Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #104

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's cold at all. They evidently got something they needed from the vehicle info they asked the public for since 4/22 PC.

It was only asked about for a couple weeks, and then that information "poofed" from all the ISP sites.

I don't think it's cold at all. They evidently got something they needed from the vehicle info they asked the public for since 4/22 PC.

It was only asked about for a couple weeks, and then that information "poofed" from all the ISP sites.
The ISP statement released right after the PC, purportedly a summary of the info shared in the PC, said nothing about the vehicle, interestingly enough.

Could easily be explained by identifying the owner and coming up with nothing.

Just reading this again slowly and took another look. Derrick says did you see a couple of girls there? and the man says no but there's a couple down underneath. Did the "no" mean to say there no girls were on the bridge but a couple (of them) were underneath. In other words, did he mean "a couple" as a man and woman, two men, two women or the two girls? Was the "couple" ever verified?

One thing is for sure, LE knows the full version. The OG Derrick spoke to may’ve been known to him and instead BP used an anonymous descriptions to protect his identity. Following the reply regarding “the couple” wouldn’t it be likely DG might’ve asked a question or two such as who, where or when? If so, BP needn’t include any further details because the purpose of her abbreviated version was to explain why Derrick didn’t check out the bridge himself.

I think there’s nothing nefarious in asking this person to come forward. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s someone who already provided the specific information to LE and instead of revealing confidential information and “would Axxxx Bxxx please contact us again” (which gets the rumour mill going), the intentional evasiveness was a way to reach out to that same person once again. It might’ve even been the same person who “saw something” and was involved in the sketch because LE didn’t tell us when or where that occurred.

People move and don’t always change their DL and registration right away. It must be difficult for LE to keep track of 42,000 tipsters.

BBM

Indiana State Police release new sketch of Delphi murder suspect | Carroll County Calendar
EDITOR’S NOTE: During the press conference, the Indiana State Police Superintendent said authorities are also seeking the public’s help to identify the driver of a vehicle they say was parked at the old CPS/DCS Welfare Building in Delphi and later abandoned on the east side of CR 300N, next to the Hoosier Heartland Highway between noon and 5 p.m. on February 14, 2017. Police say if you were parked there or know who was, you should contact officers at the command post at the Delphi City Building.

My perspective is the opposite. I think the more rural, and smaller the group, the more involved the community would be in wanting to find a killer of two of their own. In the bigger cities that more populated atmosphere tends to dilute that community feeling and people get an it doesn't concern me attitude more often. JMO

I think in big cities, a serial killer would need to kill more for the inhabitants to realize that indeed, there is a serial killer on the loose. In a small rural area, if a serial killer preys there, the word will get around sooner.

Big city - Seattle - and two serial killers...

With Ted Bundy, the public grew truly scared of his activities when two women were abducted from Sammamish lake in the same day. Before, Bundy abducted the same types of women, but at different places, and there was no connection between them, so for a while, the cases were not linked. Another thing that made the public aware - and scared! - was the fact that most girls were college students. A family could easily imagine their daughters being in this situation.

About the Green River Killer, I was not even aware of the case when I first moved to Pacific Northwest. And GRK actually preyed in a very narrow area, one street of SeaTac. I think the fact that he preyed on prostitutes and young runaways, "problem" girls, often with difficult family situations, made him invincible for such a long time. Prostitutes migrate, so their disappearance was not registered for a while, and also, it might have given other women a false sense of security.

Now, in Delphi, a rural area, two girls were killed, and it is a huge case. Moreover, there is a question whether Flora, and even Evanston, cases, might be related.

Reading through Bundy's case, I am now wondering if the BG guy had a longer history, but if indeed, his preys were different and are not seemingly connected.

The Bundy's victims were connected in that they reminded him of his first love, a student at UW, who rejected him.

GRK was also driven by revenge, as he visited prostitutes during his service time and it probably ruined his first marriage.

I think this person, the BG, might have a certain victims list, but no one connects them, either, because the principle of selection is not obvious. He has a car, if he killed before, it was probably far away from Delphi, and if there is indeed something that connects his victims, maybe it is his revenge?

MOO - what if the connecting factor is age, high-middle schoolers? He did not touch a single hiker, a woman walking alone. And attacked teenagers.

Possibly he viewed them as middle/high schoolers, girls and boys, who once rejected his friendship? Reminding him of the kids he hated at school? Someone bullying him?

I think his victims would not be around Delphi. But I wonder if they would be around the same age as the girls. And of both sexes?

MOO. Just an idea.

Last edited:
My perspective is the opposite. I think the more rural, and smaller the group, the more involved the community would be in wanting to find a killer of two of their own. In the bigger cities that more populated atmosphere tends to dilute that community feeling and people get an it doesn't concern me attitude more often. JMO
I agree. I remember an old study that we discussed in my college Sociology class.

Researchers staged “emergencies” that varied from someone appearing to have a heart attack, fall, have car trouble, etc.

It was pretty much consistent that the fewer people that were around the more likely it was that someone would help - and that the time it took for someone to respond was shorter the fewer people were around.

The belief is that when there are more people around a lot of people will think that someone else already called for help or will help, may be better capable of helping and/or will second-guess helping because it seems others are not helping.

IMO these findings would quite possibly transfer over to the response from a small town vs a larger city.

I have found that small towns/rural areas tend to come together to help when something happens in their midst -if someone is sick or injured, their house burns, etc. It maybe that the people believe there are less social service programs available to help so they feel they have to rely on the people of the town themselves.

Just reading this again slowly and took another look. Derrick says did you see a couple of girls there? and the man says no but there's a couple down underneath. Did the "no" mean to say there no girls were on the bridge but a couple (of them) were underneath. In other words, did he mean "a couple" as a man and woman, two men, two women or the two girls? Was the "couple" ever verified?
I have the same question, have never seen where it has been verified. Maybe I missed it though.

Really confusing about vehicle...did they just learn there was one parked there...or have they known for 2+ years, and just not mentioned it until now? And if new info, how reliable would it be?

As Carter never said “we have reason to believe the murderer parked his car at the old CPS building from noon to 5pm on Feb 13th” on any of his subsequent media appearances, I don’t think it was intended to be important information that might be helpful in identifying the murderer. Neither does the FBI “Wanted” poster mention anything about it.

Particularly as he initially got the date wrong and said it was Feb 14th, if it was critical information surely he’d have repeated it again?

But I definitely think it’s a point worthy of LE’s clarification. Because if anyone is sitting on that “one tip”, left with the impression the murderer drove and parked a car from noon to 5pm at that location but it’s not so, LE ought to set the record straight.

This is the “flyer” from the FBI website. Has the description headline always read “Suspects” vs. “Suspect”?

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/abigail-williams/@@download.pdf

Over time LE has never ruled out the possibility more than one suspect was involved, or not that I ever noticed.

Is there more than one killer?
“In news conferences on the Delphi slayings, law-enforcement authorities have seemed to focus on searching for one, as-yet unknown man.

But Riley said that's not necessarily the case.

"There's still a possibility there may be more than one suspect," he said. "We have not narrowed it down to how many people have been involved in this."
Delphi murders: What we still don't know two years after the slayings of 2 teenagers

I agree. I actually take a little offense at the idea that rural places don't "want to put forth the energy." That hasn't been my experience at all. Also, grouping all rural places under the same umbrella can be troublesome, too. Every place has a bit of its own culture. My small town and community involvement may not be the same as someone else's.

Last edited:
The property and parking are very close to the new highway and is probably why it had to be abandoned by the state. I believe it burnt down then it was demolished but that is just my recollection so MOO on that.

Probably a dumbish question to ask at this point (since the CPS building is now gone), but... Does any WS-er know: Did LE find useful evidence** there before the building was demolished/burnt down, whether inside or in the general parking area? (I believe that someone here said that they had seen the building "boarded up", so I am guessing that it had been closed up tightly to keep people/critters out.)

**Other than a possible sighting of a vehicle parked there sometime between 12 noon and 5 p.m. on February 13, 2017.

Over time LE has never ruled out the possibility more than one suspect was involved, or not that I ever noticed.

Is there more than one killer?
“In news conferences on the Delphi slayings, law-enforcement authorities have seemed to focus on searching for one, as-yet unknown man.

But Riley said that's not necessarily the case.

"There's still a possibility there may be more than one suspect," he said. "We have not narrowed it down to how many people have been involved in this."
Delphi murders: What we still don't know two years after the slayings of 2 teenagers

I wonder about that, too, and the mention of a couple seen by the older guy Libby’s dad saw *twice*. The timeline would be so close to the crime. Two possible suspects , two girls, but only BG was caught on film.

Merely a theory at present, so bear with me.

The local aspect of it does make sense as an avenue to explore.

A local duo might be the case.

Don’t know, but hopefully tips have come in that are helpful in clarification.

It does make some sense there was an angle that involved knowing about the girls’ trip to the bridge. It could be have word of mouth or stalking. Maybe both.

This crime is solvable when the pieces are put together of who had the means, motive and opportunity/time.

IMO- thanks to all of you hang in here. It keeps the case moving in a small way, and interest alive.

Probably a dumbish question to ask at this point (since the CPS building is now gone), but... Does any WS-er know: Did LE find useful evidence** there before the building was demolished/burnt down, whether inside or in the general parking area? (I believe that someone here said that they had seen the building "boarded up", so I am guessing that it had been closed up tightly to keep people/critters out.)

**Other than a possible sighting of a vehicle parked there sometime between 12 noon and 5 p.m. on February 13, 2017.
Sorry for just cluing in on this; when did the building burn down? Before or after the murders?

Amateur opinion and speculation

You know, the car question keeps coming up from the presser. It seems it’s not coming up all in in subsequent interviews with Carter.

Yes, there had to be some sort of car that made it up the investigatory ladder to be included in the presser.

Why would anyone park at an abandoned building near the bridge on that day? If so, why hasn’t the person stepped forward? Maybe they have, and it hasn’t been released, fwiw.

IMO.

Murders occur and two years later:

“We are just beginning. We are just now beginning...”

Oh, and that sketch we’ve been circulating all this time? Scratch that:

“For more than 2 years, you never thought we would shift gears to a different investigative strategy. But we have.”

Here’s another word, two steps, location of a potential vehicle of interest, and a sketch we had all along.

The kicker:

Oh, and he’s

MOO no one knows what the police gather in from their requests. Hopefully helpful
information.

BBM

wait, burned? Possibly by someone interested in destroying/obliterating evidence?

or just regular vandals?

or better yet a Fire Department practicing with an office building?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member