Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #89

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His voice in the audio is so nonchalant IMO ...since we don’t know the COD it makes one wonder if he simply asked the girls to come see something he found or some other ruse. Perhaps he lured them downhill then presented a weapon? MOO

I’m still catching up but want to touch briefly on my first impressions of this PC.

Imo, these revelations still very much have the flavor of common perp profiles, just with a change in “person”. It’s like they’ve taken the profile and made it more real by assigning these certain common attributes/behaviors to the perp in direct form by personally addressing him. I’m not doing to get too deep into it because I jumped out of bed to watch the PC and I haven’t had my coffee yet and am quite grumpy after this PC frankly but anyway, re: the statement above let’s take Jessica Ridgeway’s PC for intance:
Lives or works in area
Changed behavior since the crimes
Someone out there may know this person
ETC

—when he said “hiding in plain sight” this was very reminiscent (again) of Jessica’s conference.

Also, it’s not revelation that very often perps names appear in case files during the initial stages of the investigation and are often interviewed early on. Various cold cases are solved by going back to the early names mentioned.

So as some of you have said, I’m not understanding this sudden change that he could be as young as 18? Wth. The man walking on the bridge does not indicate a younger male or look like this new sketch imo.

And as far as releasing video for the purpose of analyzing the gait, people have been saying this from day 1. I’d actually like to see a side by side of this new video and THIS:
(Looking for image, it’s the animated one, I’ll find it)

As for wondering they now release the walking cider, maybe they thought the bridge would not be a good indicator of gait, therefore didn’t release it earlier.

More thoughts later.

I'm sure criminal profilers have been closely examining the slew of cold cases recently solved through DNA database matching. In the cases I've read about, the killer did live nearby at the time, and didn't disappear into hiding afterwards, but brazened it out.

If I were a criminalogist, I'd be examining those cold cases asking the question "was there anything police could have done to solve the case earlier?"

Perhaps this renewed investigation is coming from those lessons, about how to avoid allowing crimes to remain unsolved for decades.

Is the newly released voice recording separate to the first recording we had ? Meaning, he could be saying ‘down the hill’ numerous times or they’ve merely added the ‘guys’ bit ?

Indiana State Police - Public Information Office

isp-header-image3_crop.png

INDIANA STATE POLICE
Indiana Government Center North
100 N Senate Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46214

www.in.gov/isp

FOR RELEASE: Upon Receipt

Capt. David R. Bursten
Chief Public Information Officer
317-232-0064
dbursten@isp.in.gov @dbursten

April 22, 2019

New 'Face' of the Delphi Murder Suspect

Delphi, Indiana - Early this afternoon Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter spoke with members of the Delphi community and interested media to share the change in direction of the Delphi double murder investigation of Abigail (Abby) Williams and Liberty (Libby) German. This investigation has been ongoing since the discovery of the girls bodies, the early afternoon of February 14, 2017, in a wooded area near the Delphi Historic Trail, about a half mile upstream from the high bridge.

Today, a new sketch of the suspect, appearing to be in his mid-twenties to mid-thirties and believed responsible for the murders of the girls, was shared with the Delphi community and media. As the investigation has progressed, information has been continuously reviewed and examined and this sketch more accurately depicts the face of the suspect from the video recorded on Liberty German's cell phone while she and Abigail were on the High Bridge.

Also shared with the Delphi community was more of the audio, as well as previously unreleased video from Libby's phone. The sketch, audio and video footage can be viewed at this Indiana State Police website link: ISP: Delphi Homicide Investigation

As Superintendent Carter said today, "We have a witness. You made mistakes. We are coming for you and there's no place for a heartless coward like you to hide that gets his thrill from killing little girls."

This investigation has been a priority of the Multi-Agency Task Force since the first day of the investigation and will continue to be a priority for all participating law enforcement agencies.

Look at the sketch, listen to the audio, watch how this coward walks on the high bridge and send your tip to this email: Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com
sketch-for-isp_crop.jpg

This is the face of the suspect that goes with body of the video captured on Liberty German's cell phone minutes before she and Abigail Williams were murdered.

Just within the past week some of the members here said that they had seen that the original sketch was still on billboards in this area. Can those folks go looking and seeing if a new sketches up? I wonder if they are taking the old ones down and putting up new ones, or they are following up in anyway on the incorrect sketches that law enforcement now wants us to look at as the primary.

And why do they say primary, versus replacement? I thought that wording was very very strange to me and made my pinky meter go off. It's like there is a primary and a secondary the way they worded it. I guess I'm reading too much into it?

I'm interpreting it as calling him a coward to make him angry. They seem to be saying that he thought that by controlling and killing two girls at once that it made him 'powerful', and they're saying, no, you're not a big powerful guy like you think you are...you're a little coward who hurts little girls. This is not the way he wants to see himself. He wants to see himself as clever for what he did, for eluding LE for two years and having them chase someone who looks so different. But he's not a big man, he's not clever, and they are going to get him, and his weaknesses are going to be on display in a trial for everyone to see and hear and read about in the papers. All his family and friends and colleagues who he so deeply wants to impress, they're going to learn what he's really like.

At least that's the way I interpret it. I think what was said is from FBI profiling of the killer. Rape is about power, not about sex, and he probably is proud of himself for the power and assertion he showed that day. It's sick, not 'manly' or anything like that.

The way I'm interpreting it is that he was saying that the suspect thought he was powerful. It leads me to believe that he was telling the girls that they were not allowed in the bridge, he was in a position of power and he was saying guys, you can't go this way you have to get off this bridge, down the hill. Guys, down the hill.

I did notice in pictures that Libby’s grandpa was still there during the presser.... I didn’t see any other family members but I have to believe that MP wanted to see if “BG” would show up as well? I really do think if they had someone in mind, they told the family or maybe even the family suggested the person LE is on to now?

Last edited:
The way I'm interpreting it is that he was saying that the suspect thought he was powerful. It leads me to believe that he was telling the girls that they were not allowed in the bridge, he was in a position of power and he was saying guys, you can't go this way you have to get off this bridge, down the hill. Guys, down the hill.
Ooohhh, never thought of this! Makes sense.

Oh man never mind my rambling on about the CPS/DPS/Welfare office. I went back to re-read the summary. The office was abandoned - not the vehicle. Okay then! All afternoon I was wondering if they had the abandoned vehicle. My inner sleuth is on vacation. I guess I do still wonder if the old office location is a regular parking spot for trail wanderers. Or troublemakers...

OK, now that we know the car was parked there on the 13th and not the 14th, I vaguely remember a statement regarding someone seen walking along the Hoosier Hwy. I heard it once and no more after that point. If that is true was it the killer?

Regarding whether LE was indicating whether it was the car or building that is abandoned here is a news article that indicates the vehicle might have been seen at 6814 W. 300 N and there appear to be a couple of buildings in that general area. If that is correct it is not that far to walk to the trail. A car seen at an abandoned building would cause it to be noticed.
Police: Delphi killer 'hiding in plain sight' as new images released

If this killer left his car there instead of the regular parking for trail users, did he do that because the lot was full? OR did he not want his car seen in the lot that day and thus connecting him to the trail? That second point would seem to indicate this was a premeditated act. He either specifically went after Liberty and Abigail OR he was deliberately hunting for a target of opportunity.

If I recall correctly, right after the murders they were asking if anybody had seen a man walking alongside the road with a backpack? I think I've got the right case?

L
This was probably discussed extensively back in 2017 ... the killer would have to had known beforehand that the girls would be on the trail that day and alone. Think about how he would know that. Or, the killer was there, hoping to kill just anyone else who might be there on the trail that day, and luckily for him someone was there.
I may be alone in this, but I do not think this was a spur of the moment. Hurting 2 people at the same is not easy, from what I understand. That would mean he picked people who knew he could control because of their love for one another. Picking two young best friends like this suggests the perp knew them, and knew they would never leave the other one, even to get help.

All of that suggests someone close to at least a very close family member of the girls, as wells as someone who they may have known by sight but not by name. MOO, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member