Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #106

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone found a video of this Crime Con segment from last weekend? I’ve noticed other videos including Paul Holes intention of focusing on the Delphi case on some upcoming show, but nothing on the panel discussion.

“The murders of Abby Williams and Libby German in Delphi back in 2017 will be discussed at Crime Con Saturday. Abby and Libby’s family members will be there along with Sergeant Kim Riley from Indiana State Police.

HLN journalist Susan Hendricks will moderate the discussion which will be titled “Delphi Murders: Two Years Too Long for Justice.”...

......The Delphi panel will be Saturday, June 8 from 4 to 5 p.m.”
Crimecon To Discuss Delphi Murders

BBM- I have a feeling point of LE seeking the driver of the vehicle parked by the Child Welfare Services on 2/13/17 was mainly about rattling BG or sending him a message, more than anything else.

MOO

are they positive it is BG? Then a message would not suffice.

Wishing the best of luck to the family.

Re: Crime Con.

...still looking, I did find this from HLN:

HLN
If you are not a Crime Con, don’t worry, HLN is recording the session and will bring highlights to you soon.
(Link also contains one brief clip of Abby’s grandmother.)

Just going by general comments here and there, it doesn’t seem anything new was mentioned, again asking for that “one tip”. But I’m always inspired by watching the family members and how remarkably dedicated they are in their pursuit of seeking answers.

Last edited:
are they positive it is BG? Then a message would not suffice.

Wishing the best of luck to the family.

In that at the beginning of the PC, immediately after thanking the folks of Delphi for their cooperation and support of the investigation, that Carter asked the driver of the vehicle parked from noon to 5pm to please contact one of the officers at the Delphi Command post, I’m certain he was not referring to BG.

I sounded to me as if they were reaching out to someone who already had offered a tip whom LE wanted to speak to again but had no other means of contacting that person other than to repeat vague collaborating information. Nothing in his tone indicated with person was involved in the murders whatsoever.

Because the ask has never been repeated I think it’s safe to assume their request was successful.

Last edited:
In that at the beginning of the PC, immediately after thanking the folks of Delphi for their cooperation and support of the investigation, that Carter asked the driver of the vehicle parked from noon to 5pm to please contact one of the officers at the Delphi Command post, I’m certain he was not referring to BG.

I sounded to me as if they were reaching out to someone who already had offered a tip whom they wanted to speak to again but had no other means of contacting that person other than to repeat collaborating information.

Oh? Could they not locate the person via the plates?

Oh? Could they not locate the person via the plates?

Not everyone who moves changes their plates or DL immediately if they move. Maybe an address was not given or it was transcribed incorrectly.

It might also be a matter of confidentiality, to have the person contact them as opposed to arousing suspicion, depending on the circumstances.

All we can do is guess but in watching the video of the PC, I detected absolutely nothing nefarious in Carter’s manner of asking. He definitely did not directly link the car or driver to the newly released sketch in fact that part of the PC followed after the request for the driver to please contact the Delphi command post.

Last edited:

I sounded to me as if they were reaching out to someone who already had offered a tip whom LE wanted to speak to again but had no other means of contacting that person other than to repeat vague collaborating information. Nothing in his tone indicated with person was involved in the murders whatsoever.

Because the ask has never been repeated I think it’s safe to assume their request was successful.

OK got it. So they are fine with that car and the driver.

I am thinking what would I do, as the relative. If the case were seemingly hopeless, as it seems.

Sell everything I have, hire a PI, and start anew. But that is me.

OK got it. So they are fine with that car and the driver.

I am thinking what would I do, as the relative. If the case were seemingly hopeless, as it seems.

Sell everything I have, hire a PI, and start anew. But that is me.

I don’t think we can conclude a relative was the driver of the car or it was a tip that might directly result in an arrest. Considering the new direction LE is probably reviewing a lot of older information that might’ve been not considered pertinent until recently.

When Carter mentioned the parked car, he originally stated the date was Feb 14th. A day later it was updated to Feb 13th. But I still wonder if Feb 14th was in fact the correct date and the person they wanted to talk to had given prior information regarding something suspicious about someone involved in the search. Maybe LE was in the process of reaching out a second time to everybody involved that day? Carter certainly seemed sure the killer was closely invested, someone “hiding in plain sight”.

Last edited:
Has anyone found a video of this Crime Con segment from last weekend? I’ve noticed other videos including Paul Holes intention of focusing on the Delphi case on some upcoming show, but nothing on the panel discussion.

“The murders of Abby Williams and Libby German in Delphi back in 2017 will be discussed at Crime Con Saturday. Abby and Libby’s family members will be there along with Sergeant Kim Riley from Indiana State Police.

HLN journalist Susan Hendricks will moderate the discussion which will be titled “Delphi Murders: Two Years Too Long for Justice.”...

No I haven't seen anything so far. Have been looking out for it. All I found was a tweet of a picture that Sgt Riley posted and I linked upthread.

I have watched one more PC (2018) and the interview 6 months after the crime with Holman and I have not found where LE references the 2:07 SC. I really think the time is not accurate and it became a “fact” based on a FB post that the media just ran with.

If I’m correct and the girls were dropped off at one of the times I’ve seen stated (1:35 KG, 1:38 BP, or 1:45 GH) and it takes approximately 10 minutes to walk from the drop off to the spot on the bridge the photo was taken then you can add extra time to any of the possible scenarios out there.

If anyone can find LE stating or verifying the time was 2:07 let me know. If this has already been discussed previously and you know where about in the threads it occurred I’d like to know that too. Will keep searching.

Not everyone who moves changes their plates or DL immediately if they move. Maybe an address was not given or it was transcribed incorrectly.

It might also be a matter of confidentiality, to have the person contact them as opposed to arousing suspicion, depending on the circumstances.

All we can do is guess but in watching the video of the PC, I detected absolutely nothing nefarious in Carter’s manner of asking. He definitely did not directly link the car or driver to the newly released sketch in fact that part of the PC followed after the request for the driver to please contact the Delphi command post.

I'm not sure that's why they asked about the vehicle and driver. If they have lost a tip then that's pretty careless of them but the location of this vehicle of interest makes me think they would have had several people know what was parked there at that time. I think it clearly had something to do with the crime yet it was discounted early on for some reason. Now they want more witnesses placing it there, who have since clearly come forward . The person who left that vehicle there, will know they are back under the microscope again IMO.

Nothing yet. I did find an interview with AW’s grandmother.

I'm not sure that's why they asked about the vehicle and driver. If they have lost a tip then that's pretty careless of them but the location of this vehicle of interest makes me think they would have had several people know what was parked there at that time. I think it clearly had something to do with the crime yet it was discounted early on for some reason. Now they want more witnesses placing it there, who have since clearly come forward . The person who left that vehicle there, will know they are back under the microscope again IMO.

I don’t think they lost a tip either. What I suggested is perhaps they wanted to re-contact someone who had earlier provided information.

In the early days they had officers from all over assisting. In the 3 weeks following the murders LE already had received 10,000 tips. That’s an incredible number! As LE knows more now than they did then, were the right questions always asked? Probably not but that’s not the fault of LE. That’s just a normal occurrence of an ongoing investigation. It would seem prudent to me that LE would want to reinterview people who offered tips in the past to dig deeper beyond recorded information.

10,000 tips by Mar 7/17
ISP: 'The truth will come out' in Delphi murders

I have a question. Am I the only one starting to think the release of video has gone nowhere? I just feel like people are spending way too much energy (I've done it too) wondering what's down his pants (I vote cattle prod), what's stuffed in his jacket, side by side comparisons, etc. I *know* it takes just that one person having a lightbulb moment to connect the dots. I'm just wondering if the general description plus some FBI profiling would have made any difference. Not a complaint against LE, I've just been thinking about it.
Great questions!

I wouldn't say that the release of the video has gone nowhere. If the right person has seen it, then maybe that 'lightbulb' has already gone off. (**Fingers are crossed!**)

I am a guilty party when it comes to watching and re-watching that video a gazillion times and trying to analyze what this guy has shoved into his pants and jacket and what his 'mannerisms' could be.

I have drawn many conclusions based on what I have seen in that video....and actually, many of my conclusions are likely different than what most people here have come to. For example, I don't see skinny chicken legs like some people have mentioned. I now see a very different physique in both his legs and upper body.

In the beginning I had wondered if they were going to release a profile. Now I am glad they didn't with the release of the second sketch.

It may have prevented people from calling in a tip early on if they were told the suspect is 'a loner' or 'boastful' (for example.) Especially since now they seem to be circling back to those very tips that were provided early on, it is so important to know what people's gut instincts were in the very beginning without a profile.

Their profile may have changed drastically with the reveal of the second sketch (if, in fact, sketch #2 IS a different person entirely which I am still on the fence about!)
It could have made what is already a confusing case even more confusing to possibly have two different suspect profiles for the public ( whom they are counting on to provide these very tips) to sort out.

Sorry.
Long winded.
JMO and all that....

Last edited:
Great questions!

I wouldn't say that the release of the video has gone nowhere. If the right person has seen it, then maybe that 'lightbulb' has already gone off. (**Fingers are crossed!**)

I am a guilty party when it comes to watching and re-watching that video a gazillion times and trying to analyze what this guy has shoved into his pants and jacket and what his 'mannerisms' could be.

I have drawn many conclusions based on what I have seen in that video....and actually, many of my conclusions are likely different than what most people here have come to. For example, I don't see skinny chicken legs like some people have mentioned. I now see a very different physique in both his legs and upper body.

In the beginning I had wondered if they were going to release a profile. Now I am glad they didn't with the release of the second sketch.

It may have prevented people from calling in a tip early on if they were told the suspect is 'a loner' or 'boastful' (for example.) Especially since now they seem to be circling back to those very tips that were provided early on, it is so important to know what people's gut instincts were in the very beginning without a profile.

Their profile may have changed drastically with the reveal of the second sketch (if, in fact, sketch #2 IS a different person entirely which I am still on the fence about!)
It could have made what is already a confusing case even more confusing to possibly have two different suspect profiles for the public ( whom they are counting on to provide these very tips) to sort out.

Sorry.
Long winded.
JMO and all that....

That's well thought out, thanks.

I'm no FBI profiler but I've definitely got some ideas about this guy.

I think if LE connected a vehicle to the suspect they’d have said so. They have no reason to play games with the suspect while appealing for that “one tip” from somebody who knows something.

The risk in assuming the vehicle must connected to the suspect even though LE didn’t say it did, is it has the potential to eliminate tips on somebody who didn’t park a car there, maybe who didn’t have access to a vehicle. And LE continues to ask for tips only based on somebody who looks, walks or sounds like the suspect, not that he was a driver or where he was known to have parked.

I think if LE connected a vehicle to the suspect they’d have said so. They have no reason to play games with the suspect while appealing for that “one tip” from somebody who knows something.

The risk in assuming the vehicle must connected to the suspect even though LE didn’t say it did, is it has the potential to eliminate tips on somebody who didn’t park a car there, maybe who didn’t have access to a vehicle. And LE continues to ask for tips only based on somebody who looks, walks or sounds like the suspect, not that he was a driver or where he was known to have parked.
I'm afraid I don't agree. They are now saying he got around quickly. If it's not connected to the crime then why are they interested in it ? If it is one vehicle they have not been able to pin down, or they ruled out incorrectly too quickly, then that's got to be of interest in the crime. If they have not connected it to the suspect then they would know who he is surely?

Great questions!

Sorry.
Long winded.
JMO and all that....

I truly believe the photo and video are enough to identify the person by somebody who personally knows this person.

But if we take conclusive DNA out of the equation, LE needs more than someone who resembles how the suspect appeared almost two and a half years ago. That “one tip” they’re hoping for, as LE has said repeatedly, is information to directly connect him to the murders, ie “he told someone”.

If that tip doesn’t come then the case will take longer to solve but as long as LE doesn’t give up, I’m confident it will eventually happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895