric and Elizabeth were killed.
He seems to roam the streets.
Just got out of jail March 7 2019...

Rini seems to have a fascination with Timmothy's father IMO.
*just a hinky feeling about him.
He surely isn't the age BG should be, but he has a rap sheet and always claims to be a victim of child trafficking.
What if he is actually a perpetrator of it?

Brian Michael Rini, who claimed to be Timmothy Pitzen, charged
Ohio Man Indicted After Pretending to be Missing Aurora Boy
*Photo here of him by a car.
Timmothy Pitzen imposter: Man who claimed to be missing boy says he is not guilty of federal charges - CNN
Moo

That makes some sense to me. The reason I say that, is I don’t dispute they were corralled at the end of the bridge and led down the hill. That road easily seen from GH’s vid, and the easy access to the cemetery, is cause for pause for how it went down.

I can’t quote anything directly here, but I do feel there was something that happened to one or both girls before the crossing of the creek, and under the bridge. IMO.

Whether he got them to a place beyond the creek, maybe in a vehicle, will have to rely on the investigators to explain.

Why he would have taken them away, and brought them back to where their bodies were found, if that is how it went down, would possibly mean he wasn’t sure what to do, and rethought and maybe rethought again. IMO.

I would love for this to be a case of new evidence/a break in the case but suspect it’s an internal change in who is in charge of the case. This would be a really big deal for those involved, and they would want to get the news(PR) out there but not necessarily answer questions. New team/new eyes may have some new ideas on investigation strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop