Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #104

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so here's where I see the danger in speculation...

You look at the picture of BG and you don't see anything on the leg. Just looks like pant legs.

A month later, a dude in another county kills someone. First murder. No criminal record whatsoever. Dude looks somewhat like BG, though not anymore than a plethora of others have. Still...that seed is planted. If THIS guy killed someone, maybe he also killed the girls? He does resemble the sketch...

So you start doing research into this guy. The height is off, the weight is off, and there's nothing in his past to indicate that he would've comitted a double murder but since he killed this other person and LE hasn't provided us with a POI, why not?

The more you dig, the more you find out about the dude. He played sports in high school and he hurt his leg, requiring him to wear a leg brace. His dad is also a construction worker and weighs about 60 pounds more than him.

You look back at the picture and, suddenly, you're seeing things that weren't there before. What if that is NOT a shadow or wrinkle on his pants? What if it's a leg brace? And now that you're looking, BG does seem to be thinner and taller than you once thought. A former basketball player perhaps?

And when you sleuth the dude's dad you see a picture of him on FB wearing a baseball cap with crossbones.

Why, you'd always wondered what that thing was on BG's head! Now you can clearly see that it's a baseball cap with crossbones on it. And the baggy jeans MUST belong to his dad. He probably wore them to throw people off (even though those jeans and that hat can be purchased at more than a dozen area stores and people of all ages wear them).

That's where I think this starts to become a slippery slope. Instead of evidence pointing to a person, in many cases a person is found first and the evidence is re-framed to fit that person. That's one of the ways that innocent people start getting in trouble.

I've been on here since the girls went missing and depending on who the idea of BG was at the moment, the things he's worn and carried have changed. When people thought it was the guy out in CO, people were seeing a hatchet in his hand-as well as the exact make and model of the gun that the other guy carried. And so on and so forth.

We DON'T have anything to do but speculate right now. That's pretty much all we got. But IMO care still needs to be taken with it.

While I see what you are getting at and agree we need caution, LE would not be touting this far and wide unless they needed this talked about and kept in the forefront of discussion IMO.

Well I would then have to wonder why LE deemed it necessary to release this video if they did not think it was important and that something unique or useful would be seen or recognised.

There ARE important things in it-things that should stand out to people who know BG. He does several things in that video that, if he were my loved one, I'd probably recognize. His gait may be thrown off because of the bridge but what about...

- the way he slightly hunches his shoulders forward
- the way he stuffs his hand in his pocket as he walks
- the way he shifts his weight when he's about to turn
- the way he holds his head slightly to the side
- the way he seems to carry his weight more in his upper body
- the shape of his body, even in the "baggy" clothes

None of those things on their own is extraordinary in any way. You'll find millions who do it the same way. But when you put them all together...

And this is why they're appealing to someone who knows him. It's about the whole picture, not just the jeans he's wearing or the shoes we can barely see.

While I see what you are getting at and agree we need caution, LE would not be touting this far and wide unless they needed this talked about and kept in the forefront of discussion IMO.

Which is exactly what I said on the previous page.

The best I can do is to keep sharing the links and keep the story alive and the discussion going. The worst thing that can happen to a case is for people to forget about it.

There ARE important things in it-things that should stand out to people who know BG. He does several things in that video that, if he were my loved one, I'd probably recognize. His gait may be thrown off because of the bridge but what about...

- the way he slightly hunches his shoulders forward
- the way he stuffs his hand in his pocket as he walks
- the way he shifts his weight when he's about to turn
- the way he holds his head slightly to the side
- the way he seems to carry his weight more in his upper body
- the shape of his body, even in the "baggy" clothes

None of those things on their own is extraordinary in any way. You'll find millions who do it the same way. But when you put them all together...

And this is why they're appealing to someone who knows him. It's about the whole picture, not just the jeans he's wearing or the shoes we can barely see.

And what if that person has recognised him for more than the last two years and is not going to come forward anyway? The wider audience the better these days imo.

One of the great things about WS is that discussions aren't limited to one particular kind. In addition to people posting about what they think they see, it's just as valid to listen to the people posting about what they don't see-and why.

Yah honestly I don’t think he has anything that’s tucked down the leg of his pants.

Distortion couple with the fact that BG is walking on an old rotted and in between missing railroad ties, is likely what’s being seen in the video

Also I’m not sure a positive Id of any object can be accertained for certain just because of the shear pixilation in the quality of the original images/video.

One thing I’m certain of, nobody is walking around with a full size 12lb axe hanging down their pant leg
When I first looked at the stills I thought I saw a long object down the front leg right pants but then the next picture where the opposite leg was moving forward the object showed up on that leg. I thought it looked like a club, mini baseball bat or a short rifle. But once I realized it changed from side to side with his stride- I decided it was just the folds of his baggy pants
So MOO no axe hatchet or other object.
ETA. Corrected spelling

When I first looked at the stills I thought I saw a long object down the front leg right pants but then the next picture where the opposite leg was moving forward the object showed up on that leg. I thought it looked like a climb, mini baseball bat or a short rifle. But once I realized it changed from side to side with his stride- I decided it was just the folds of his baggy pants
So MOO no axe hatchet or other object.

I think the video really showed the difference. I changed my mind about things once I saw him walking. For one thing, he looks thinner IMO.

Ok. What don't I see -

A young man,
An athletic man
A woman
A non white person
A news boy cap
A tidy man
A clean man
A jogger
A nice man
A friendly man
A fat man
Glasses
Cigarette smoke
Rucksack
Walking stick

That's about it but probably more will come to mind.

Because he was walking along an unstable surface.

They specifically said that his gait is not normal for him.

That’s not the normal way he walks.

I missed that. Can you give a link? So how can someone recognise his gait if it not his normal gait? That is difficult even for whoever may think they know him.

So it's not his normal gait and he may look younger than he is. Ie younger than 20-40's.

how can they categorically say its not his normal gait?? unless they know who it is

Maybe because it's an uneven surface. You don't just walk with one foot over the other on that bridge, and I don't know anyone who walks at their normal pace. There's a lot of things to sidestep, step over, etc. There are missing boards that cause you to take really big steps in some places. There are rotten boards that cause you to step gingerly in other places. Then there's whole thing about balance. If the video had been taken of him walking on level ground then it would've been a more accurate representation of his regular gait.

Ha! How dare you.

No points for originality, but it’s definitely possible.

The best I can come up with is the guy in the video is a man, and he’s wearing jeans.

They appear to be blue.
Do his jeans looked to be cuffed? They seem like they could be to me. I notice it because it was a bugaboo with my Dad. We used to tease him, are you waiting on the flood? I don't think cuffing jeans is particularly in style anymore? At least I don't see it around here.

I missed that. Can you give a link? So how can someone recognise his gait if it not his normal gait? That is difficult even for whoever may think they know him.

So it's not his normal gait and he may look younger than he is. Ie younger than 20-40's.
“Because of the deteriorated condition of the bridge, the suspect is not walking naturally.”

7:27 mark.

Here you go:

Delphi murders update 2019: Here's what we know about unsolved killings of Abby and Libby

At the same April press conference, police released a video of the suspect walking on the railroad bridge. Indiana State Police noted that because of the condition of the bridge, the man is not walking normally.

This is such a frustrating case. I really thought they(LE) were close to solving it. I just want justice and closure for the family

Unfortunately, I now think they(LE) have missed and possibly botched many parts of the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper