Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #106

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, guess I need to do some more reading. I've heard mumbling about the shed/shack but nothing of substance. The part about the family leaving flowers in a outbuilding of sorts really peaks my interest!

@FromGermany would you happen to have any articles I can read about that so I can catch up on that situation?
Just rumours so there will be no link.
Good thing is as long as we are still talking and posting it will not become a cold case.

Just nitpicking other variations of information -

The family says the girls were dropped off at about 1:45pm, yet the FBI continues to report it was about 1pm. I wonder why that is.

I also notice this says the bodies were discovered “appx 1/2 mile upstream from the bridge”. From which end of the bridge? Does 1/2 mile upstream from where the bridge crosses Deer Creek place the location south of the cemetery?
The girls spent time on the phone at the drop off point. Libby checking for a ride home as she had said she would and KG was on the phone to her boyfriend. KG has only recently given out that info and IIRC she said she finished the conversation at 1.38 PM. She regrets that she didn't spend more time chatting with Libby as she gave them sweatshirts to borrow and saw them off then went to meet her boyfriend. So she left the trail at that time but could have got there earlier depending on how long they were all on the phone.

Wow, guess I need to do some more reading. I've heard mumbling about the shed/shack but nothing of substance. The part about the family leaving flowers in a outbuilding of sorts really peaks my interest!

@FromGermany would you happen to have any articles I can read about that so I can catch up on that situation?
It's long ago. I see the open barn with the flowers at a certain place in front of my inner eye. Once I saved the pic, but it's gone meanwhile. Maybe, because someone said at the time, it would be rumor and maybe I gave up.

I think that may’ve came from a discredited blog as well. There’s a photo floating around the Internet with a distant object identified as flowers but looks more like a sticking up tree branch.
Have you the link for that so we know what you are describing?

Just nitpicking other variations of information -

The family says the girls were dropped off at about 1:45pm, yet the FBI continues to report it was about 1pm. I wonder why that is.

I also notice this says the bodies were discovered “appx 1/2 mile upstream from the bridge”. From which end of the bridge? Does 1/2 mile upstream from where the bridge crosses Deer Creek place the location south of the cemetery?
1/2 mile upstream from bridge...that's a good question.

How is that being measured? If it's via the creek from where the bridge crosses it, this is where a half mile is. JMO

Attachments

• halfmile.JPG
    halfmile.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Interesting. That’s close to where the earliest media maps indicated the site was as well.
Except isn't that downstream, not upstream? Or am I being an idiot? :)

That spot would be about a 1/3 mile hike from the south end of the bridge.

Last edited:

No I noticed the photo by searching Google Images adding “family flowers” but I can’t link it because it’s not MSM. Family members were not present.

If anyone has a MSM link to family members laying flowers on RL’s land I’d sure be interested in it because my attempt was unsuccessful.

Except isn't that downstream, not upstream? Or am I being an idiot? :)

That spot would be about a 1/3 mile hike.

No you’re not being an idiot because even when I watch a river flowing I often can’t tell which direction the water is moving! But iirc Deer Creek flows toward Delphi from the bridge, easterly toward the west.

No you’re not being an idiot because even when I watch a river flowing I often can’t tell which direction the water is moving! But iirc Deer Creek flows toward Delphi from the bridge, easterly toward the west.
Yeah, I think I'm being an idiot. It's probably a tributary of the Wabash. I've never zoomed out enough to look at the terrain. :oops:

The girls spent time on the phone at the drop off point. Libby checking for a ride home as she had said she would and KG was on the phone to her boyfriend. KG has only recently given out that info and IIRC she said she finished the conversation at 1.38 PM. She regrets that she didn't spend more time chatting with Libby as she gave them sweatshirts to borrow and saw them off then went to meet her boyfriend. So she left the trail at that time but could have got there earlier depending on how long they were all on the phone.

Hmm okay. IIRC BP stated during various interviews the girls were only allowed to go to the bridge if they were able to find somebody to drive them there and drive them back. But KG is saying there was no ride prearranged to go home until after she brought them there??? That seems sort of contradictory....because had DG not agreed to pick them up, what then? Do you recall the source as this is new and different information.

Rich Van Wyk on Twitter

Over the weekend relatives and friends of Abby and Libby placed flowers where the Delphi teens were found murdered #wthr

That’s the same video as the photo I noticed. I’d be curious to know how he knew over the weekend “relatives and friends” placed flowers there. Maybe I’m blind but at most I see at most only a small handpicked group of blossoms, possibly tossed across the police tape, not really appearing as a gathering of relatives and friends paying tribute. But it may’ve been.

That’s the same video as the photo I noticed. I’d be curious to know how he knew over the weekend “relatives and friends” placed flowers there. Maybe I’m blind but at most I see at most only a small handpicked group of blossoms, possibly tossed across the police tape, not really appearing as a gathering of relatives and friends paying tribute. But it may’ve been.
You know, I see where you're coming from with these posts. The information released by LE and/or the victims' families is presumably factual, but sometimes vague (understandably). MSM is probably trying to base its information off fact, but how accurate it is really varies, I'm sure. Then there is all the rest.

For those of us who came into this late, it's very difficult to know what is fact, and what has become "fact" over time through discussions. I sometimes read things and the picture in my mind becomes muddled because I had it pictured another way, from something else I'd read. This is simply what happens when the public investigates without all the evidence. It's the nature of the beast.

The trail actually ends at the North side of the bridge as the bridge is not part of the trail. That said, on the south end of the bridge you could go further south if you wanted to - at least at the time of the murders.

Attached are two photos published by the Daily Mail that show the South end of the bridge area. The first is a short distance south of the end of the bridge and the second is much further back (Note the Beware of Dog Sign). That path, if you will, continues further south.

You could technically keep going, although there is a gate of sorts. (And yes, there IS a gate that extends across the dirt path. It's on past the two poles, though there's nothing on either side of the gate so one can easily walk around. It's meant to sway 4 wheelers.) There's nothing beyond it, though. It's even a real "path" after you go on past the poles.

Last edited:
MOO! I do not believe the young women were cornered by an unknown man. I believe they had a secret when asked to be dropped off there by their mom. That secret may have been meeting up with someone they knew, but did not want their mother to know. This could have bee someone one or both of them liked and wanted to meet up with secretly. This may be why they were talking about him as he was walking up to them. They stopped at the end to actually meet up with him.
When he told them "down the Hill" it was not an ominous threat just a guy letting them know where they could continue their time together.
Think about it ! How could this be a random meeting with a murderer, He would have to be VERY lucky that a random walk in the woods would immediately offer up the opportunity for him to use the weapons he brought. I think LE should look closer to the young women's social friend for some secrets they may have shared. ...Again JMO!

I disagree. He wouldn't have to be "very lucky" to run into females, either alone or with a friend, in the park. It's a popular place and there's almost always someone there. Even the Patty's have stated that there were around 20 people there at one point during the afternoon. I go there alone, I know others who go there alone (or used to, anyway). He may have just been seeking one victim, but when he saw the girls together he underestimated them and thought it would be easy to attack them both since they were kids.

Looking at their social media information would've been the first thing LE would've done once their bodies were found. The FBI and Indiana State Police are involved in this investigation. Literally some of the best minds at Quanitco.

So, here's a map I made for myself, but I'll share. Tell me if anything needs changed. This is representing only what I think is fact, based off what LE has stated.

Yellow question mark: CPS building - may or may not be related to crime.
Yellow asterisk: Where the girl's were dropped off.
Red X: Where BG was videoed walking the bridge.
Red (crappily drawn) circle: somewhere within is where the girls were found.

Attachments

• CS1.png
    CS1.png
    770.9 KB · Views: 96

We can't post a link because in addition to not being allowed to discuss that blog on this site, the blog in question has since been removed by the web hosting. it was FULL of rumors and innuendo that were very hurtful to the family. Later, the blogger retracted everything that had been posted, but the damage had been done. As @Jax49 said, though, that's the source of these "flowers by the building" reference. Furthermore that building was NEVER taped off so it's doubtful a crime took place in or around it...

I disagree. He wouldn't have to be "very lucky" to run into females, either alone or with a friend, in the park. It's a popular place and there's almost always someone there. Even the Patty's have stated that there were around 20 people there at one point during the afternoon. I go there alone, I know others who go there alone (or used to, anyway). He may have just been seeking one victim, but when he saw the girls together he underestimated them and thought it would be easy to attack them both since they were kids.

Looking at their social media information would've been the first thing LE would've done once their bodies were found. The FBI and Indiana State Police are involved in this investigation. Literally some of the best minds at Quanitco.
And really, there's nothing to say he was "seeking" anybody that day, either. Maybe he was, but he could have simply seen the girls on the trail, or being dropped off, and it tripped his trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum