Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #113

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if both girls were very active on social media sites? I know it's been mentioned Abby had a FB account on the sly. I gather Snapchat is a big thing also but what exactly is the premise of that. None of the pictures someone posts stay on the platform, ever? What's the draw for that age group to use that? Wouldn't they want their pictures to stay on a FB type platform for all to see?

I know the kids were very active on Facebooks, till the parents discovered this SM. It is very convenient for adults, sales and all, so naturally, parents ended up befriending their kids to monitor their Facebooks. This is when kids took to Snapchat. The idea of a post disappearing is attractive to kids, but not to adults.

I am sure nobody can answer this but I have always been curious about the 42000 tips. Do you think maybe 10000 came in on one guy and 6000 on another guy and a couple thousand on the same person here or there? I wonder if the people of Delphi were worried about certain people.

Yes. And another 10000 from people who for some reason were not happy with their neighbors, or sons-in-law. And a large group might be simply lured by the huge reward. MOO x 3

The problem is, one of these nasty sons-in-laws, neighbors or even people from random photos might be BG, but unless Delphi police hears something pertinent to February 13, they have nothing to work with.

99% of tips are usually useless and most are ridiculous. I'd recommend listening to the First Season of the podcast In The Dark about Jacob Wetterling. Insanely his family had a phone in their house specifically to answer tips from the public to help LE out with the case (i know it's unbelievable) and there's an episode on the tips. There was hundreds of calls a day: tonnes of pranks, attention seekers, stupid things like dreams and psychic intuitions, award seekers just making random guesses, people who just wanted to wish them luck but had nothing of value to add. It's a different case of course but i'd imagine it's largely the same, you have to go through them all to get to that 1% that could be useful.

Let me just start with wow! Wow-being I have been so busy with my highschool teens and pre-school(yes) child that I haven’t done much but pop on to try and read here and there. I have to say though after everything I read, what keeps bugging me is that LE says we and everyone on YouTube portraying and re-enacting has it wrong. Do we actually have a TOD? I hate to even ask this because it is a terrible question to ask... but it seems pertinent. I have seen so many things that are most likely rumor and some fact that it is honestly hard to wade through it all, even now. <modsnip: Please do not discuss rumors>

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it’s possible. There are lots of other sites/apps that could have been used too- from Kik, to Tik-Tok, to Sarahah (allows anonymous posts). Just so many possibilities.

But if they were confronted through SM, LE probably has been able to track it by now. And if they were confronted I also think it likely wasn’t by someone their age. Just based on the images of BG and also the age range given by LE.

MOO.
MJ, I meant do you think the way Snapchat is structured, do you think it would give kids Abby and Libby's age the anonymous nerve to confront an adult about something? I'm wondering if there may be a connection to an adult through one of the girls school friends.

Regarding LE believing this killer is local, I have my doubts he CURRENTLY lives in the area. To the best of my knowledge, none of the witnesses stated they had seen him before on the trail. Of course, this could have been his first time there in a year or two and he wasn't a frequent visitor. But if he was currently local, I would have thought a witness would have stated they had seen him before at fast food place, a diner, a grocery store or some other place.
Yet it would appear that he has been to the trail before and apparently more than once before in order to know about the property at the end and below the bridge. And crossing the creek to get to the cemetery. I think it is very likely this killer does not live in the general area - within 30-40 miles - BUT lived or visited relatives there when he was in middle school or earlier. I believe if he attended high school there he would likely have been recognized by now.
That is my most likely theory, but not my only one.
What if this is someone who likes to visit trails throughout the northern KY, IN and even IL areas? I wonder if there is an association, group or even a Facebook group of trail hikers? If so, could he be in there?
Then there is the over 40K in tips. I can't recall a case with such a massive volume of tips and still have them coming in over 2 years later. That is a tribute to a joint effort of LE, YouTubers and the families combined. Yet with such a volume of tips even with today's database software it can unmanageable. I doubt if even the best database software developers envisioned having to manage such a volume. I believe there is a very real possibility that he is in there somewhere. Someone called it in and for whatever reason it didn't result in a strong enough interest from LE. If that is the case the tipster hasn't likely called it in again, probably assuming LE properly and thoroughly looked at the person and cleared them.
BBM --Exactly

I don't know if I'm alone here but lately when WS is slow and I can't get on the thread I start to panic and think maybe its because something big has happened in this case and the system just can't handle the amount of posting...I quickly check online sources to see if something is going on in Delphi!!

I guess its just hopeful thinking on my part... I suppose that when the day does come it will break the internet!!!
LOL--I think the same thing.. When WS is slow to upload or it says I cannot connect..I go full Panic mode thinking something must have broke out in the news and I missed it UGH

99% of tips are usually useless and most are ridiculous. I'd recommend listening to the First Season of the podcast In The Dark about Jacob Wetterling. Insanely his family had a phone in their house specifically to answer tips from the public to help LE out with the case (i know it's unbelievable) and there's an episode on the tips. There was hundreds of calls a day: tonnes of pranks, attention seekers, stupid things like dreams and psychic intuitions, award seekers just making random guesses, people who just wanted to wish them luck but had nothing of value to add. It's a different case of course but i'd imagine it's largely the same, you have to go through them all to get to that 1% that could be useful.
And I have witnessed ex wives/ex girlfriends tipping in their ex's just to get even for a family/personal dispute. OMG...why waste LE time with this BS ??? This just ticks me off

And I have witnessed ex wives/ex girlfriends tipping in their ex's just to get even for a family/personal dispute. OMG...why waste LE time with this BS ??? This just ticks me off

Agreed, it's pathetic. I have actually heard of cases were an annoyed girlfriend or wife has given the perp up after an argument, so as unlikely as it is hopefully if he's married or dating (i doubt it personally) a falling out leads to his wife/gf giving him up.

I apologize for butting in. I have not been following this case since 2017. Out of frustration/curiosity I’m catching up. I’ve watched/rewatched all of the pressers. I looked at past WS comments and ancillary stuff.

I know Tricia runs a tight ship so I am hesitant to post my thoughts. But from afar (Colorado/Utah and formerly a Wisconsinite) I’ve got some thoughts.

The audio is definately a South Eastern Midwestern voice. Twangy and reedy/tin-ey. Not deep and with no long Minnesota or Wisconsin ooohs.

Doug Carter’s emotive April 2019 presser is very revealing. Especially his comments about “The Shack.” As well as his comments about the killer(s) being familiar with Delphi. As well with later follow-ups that the younger composite and older composite may have similarities. As well as his comments about the killer sharing info to another.

I believe there may be a religious component. I was raised a Methodist and lived in Utah for while so I can relate to Doug Carter’s emotions and The Shack reference. Beliefs can force a kind of pathway thing.

I believe the families of Abby and Libby to be totally uninvolved. I don’t think there are any drug or SRO or meat-packing plant connections. My heart just breaks for the families and Liberty and Abigail.

Agree on the description of voice. MOO he came up from the SE some time or other.

MJ, I meant do you think the way Snapchat is structured, do you think it would give kids Abby and Libby's age the anonymous nerve to confront an adult about something? I'm wondering if there may be a connection to an adult through one of the girls school friends.

Oh, got it. Well, from my personal experience (from having kids who use it), I don’t think kids that age would generally use Snapchat to communicate with adults- particularly to confront. I also think they’d use something more anonymous. I see Snapchat as just a quick way to communicate and make plans, etc. Not really a “serious thoughts” communications medium. If that makes sense.

However, I suppose it could depend on HOW familiar the kid(s) were with the adult. If they were friendly, or related to the adult, then perhaps they’d say something confrontational- just because it would be part of a broader casual relationship they would have over Snapchat. But I’d think the adult would have to have a particularly “buddy” type relationship with the kid(s).

I think I’m probably not expressing my thoughts clearly and may have confused you now :confused: :)

MOO

(eta clarity. hopefully.)

Last edited:
Hi StarryStarryNight,

JMO
IF the girls posted/messaged “we’re going to take pictures of the bridge”, or something similar which specifies the MHB as their destination, it seems all someone would have to do is hang out on the trail near the bridge where they could see people approaching from both directions, or at least the direction from which the girls would most likely come. This assumes BG was monitoring a social media account which the girls posted to and that he was in the Delphi area when they posted it. It also assumes the girls were specifically targeted.
JMO

~RIP M+J
Maybe the social media account BG was monitoring was his child's account?

Let me just start with wow! Wow-being I have been so busy with my highschool teens and pre-school(yes) child that I haven’t done much but pop on to try and read here and there. I have to say though after everything I read, what keeps bugging me is that LE says we and everyone on YouTube portraying and re-enacting has it wrong. Do we actually have a TOD? I hate to even ask this because it is a terrible question to ask... but it seems pertinent. I have seen so many things that are most likely rumor and some fact that it is honestly hard to wade through it all, even now. Some rumors have even tried claiming things like girls were taken elsewhere ie:shed, storgage building etc and only brought back and placed in the spot they were discovered. Do we know definitively this isn’t the case? I just need to clarify in my own mind after over 100+ threads and everyone questioning everything lately I guess even the time of the SC photos
NO--nothing has been release regarding TOD , COD or anything else you have been reading ...LE has not mentioned if girls were taken and then brought back or anything like that. Just want to catch you up to speed. Life keeps us busy and we (I) dont always have time to check in, but I have kept up on this case only and LE has not mentioned or verified any of your questions. UGH ( I wish they would, but no such luck LOL)

Oh, got it. Well, from my personal experience (from having kids who use it), I don’t think kids that age would generally use Snapchat to communicate with adults- particularly to confront. I also think they’d use something more anonymous. I see Snapchat as just a quick way to communicate and make plans, etc. Not really a “serious thoughts” communications medium. If that makes sense.

However, I suppose it could depend on HOW familiar the kid(s) were with the adult. If they were friendly, or related to the adult, then perhaps they’d say something confrontational- just because it would be part of a broader casual relationship they would have over Snapchat. But I’d think the adult would have to have a particularly “buddy” type relationship with the kid(s).

I think I’m probably not expressing my thoughts clearly and may have confused you now :confused: :)

MOO

No thank you, that was very clear and helps a lot. I appreciate you're input as my kids are too old to have used certain SM platforms that are more popular now.

MOO

No thats right. Memes, snippets, tiny gales of laughter etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members