Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #105

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that it matters but I didn’t scream when I was held at gun point at work. One second I was on the phone with my mom next second there was a gun against my temple.

Dear Tssiemer,

I can't even imagine such a frightening situation!

Thank goodness you survived this.

I am deeply sorry to hear that you experienced this traumatic event.

HockeyMom330 did make an excellent point as Zen has pointed out.
I agree that a close associate would absolutely recognize his gait while walking across that bridge; as they had before.

Some Cowardly blighter isn't speaking up. For this, I wish them endless and sleepless nights and that their bowels are in a constant uproar. And other stuff too, but you get the idea.

Amateur opinion and speculation

RBBM

LOL. Very well put!

Nah, this is just the way he talks. Compare to Flora fire.

ISP: There is no cover-up in Flora investigation

... said Supt. Carter. “I’d give my life to find out who killed those little girls.”

I mean, there are people who are emotional with words, but it is just them.

ETA: I agree, there may be certain burnout because Delphi cases have pulled attention of the nation to that police department. It is probably hard to work under a lot of scrutiny.

I think he's a good man. I appreciate the emotion. And I think he's able to express that while still doing his job and working as part of a professional team to solve this case.

HockeyMom330 did make an excellent point as Zen has pointed out.
I agree that a close associate would absolutely recognize his gait while walking across that bridge; as they had before.

Some Cowardly blighter isn't speaking up. For this, I wish them endless and sleepless nights and that their bowels are in a constant uproar. And other stuff too, but you get the idea.

My father in law walked with his hands behind his back. Even over dicey terrain. He said it gave him balance. Of course, it scared us all to death as he would have been a goner
(or broken teeth and nose) had he tripped.

I think he's a good man. I appreciate the emotion. And I think he's able to express that while still doing his job and working as part of a professional team to solve this case.

Slightly OT, but the link to the article about the Flora fire investigation is a bit disturbing, including the fact that ISP thought the fire was "accidental" for several months before noticing it wasn't. :(

Then there's the lack of communication with the family to provide updates on the investigation. Also problematic is the family being harassed by people who had worked on the investigation. :eek: Why would any professional investigator do that?

And the case still hasn't been solved nearly 3 years later? I realize this case isn't connected to Abby & Libby's murders, but, JMO, reading about it causes me to have some concerns about the ISP.

Family shares memories of 4 sisters killed in Flora fire

I’m watching the virtually a detective series about this case on YT. The guy is just interviewing the family members and it’s interesting. Actually, the best interviews I’ve seem so far, but I’ve only seen the 2 with KG and the one with MP and BP.

Both interviews with KG were very interesting. In the first she talks about LG and the type of person she was and the bridge (popular place for people KG’s age). In the second one at about 2 minutes 52 seconds in she starts talking about the movie The Shack. This interview was in September 2018.

I had never heard of this movie prior to the April PC and now it’s referenced twice in discussions about this investigation. So weird!

Edit: I’m wondering if BG IS following the case and LE knows it.

Last edited:
Your speculation could certainly be accurate.
I am guessing otherwise.

I think the Perp had his maneuver well planned, and most likely had some "dry runs". I do not believe the murders of these children happened quickly, as demented Perps like this want to take the time to burnish the memory of the murders in their minds.

Do you think the girls were still alive and being captive when the dad came looking for them? Not much time passed from the Snapchat picture of Abby to the time of the dad's arrival.

Do you think the girls were still alive and being captive when the dad came looking for them? Not much time passed from the Snapchat picture of Abby to the time of the dad's arrival.

Going by statistics for young girls abducted, assaulted and murdered, it was probably done rather quickly. Being near the park/hiking trail where people were still walking around, the killer probably didn't want to linger or risk the girls escaping, fighting back or calling for help. JMO

I agree. Especially in broad daylight. It seems counterintuitive for the murderer to drag out the demise of these girls. I think it was quickly carried out, in my opinion he went there knowing exactly what he was going to do.

Going by statistics for young girls abducted, assaulted and murdered, it was probably done rather quickly. Being near the park/hiking trail where people were still walking around, the killer probably didn't want to linger or risk the girls escaping, fighting back or calling for help. JMO

I'm relying on the LE quote that Libby's photo of Abby on the bridge was taken "minutes" before the girls were killed. While we've discussed the meaning of "minutes" in prior threads, and technically any period longer than 119 seconds could be referred to as "minutes", I think the wording of the statement was intentional and precise. I.e., the girls were murdered not immediately after the picture was taken (while they were still on the bridge, not fully across it, nor yet ordered "down the hill"), but most likely less than an hour afterward – so probably before 3:07 pm, as the photo posted at 2:07.

MOO

God bless you, you survived it <3

Yes, blessings to all the websleuthers who have faced armed criminals or other assaults and have survived with the will to share the knowledge their own experiences gave them, including @Tssiemer and @mtnlites. It's not a club anyone would ever choose to join, but by trying to help find and convict other criminals you demonstrate that the bad guys in your past didn't "win" - they didn't scare you into hiding and silence. Kudos.

I agree. Betty, do you know, has it ever been discussed about news helicopter video footage showing clothing in the creek? TIA

Most likely.

Could be, but I live in a small town (though it's surrounded by other towns - some small and some not-so-small) and even though we may not know everyone in town we do tend to notice someone that we haven't seen before. I think in the wake of the murders, with everyone being on edge, people would have had a heightened sense of awareness of who came in and out of town.

The population of my town (3600) is similar to Delphi (I believe) but is smaller in area. Even if some of the residents may not notice people coming and going and who "belongs", our cops definitely notice things.
What if the killer is known to LE but for seemingly unrelated activities, say drugs or domestic violence. What if said new/recent girlfriend lived in Delphi or immediate area and was herself well known around town as well as her family? Most people would likely not give this guy a second look. Firstly, because they don't really know him, and because he's hanging out with so and so's daughter. He's hiding in plain sight.

Yes, of course they do! But I am speaking about BG who appears to be male. Forensic glasses were at Purdue (probably men and women) and her interest in welding is typically male dominated. These particular instances may have been places where BG and Libby potentially crossed paths.

They could have crossed paths there (not sure), but to me, her interests indicate that she was a gifted girl, equally good with her head and hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member