Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #106

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I'm getting at is if he was charged as an adult would the sentence be more severe than if he had been charged as a juvenile. Would there be a benefit in waiting to make sure that he got the maximum sentence.

There would be no benefit to wait. As long as the child was at least 14, they could (and probably would) be tried as an adult and would be sentenced as an adult. In the past, Indiana's been much more likely to try those 12 and over as adults in murder cases.

Bbm- True, but the problem with SC is the information is only retained under certain circumstances and only for a short time period. The girls weren’t found till 12:30 the next day.

So far LE hasn't released anything that's given me a strong indication that social media was involved in any way. That is subject to change with the release of additional information in the future.

Last edited:
People often assume that SC is an evidence erasing machine, making it much safer than FB or other social media platforms. There are ways in which LE can gain access to snaps depending on user settings and types of material, though:

- If Libby had her settings on chat set to "delete after 24 hours", then a private chat could still have been accessible/available depending on when it was sent.
- if she had an unopened chat then it could've still been on here since most settings only delete unopened chats after 30 days
- Libby could have saved a chat. I save my important ones.
- If she created a "custom story" then she could've saved it to her memories
- If she was corresponding to BG then there's always a chance that she sent him a Snappable, or added to one sent to her, and that it was later shared with a 3rd party.
- if she saved the Snappable to "memories" then it would've hung around even after 24 hours
- she could have saved a "memory" to SC
- SC DOES save some info, including meta-data, so even if the message itself was gone, there may be residual info available to prove that something WAS there.
- she could've had an unopened snap from BG

There IS precedent for Snapchat working with LE and providing info about snaps as long as 3o days after the crime.

Posts about GK and/or the Bowen case have been removed. That is a separate case with its own thread. As per previous warnings, if anyone reintroduces that discussion into this case for Libby and Abby, a 1 week thread reply ban will be issued.

Last edited:
1/2 mile upstream from bridge...that's a good question.

How is that being measured? If it's via the creek from where the bridge crosses it, this is where a half mile is. JMO
I interpret "half a mile upstream from the bridge" to mean half a mile from where the bridge crosses the creek, measured in a line following the creek upstream. This could be curved or straight depending on the course of the creek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste