Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #109

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was mentioned Libby had an interest in science and forensics. Pardue presently offers a 4-day summer science camp for teens so that may’ve been the one. BP wasn’t specific on what type of course Libby took, however as she was only in gr 8 I think her young age would’ve prevented her from attending any regular course.

ETA quote
“She was interested in solving crimes or finding clues and her curiosity in the sciences was serious business. She attended several classes at nearby Purdue University to try out different areas to see what interested her most.”
Delphi Daughters: Untold story of Abby & Libby
I seriously think it was Libby's interest in crime that helped give her the insight to turn on her phone's video/audio function.

Police say man who killed himself during standoff is possible suspect in murder of two Indiana girls | Daily Mail Online

Is this the girls murderer? Police are looking into it...however the suspect is dead, suicide in a standoff on June 27.

Name Paul Etter
From Tippicanoe County, Indiana
Age 55

Accused in a abducting and killing another girl

His name has come up before in the murder of Abby and Libby

He did not kill the other girl. He kidnapped her and sexually assaulted her before dropping her off at her own car.

I have a question for those who think this was a targeted attack. And I'm sincere. I'd like to better understand the thoughts behind this theory.

If there was a plan to kill the girls at the trail that day, than why did he cross the bridge (or the creek, if you believe he lead them from the south end and across the creek)? Why not hang around the north end and block their way back without crossing the bridge? Crossing the bridge (or the creek) seems unnecessary considering where the bodies were found.

I guess that's why I've always seen this as a random attack. Like he didn't really know what he was doing as he was doing it. I'm not saying he hadn't already decided to kill them (or abduct, or SA), possibly, once he saw them (so targeted after the fact), but I don't see his actions as boldly per-meditated.

Also, to be fair, I'm not looking at this with a specific suspect in mind. I'm open to the idea that crossing the bridge/creek was reasonable in the right circumstances, to the right person.

Please give me your thoughts.

Last edited:
I'm frankly surprised it took that long for them to mention PE as a possible suspect. Look, they have a recording of BG's voice. I'm sure they have footage of PE at the final standoff that includes audio. Does that agency use bodycams? If so, can't they do a voiceprint comparison and at least give a percentage of likelihood that it's him? I know there's a lot of legwork that has to be done as far as his movements and whereabouts during the time period in question, but unless they have DNA which would crucify the guy, all we know is what's publicly available -- a blurry video and a recorded voice.

And the last thing we want to do is to attribute a crime to a dead guy by mistake, leaving the real killer to roam free and kill again, I get that.

I have a question for those who think this was a targeted attack. And I'm sincere. I'd like to better understand the thoughts behind this theory.

If there was a plan to kill the girls at the trail that day, than why did he cross the bridge (or the creek, if you believe he lead them from the south end and across the creek)? Why not hang around the north end and block their way back without crossing the bridge? Crossing the bridge (or the creek) seems unnecessary considering where the bodies were found.

I guess that's why I've always seen this as a random attack. Like he didn't really know what he was doing as he was doing it. I'm not saying he hadn't already decided to kill them (or abduct, or SA), possibly, once he saw them (so targeted after the fact), but I don't see his actions as boldly per-meditated.

Also, to be fair, I'm not looking at this with a specific suspect in mind. I'm open to the idea that crossing the bridge/creek was reasonable in the right circumstances, to the right person.

I think it is now reasonably obvious the perp knows the area very well. Therefore he knew that end of the bridge was remote and possibly even knew the property there was empty at that time of day and year.
From what we have now heard about SM, I think it likely they were cat fished to meet at the end of the bridge by a stranger or someone who knew them but they possibly didn't know them well, except perhaps as a family acquaintance. Hence the video Libby took - she was suspicious with good reason IMO.

Last edited:
I think it is now reasonably obvious the perp knows the area very well. Therefore he knew that end of the bridge was remote and possibly even knew the property there was empty at that time of day and year.
From what we have now heard about SM, I think it likely they were cat fished to meet at the end of the bridge by a stranger or someone who knew them but they possibly didn't know them well, except perhaps as a family acquaintance. Hence the video Libby took - she was suspicious with good reason IMO.
Going off this thought process, why would he have killed them on the north side of the creek? Are you thinking he crossed the bridge or the creek to get there?

Hi, I read a post I think by @Tresir2019, apologies if it was someone else about the possible route that was taken to end up at the final place. It made a lot of sense. It made me change my original thoughts. I now think that he followed them across the bridge to check no one was around. He either turned back and hid at the North end knowing that they would make their way back to pick up there lift home The girls either crossed back and were ambushed or were freaked out and went through the woods and across the creek. Either way he was on the side that led to the pick up point. I'm not convinced the words down the hill were said at the south side. All MOO

IMO there was much question about controlling two victims. He had to have controlled them through fear, a weapon or physical restraint, or something similar. Always thought he posed as LE with handcuffs for trespassing.

IMO there was much question about controlling two victims. He had to have controlled them through fear, a weapon or physical restraint, or something similar. Always thought he posed as LE with handcuffs for trespassing.
Really interesting speculation I hadn't considered. If this is the case, the autopsy probably will have likely shown marks on the wrists consistent with that type of restraint.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Hi, I read a post I think by @Tresir2019, apologies if it was someone else about the possible route that was taken to end up at the final place. It made a lot of sense. It made me change my original thoughts. I now think that he followed them across the bridge to check no one was around. He either turned back and hid at the North end knowing that they would make their way back to pick up there lift home The girls either crossed back and were ambushed or were freaked out and went through the woods and across the creek. Either way he was on the side that led to the pick up point. I'm not convinced the words down the hill were said at the south side. All MOO
Yeah, this is along my way of thinking, too. It makes more sense in my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper