Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #109

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to get excited about PE but I'm not there yet. This is something like the 3rd or 4th person on our radar who we've been allowed to discuss and all of them looked good too. My instinct s say he isn't the guy. We don't know that SA was involved with the Delphi girls and PE not only didn't kill his victim, he returned her.

I still think he is someone not on anyone's radar right now.
Sounds like she talked her way out of it according to him. I have never heard of a kidnap and rape victim being taken back to their vehicle. That alone is unbelievable but PE is saying it and so is the victim. I wonder if he had decided to kill himself at that point and so let her go.

Yes he totally looks like the video and I feel like he would sound like the audio. But not the second sketch! Although apparently BG could be a mix of both sketches....don't have the link, but Carter said that.....maybe LE is not 100% sure what sketch is right or if there were disguises involved?

Assuming those Facebook messages were true and not photoshopped, I found it very suspicious that he brought up the Delphi murders first. Not to mention again at the end.

I wonder if he did feel remorse over killing the girls (if he did) - like it wasn't the plan, he just wanted to rape one/both, but they got out of control. He didn't kill this other girl and actually drove her back, which seems odd to me - kind of like he was trying to make up for what happened in Delphi?

Just random thoughts, I don't feel strongly about him, but he is interesting!

If it does turn out to be him, that April PC was a mess!
Height and weight matches.

Last edited:
I want to get excited about PE but I'm not there yet. This is something like the 3rd or 4th person on our radar who we've been allowed to discuss and all of them looked good too. My instinct s say he isn't the guy. We don't know that SA was involved with the Delphi girls and PE not only didn't kill his victim, he returned her.

I still think he is someone not on anyone's radar right now.
Yep!! I hear you. There are somethings that really make me think its a possibility. <modsnip> I'm certainly not convinced its him. I actually hope it is not as I want to see who ever "he" is in ankle chains and I would like him to face the death penalty on our terms...not his!!

I don't discount him because he let his last victim go. I don't think all nuts follow the same routine that other nuts do in regard to the MO having to always be the same.

I say maybe a 30% chance....and your thought that it is someone not on anyone's radar is probably the case!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Blended in so well the godforsaken judge felt bad for imprisoning actual evil!

The mask of the psychopath they are adept at playing upon people's emotions. Asking young college girls for help because of his arm in a cast for example. Smiling looks harmless, and friendly. Uses charm. Manipulates.
I'm curious if BG is considered a charming young man "hiding in plain sight."

Perhaps a crazy thought, but it occurred to me in the past day or so that the whole “OBG/YBG” sketch thing could be something around an online profile.

LE not only released a new younger (and rather different looking) sketch in April. And has also given an age range stipulating that “he could appear younger”. And could look “somewhere between the two sketches”.

Perhaps it’s possible that this new younger sketch is what an online profile pic resembles? A picture BG put forth as a catfish-type picture. Could this be what LE seems to be cryptically implying?

So perhaps BG actually does look like the video snippet and original sketch, but what they’re saying now is “hey folks- think about this new sketch... he may look like THIS from an online profile”....

Just a new angle I was contemplating. Bc the two sketches thing has been flummoxing me to no end!

MOO

Maybe he was catfishing the girls using a younger photo of himself? Didn’t Carter say the suspect would look something between the two sketches?

This is a very clever insight! It even makes the "looks younger than he is" sentence make sense. I think I'm going to rename BG Bridge Generic guy, because everyone looks like him.
Funny you say this! I was just thinking, half of Delphi looks like OBG and the other half like NBG. Go figure. Then I go to the local grocery store and cross paths with a guy that was almost a dead ringer for PE. Crazy!! o_O

Admin Reminder:

Do not turn this thread into unfettered discussion of PE. IF DNA proves out and LE advises he is BG, then he can be discussed in this thread, otherwise please post in the thread dedicated to discussion of him.

(And do not turn the PE thread into a Delphi thread either.)

Thanks.

Paul Etter thread can be found here.

Thank you @margarita25 for keeping on top of the news and posting it all for everyone.

Thank you gregjrichards, you’re welcome. Many of these links have already posted and discussed by others in here as well as in the media thread, but since I’m behind I thought it would be helpful to have all the latest links in one spot for those who need help catching up, including me.

Why are LE saying he is local then? That would be very misleading. They are also saying someone will recognize the mannerisms, the walk etc. I.e. will recognize him as he is now, hiding in plain sight. They seemed adamant about it. Even may be in the room or watching nearby. Were they lying?
I don't believe LE is lying. I believe they are making their best guess with the facts and evidence they have at the time. LE knows far more than we do. However, I still tend to believe - especially after hearing the 20+ minute interview with 1st Sgt Holeman - they think he is local due to what appears to be his knowledge of not just the trail but the areas off the trail.

I believe it is possible that he may have scouted that area sometime in the past 12-24 months leading up to the murders and he wasn't local. However, I can't help but think when shown the sketch past users wouldn't come forward and state they saw him then. They probably wouldn't know what car he drove or his name, but someone would have seen him. That said I still believe it is likely he was in that area sometime in the last 10-20 years either as a resident or a frequent visitor to a relative. The thing about that is if he has not been there in there in years he had to go back sometime before the murders to see how much changed. OR he got very lucky.

If he is, say, 30-35 years old and he was there when he was 10-13 years old, wouldn't someone remember walking that area with him? A classmate? A cousin? A parent, aunt/uncle, grandparent?

The point is whether he scouted the trail before or walked years before he had to gain some knowledge of that trail somehow. This guy has been extremely lucky to still be loose and to have just gone out there cold with no knowledge of the trail whatsoever would just take luck to the extreme.

Yep!! I hear you. There are somethings that really make me think its a possibility. <modsnip> I'm certainly not convinced its him. I actually hope it is not as I want to see who ever "he" is in ankle chains and I would like him to face the death penalty on our terms...not his!!

I don't discount him because he let his last victim go. I don't think all nuts follow the same routine that other nuts do in regard to the MO having to always be the same.

I say maybe a 30% chance....and your thought that it is someone not on anyone's radar is probably the case!!
While I want to see the murderer of Abby and Libby found, I also don’t want it to be PE. It just ends too easy for him. I guess in some strange way I still want my POI to be the one. Lol
I also don’t discount PE but just don’t think he is the one.

I don't think PE is the guy, but the fact that LE is requesting autopsy reports says (to me) that they don't have one specific guy that they're confident about.
At this point I believe LE might just be trying to cover all the bases. You don't want the killer to finally come to trial and then have his attorney point to someone else and state LE didn't do their due diligence on other possible suspect.

At this point I believe LE might just be trying to cover all the bases. You don't want the killer to finally come to trial and then have his attorney point to someone else and state LE didn't do their due diligence on other possible suspect.

No, you don't, but I still don't think they have narrowed it down to one guy. Asking the public to identify a new sketch of a young man, releasing additionl audio and video, seeking the DNA of a 55 yo man...IMO these are not the actions of investigators who know who their guy is and are "building a rock solid case." At least not in any case I have ever followed or written about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake12