Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #109

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think it is possible there was pre-arranged meeting via some social media.
But I also think he was lying in wait next to the bridge, waiting for them to get more than 1/2 way across. He could have attacked anyone, so it is not necessary that there was a pre-arranged meeting.

I have never thought this was random. I’ve always thought they either had contact in school or an activity such as softball, or through social media.

I can’t stop thinking about Libby’s classes at Purdue....

Amateur opinion and speculation
Can someone please remind me, were the classes she taking part of a summer program for local youth or could any person, no matter their age, take the courses? And they were forensics courses, correct?

Can someone please remind me, were the classes she taking part of a summer program for local youth or could any person, no matter their age, take the courses? And they were forensics courses, correct?
I believe it was a summer camp for youth. Really don’t think it has any connection to the murders. But that’s just my feeling and opinion.

KG said in her Q&A with GH that she was attending Super Saturdays. One year she did a mini med course, but more recently there was one on forensics, I believe. You can find out more info about the courses by googling Super Saturdays, GERI and Purdue. They apparently have different tiers of programs ranging from residential camps to summer block courses to ones held on the weekends. They are geared towards gifted students of a range of grades. They have a list of current staff listed, which includes assistant volunteers. But I don't know how you'd check 2017.

Authorities are investigating whether an Indiana man who killed himself during a June standoff with police after allegedly raping a woman was involved in the abduction and murder of two teen girls in 2017.

Paul Etter, 55, of Tippicanoe County, Indiana, killed himself during a five-hour standoff with police in Lebanon, Indiana, on June 27, following a large-scale manhunt.

Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby told the Journal & Courier Friday that Etter's 'name has come up through the process' when asked whether detectives were investigating Etter as the killer of teenagers Liberty German, 14, and Abby Williams, 13, who were abducted and found dead in 2017.

Police say man who killed himself during standoff is possible suspect in murder of two Indiana girls | Daily Mail Online

New article.

It was mentioned Libby had an interest in science and forensics. Pardue presently offers a 4-day summer science camp for teens so that may’ve been the one. BP wasn’t specific on what type of course Libby took, however as she was only in gr 8 I think her young age would’ve prevented her from attending any regular course.

ETA quote
“She was interested in solving crimes or finding clues and her curiosity in the sciences was serious business. She attended several classes at nearby Purdue University to try out different areas to see what interested her most.”
Delphi Daughters: Untold story of Abby & Libby

Last edited:
The reason for this has never been disclosed. It was reported the girl’s families left the press conference upset before it started after being shown the new sketch. I personally think it was to give them some breathing space from being hounded by the media.

at least some of the girls family members were pictured to the left of the room during the press conference.

Authorities are investigating whether an Indiana man who killed himself during a June standoff with police after allegedly raping a woman was involved in the abduction and murder of two teen girls in 2017.

Paul Etter, 55, of Tippicanoe County, Indiana, killed himself during a five-hour standoff with police in Lebanon, Indiana, on June 27, following a large-scale manhunt.

Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby told the Journal & Courier Friday that Etter's 'name has come up through the process' when asked whether detectives were investigating Etter as the killer of teenagers Liberty German, 14, and Abby Williams, 13, who were abducted and found dead in 2017.

Police say man who killed himself during standoff is possible suspect in murder of two Indiana girls | Daily Mail Online

New article.

When LE stated Etter’s name came up “through the process”, I suspect it was because of tips. I’m guessing that only because the possible connection has been mentioned here numerous times.

He doesn't look like the new sketch, but he does look like some frames of the video of BG. suicide seems like a drastic act in the face of rape charges (the way they are currently handled), so he probably has other crimes behind him. Not sure what to think.

When LE stated Etter’s name came up “through the process”, I suspect it was because of tips. I’m guessing that only because the possible connection has been mentioned here numerous times.

Dreamnt last night that a POI had been named. Very vivid, but very brief. I saw the first sentence and a half....and then faded to the next thing. So vivid, though, that I had to check here to confirm it was just a dream.

Wouldn't it be nice, though?
Short time ago I also had a dream. There was a company and then the suspect, then a sudden light bulb in that form, that I very excited thought: Yes! This is the connection, I'm searching for! Great! Finally I know the context of it all! Why didn't we find out before?? It's so easy!! .... The next second I awoke and the whole dream was gone. :(:rolleyes: I tried to remember the company or sort of company, but nothing, unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Short time ago I also had a dream. There was a company and then the suspect, then a sudden light bulb in that form, that I very excited thought: Yes! This is the connection, I'm searching for! Great! Finally I know the context of it all! Why didn't we find out before?? It's so easy!! .... The next second I awoke and the whole dream was gone. :(:rolleyes: I tried to remember the company or sort of company, but nothing, unfortunately.
You and I probably need to spend less time thinking about this case.

He doesn't look like the new sketch, but he does look like some frames of the video of BG. suicide seems like a drastic act in the face of rape charges (the way they are currently handled), so he probably has other crimes behind him. Not sure what to think.

I don’t know but the face of the video could resemble millions of men because it’s so blurry. LE didn’t seem overly interested in him and already a month has passed. At age 55 he was far beyond someone in their 20s or 30s who might look even younger.

I believe it was a summer camp for youth. Really don’t think it has any connection to the murders. But that’s just my feeling and opinion.
What is your basis for eliminating anyone she met at Purdue as a potential suspect? I think her time there should be carefully examined, and the connections she made.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Libby's mother CT, Mike Patty and Becky Patty attended the entire April 22nd press conference, along with other family members and friends. You can find pictures of them on the Journal and Courier website and in news footage covering the PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper