Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #110

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't we all thinking the same thing and aren't we allowed to use initials if said person has not been named. or is it totally off limits because the presser gave hints that are almost impossible to ignore.
Nope. No initials or sleuthing here unless LE has officially named a person. And, even if they have named someone, sleuthing and discussing family of the person is also not allowed.

If you suspect that you and another poster are thinking along the same lines, you can always open up a private conversation to inquire, discuss, and share thoughts and info. But not here on the main thread.

Last edited:
I've been looking at the SC photos again and there's something I don't understand. It's been assumed that the b/w photo looking south on the bridge (not including Abby) was taken first, and then a bit further across the bridge, Libby stepped onto the platform and turned around to take the photo of Abby. Okay, that seems logical, but since they both say "7 h ago," we only really know they were taken within the same hour's time, right? Did she post them at the same time, or separately? Couldn't she have saved them to memories and posted later, like at the end of the bridge or something? Also, why is the timer in the upper right hand corner so much different on the two circulated photos? Were they saved by someone at different times during the 24 hours they were available?

So much weight is put on the SC photo timing, I just want to understand.
Regarding the timer, SC allows you to set a time limit on what you post. Example: I take a picture and post it with a 10 second time limit, or no limit, or 5 second limit, etc. Once posted, the timer pops up counting down the time you selected.

Good point. Yet why do they think the public is going to recognise him in that case? Do you think the one person he told is an accomplice or alibi? If so that person is in great danger if still alive.
I don't feel it is a matter of just recognizing the perp in your town. I think the bigger issue at play is DENIAL Somehow the human mind can "see" the truth, but denial quickly takes control and negates the thought. Other than being a protective coping mechanism, I don't understand how it works from a psychological standpoint. There is still so much we don't know about how the human mind works and all of its intricate capabilities.

I believe this is why Carter keeps alluding to the perp being in plain sight and right under people's noses. I bet there are a lot folks in and around Delphi who recognize BG, but denial has clouded their thinking, and hence, they go about their own lives and never consider submitting a tip, because DENIAL says "Oh what a stupid thought I had - he can't be BG, he would NEVER do anything like that."

JMO, MOO, etc.

Last edited:
Regarding the timer, SC allows you to set a time limit on what you post. Example: I take a picture and post it with a 10 second time limit, or no limit, or 5 second limit, etc. Once posted, the timer pops up counting down the time you selected.
Even if we knew for fact that 2:07 was the exact time of the post, do we know for sure that's when she took the pictures? I'm not suggesting anything, but I'm trying to figure out if it's even possible she could have posted them both (or were they posted separately?) somewhere off the bridge. What if she did that right before the video of BG, or what if BG recrossed and they followed, and the b/w south facing photo was on the way back? Or something. IDK, I just want to figure out how much weight to put into the SC photo times.

GH says there are "knowable facts" in this case, and from what I've seen, the SC photo times is treated as such. Yet I can't find any flat out answers to these questions. :)

Even if we knew for fact that 2:07 was the exact time of the post, do we know for sure that's when she took the pictures? I'm not suggesting anything, but I'm trying to figure out if it's even possible she could have posted them both (or were they posted separately?) somewhere off the bridge. What if she did that right before the video of BG, or what if BG recrossed and they followed, and the b/w south facing photo was on the way back? Or something. IDK, I just want to figure out how much weight to put into the SC photo times.

GH says there are "knowable facts" in this case, and from what I've seen, the SC photo times is treated as such. Yet I can't find any flat out answers to these questions. :)

If you post a saved photo, it will say from the camera roll on the post.

If you post a saved photo, it will say from the camera roll on the post.
What about posted from memories? I found an article dated 2016 that talked about being able to save to SC memories to post later. Or is that the same thing?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thank you! That helps a lot.

I still don't know how they got the 2:07 time, or if the photos were posted to SC together or separate, or which was posted first, but it looks like she didn't save them and post them from memories or camera roll. If I'm understanding it correctly... :)
From what I understand, she was posting a story so I would guess that there were more photos and perhaps videos prior to these bridge pics. That could be how they know the exact time. This will all be part of the evidence leading up to the crime and how LE will determine actual TOD, I would imagine, in conjuction with the autopsy results. MOO.

Thank you! That helps a lot.

I still don't know how they got the 2:07 time, or if the photos were posted to SC together or separate, or which was posted first, but it looks like she didn't save them and post them from memories or camera roll. If I'm understanding it correctly... :)

Correct.

They weren’t posted from photos saved to memories or camera roll, but they could’ve been saved to camera roll (probably not - stored locally on the phone and takes up a lot of space) or SC memories (probably - stored on the SC server/cloud and not locally on the phone) simultaneously when posted to her story.

I personally think the denial of the community is wrapped in the drama of the delusions of those involved. The psychodynamics involved within the family and immediate community would be typical of the narcissistic type, with flying monkeys, compensation-distraction overtures, gaslighting, projection etc. It's nothing simple or straightforward and it's probably long standing enough that it is deeply seated and covered with layers of false evidence of the suspect's innocence in general.

I'm sure there are people that know, but cannot come forward without having their names ruined.

If LE has a suspect, who is well-known/identifiable in the community, I'm wondering if not that person would be getting harassed? It's hard for me to get my head around a POI walking the local streets when there are many who would suspect him. Not discounting the notion at all, just not able to form a picture of what that looks like on a day to day basis there in town.

There is something I have been thinking about that I wasn't sure it was worth posting on here, but I finally asked my SO about it last night and I've googled it and I'm not any clearer, so thought I'd throw it out here and hear everyone's thoughts :)

I wanted to focus on things that have remained the same about the description of BG since the release of the new sketch. I believe height is one of those things, that has been discussed by people a few times IIRC.

But what do you think reddish-brown hair is? I can picture people with brown hair, red hair, sandy brown hair, blondish-red hair. I have trouble picturing reddish brown hair. Maybe it is just me. When I googled it, I got a lot of images of hair dyed kind of unnatural colours. The natural hair images that came up - I was not sure they were definitely reddish-brown. The images of BG look like sandy coloured hair to me. Thoughts?

Last edited:
There is something I have been thinking about that I wasn't sure it was worth posting on here, but I finally asked my SO about it last night and I've googled it and I'm not any clearer, so thought I'd throw it out here and hear everyone's thoughts :)

I wanted to focus on things that have remained the same about the description of BG since the release of the new sketch. I believe height is one of those things, that has been discussed by people a few times IIRC.

But what do you think reddish-brown hair is? I can picture people with brown hair, red hair, sandy brown hair, blondish-red hair. I have trouble picturing reddish brown hair. Maybe it is just me. When I googled it, I got a lot of images of hair dyed kind of unnatural colours. The natural hair images that came up - I was not sure they were definitely reddish-brown. The images of BG look like sandy coloured hair to me. Thoughts?

Reddish brown, to me, is like the guy from Dexter. His hair looks brown, but can look reddish in scenes with a lot of sunlight. Plus, you can see red in his facial hair. Not meaning to be morbid with my example. He truly was the only famous person that I could think of who has what I’d define as reddish brown hair. He’s been in a lot of shows/movies, but I figured more people would be familiar with Dexter even if they didn’t watch it.

But what do you think reddish-brown hair is? I can picture people with brown hair, red hair, sandy brown hair, blondish-red hair. I have trouble picturing reddish brown hair. Maybe it is just me. When I googled it. I got a lot of images of hair dyed kind of unnatural colours. The natural hair images that came up - I was not sure they were definitely reddish-brown. The images of BG look like sandy coloured hair to me. Thoughts?

To me, it’s differentiating the color from a classic “red hair” image. When I think just straight up “red” hair, I think more Pippy Longstocking type hair- hair that often goes along with pale complexion and freckles. When I hear “reddish-brown” hair, I think more dark auburn or a darker brownish color.

So IMO, LE is not looking for a guy with red hair, freckles, and pale skin. They’re looking for a guy that has brown hair but a bit rusty. MOO.

Think of it as though someone was describing a women's hair color. You might say "It is brown with blonde, or red, or whatever color highlights." I think it is similar when describing a guy's hair color. So, "reddish-brown", to me, translates to brown with reddish highlights. I don't mean to imply it has been colored, either at home or in a salon, but rather the highlights are natural and depending upon the light, sunlight, etc., his hair could look reddish. Hope this makes sense!
JMO, MOO, etc.

FWIW To me Dale Earnhardt Jr's hair is a good example of reddish brown hair. MOO

***** MODS *****

Could you please add a link for Thread #109 to the list of threads on page 1?
Thank you!

Valid thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members