Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #108

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we have the same source because I am remembering it the same way you are.
I do know that coverage was shown from that source to not be a concern at all

There are actually quite a few towers that cover Delphi. I believe there are 7 and 2 are FCC registered, the others are not (I looked at this a while back so don’t remember exactly). There is one that looks like it’s actually on RL’s property - very close to the entire area in question. I recall seeing another one near the property at the end of the bridge. Pretty decent coverage for the trails.

I read somewhere that as the crow flies Abby did live close by, but that on foot it would have been very difficult for them to reach her house from their known location as they would have needed to go through lots of bushes and ditches/ravines. It's certainly possible that they had the thought to run to her house for safety (although I think her mom was at work...so not sure if anyone was home). If they did make a break for freedom I think it is more likely they tried to head to the private drive or the cemetary.
I read somewhere that as the crow flies Abby did live close by, but that on foot it would have been very difficult for them to reach her house from their known location as they would have needed to go through lots of bushes and ditches/ravines. It's certainly possible that they had the thought to run to her house for safety (although I think her mom was at work...so not sure if anyone was home). If they did make a break for freedom I think it is more likely they tried to head to the private drive or the cemetary.

If you’re coming from down the hill, then you pretty much know nothing is going on there that is a threat to your plans, or impulse. If you were smoking or spitting while there, why, your DNA would be there already.

If you have a legitimate reason to visit down the hill anyway, well then we do have a proof problem. Unless you confess.

Are we allowed to speculate on suspects who are currently in custody for another crime if they closely resemble the sketches released by LE?
No, not unless the person has been officially named by LE as suspect or POI in this particular case. If you are referring to GK, he has been hashed and rehashed here, until we were given a stern warning not to discuss him on this thread. He was arrested for another murder, and can be discussed on that thread.

I know it is difficult when new WS members join in the discussion of a long existing thread, because most of the discussion history requires endless reading to catch up and understand the case. Page 1 if each thread has all the pertinent info about the case as well as postings from WS moderators and Tricia reiterating what can and can not be discussed. I would suggest you review that information if you are unsure. Persons or topics banned from discussion here on the main thread can be discussed with other sleuthers via private conversations.

No, not unless the person has been officially named by LE as suspect or POI in this particular case. If you are referring to GK, he has been hashed and rehashed here, until we were given a stern warning not to discuss him on this thread. He was arrested for another murder, and can be discussed on that thread.

I know it is difficult when new WS members join in the discussion of a long existing thread, because most of the discussion history requires endless reading to catch up and understand the case. Page 1 if each thread has all the pertinent info about the case as well as postings from WS moderators and Tricia reiterating what can and can not be discussed. I would suggest you review that information if you are unsure. Persons or topics banned from discussion here on the main thread can be discussed with other sleuthers via private conversations.
Thank you!

IIRC the road that passes under the south side of the bridge is a private drive accessing the house east up on south bank of Deer Creek. This drive is a private section of the end of CR N625 West which comes from Highway 421.
625 and 421 is corner lndiana Packers is on. 625 is the road Abby lived on, 1 mile away. Sadly if they went down the hill on the south side of the creek, she crossed her own street, her house was just under a mile away.

For all we know, he could have said "guys, the ******** (thing we can't discuss) is down the hill" The audio doesn't sound threatening, demanding, exasperated or angry IMO and appears to have something removed between "guys" and "down the hill".
I believe the thinking that he came towards them and then turned back makes the most sense. If he crossed the entire bridge by walking behind them, I think he would have been seen in the picture of Abby or the picture of the bridge Libby took. He's not visible in either one.

Yes! I agree completely. I also believe "guys" and "down the hill" were just two excerpts that were taken from the audio recording.
I think if they released anymore, it would have revealed more of what happened or how he managed to do it.
And they are SO tight lipped about everything and know the case is high profile. Releasing a complete sentence or phrase like, "guys, down the hill" is revealing imo.
Verifies then that it was a demand instead of the theory that it was just said in a statement talking to the girls

As I said earlier. I'm in London, UK. Everyone I mention this case to, unless they've seen it mentioned on a forum or here or Reddit, has never heard of it. It was mentioned in a thread on a big forum, Digital Spy, recently, about unsolved crimes. When I tell them that they have a pic taken by one girl of a man on the bridge and audio too, they just can't believe he hasn't been caught. I explain that it's not a clear pic and they've only released 3 words. Wonder if this would have been solved if it had been in a smaller country like here in the UK, with the pic and audio. Not criticising the US investigators at all.

As a man myself, and I don't mean to praise the evil killer in any way, but I think he was very brave to take on TWO girls. People I mention the case to say the same. Why not let them go and wait for just one as one's much easier to overpower? What if one had been selfish and left her friend and got away and could identify him? He must have been armed with a gun or knife to feel that confident. Doubt I'd take on two teenage girls as these weren't little helpless kids, but teens who surely will fight back, but then am not a monster or a rapist or killer. Anything could have gone wrong from his point of view. In fact it did as she got audio and a pic of whom we assume is the killer.

We lost our 22 year-old daughter, only child, last year to SADS, sudden adult death, so we know what those poor parents will be going through. Imagine living in a small town too where you could pass the killer any time and not know it. Think I'd go mad.

These are excellent points.

Imo.

ETA: I am truly sorry for your loss.

Following along. Going on the theory being discussed. Could the girls have crossed the creek to get to one of their homes. Didn't Abbey live close by?
They could have crossed the creek to get to the pick up point via the cemetery, if they knew that route. Abbey's home was the other way to that, back under the bridge along the private road to N625w.

Umm, okay, now we are led to believe that posting vile song lyrics no one can find, while you are at work, on the same day as a heinous double murder involving a close relative is all just a big co-winky-dink? MOO
I really like your question SEATTLESTEW :D:D:D!!!
Before I tip-toe out of this room, could I please add, a sketch is not a photo (duh!), a photo is not a sketch (duh!), adding one word to a phrase after 2 years will solve this case (duh!), and even better....just switch heads, after 2 years, on the 2 second clip and voila, you will have your killer (duh!). And all we need is ONE, just one itsy-bitsy tiny tip and all the LE agencies and resources involved in this case for the last two years will finally be able to close their books on this perp???
Be assured, I like Supt Carter (probably have a mild Carter-crush, too. Ya' know a man-in-uniform kind of interest?) but I just can't figure out who/why this odd "squeeze play" by LE.

Okay, here's my newest crazy variant of my other idea.

I can't get past the idea that the girls might not have wanted to be on the bridge with BG, either following him, or with him behind them. So I'm back to considering the girls choosing the woods, but maybe with the idea to hang out just below the bridge until he hopefully crossed back and left.

You can tell from the photo that if you were in the woods below the bridge, when the leaves are off the trees, you're visible from the bridge, especially in pink and tye-dye shirts. So maybe BG was acting weird, walking back across the bridge, but obviously watching them. With him on the bridge, they are virtually trapped.

The girls decide he isn't going to leave them alone to come back up and recross the bridge, so they cross the creek to avoid him. They would be scared, IMO, and wanting to get to their ride.

I also then wonder if once they're across the creek, they can see BG in the woods off the north end of the bridge, heading towards them. At this point they might head towards the cemetery, or whatever, but BG intercepts them, makes them go "down the hill" somewhere nearer the spot they were ultimately found.

In this scenario, BG doesn't really march them anywhere other than very close to the creek and crime scene. Much less time with him "controlling" them. For their last 30 minutes, a lot of that is them knowing they're being stalked? Just a thought...

Do they have a cell tower connection? I know they’re children, and no one, children or adults, can be expected to act rationally, but they know they’re being stalked and don’t communicate with anyone?

I have been thinking about this. I think BG crossed from the side where the girls ended their walk and then turned around. In my mind this is the trigger that signalled to Libby to hit record from her selfie.

It would also explain all the confusing witness reports. Who could have seen the guy if he came in from the quiet side?
This is plausible, but my question would be if he came from the south, why did he kill them on the north side of the creek? He'd have to recross the creek or bridge to get back?

I really like your question SEATTLESTEW :D:D:D!!!
Before I tip-toe out of this room, could I please add, a sketch is not a photo (duh!), a photo is not a sketch (duh!), adding one word to a phrase after 2 years will solve this case (duh!), and even better....just switch heads, after 2 years, on the 2 second clip and voila, you will have your killer (duh!). And all we need is ONE, just one itsy-bitsy tiny tip and all the LE agencies and resources involved in this case for the last two years will finally be able to close their books on this perp???
Be assured, I like Supt Carter (probably have a mild Carter-crush, too. Ya' know a man-in-uniform kind of interest?) but I just can't figure out who/why this odd "squeeze play" by LE.
Hey IQ, you forgot "disregard the hat"

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members