Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #101

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think of the sign the L.E. have up on the wall "Today is the day".

Hoping and praying that tomorrow may be "the day".

If it takes more time for them to tie all of the pieces together for a solid case that will bring a conviction, that is what we are all hoping for. I believe it will happen. Just a matter of time.

Last edited:
I can’t shake the gut feel this was someone who “knew” the girls. Maybe not directly, but in some way. I very well could be wrong, but I feel like he would’ve struck again if this wasn’t somewhat targeted to an extent.

Again, all JMO and I don’t have a specific reason other than a weird feeling.

I hope I’m wrong. Justice is coming, just not in our time...

When this is solved I think we are going to have a lot of shocked people as everyone is going to know someone close to him. I am guessing only a 2 degree of separation maybe 3.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

The one thing that I really don't understand, though, is why so many people (not just here, but all over) believe that the sketch has to be wrong because it doesn't fit with their picture (in their minds) of BG.

... for me, it's not just in a picture in my mind. To me, the man in the video actually looks more like sketch #1 than the new sketch. I "see" facial hair and an older looking face and build than the man in the new sketch. Even if the voice sounded more "youthful", I would still say it's an older male with a younger sounding voice, and not the other way around. I just don't see "youth" in that man as he was captured in that video.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: quoted post was modsnipped>

... for me, it's not just in a picture in my mind. To me, the man in the video actually looks more like sketch #1 than the new sketch. I "see" facial hair and an older looking face and build than the man in the new sketch. Even if the voice sounded more "youthful", I would still say it's an older male with a younger sounding voice, and not the other way around. I just don't see "youth" in that man as he was captured in that video.
I guess I should be more understanding now that I think about it. When I was trying to enhance the stills, I always saw him as looking fairly young; I know people mentioned that about the sketches that I had done too. I did think the voice sounded older, but his face has always looked young to me. I had put his age at 25-30, and decided on 29 (no idea why). Since the newer audio was released, his voice also sounds younger to me, so I'm wondering if something happened, or was happening, to affect his breathing and/or speech. That's one of the reasons I've suspected asthma too.

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if they think he will not, their job is to arrest him, if they know who it is. They are policemen, not politicians.

Clearly missed my point, but that’s OK. They have to have enough evidence to back up their arrest. They’ve got one chance to nail him forever, and they need every i dotted and every t crossed. I believe they’re doing everything they can and this has nothing to do with politics.

The Mourning Doves are back in Alberta. I hear their call, who are you, who are you? When I hear it I think of Libby and Abby and I also wonder "who are you?" I hope LE are close to solving this case and we can finally know who did this heinous crime. So sad for the mother’s of the girls especially for Abby's mother who lost her only child. So many will be thinking of them today.

The Future of Crime-Fighting Is Family Tree Forensics

"It was the last Saturday of June and CeCe Moore had been working on her couch, hunched over her laptop for 16 hours straight. The month before (2018), the genetic genealogist had been hired by a forensic DNA company in Virginia called Parabon, to lead its new division devoted to long-range familial searching."
(2018)"This summer, Indiana investigators extracted DNA from the original crime scene and sent it to Parabon. There, the company reverse-engineered the information into a DNA data profile similar to what you would get back from consumer genetics companies like 23andMe or Ancestry.
"Then they uploaded it to GEDMatch and waited for a match. They got 12. Twelve relatives, ranging from fifth to third cousins."By the time night fell over her home in San Diego, she had begun to close in on a single branch, into which the four genetic tributaries all ran."

CeCemore-FamilyTree-Science-1017209938.jpg

"Once she had them, she could move forward in history, building out family trees of every generation until the present. She did this by tracking names and faces through census records, newspaper archives, school yearbooks, and social media."

Perhaps LE has employed this new division of Parabon who narrowed down a family tree, and LE has looked at the vehicles owned by these family members. LE may have found a description match to the one parked at the old CPS building. The vehicle could be used by numerous family members. Bingo...the #2 sketch and description matches one or more of this family, siblings or cousins.

Now LE needs the last piece of the puzzle....

All IMO of course :)

Jumping in on "sketch chat"

I think the original sketch we had for so long has enough basic features to match so many men. I open my local Indy news links and almost every day (no kidding) there is someone's crime picture posted on there that looks like "old" BG. And I still see "him" everywhere I go. He looks like EveryMan.

The new sketch for me, however, doesn't look like every one. I haven't been out and about once since it's release and thought "oh! that guy looks like BG". Not once. It seems much more unique to me. IMO it is no where near as every day midwestern man as the old sketch.

------

Also, at the end of the last thread I posted about the NB thread and I still think you all would be interested in checking it out for some of the latest posts so here it is again. There's a video posted from his personal YouTube that is a must see. I was skeptical of a connection to this case at first but that video and his FB and comments on his FB... well, see for yourself. It's a short thread and I think the video is near the bottom of page 1.

Identified! - IN - Newton County, Fem, 30 Mar 2019 - Nicole Bowen

ETA: corrected link to take you to page 1 and not 2

I'm on a roll tonight, two posts in the same thread! I've been thinking about the sketch, and all the things people have been saying about it. It's true that there's nothing that really stands out about him, it's generic enough to look similar to thousands of men, it sat around for 2 years before anyone in LE seems to have thought it would be of any use, etc., etc.., etc. I've been thinking that the sketch wasn't really shown for the general public, but more to let BG know that there is a witness who can identify him (whether there really is or not.) The sketch doesn't have to look exactly like him for it to make it clear that the witness did get a good look at him.

The one thing that I really don't understand, though, is why so many people (not just here, but all over) believe that the sketch has to be wrong because it doesn't fit with their picture (in their minds) of BG. Even though there are some things that don't quite fit with what I saw in the stills/video, I'm guessing that anyone who saw him face to face probably has a better idea of what he looks like than I do. For that reason, I'm using the sketch as my "BG" with possibly minor changes which may have come about from being a drawing rather than a photograph. Since I seldom leave home, haven't even left town in months and haven't left the state in years, I doubt if I'll ever run into him anywhere, but you never know what life might have in store for you. MOO
Bbm - it’s kind of reminiscent of the whole blue dress/white dress thing. Everyone sees things different.

Abigail Williams & Liberty German: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

heavy.com 2/22/17

“We are asking for anyone to come forward with information or were in the area of the Delphi Historic Trails or Monon High Bridge that might have seen a person or persons, vehicles parked in the area or were taking pictures,” Indiana State Police said in a press release. “Any information may be helpful to solving this case. You can contact the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department or the Delphi Police Department at 765-564-2413, option #1, or the Indiana State Police at 765-567-2125.

“Also, if you were parked at High Bridge Trail Head on February 13, 2017 between 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. we would like to talk to you,” police said. (2/22/17)

This is across the street from the old CPS building.... We missed this

Last edited:
To add one more thing to the discussion: On one of the closed threads ( either 99 or 100) an OP was speculating as to what the possible motive for the murders could be. I thought that when felony crimes are committed, prosecutors and LE legally are not required to/ do not have to come up with a motive for a crime. They just have to prove that Person A committed it based on the evidence "beyond a reasonable doubt." Can someone on WS with a legal background address this? Thanks!

Abigail Williams & Liberty German: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

heavy.com 2/22/17

“We are asking for anyone to come forward with information or were in the area of the Delphi Historic Trails or Monon High Bridge that might have seen a person or persons, vehicles parked in the area or were taking pictures,” Indiana State Police said in a press release. “Any information may be helpful to solving this case. You can contact the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department or the Delphi Police Department at 765-564-2413, option #1, or the Indiana State Police at 765-567-2125.

“Also, if you were parked at High Bridge Trail Head on February 13, 2017 between 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. we would like to talk to you,” police said. (2/22/17)

This is across the street from the old CPS building.... We missed this
Good catch!

I know this was mentioned before but I can't remember if it was ever determined. Did the girls and Kelsie stop anywhere on the way? Gas station or store?

At the grocery check out today, the woman behind me said "You guys (girls) can go down by the creek when we get home." I glanced over and saw two girls close to Abby and Libby's age with her. My first thought was I hoped no creep would follow them home and pull over down the road.
And that's the thing for me. The "randomness" could have been just that simple. An innocent comment made, in front of a twisted, demented soul, anywhere, by anyone that knew where they would be. Chilling.

eta: actually "soulless" describes him better.

Delphi is less than 3000 people. If he was a local or even a semi-local, he'd "know" them, in a way. Of course.

But I don't think there was a "specific" connection.

In fact, I just thought, because the town is so small, and bridge, "a landmark", is just a piece of junk, there is a chance that not too many people went by that bridge on Feb 13th and he had to be content with two teenagers, sorry to say (for lack of a better term).

BBM

I lived in a town roughly half the size of Delphi for several years. I had kids in school, and was involved in a few community activities. Still, it was remarkable how many folks remained strangers, as in names and faces. This was not my hometown, so that was partly a factor.

I believe BG’s identity will prove to be a degree or two separation — going with the six degrees of separation social connection theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak