Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #108

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the theory on if there or isn’t a vehicle at the end of the bridge in the final Snapchat pic that Libby posted of Abby? I see a white vehicle, but my eyes may be playing tricks on me.

Di you have a link to that photo?

Di you have a link to that photo?

Here's the first one I came across. IMO, there isn't a vehicle visible. IIRC, LE debunked people or vehicles in the photo.

Snapchat murders: Serial killer fears as cops probe for link to slain cousins

a8b8a0ec76ab1f45562085cb3f0401e0

I’m not able to see any buttons but I’ve always thought it’s a common sort of hidden zipper closure.

However as I’m gazing at this particular photo it looks like something is tied around his waste, close to the colour of the jacket, and whatever it is has also been fastened in front. As a result it gives the appearance that a portion of his jacket is fastened. Probably only in my eyes. (As I’m not one to study this photo, I do hope I don’t soon see a goat hidden somewhere there to! )

View attachment 193612
From here:
Video: Suspect identified in deaths of teen Indiana girls
I am thinking maybe a pullover, and it is interesting (to me) that, whatever it is, it is blue in the state of Indiana.

Could be the way the bodies were positioned, as well. And, that itself might have been a misdirection ploy. Or, something else we probably cannot say here regarding what the killer might have believed leading up to the murders.

It would certainly be disturbing, in any event, to see the two bodies of these girls at the scene of the crime.

I thought it might have been something about the bodies that was seen visually that caused Supt. Carter to make his statements at the press conference. Until the autopsy report is released and the cause of death established by whatever means, it is going to be a guessing game. I am trying to think psychologically.

Not saying he is FSG but I have always thought BG’s coat is on inside out. The buttons are on the wrong side. IMO

The buttons are on the exact same side as they are on my Columbia jacket and my husband's Carhartt jacket. Remember that in the pic we see a mirrored image so things can appear flipped.

@mtnlites Has been in that park numerous times.

If she says that atvs and horses are extremely rare and would stick out like a sore thumb I tend to believe her.

Also it was the middle of February, not exactly prime atv and horseback riding weather.

If people want to believe that the park is full of horseback riders and ATVs then I guess they can.

I am starting to wonder why I even post about the park anymore. I thought that since I have nearly 40 years' worth of experiences there I might be able to shed some light on its geography and why people visit. I thought this would be helpful since most posters have never been there. Instead, it just feels like people want to argue about it. I am getting anxiety just checking my notifications anymore.

If people want to believe that the park is full of horseback riders and ATVs then I guess they can.

I am starting to wonder why I even post about the park anymore. I thought that since I have nearly 40 years' worth of experiences there I might be able to shed some light on its geography and why people visit. I thought this would be helpful since most posters have never been there. Instead, it just feels like people want to argue about it. I am getting anxiety just checking my notifications anymore.

Mtnlites, your input is invaluable. Honestly the land around the bridge and many things about Delphi are very confusing without local help explaining. Thank you for your contributions.

It was in a public place, he likely knew he didn't have much time and trying to sneak back in to place the bodies where people would likely be searching would have been extremely risky, He already couldn't be certain that he was in the clear as far as somebody seeing or hearing something from the initial attack. But he was going to risk taking bodies back to that same area rather than dumping them somewhere where nobody would even think to look?

The scenario is just not plausible and as @MassGuy has noted before, it would be extremely unlikely for any killer to bring bodies back to the initial scene of the crime after they already had left.

I agree with all the above but would add the following. The FBI estimated that he weighed 180-220 lbs. Their posters said Abby weighed 100 lbs and Libby 200 lbs. So it's unimaginable to me that he could or would carry or drag them - Libby in particular who possibly weighed even more than he did - in pitch black conditions over rough uneven terrain and then repeat the process with the other girl.

About the bodies, from the very onset Carter has made various religious references so I’m not so sure it means anything more than the killer walked away after causing the deaths of the two girls, leaving them lifeless lying on the ground — but their spirit now lives on in eternal afterlife. If he was referring to bodily wounds, that wouldn’t heal postmortem. Absolutely nothing is worse than intentionally causing the death of innocents IMO.

When you wrote, "If he was referring to bodily wounds, that wouldn't heal postmortem." I agree.

What if he meant spiritual healing? I cannot remember the verse, but I think it goes something like "I was blind and now I see".

Again, like everything else, we are probably overanalyzing this case.

For the newbies on this thread (me included :)), would y'all (if allowed) mind posting what the following acronyms mean:
BBM
MOO
BP
MSM

Thank you in advance, trying to keep up and I keep seeing those over and over again and can't for the life of me figure out what they stand for.

Here you go: Websleuths Lingo

Websleuths Lingo

I don't think it's a mirrored image at all. In fact I think the reporting about it being a 'selfie' filmed over the shoulder is incorrect. Gray Hughes' videos show exactly how and where the BG was filmed on the bridge and it's correct down to the bridge ties, the white nodule, the side platform and the exact trees and tree branches. Not flipped at all.

I agree with all the above but would add the following. The FBI estimated that he weighed 180-220 lbs. Their posters said Abby weighed 100 lbs and Libby 200 lbs. So it's unimaginable to me that he could or would carry or drag them - Libby in particular who possibly weighed even more than he did - in pitch black conditions over rough uneven terrain and then repeat the process with the other girl.
I think, the killer is someone, who is proud to do the crime all by himself and in a wink and to escape police in every state, he did a felony (maybe, we don't know). Nevertheless he could have had a good friend, who helped him cleaning up the scene in Delphi and covering his tracks. IF he had some help (someone, who knew the area/terrain), he could have brought back the girls from another crime scene to RL's property.
..... My laptop is overheating ..... a moment please.
ETA:
I think, where ever he is, he comes around verrry quick, acc. to Carter. His special method might be, that he puts his victims always to another second/third crime scene: in IA 25 miles from the place of abduction (near the bank of a bending creek), in IN 500 ft from the place of abduction and even bringing the girls back (ie from a shed/shack) to a previous crime scene (near the bank of a bending creek). Whether bicycles (IA) or Libby's cell phone (IN), he doesn't pick things up, which would betray traces of the first crime scene. Just like Carter said, it's all about "power and control". He knows, what he is doing after the crime and he is playing around with the police. The victims should have been found, but certainly after several months only (decomposition). Maybe, he thought, RL's place was searched already and the property owner would find the victims one day, months later.
I think, BG is very proud of his craftiness avoiding the impression, he might be a killer or even a SK.
All IMO and MOO. Of course!!, I don't know and police didn't confirm, IA and IN cases have a connection.
I can't help: the sweet girls from IA are always on my mind in connection with the sweet girls from Delphi/IN.
What I don't know, is: why murder, why Abby, why Libby, why a little innocent girl at all.
Why violence, why "staging" (IF). Question mark over question mark.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you wrote, "If he was referring to bodily wounds, that wouldn't heal postmortem." I agree.

What if he meant spiritual healing? I cannot remember the verse, but I think it goes something like "I was blind and now I see".

Again, like everything else, we are probably overanalyzing this case.

This is another similar comment by Carter, only days following the murders.

Feb 22/17
“To Abby and Libby, it is my hope and prayer they are now experiencing God's promise of eternal peace," Carter said as he left the podium at the news conference.”
Life changes in Delphi as hunt for killer continues

Been lurking a LONG time ... following this case since Day Two ... it has a hold on me like no other and I WANT JUSTICE! So glad you all are here. I will be here for the duration too. Thing is, I have three sets of POI's. (Two perps working in tandem, another two working in tandem, and a lone wolf.) Always fitting the evidence to my suspicions to see what matches up. So frustrating we do not have more info. I too wonder if the recent SM activity (i.e. the debunking video) is designed to draw someone out, to lure someone in to post something "telling" online, or to bring about a reaction (perhaps not online) that will in some way cause a stir. IDK. I just want to look up here one day to see the words "ARREST". I feel that day is coming soon. Let's hope so!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum