Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #102

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve watched a Netflix series based on John Douglas’s book “Mindhunter.” Looking forward to the next season. I find criminal profiling fascinating.

Obviously it is just his opinion, but he pointed out that “Guys” was said in a way a teacher or coach would talk.... “Not an order”...familiarity.

Many stated the same here.

It seems informal, almost friendly way to speak to others...so BG was trying to sound young and informal until he showed his true intentions.
There might be other words between, "Guys...Down the hill."

ISP superintendent provides update on Delphi double murder investigation

Carter said that during his most recent press conference about the case two weeks ago that he's 110% convinced the person who committed the murders was watching.

Again, while Carter is not showing his hand, I believe he knows who BG is or at the very least has a very strong idea of who he is.

In his April presser, Carter showed STRONG feelings that I read as frustrated anger. IMHO, that was for many reasons from having barked up the wrong tree for so long with OBG, to finally finding a better fit in NBG. I would even go so far as to say he was showing his disgust at who a younger BG seemed to be.

With today's interview, he seemed more confident, answering questions about the current BG with fast answers and nodding his head to the affirmative. Yet, he paused his responses if it involved one of his "cards".

I think we're to a very delicate period in this investigation right now. And I don't doubt for one minute that we will be hearing more out of Indianapolis and Carter, even if it is rehashing of their current focus. It seems to me Carter wants to crawl under BGs skin and perhaps set up residence there.
MOO, MOO

Watch the new video of BG on the bridge again. When his right leg turns, you’ll note that it’s not a continuous movement. There's a definite break in the frames.

Police Release New Sketch of Suspect in Murders of Libby German and Abby Williams

Now look at the GIF that was posted back in May 2017 on the Image thread (Post 173). The three images posted by LE were used to create this GIF. Once again, you’ll see that the movement stops flowing at exactly the same point.

Found Deceased - IN - IMAGE discussion re Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi

Call me suspicious, but to me it looks like LE aren’t being honest about the new video and that it’s really a GIF.

I wonder if Libby's phone just caught bit's of him in the background while she was maybe videoing Abby and so they don't have a complete long video as such, but fragmented. Then she put it in her pocket as he approached and the rest is just audio.

Maybe this morning news show was primarily for further pressure on that “one person” who is afraid to step forward? And the mini official notice update this week. I see this as a building of societal pressure on the friend or family member who in their heart knows. What that person should realize is that we don’t view him/her too many notches above BG — assuming they have long had this inkling, and sat on facts coming together.

If it's the killer's parents, I highly doubt they'll ever turn him in.

Indiana cops say they are close to finding killer of Libby German and Abby Williams, but witness may be afraid to come forward
MAY 15, 2019

“No arrests have been made, but Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter told ABC’s “Good Morning America” on Wednesday that “we are one tip away from success.”

Carter said that the state police has received more than 42,000 tips, but there is one major tip that still needs to be delivered.
“If somebody knows something, they need to tell us. I think they’re afraid too,” he told ABC News. “Somebody knows who that person is.”

Snip

“Carter believes it is possible that a family member or a friend “knows something happened after that day.””

Every crime is just one tip away from being solved, if that one tip is, "I witnessed Jack Smith do this at 5:35pm on 3/2/18. Here is a photograph I took of him commiting the crime." I don't think that statement means anything.

If they truly believe this guy is a local then I find it so odd that this killer who was brazen and skilled enough to assault (most likely) and slaughter 2 girls in minutes in the middle of the day ... someone who was clever enough to have gotten away with it for 2 years had not killed previously and has not killed since. It just doesn't make sense that murdering 2 teens in broad daylight was his first and only kill.

We aren't talking about a husband murdering his wife or a parent murdering their child - those crimes; however planned out generally only happen the once. They are seeded in anger or frustration and are deeply personal. Randomly murdering 2 girls in the middle of the day seems so predatory and predators don't just strike once ... unless it wasn't as random as LE indicates. Maybe it was more personal ... anger, frustration, fear driven?

Maybe BG was walking around acting weird, muttering to himself or did something odd or even humorous to the girls, it triggered his RAGe and attacked them in a fit of rage using weapons in the environment: stone, large rock his own hands? Maybe he always carried a pocket knife?
What if the trigger was always being laughed at by girls and women maybe even his own Mother?

““This is very personal to me. And maybe it’s because I’m in the sunset of my career, but it’s the epitome of evil," Carter said. "Those two girls, once we tell you all we know about them you might understand a little bit more about why it’s so emotional, but I think of Abby and Libby all the time. I have their names etched in my desk. I think about them all the time, I think about their families and the community and what I saw in that community. It was like nothing I’ve ever experienced before. I’ve received full support from Gov. Holcomb and everybody across the street for us to do whatever we need to do.”

“I’m optimistic in humanity. I’m optimistic that the right thing happens over time and I don’t think this is any different," Carter said. "If you start losing sight of that then you allow this to just be okay and be normal and I don’t want to do that."“

ISP: We're 'one tip away' from solving Delphi murders

"Somewhere between the two sketches" could be any semi-caucasian male in the world. That's not real decisive.

As he mentioned, a sketch is not a photograph. Carter can’t be decisive that the witness was able to accurately recollect a face they saw a couple days earlier. If there was a mistake regarding the first sketch, I think LE emphasized the accuracy - “this is him” - a little too adamantly.

The person who drew the sketch even said it was only a ballpark likeness. I think the possible variance is also one of the reasons LE has repetitively requested that people cease and desist with the side-by-side FB comparisons, an exercise of futility. The sketch might accurately depict the suspect, but it might only vaguely resemble him. As more than two years have passed, today he probably looks much different.

In the WISH interview, Carter suggests the perp may be somewhere between the two sketches. About the 3:38 mark. Thoughts?

ISP superintendent provides update on Delphi double murder investigation
I interpreted this as him saying not that the perps looks may be somewhere between the two sketches.....but that the likeness of the perp is somewhere between the sketch and the 'photograph' aka the still pic taken from the video.

He says, 'remember a sketch is not a photograph, it is something similar to a resemblance.' I believe that he thinks that the perp looks both like the sketch and the photo.

I hope this came out right....

JMO
Edited to clarify

Last edited:
I always like to hear when new investigators are brought into cases, a fresh set of eyes to review evidence and even speak to witnesses and POI (even cleared ones) again.

Especially when and IF emotions may be go so deep it may affect one’s ability to compartmentalize or see the forest from the trees.

Last edited:
Qmfr:

““This is very personal to me. And maybe it’s because I’m in the sunset of my career, but it’s the epitome of evil," Carter said. "Those two girls, once we tell you all we know about them you might understand a little bit more about why it’s so emotional, but I think of Abby and Libby all the time. I have their names etched in my desk. I think about them all the time, I think about their families and the community and what I saw in that community. It was like nothing I’ve ever experienced before. I’ve received full support from Gov. Holcomb and everybody across the street for us to do whatever we need to do.”

“I’m optimistic in humanity. I’m optimistic that the right thing happens over time and I don’t think this is any different," Carter said. "If you start losing sight of that then you allow this to just be okay and be normal and I don’t want to do that."“

ISP: We're 'one tip away' from solving Delphi murders

Okay this quote gives me a really sick feeling:

“Those two girls, once we tell you all we know about them you might understand a little bit more about why it’s so emotional..”

What does he mean “once we tell you what all we know about them”...I think there is a lot in this sentence. Moo. I am interpreting this as perhaps related to exactly what all went down that day and perhaps COD, jmo. Because we know a lot about them, as much as we can anyway as third parties, their interests, etc, so what is he referring to? It’s obviously something he can’t tell us, as this is exactly what he is saying, “once we tell you”. As discussed, “the things made of nightmares” and “brutal murder” could be interpreted as being those things simply based on the single element of of course it’s brutal and a nightmare when any child is killed. But the above sentence, this seems like more than the quotes stating “brutal” and “nightmares”. It’s like something else happened that we don’t know about, something more that would wrench at all our hearts even more. My mind is going to places...

Last edited:
I am surprised that I haven't heard/read from too many people how insignificant they feel the tone of "guys" is within the audio clip.

In my opinion, he sounds like he's trying to come off non-offensive and approachable. It doesn't indicate, IMO, any type of authority or familiarity or distance or anything, really.

It's the same way I'd approach a group of kids I knew or construction workers that were making too much noise or a barista at a coffee shop or a clerk at a store or my own children or a class I substitute taught in or anyone, anywhere really.

I guess my point is that I don't feel the tone or the word, "guys," itself is indicative of who this clown is or what he does or where he's from. I'm in a cranky mood from the lack of progress in this investigation; sorry.

I also recently finished The Killing Season docuseries and am so disheartened to know how many murderers lurk among us and how many people - women especially - are being murdered without justice. I'm mad in that this guy could be anywhere by now, killing who-knows-how-many more people. In this day and age, with a frickin video of the perp, how can it be this easy to get away with murdering two young girls in the middle of the frickin day?!

I wonder if Libby's phone just caught bit's of him in the background while she was maybe videoing Abby and so they don't have a complete long video as such, but fragmented. Then she put it in her pocket as he approached and the rest is just audio.

I agree, I really doubt there’s a long video of his approach or that Libby was standing in one spot focusing her cellphone directly on him. The families surely know more than us and during a Dr Phil show, IIRC Libby’s grandmother described it like an unfocused video, cellphone was held down beside her, blindly swivelling, seeking to capture the man but in such a way that what she was doing was intended to go unnoticed. That she then put it in her pocket would also indicate an act of concealment.

I interpreted this as him saying not that the perp may somewhere between the two sketches.....but that the likeness of the perp is somewhere between the sketch and the 'photograph' aka the still pic taken from the video.

He says, 'remember a sketch is not a photograph, it is something similar to a resemblance.' I believe that he thinks that the perp looks both like the sketch and the photo.

I hope this came out right....

JMO

Interesting, so I listened again. I still believe he is talking about the two sketches. moo

I agree, I really doubt there’s a long video of his approach or that Libby was standing in one spot focusing her cellphone directly on him. The families surely know more than us and during a Dr Phil show, IIRC Libby’s grandmother described it like an unfocused video, cellphone was held down beside her, blindly swivelling, seeking to capture the man but in such a way that what she was doing was intended to go unnoticed. That she then put it in her pocket would also indicate an act of concealment.

I absolutely believe all of this to be true.

Qmfr:

Okay this quote gives me a really sick feeling:

“Those two girls, once we tell you all we know about them you might understand a little bit more about why it’s so emotional..”

What does he mean “once we tell you what all we know about them”...I think there is a lot in this sentence. Moo. I am interpreting this as related to what all went down that day and perhaps COD, jmo. Because we know a lot about what we know about them, their interests, etc, so what is he referring to?. As discussed, “The things made of nightmares” and “brutal murder” could be interpreted as being those things simply based on the single element of of course it’s brutal and a nightmare when any child is killed. But the above sentence, this seems like more than than the quotes stating “brutal” and “nightmares”. It’s like something else happened that we don’t know about, something more that would wrench at all our hearts even more. My mind is going to places...
I agree and my mind goes there also.
There were a few more clues that set my mind rolling. "It's bad".
and when they were found there was quite a bit of time passing
before they identified the girls. Sadly, it probably is more
grotesque and brutal than we originally suspected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leessa29