Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #105

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The jeans that BG is wearing do not look like they are of the loose style that many young people wear. IMO they are someone else's jeans, or he may've recently lost weight.

The jeans that BG is wearing do not look like they are of the loose style that many young people wear. IMO they are someone else's jeans, or he may've recently lost weight.
Or intentionally oversized to accommodate the murderous tools he was carrying...

Amateur opinion and speculation

(snipped by me for focus)
So then at least a part of the Monon Bridge High Trail was a terminus (for the trains that used to use the now non-existent rails)? Yes? (from a train "junkie":)) Interesting.

Thanks, @mtnlites, for providing "insider" knowledge on the local area; much appreciated!
No part of the Monon High Bridge Trail represents a terminus of the original train route. It only ends now because beyond the south end is now private land.

You're very welcome. It was broadcast last night but I couldn't watch it til this morning.

The little snippets interspersed here and there with ISP Carter talking at the April PC, seeing them like that, I swear everytime he mentions anything about the killer being from Delphi or maybe in the room, age group he looks to be directly looking to the right, at someone, at that moment, with purpose. Anyone else ever get that feeling?

Yes, and I spent quite a bit of time with the video trying to figure out who it might have been. Nobody obvious jumped out at me. Several people on that side of the room were reporters and camerapeople, so maybe he was just looking sincerely into a camera.

He consulted his notes frequently. I think nearly everything he said was tightly scripted.

Finally caught up again. You guys can certainly chatter. All thoughtful stuff.

A couple of Q's that crossed my mind and hoping someone may know or have opinion on.

What Individual or Agency will have ultimately made the call not to use YBG sketch at the time it was first available?

Imo, LE are to some extent aware of SM and websites such as WS re this case. Given that the general public prob get info from 1 or 2 sources at most and arent as obsessively aware of contradictions or minute differences of wordage or intonation etc as here, do you think LE are aware of the contradictory nature of info being released depending on source/individual LE/intvw etc? ( Even given that some info is deliberately obfuscated). The recent post re DC being seemingly unaware of the dna statement of fellow LE/Law source for instance.

What point or points would members add to a list of clarifications needed?

Outside of Operational reasons, if LE are aware of such instances, why do they not clarify? ( not factual clarifications like the 13th feb not 14th meant or 'abandoned' etc) why can there be no 'on message' unity of info across agencies/individuals.

Coffee needed.

BBM - I think it was a collaborative effort amongst all of the agencies. Jurisdictionally I think it’s the sheriffs office’s case and they are working jointly with ISP with assistance from the PD and FBI. That’s how it would work were I’m from. If a homicide occurred out side of the city limits (PD jurisdiction), but within the county (SO jurisdiction). The county can opt to have state LE take the lead, but the heads of the various agencies will still act as spokespeople. TMI probably.

I think LE is aware of SM. There is a ton of info that can be gleaned, but I think they are more concerned with the actual SM posts from people they suspect or associates (speaking in general terms not specifically to this case). I don’t think they are real worried if SM thinks their statements are perceived as contradictory unless it’s something like stating wrong dates or something like that.

If so, I would think there would be some record of him having violent outbursts prior.
This is a huge crime and I can't imagine it's his first violent crime.
Maybe a domestic violence issue - verbal and/or physical - against a parent, sibling, partner? I don’t think it would be a frequent or ongoing issue as this would likely have put him on LE’s radar. But maybe a one-time outburst when things were particularly stressful.

Yes, and I spent quite a bit of time with the video trying to figure out who it might have been. Nobody obvious jumped out at me. Several people on that side of the room were reporters and camerapeople, so maybe he was just looking sincerely into a camera.

He consulted his notes frequently. I think nearly everything he said was tightly scripted.

I think they words were scripted, but not the emotion.

Watched ID channel's Still a Mystery: "Down the Hill". Some things said:

When the video was taken of BG coming towards them, "about 40 feet away", narrator says, "the only way to get to the spot that Libby's Dad was supposed to pick them up was to cross [back over] the narrow bridge". Then Abby's Mom says, "They couldn't pass each other. They were gonna have to wait for him to come to the side before they could go and I don't believe there's any running when it comes to a bridge like that". Later in the program after it being said that police did allow her to hear and see more of the audio and video, Abby's Mom says, "Libby says something like, well the path ends here so we can't go any farther".

RSBM

Hi sunshineray,

Thank you for this post!

I vaguely remember at the very beginning there was police tape just off the far end of the MHB. Far end referring to the end that is not on the trail side. Knowing now that the girls were off the bridge when BG approached them could explain the police tape, which always puzzled me trying to figure out what they found there. I think it was shown in either Julie’s video when she taped her walk across the bridge (her youtube channel is linked upstream) or in footage from one of the news channels.

JMO

~RIP M+J

Sorry guys. I'm not ignoring the posts that ask me questions about the bridge. Sorry to go OT, but my seriously ill daughter, who we thought was improving, got worse this afternoon. I didn't want you to think I bailed.
mtnlites, I’m sorry to hear your daughter is ill. I hope she is on the mend soon.

Sorry guys. I'm not ignoring the posts that ask me questions about the bridge. Sorry to go OT, but my seriously ill daughter, who we thought was improving, got worse this afternoon. I didn't want you to think I bailed.

Don’t worry about things like that - Your daughter is more important. Hope she gets better soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist