Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #105

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My stupidity...how is one tip going to solve this crime?

Because it might bring all the circumstantial stuff together... it might actually provide an identification of the BG and for once and for last, the piece of information needed to explain the motive and why these girls. Tips are needed because without them, the investigators can’t do their job as expediently. Of course, it would be awesome if BG stepped forward himself, but am not holding my breath. It has happened before the killler does that, so maybe. One tip could make all the difference in the world.

I was looking for this quote below a couple of days ago. I’ve no idea why it’s taken two years to confirm the voice and photo are of the same man but Carter now says so. Also “guys” and “down the hill” is the audio of the same person.

Aor 22/19
“Please keep in mind that the person talking is one person and is the person on the bridge with the girls" Carter said. "This is not two people speaking. Please listen to it very, very carefully."...”
ISP says new audio, video and sketch shows Delphi killer

Last edited:
Because it might bring all the circumstantial stuff together... it might actually provide an identification of the BG and for once and for last, the piece of information needed to explain the motive and why these girls. Tips are needed because without them, the investigators can’t do their job as expediently. Of course, it would be awesome if BG stepped forward himself, but am not holding my breath. It has happened before the killler does that, so maybe. One tip could make all the difference in the world.
One tip would disqualify an alibi.

Investigators have repeated over and over they have reason to believe YGB has some type of personal tie to Delphi.

Not only was YBG able to abduct Abby and Libby through difficult terrain ‘in a privately owned close knit rural community’ but he went virtually unchallenged. In addition most homeowners have dogs trained to dispatch trespassers. Yet YBG was able to commit a heartbreaking abduction and murders without once being challenged throughout the execution of his crime and escape.

The only scenario I can come up with is ‘he was on friendly terms with residents schedules, animals and habits’. I cannot buy that he garnered all of the above due to sheer good luck.

MOO

In any urban area, any megapolis, there are many places where murders can be committed.

In a very populous state, MA, in my old town, there were places where murders could be potentially committed in broad daylight. Not all the time, but with a little bit of luck, yes.

If murder could be committed in Ramsey’s house and unsolved till now... someone was smart, but also, lucky.

And Delphi is farmland. Low population density. The murderer doesn’t need to be on a good footing with either people or animals. He needs a little bit of luck.

This is feeling like the movie, "Groundhog Day". Every day I check in here and every day there is no arrest. :mad:

Can you imagine how it feels to the relatives? How they wake up every day?

I watched some YouTube about the Pattys - it seemed to me that they had left things in the house like they used to be in Libby’s time. And then BP said something along the lines of learning to live without Libby, something like, we are not going to have new photos of her so we cherish the ones we have. And I thought that to move on, to even change something, anything, in the house, both families need to have this closure, the arrest.

"Surprised a bit that there hasn’t been more TALK in town since the presser"
How would we know? Are you local? If so you may be able to post as a verified insider.
Perhaps all in town are afraid of embarrassing themselves with a suspicion, that they have, but themselves consider highly unlikely.

Just catching up on this thread, but I did not see anyone mention this article:
Cops Send Evidence To FBI In Indiana Teens Abigail Williams & Liberty German’s Murder

"Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby told RadarOnline.com exclusively that they were hoping for a break in the case of Indiana teens Abigail WilliamsOpens a New Window. and Liberty GermanOpens a New Window.’s gruesome murders after they sent new evidence to the FBI headquarters in Quantico. Williams and German went missing on Feb. 13, 2017 and the following day their slaughtered bodies were found in Delphi, IN. German captured the man police say killed the girls on her cell phoneOpens a New Window. and a picture and audio of him saying “Down the hill,” was released. “We sent more evidence to the FBI at Quantico just before Christmas,” Sheriff Leazenby told Radar in an exclusive interview and said they were doing “DNA testing research,” with regards to the case. "

A simple hoodie over a hat and a scarf can conceal ID pretty easily. and toss out the blue jacket, and hat, remove hat viola different ID. Might have had on black running sweatpants or longjohns and a tight black shirt underneath. Presto chango goes from frumpy beer belly old guy to young, slim runner concerned citizen within minutes.
Either had a fanny pack, backpack, duffel bag or hide all of it or in his trunk of his car.
bbm

Imagine, he is wearing this clothing, you are describing, puts a shorts over the "all black" (or doesn't), beanie on his head, headphones on and now starts running like every other athlete would do for a "workout" on a nice sunny February day ...
Because of his task, to escape as a well-dressed, normal runner, I'm always thinking, he wasn't covered in blood. The MO might be different than what we are thinking perhaps.
Maybe, BG's shoes were the same as before (in the video they seem (for me) not to be the shoes, an average man would wear, fitting with dad jeans and boring blouson). Maybe, they were suitable running shoes.

All IMO and thoughts only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just catching up on this thread, but I did not see anyone mention this article:
Cops Send Evidence To FBI In Indiana Teens Abigail Williams & Liberty German’s Murder

"Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby told RadarOnline.com exclusively that they were hoping for a break in the case of Indiana teens Abigail WilliamsOpens a New Window. and Liberty GermanOpens a New Window.’s gruesome murders after they sent new evidence to the FBI headquarters in Quantico. Williams and German went missing on Feb. 13, 2017 and the following day their slaughtered bodies were found in Delphi, IN. German captured the man police say killed the girls on her cell phoneOpens a New Window. and a picture and audio of him saying “Down the hill,” was released. “We sent more evidence to the FBI at Quantico just before Christmas,” Sheriff Leazenby told Radar in an exclusive interview and said they were doing “DNA testing research,” with regards to the case. "

MOO I was going to post it, and I hope its accurate since Radar online is mostly celebrity gossip.

Last edited:
The murder of two innocent teens is pretty bad. BG is a coward. This wasn't self-defense. How could BG's parents or families know he wouldn't strike again or attack them next?!
I think, he possibly isn't living with his family and his parents have no clue. If they ever saw his pic (and if they recognized him), we don't know at this time. IF the parents had some doubts at all, maybe, they are sure, "a painting of a person is not like a photo", as Carter said (similar wording). IMO

Investigators have repeated over and over they have reason to believe YGB has some type of personal tie to Delphi.

Not only was YBG able to abduct Abby and Libby through difficult terrain ‘in a privately owned close knit rural community’ but he went virtually unchallenged. In addition most homeowners have dogs trained to dispatch trespassers. Yet YBG was able to commit a heartbreaking abduction and murders without once being challenged throughout the execution of his crime and escape.

The only scenario I can come up with is ‘he was on friendly terms with residents schedules, animals and habits’. I cannot buy that he garnered all of the above due to sheer good luck.

MOO

bbm
Maybe, he is so very smart to know, that LE would think so: must be of the area, must be living in the area, must have connections to the area - and he is NOT. IMO and thoughts.

bbm
Maybe, he is so very smart to know, that LE would think so: must be of the area, must be living in the area, must have connections to the area - and he is NOT. IMO and thoughts.

True. The police know he probably has close ties, but are aware someone could scouted the area well in advance to fake that local knowledge.

My mind changes weekly on this case. One week I have my POI and am convinced it is him then I learn different information about the case and I am leaning towards a different POI.
It will probably turn out like the Jayme Closs case and be someone no one would have ever suspected
This case drives me CRAZY!!

The terrain is really steep except in certain areas. Along that road on the south end of the bridge when you go East of the bridge the terrain gets real steep off the edge of the road.

This is a LIDAR plus Elevation and Hydrology of the the area of the bridge area and you can see what the ground looks like under all of those trees and the steepness of the hills.
The road leads to the house on at the end of the road not to the creek. At the shortest distance to the creek from that road the terrain is very steep.

Here are two frames from the helicopter video after the girls had been found. The first frame (23:56 into the video) is a wide shot that shows the lay of the land east of the bridge on the south side of the creek. The second frame (13:25 into the video) is a closer shot that shows a narrower portion of the same road. You can see how steep the embankment is along that road except where it is closest to the bridge itself.

ETA: A screenshot from the county GIS that has the Road Overlay added to show the path of the road.
Thanks for these images. Those hills look steep.

So, here is a thought prompted by looking at these pics:

What if one of the girls died by accident? Then the guy makes a snap decision to kill the other, because he cannot allow himself be connected to an accident under the circumstances that he found himself in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member