Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #107

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Post 84 on thread 65 states the following. (Am posting this because @Cutiekitty was asking about the Snapchat and I thought this was significant that a HS student was thought to have shared it. I'm still looking for the transcript of the August '17 Holman "crossing the creek" interview if anyone comes across it. The link won't work for EU )

"The SC pic from 2:07PM is a "screen grab" from a searcher's phone, via the SC app, shared 7+ hours after the image was uploaded to SC. A MSM reporter was at the volunteer fire station in town, interviewing folks who were part of the search, roughly 9:45-10PM that evening, when the searcher (a HS student IIRC), shared the image on his phone.

At that time, there was no urgency in the search effort, it was not believed the girls "were in danger".

There's a possibility that Libby not only had the "presence of mind" to start recording, and she got a shot of the suspect, but she had the presence of mind to drop or throw the phone.

JMO"

I guess, now we have NBG sketch and a young perp age, I want to question why a HS male student would have access to Libby's SC. Anyone have any idea?

Interesting. This is my recollect on the SC, for what it’s worth —

It was not LE who released the SC photo of Abby or the other one on the bridge. It was the media who apparently discovered the photos posted on “a friend’s” FB. After it was published by the media I admit I wondered if that was how both LE and the families first became aware of the photos existence. The media then began to run with the “SC murders” although they’ve since matured their line of reporting by referring to the victims by name.

The reason I’ve always had the thought it was a friend who was the source of the SC may well be due to the post you discovered.

Another unanswered questions - as it’s oft reported, the SC photo was sent at 2:07pm but we don’t know what time it was taken. This is one reason why knowing an exact timeline would be helpful as there’s quite a range between various mentioned arrival times, appx 1pm to 1:45pm. If the photo was originally taken, at say 1:40 or 1:50pm I’d say it’s quite doubtful the girls remained on the bridge deck the entire time, until 2:30pm (?) video of the suspect.

Last edited:
I heard that and started discounting all the reenactments. Then I started to think about it. LE didn't say ALL of the reenactments were wrong. I believe Gray Hughes had a reenactment of a possible scene at the end of the bridge that is probably very close. It doesn't show any physical confrontation, but it still gives one chills.
That's true. And it's hard to know what people are getting right and wrong. I guess part of what's bugged me since the very beginning of this is why BG would want to cross that creek. It just seems counterproductive in every way. Get wet, get cold, get muddy, be generally uncomfortable, leave footprints, keep two girls under control all the while. It just doesn't make sense.

You're thinking along the lines that I am. One killed quickly - gun or blunt force - and then the other strangled and that ligature left at the scene. I discounted that after thinking about it. If the killer left the ligature it would difficult to not have DNA on it if he brought it and LE could quickly deduce this would be the killer's DNA (unless IT has multiple DNA profiles). Ligature was something at hand, not brought by him to the scene? Yeah, I didn't type it before for the very same reason.

Perhaps ligature was the white loop seen below his neck.

All I'm presenting is an alternate analysis from the video based on what I see. And try to point to and communicate it to the best of my ability. The reason being that if his head is uncovered, then we have hair color, style and possibly Male pattern baldness. Not to mention possible facial hair. I understand LE has put a lot of effort into this case, I'm just basing these observations on what I see in the video. It would be a shame if they had some critical detail wrong or missed a small piece of evidence in that clip and we were looking for a ghost. I'm not saying I have all the answers just another set of eyes.
Thank you for presenting your analysis. For the first time I can now picture a full head of hair as opposed to a cap. With the image of hair instead of a cap, it is much easier for me to visualize a younger BG. It is the first time I am able to see someone other than the sketch released in 2017.

LE put out audio and video for a reason. It means they were a stand still hoping somebody would identify him either through his voice or clothes. The problem is everything is just too basic. There is nothing that stands out.

They did everything possible to solve this. A million professionals worked on the case. There is nothing left to analyze really. Its just a waiting game where you have to wait he slips up.

I used to live there. That's a major sore spot. While I generally back the blue 100% this is a stellar example of why dash cams and body cams should be required.

:(

I think the ISP trooper involved was a fairly new recruit.? Iirc there's a couple of other things that made his first year or so v interesting.

A nice msm article somewhere showing him getting his badge alongside 4 other new recruits. One or two of them have a few Delphi sm friends.

Its a difficult job.

:(

I think the ISP trooper involved was a fairly new recruit.? Iirc there's a couple of other things that made his first year or so v interesting.

A nice msm article somewhere showing him getting his badge alongside 4 other new recruits. One or two of them have a few Delphi sm friends.

Its a difficult job.

Very, very difficult. Yes. There was a separate run in or two with other people involving him. A lot of my friends "back home" were absolutely gutted over this.

That's true. And it's hard to know what people are getting right and wrong. I guess part of what's bugged me since the very beginning of this is why BG would want to cross that creek. It just seems counterproductive in every way. Get wet, get cold, get muddy, be generally uncomfortable, leave footprints, keep two girls under control all the while. It just doesn't make sense.

Agree. Some thoughts on that. MOO #2 is why.

Was taking them to his car concealed around the bend at the snowbirds, girls got away trying to get to 300 for help and he chased them.

He had a special attachment to the flat where they were found. He wanted to take them there purposely, invisible from the bridge, but with a view of the bridge.

He was intending to get them up to the back of the cemetery, bind/gag them, either his car was there or somewhere else, if so go get his car and put them in.

I've thought about that, too. It gives me two thoughts on the matter. One, the crime scene and the fact they were probably the only ones crossing the creek that day. (Yeah, that's an assumption, but I just can't picture a crowd of people saying, "Hey look at that creek with 30 or 40 degree water on this day with temps in the 40's...let's go wading in it and cross it!") Crossing that creek is likely to leave tracks in the mud and LE can eliminate the prints made by Abigail and Liberty, so LE likely knows the killer's shoe size and maybe even from the wear pattern what to expect from other shoes he has. The other is how the killer got to his car and I believe he stayed on that side of the creek inside the tree line until he closed on the trail, then he went straight to the road and to his vehicle. Minimizes his chances of being seen.
I agree with your escape route for BG......Somewhere in this multitude of threads, there is a link to someone saying they "followed some footprints seen" during the February 14th search..... I believe they were killed with a knife. One very quickly, while held captive, and then the other girl.....moo

During the PC, Carter asked that the driver of that particular car parked between 12 and 5pm please contact the officers at the Delphi command center. I really don’t think he was expecting the suspect to voluntarily turn himself in. More likely the driver was a person LE wanted to speak with, possibly somebody who had already offered information about something or someone they observed while at or near the trail between noon to 5pm.

I think we all got overly excited about LE having a big lead on the suspect, having learned the identification of his vehicle. But Carter didn’t say that so while it’s a possibility, it’s not a certainty.
Very good point. You’re right, I too had noticed the stress on driver, rather than the vehicle itself.

And as I’ve stated in a previous post, I got the feeling that LE was sending a message to BG when mentioning that driver/vehicle (maybe to let him know he was seen/rattle him), rather than LE was truly seeking info. about the driver. Just my first impression anyway.

Last edited:
LE put out audio and video for a reason. It means they were a stand still hoping somebody would identify him either through his voice or clothes. The problem is everything is just too basic. There is nothing that stands out.

They did everything possible to solve this. A million professionals worked on the case. There is nothing left to analyze really. Its just a waiting game where you have to wait he slips up.
I have a different POV. With continued analysis come new epiphanies. Because the addressable pool is significant, the forensic study takes lots of time.

As you suggest, the case may be solved by a Perp slip up, but I’m on the camp that believes LE is close.

Time will tell.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Very good point. You’re right, I too had noticed the stress on driver, rather than the vehicle itself.

And as I’ve stated in a previous post, I got the feeling that LE was sending a message to BG when mentioning that driver/vehicle (maybe to let him know he was seen/rattle him), rather than LE was truly seeking info. about the driver. Just my first impression anyway.
That is a good idea.

Maybe it wasn't BG's idea to cross that creek.

It is possible that the girls ran into the creek hoping to escape him.

Agree. Some thoughts on that. MOO #2 is why.

Was taking them to his car concealed around the bend at the snowbirds, girls got away trying to get to 300 for help and he chased them.

He had a special attachment to the flat where they were found. He wanted to take them there purposely, invisible from the bridge, but with a view of the bridge.

He was intending to get them up to the back of the cemetery, bind/gag them, either his car was there or somewhere else, if so go get his car and put them in.

I could see him crossing the bridge and cornering them there if he planned to take them south (like your number 1 scenerio). But if he planned to go to the cemetery, or at the location he ultimately killed them, why not ambush them at the north side of the bridge and walk through the woods instead of crossing the creek?

Maybe it wasn't BG's idea to cross that creek.

It is possible that the girls ran into the creek hoping to escape him.
That is a possibility. I'm thinking how LE said the youtubers were wrong, and it's clear nobody knows the evidence or how it happened. From my impression, most of the theories involve BG forcing the girls, or the girls fleeing across the creek with BG crossing, too. So I'm just wondering if those are incorrect theories, why else would the girls have crossed the creek. It's an open ended question, I'm afraid, until we know more.

I could see him crossing the bridge and cornering them there if he planned to take them south (like your number 1 scenerio). But if he planned to go to the cemetery, or at the location he ultimately killed them, why not ambush them at the north side of the bridge and walk through the woods instead of crossing the creek?

MOO Maybe he did intend a north side ambush and girls just kept hanging out on the bridge, as they went slow it started pushing his timeline and knowing the area well when he got impatient he decided to go get them under control and cross the creek.

Just a possible reason, the boldness of the attack seems to lead to an equally speedy and risky plan of escape.

I would say taking glee from getting away with things by doing the unexpected quickly would be a personalty trait of his.

Post 84 on thread 65 states the following. (Am posting this because @Cutiekitty was asking about the Snapchat and I thought this was significant that a HS student was thought to have shared it. I'm still looking for the transcript of the August '17 Holman "crossing the creek" interview if anyone comes across it. The link won't work for EU )

"The SC pic from 2:07PM is a "screen grab" from a searcher's phone, via the SC app, shared 7+ hours after the image was uploaded to SC. A MSM reporter was at the volunteer fire station in town, interviewing folks who were part of the search, roughly 9:45-10PM that evening, when the searcher (a HS student IIRC), shared the image on his phone.

At that time, there was no urgency in the search effort, it was not believed the girls "were in danger".

There's a possibility that Libby not only had the "presence of mind" to start recording, and she got a shot of the suspect, but she had the presence of mind to drop or throw the phone.

JMO"

I guess, now we have NBG sketch and a young perp age, I want to question why a HS male student would have access to Libby's SC. Anyone have any idea?

If the searcher was added by LG he would see the pic if she posted it to her story or sent it to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dianthe