Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #88

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you reading this man is being speculated as being BG.
I mean that reddish hair...
Ah, yes! A ginger, like me!
They would know that fr the facial DNA mapping for sure!
Is ironic this body is found on Thursday, they announce a PC on Monday?
72 hours to notify and counsel the families maybe?
Moo

Indiana State Police say Delphi teen homicides case takes 'new' direction, but no arrest yet

"SP Public Information Officer Sgt. Kim Riley said Monday’s press conference will show a 90 degree change in the investigation.

“There’s going to be some new information given out,” Riley said. “There’s not an arrest, but there’s going to be some newsworthy information.”

90 degree turn. What does that mean?

The actual press release about the press conference:

Delphi Homicide Investigation Moves in New Direction

Last edited:
Indiana State Police say Delphi teen homicides case takes 'new' direction, but no arrest yet

"SP Public Information Officer Sgt. Kim Riley said Monday’s press conference will show a 90 degree change in the investigation.

“There’s going to be some new information given out,” Riley said. “There’s not an arrest, but there’s going to be some newsworthy information.”

Interesting!
Maybe the investigation is closing in on a specific county?
Or, as previously mentioned a new sketch?
Maybe a piece of evidence unique to the will be revealed?
Or he is dead. I still believe we would have been told immediately, to put locals at ease, if the Was found deceased.
Tick tock slowly goes the clock....

Ha! I know. What exactly does a “90 degree turn” mean in this case?

We had an unknown person spotted in the area (BG).

Logically, a 90 degree turn would mean that it’s not him. I don’t think that’s what they’re getting at though.

So what else?

Would more information equal a “90 degree turn?”

Not by most people’s definition.

That’s what I think it is though. More focus.

We had a jogger murdered near me a couple years ago (Vanessa Marcotte). At one point in the investigation, law enforcement released results of DNA analysis, that showed the suspect’s race, and probable age (I had no idea that DNA could show age, but it can).

Perhaps that’s what we’ll see here.

Police won't say if 1988 Indiana cold case suspect linked to 2017 Delphi murders of two teenage girls

Wouldn't it be interesting if this murderer's DNA is linked to this case? This guy is 59 years old today, I believe. I can't see him out running Libby and Abby, but a bullet travels faster. Just more speculation. So looking forward to Monday's PC!

This guy taunted police for years, leaving notes saying that he had killed April Tinsley.

Indiana man arrested in 1988 rape, murder of 8-year-old girl after DNA match found on used condoms, cops say

(I had no idea that DNA could show age, but it can).

Snipped by me

Yeah, I guess they can approximate age by looking at how worn down the telomeres are. Those are the "caps" at the ends of the DNA strands and they get a bit shortened every time the cell divides. So if the telomeres are relatively long, they know the person is still on the younger side.

Logically, a 90 degree turn would mean that it’s not him. I don’t think that’s what they’re getting at though.

So what else?

We had a jogger murdered near me a couple years ago (Vanessa Marcotte). At one point in the investigation, law enforcement released results of DNA analysis, that showed the suspect’s race, and probable age (I had no idea that DNA could show age, but it can).

Actually, I misquoted. Kim said 90 degree CHANGE, not turn (well, according to the journalist anyway). So, maybe a 90 degree CHANGE is that the case has just gotten a whole lot hotter! ;) (Hopefully not cold!)

Hopefully this isn't just going to be the release of an official criminal profile.
I both hope not, and doubt it.

That wouldn’t represent a change in direction, nor does it make a lot of sense.

They had what they had, in terms of crime scene analysis and the ability to generate a profile.

I don’t think a new profile would have taken this long either.

Actually, I misquoted. Kim said 90 degree CHANGE, not turn (well, according to the journalist anyway). So, maybe a 90 degree CHANGE is that the case has just gotten a whole lot hotter! ;) (Hopefully not cold!)
Ok, that strengthens my theory that this is about increased focus.

I think you’re right, this case got hot.

DNA tends to do that. I just pray that’s it.

So what else?

How about “Completely disregard the picture and description of BG” that everyone has been focused on these past 2+ years. Now THAT would be a 90 degree turn!

Remember when they instructed to disregard the hat? I thought that was a turn because it was an unusual hat.

So what else?

The reference to the 90 degree change is interesting. Usually when things change significantly you would say that the 'tables are turned 180 degrees'.

Maybe the announcement will be that this case will be looked at by fresh eyes (change in detective/agency which is a new direction with a slight shift).

Maybe the announcement will be that evidence has been uncovered to suggest a fresh theory to guide investigation (ie. targeted vs random or a link to online/social media catfishing or 2 perps instead of 1 or a connection with another case). There are many possibilities which could provide a new direction.

Maybe the announcement will be that new investigative tools will/are being used (such as familial DNA).

SP PIO doesn't say the words "arrest YET" likely implying there would still be one in the future. Just noticing the lack of the word YET that some news writers have added on their own to the story. The lack of the word YET is curious to me, it makes me wonder if the suspect is dead as some have speculated.

IMO, if this case was linked to another, such as Lyric and Lizzy across state lines, I would think the FBI would be heading the PC and not the ISP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vagirl77