Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #110

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's easy to understand, some witnesses saw him wearing a scarf and a hat and a hoodie and some didn't. It is very possible he had these things on to hide his head and face. In the video, his scarf is pulled down because he knew they were not going to be witnesses- he didn't know he was being filmed. AJMO.

Ps..

See what youve both done?! Ive been off 'Delphi' for 2wks now. I swore Id never take it again. I only popped in to bring some Bon Mots and check the air-conditioning units ,.......now look....Im posting about the damn scarf/vid/le intention/ etc...

It's easy to understand, some witnesses saw him wearing a scarf and a hat and a hoodie and some didn't. It is very possible he had these things on to hide his head and face. In the video, his scarf is pulled down because he knew they were not going to be witnesses- he didn't know he was being filmed. AJMO.
It's all beyond me Tresir ,man.

Do LE think the perp had a scarf with him that day? Are they only wanting info from people who saw him sans scarf or scarf in 'down' mode?

Why have they not continued to include it in descriptions?

In my experience, Delphites ARE talking. They just closed ranks. In the early months, just saying you were from Delphi, or live there, would net you with dozens of new friend requests, each person messaging that they wanted to talk "privately" about the case. The media came out and interviewed my cousin's teen daughter and she was suddenly flooded with new "friend" requests. People would innocently share their their thoughts, only to find that their messages were screenshot and shared in the sleuthing groups. Then there were the people driving to Delphi for crime tourism, sometimes literally walking around people's yards with their cameras, trying to make YouTube videos. My aunt about had a heart attack when she found a guy out back, trying to livestream. When my uncle (75, 300lbs & bald) ran the dude off, he hollered that he was going to call in a tip about my uncle. People are nuts. And God help you if you had a picture on your page of someone in a blue jacket...

People have ideas, they have theories, they're just not being publicly vocal. And I don't blame them.

Source: firsthand experience

Thanks for this information. This different perspective changes mine. I don’t blame them either.

Actually it is a scarf. A link describing him in a scarf has been discovered so end of speculation, what that white thing is. When you pop back we will likely have the answer re the creek as well. Or have the perp arrested.
:)

It looks like a handle on a plastic shopping bag. It may be that he had a bag of something stuffed in his coat.

It's all beyond me Tresir ,man.

Do LE think the perp had a scarf with him that day? Are they only wanting info from people who saw him sans scarf or scarf in 'down' mode?

Why have they not continued to include it in descriptions?
I just gave a possible explanation. He can remove scarf and hat and put it in his pocket. This explains the differing witness descriptions. Why they mentioned it in initial description could be because they only had one very scared witness at that time. Then others came forward. The original sketch issued wasn't done till July, 5 months after the murders. Now they have gone back to an early sketch sans hat. Who the heck knows except LE. Someone definitely saw a scarf at some point as it has been mentioned in MSM and in GH video and it could be what is seen at BG's neck. That's three possible sources. It is the same situation as the "ignore hat" situation yet they draw it on the sketch. My case rests your honour.
:)

I don't really think it matters, at this point, whether he was wearing a scarf or not. Or whether LE includes it in their current description of perp or not. No one, 2 1/2 years later, is going to suddenly remember a person they saw that had a scarf or didn't have a scarf to an extent where they'd suddenly call in a tip to LE now b/c of said scarf (or lack thereof).

The only reason LE released the latest YBG sketch is to jog memories of witnesses who may have originally discounted young guys b/c they were only thinking LE were looking for older scruffy OBG types. And also (MO) to scare the perp by showing they knew it was a younger guy and they were in going in a "different direction." Scarf is irrelevant IMO.

MOO.

I don't really think it matters, at this point, whether he was wearing a scarf or not. Or whether LE includes it in their current description of perp or not. No one, 2 1/2 years later, is going to suddenly remember a person they saw that had a scarf or didn't have a scarf to an extent where they'd suddenly call in a tip to LE now b/c of said scarf (or lack thereof).

The only reason LE released the latest YBG sketch is to jog memories of witnesses who may have originally discounted young guys b/c they were only thinking LE were looking for older scruffy OBG types. And also (MO) to scare the perp by showing they knew it was a younger guy and they were in going in a "different direction." Scarf is irrelevant IMO.

MOO.
What if a scarf or hat with DNA on it was found at the crime scene? It would matter then certainly.

What if a scarf or hat with DNA on it was found at the crime scene? It would matter then certainly.

Oh for sure- in terms of DNA it would be a very critical piece to the case. But in terms of it being in the official LE perp description, and whether a witness saw a scarf or not, it just doesn't matter at this point. All MOO.

MOO.
I tend to agree. It's been stated various ways by LE that the sketch is a "ballpark," "not a photo," a "combination of the two," etc. I think, as you said, the emphasis was that the perp is now considered to be younger than before, by nearly 20 years. People are visual creatures, so if LE stated the new age at a PC, but without a new "face," people would have a tough time grasping it. Even with a new face they do.

MOO.
I disagree because that day is going to be etched in witnesses minds. I also think LE realised they have made a mistake somewhere along the way and that is why they released the original sketch. I think they discounted witnesses who had stated they saw a young person and went with the old descriptions, for whatever reason. I can't explain why they dropped the scarf (and hat) from the description, except for the reason they have retrieved them and know he removed them at some point based on witness info. They have stated they have some specific scientific evidence and the reddish brown hair has not changed from old to new sketch. I think they may have hair evidence, possibly from scarf/hat/crime scene. He may have dropped them when escaping. I really cannot see where the reddish brown hair evidence comes from otherwise. Because of this I am hopeful.

Just a reminder what was said at the April PC

“Now, as the investigation has matured and past information has been reassessed,” ISP’s release said, “it is the belief of investigators with the Multi-Agency Task Force that the person depicted in the sketch released on April 22 more accurately represents the person wanted for the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.”

The new sketch features what police called a man with “a youthful appearance, but could fall in the age range from his 20s to late-30s.”

THE SUSPECT: Police continue to look for a white male between 5-foot-6 and 5-foot-10, weighing 180 to 200 pounds, with reddish brown hair. On Monday, Indiana State Police released a new composite photo of a new suspect, putting his age in his mid-20s to late-30s. Images and video on Libby German’s cellphone show a man walking across Monon High Bridge that day, wearing blue jeans, a blue jacket and a hat. Police also release a recording, taken from Libby’s phone, of a man saying, “Guys, down the hill.”

ISP: We're 'one tip away' from solving Delphi murders
"When we decided that, through the information we received, that we were going to release the second sketch I don’t believe the individual knew we were going to do that. So it was really, really important. I think he was probably there and/or watching, simply because he thought we were on the wrong path," Carter said.

"The sketch isn’t a photograph. A sketch is a sketch and that’s really important for everybody to understand," Carter said. "I believe that the individual when we catch him, it will be a combination of those two.”

"Those two girls, once we tell you all we know about them you might understand a little bit more about why it’s so emotional, but I think of Abby and Libby all the time." - Carter

Thanks for this information. This different perspective changes mine. I don’t blame them either.

I have ties to 2 high-profile crimes right now, this one and Savannah Spurlocks', and it has really opened my eyes to what can happen to the locals and community when something like this happens. It's very overwhelming.

December 23, 2017

The scarf is also mentioned in this GH video "Derrick's Path' at the 18:03 mark.
This video has some decent information regarding witness sightings and times and lay of the land info.

JMO

Thank you for bringing this forward.

I highly recommend taking a view for anyone who missed it. GH really does a great job (Hi @grayhuze :wave:) )

I believe this is the case. I think they have their guy, but his DNA is not in any database, except maybe a genealogy site - would they need a subpoena for that?

I think his alibi is covering for him with religious fervor and the loyalty of a father.

I think people know who BG is.

Hindsight is always 20-20. How many of us thought that having a still shot from a video and the guys voice, that they would have the killer under arrest in a month?

I mean, when there is blurry images elsewhere in like a subway attack, someone identifies the guy (amongst total strangers) within hours.

This one really baffles me. They must have their guy but he has an air tight (for the moment) alibi.

being identified and having probable cause to arrest are very different things.
I think they have to know , but I do think he did live in Delphi then went off close to school where he was back and forth , and yes the father covering for him with religious fervor and but not the loyalty of a father, the fear of the perfect family going poof....along with Job (yes Job way of life) and Maybe the fear of wrecking wifey's lifestyle and not being so christian after all . IMO JMO and MOO

I lean towards agreeing with you last sentence. I also lean towards believing that there will be no additional progress unless:
1)They lean on their suspect in some kind of public fashion...which may have been the point of 4/22, after all...and
2)Unless they give out more information that will allow whoever can break the alibi to do so......or to simply make a connection.

Otherwise, I am gonna start believing that this case is being buried...for whatever reason. It is already pretty clear to me the LE's hands have been tied, given that no prosecutor stood with LE on 4/22.
If you know, is it true the former prosecutor of Carroll County has been reinstated? I can only find one mention of it, can't be linked here, have not been able to confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018