Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #109

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about the sketches and wonder what everyone's thoughts are. So LE had a sketch done days after the murders, but choose not to release it. 6 months later they release a different sketch. What could have happened? LE had a witness days after that they thought was good enough to get a sketch, but shortly after thought the witness was not as important as they thought, so they didn't release it? Why? What could have made them rethink that initial sketch at the beginning? Was a person veering them away from that sketch? LE said to the killer at press conference, "you thought we wouldn't change directions, you were wrong." (I don't have actual quote in front of me.) I wonder, why get the sketch if you didn't think it was important? What changed in those days before and after sketch? Was someone close to the case messing with LE?

I have a question about the sketches and wonder what everyone's thoughts are. So LE had a sketch done days after the murders, but choose not to release it. 6 months later they release a different sketch. What could have happened? LE had a witness days after that they thought was good enough to get a sketch, but shortly after thought the witness was not as important as they thought, so they didn't release it? Why? What could have made them rethink that initial sketch at the beginning? Was a person veering them away from that sketch? LE said to the killer at press conference, "you thought we wouldn't change directions, you were wrong." (I don't have actual quote in front of me.) I wonder, why get the sketch if you didn't think it was important? What changed in those days before and after sketch? Was someone close to the case messing with LE?
A sympathetic accomplice/ family member could have definitely/Intentionally mislead LE. I’m sure LE has considered this, or we certainly hope so.

Amateur opinion and speculation

IMHO, It’s baffling. The 2 sketches are SO completely different. So many of the same questions. And even when it’s been stated that the suspect may look like a cross between the two sketches, I can’t picture it honestly because of the differences and seeing the sketch that was released to the public then seeing the other one. I’m just so lost.

The other day I saw a case on TV that was solved by “Touch DNA” decades later. A new detective assigned to a cold case had an epiphany while reviewing the file, which was that when the perp had tied up the victim’s hands with the victim’s shoelaces, he had removed his gloves to do that. It was a shot in the dark as to if his touch DNA might be on his shoelaces. Sure enough it was and a provided a hit.

It seems Touch DNA can be more useful than I originally thought, moo.

—-

I’m waaaay behind, but re: PE, as they say in the movies, it seems “too clean”. We will see.

Last edited:
A sympathetic accomplice/ family member could have definitely/Intentionally mislead LE. I’m sure LE has considered this, or we certainly hope so.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I have speculated in my head that LE got a tip from someone who saw a person parked by the old dcfs building and that's where the first sketch came from. Someone with some sort of influence discounted the it, i.e. Said they drove past and didn't see it, must have been wrong day. I think the witness who gave original sketch saw the car there and the suspect was aware of it, hence LE mentioning it. It makes no sense to ask now, 2 years later, if anyone saw it. No one would remember that reliably. So why say it? I think LE was telling the killer, that eye witness told us you were there and this is what we know you look like. Pure speculation.

From what I know, there have been a lot of sketches made of potential suspects. The question is, why this one? They either went back to the beginning and sifted through them all and reinterviewed the witness, who could have added more info or someone came forward again referencing that suspect. The fact that LE said maybe “somewhere between the sketches” makes me think they have no idea. They are 2 totally different people obviously, and I can’t see one in the other at all.

Admin Reminder:

Do not turn this thread into unfettered discussion of PE. IF DNA proves out and LE advises he is BG, then he can be discussed in this thread, otherwise please post in the thread dedicated to discussion of him.

(And do not turn the PE thread into a Delphi thread either.)

Thanks.

Paul Etter thread can be found here.

That guy represented by that sketch had an alibi. Police now have a reason to disbelieve the alibi. Maybe the alibi has been detained for another crime and has changed his/her story now. So they release the sketch. Old guy has now been discounted. MOO.

I think the first sketch that was released was greatly influenced by what was seen in the video pics, aside from eyewitnesses. The second sketch eyewitness, but more recently, I think they had a sketch done with Voice Analysis, that looked very similar to the sketch they were holding back. MOO
In the AI era, your voice could give away your face

That guy represented by that sketch had an alibi. Police now have a reason to disbelieve the alibi. Maybe the alibi has been detained for another crime and has changed his/her story now. So they release the sketch. Old guy has now been discounted. MOO.

But if the person had an alibi and LE now disbelieve it, that would mean they know who the person is, correct? So why even bother putting out the sketch if they know who the sketch is of?

Admin Reminder:

Do not turn this thread into unfettered discussion of PE. IF DNA proves out and LE advises he is BG, then he can be discussed in this thread, otherwise please post in the thread dedicated to discussion of him.

(And do not turn the PE thread into a Delphi thread either.)

Thanks.

Paul Etter thread can be found here.

Bump.

But if the person had an alibi and LE now disbelieve it, that would mean they know who the person is, correct? So why even bother putting out the sketch if they know who the sketch is of?

I don't get this line of thinking either. If they know who's depicted in the sketch then why waste their own time and resources by asking the public to ID him? That's just hundreds, if not thousands, more tips that they'd have to go through when those man hours could be going to something more useful-like pressuring his peers, continuing the investigation into him, etc. Releasing a new sketch just encourages the very behavior that LE has tried to thwart-like comparing pictures of real people to him on social media. It's opened up a whole new can of worms that they're now probably trying to slog through.

Brookelyn Farthing is an 18 yo who disappeared close to me. In fact, our farm has been searched more than once because it's nearby and we have a lot of acreage. In that case, LE and the rest of the county knows the "who" but not the "why" or "where." It's been incredibly frustrating not to have an arrest, but we also know that for the past few years LE has been searching for evidence to tie the guy(s) to the crime. They're interviewing and pressuring all the people who may not be directly involved but possibly know something. Searches are still being undertaken. Stuff is happening in the investigation to move it forward. They're not asking the public for identification.

Unless I have misunderstood, this hasn't been stated by LE. Could be wrong tho, Anyone?

Several MSM articles have stated that LE has requested his DNA and autopsy reports in connection to the Delphi crime. While it's been insinuated that they are interested, they haven't come right on out and said that he is an official POI, however. At least not as far as I've seen.

IMHO, It’s baffling. The 2 sketches are SO completely different. So many of the same questions. And even when it’s been stated that the suspect may look like a cross between the two sketches, I can’t picture it honestly because of the differences and seeing the sketch that was released to the public then seeing the other one. I’m just so lost.

You’re not the only one I’m still trying to figure out the sketch situation. It wouldn’t shock me if when he is caught he looks like neither of them.

I have speculated in my head that LE got a tip from someone who saw a person parked by the old dcfs building and that's where the first sketch came from. Someone with some sort of influence discounted the it, i.e. Said they drove past and didn't see it, must have been wrong day. I think the witness who gave original sketch saw the car there and the suspect was aware of it, hence LE mentioning it. It makes no sense to ask now, 2 years later, if anyone saw it. No one would remember that reliably. So why say it? I think LE was telling the killer, that eye witness told us you were there and this is what we know you look like. Pure speculation.
Grace, Your post made me wonder ... Remember Carter said vehicle was at the DCS bldg Feb 14, soon correcting in to Feb 13 ? Well, maybe someone in a position to tamper with the tips or data either changed that date Intentionally to throw LE off ... OR, someone mistakenly documented that the car was there Feb 14 (when it was really there the 13th) resulting in that relevant/important tip being put aside. So perhaps Carter's date error was not really a mistake on his part but to reveal that LE now knows about the dates being altered (willfully ...or not) in an attempt at throwing LE off. Would explain a few things, if so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member