Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #100

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great map! Such a straight shot to the cemetery that one almost wonders if the killer had GPS points/markers saved on a map application or handheld GPS. The walk-through videos don't to me have visual markers that would make it a straightforward natural place to end up. The final location must be planned.

Seeing it this way it really is a good spot for not being seen, having an escape route and being as far as possible away from other human activity.

I agree except for, I think there are better, more hidden places that are further away and probably would be an easier walk. Imagine if he brought them "down the hill" from the bridge and then had them turn to the right and walk along the road under the bridge.

The place where they were found is relatively "open" (imo) because the leaves were off the trees provided a longer, clearer view for anyone who could have been nearby. The area is almost flat down there by the creek and there doesn't appear to be too many bushes or brush to block the view. The land behind the CS becomes a steep hill. A video of RL was made where he's standing some ways down that hill and pointing to show reporter that you can actually see the bridge from just above the CS. There's a hiking path that isn't too far from the CS. The cemetery is up directly above the CS, as well, and people could have possibly have heard screaming from that vantage point. I think some more adventurous hikers could have walked quite close to the CS. But, apparently nobody did. Lucky break for him.

I think he close this (more exposed, imo) place for the CS because he wanted the girls to be found. I think, in some way, he had the girls on display after their deaths and, if so, there was a visual "message" left for others to see. I think he wanted to shock people. To hide the bodies would be contradictory if they were posed or on display. That's why I think the murders seemingly took place so quickly. Expressly because he didn't bring the girls to a place that was very well hidden. He had better choices imo, and every minute spent at the CS was dangerous for him. He had to carry out his plan quickly. Imo, it was sudden and quick and filled with rage... and then he got out of the area as quickly as he could while appearing to be "just another person enjoying the trails."

I was disturbed to hear Sup. Carter say, "The way you left them, etc." I did think that might support a theory as to posing of bodies. Not necessarily though, as any discovery of 2 young girls left dead in the woods is enough to create intense emotions for most police officers and fear and shock in those living in the town, imo.
(Entire comment is jmo)

Yes and if you follow that link from that facebook page it is still showing road closed.

Anybody local???

I can't recall who the reporters were that were on top of this, but perhaps they have a Twitter page to ask them? I don't do Twitter or I would do it.

A reporter could get away with calling the non-emergency number at 765 - 564 - 2413 to ask them

The notification about the road closure etc was put out at 8:20am. Since then it has caught the attention of us and others interested in the Delphi case. The only news we have heard is a vague reference to someone in the water. LE knows the word going around is it might somehow be connected to the murders. All they have to do is release a quick statement saying it is not related at all and that would put an end to it. But they haven’t. They are either completely tone-deaf about public relations or....maybe something’s up.
Unless the local media gets hold of it, or phones begin ringing off the hook, there’s really no reason to say anything.

They’re probably more concerned with whatever it is they are doing, than worrying about some people on the internet.

The notification about the road closure etc was put out at 8:20am. Since then it has caught the attention of us and others interested in the Delphi case. The only news we have heard is a vague reference to someone in the water. LE knows the word going around is it might somehow be connected to the murders. All they have to do is release a quick statement saying it is not related at all and that would put an end to it. But they haven’t. They are either completely tone-deaf about public relations or....maybe something’s up.
Was that 8:20 local time?

someone with more knowledge about crime scenes?
does LE typically take photos of most everything or?...only what might be considered possible evidence?( hence photos being taken in the shed/shack/barn?)

Thx Borro this video is in reference to the BBR search warrant that was served early on.

Definitely interesting
Thanks for the info about the search warrant for a house on the road closed today - this coverage (as a reminder) is from soon after the crime, not from today.

Scant info about the warrant in that clip, but it is confirmation that something led LE to that house at the start. No evidence as of yet at today's activity is related.

jmo

Haven't gotten confirmation that the road closure was put out at 8:20 a.m. but if it was, and if it's still in effect, over 5 hours is more than a minute for no information to be released (one way or another) via LE or media.

Anyone care to recap the search warrant info...for those of us with fuzzy memories of it?
I'm gonna go back and read the original info on our thread, but
til then I found this today: Daily Mail, 2/17/17 said:
"Authorities were led to the residence by TIPS that have been coming in since the bodies were found. A person on the property
was interviewed but not arrested."
I believe the LE officer quoted was 'Riley'. going from memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1