Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #106

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely disagree with this. I’m sure police have looked through all of their phone records and social media and would have discovered if they were headed to a secret rendezvous.

He could have been coming to this bridge on a regular basis, just waiting for the perfect opportunity to kill someone. Abby and Libby just happened to be there at the wrong time, IMO.

Unfortunately some of these applications like Kik, Whisper and WhatsApp don't leave much trace. That's why predators use those type of apps.

Flowers were laid also in a shed/barn and until today nobody wants to confirm, that the shed/barn/(shack even) is one of the crime scenes, afaik. :confused:
Wow, guess I need to do some more reading. I've heard mumbling about the shed/shack but nothing of substance. The part about the family leaving flowers in a outbuilding of sorts really peaks my interest!

@FromGermany would you happen to have any articles I can read about that so I can catch up on that situation?

Wow, guess I need to do some more reading. I've heard mumbling about the shed/shack but nothing of substance. The part about the family leaving flowers in a outbuilding of sorts really peaks my interest!

@FromGermany would you happen to have any articles I can read about that so I can catch up on that situation?

bbm

I don't think you'll find a legit source for this. IIRC, it came from a discredited blog. moo

ETA: Translation, I don't think it happened.

I recall something about flowers left by an outbuilding but definitely not associated with the families. I must’ve missed that too.

There was police tape around the end of the bridge, which was why I was left with the impression the families left the flowers there as well.

They might have left some there as well, but the ones reported were the ones at the death scene. There were also reports of unrelated people leaving flowers at the NW end of the bridge.

moo

The original link was on Thread #1 Post 991. That story was later replaced on the same day - if you go to the story you will see it was updated later in the day and the story was changed along with some photos. So those images were no longer available, if you didn't get them in the few hours they were there. However, on thread #7 Post 258 there is a link to a site that collects (steals) articles they repost to drive traffic to their site and the original photos were once again available. That link no longer works - it now goes to a re-director which takes you to random sites - so the original site no longer exists.

All that said, I did find a site that has a copy of the article including the photos but it is not a news site but rather one of those site that takes articles to drive traffic to their site but it does have the original article and photos. That can be seen here.

8ec86421b7d9da5b0095676fed824aaf.jpg

56ea7e183d68863880d6b1146228a9b9.jpg

40f3c03d847dac73070c5da523cf5bdf.jpg

5161b3099edadd64fc2b82c0149535f5.jpg

c6627e442cd1541f009d24eb060e6de2.jpg

Where the girls were found can be better approximated by using a video and an image.

First, on Sunday February 19, 2017 Rich Van Wyck (reporter for WTHR) posted this short video of flowers placed by family where the girls were found. One or both families, it isn't clear from his description.

Rich Van Wyk on Twitter

The first attached image is what is likely the most important image in terms of viewing the crime scene and using this image as a reference to correlate other photos and video to where those images or videos are aiming. It comes from the reporter for Fox59 that also had a walking video interview with RL to the crime scene. The second attached image that has an arrow pointing to the approximate location of where the flowers were (at least where I think they were) - just beyond end of the arrow point.

Bump.

ISP: Delphi Homicide Investigation

From the link:

"On Monday, February 13th, at approximately 1:00 p.m., the two young girls were let off near the Monon High Bridge, an abandoned rail bridge over Deer Creek to walk around and hang out. They were to be picked up later in the afternoon, but did not show up there at the previously arranged time. Following an extensive search, at approximately 12:15 p.m. on February 14, 2017, the bodies of the two girls were found in a wooded area near the Delphi Historic Trail, approximately one-half mile upstream from the bridge."

Just nitpicking other variations of information -

The family says the girls were dropped off at about 1:45pm, yet the FBI continues to report it was about 1pm. I wonder why that is.

I also notice this says the bodies were discovered “appx 1/2 mile upstream from the bridge”. From which end of the bridge? Does 1/2 mile upstream from where the bridge crosses Deer Creek place the location south of the cemetery?

I think that may’ve came from a discredited blog as well. There’s a photo floating around the Internet with a distant object identified as flowers but looks more like a sticking up tree branch.
ITTA. I've never known family permitted to cross the taped area in a criminal investigation. Preserving the site means off limits to everybody except forensic investigators. MOO

ETA: Just saw reporter Van Wyk tweet 2/20/17 but still don't see flowers!

Last edited:
I think that may’ve came from a discredited blog as well. There’s a photo floating around the Internet with a distant object identified as flowers but looks more like a sticking up tree branch.

See post 1386 for MSM Twitter link to placement by families.

ITTA. I've never known family permitted to cross the taped area in a criminal investigation. Preserving the site means off limits to everybody except forensic investigators. MOO

ETA: Just saw reporter Van Wyk tweet 2/20/17 but still don't see flowers!

The ones I see are in the very center at the end of the video. Just a small bouquet. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janeyd