Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #113

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two Quick questions for the group.

BG Video
If the video was shot in selfie mode, does that mean everything is reversed or in mirror mode? Has this been taken into account? I do wish they would release the video in its standard format and not zoomed in.

The Couple(Under or on the Bridge)
Do we know if they have been Identified and questioned? If not why has LE not asked if anyone saw a couple at the trail that day? If they might be a witness or even a suspect I would think LE would also want to speak with them.

I really don't think the video was taken in selfie mode. I have nothing to substantiate my opinion. If anything I think LG put the camera on zoom because she was curious and perhaps like us wondered where BG appeared from. What we appear to have been presented with is a zoomed in video/photo by LG with additional zoomed in for further clarity by the really clever people.

edited again
Just an opinion
MingyMoo

Last edited:
I really don't think the video was taken in selfie mode. I have nothing to substantiate my opinion. If anything I think LG put the camera on zoom and what we have been presented with is a zoomed in by LG and additional zoomed in for further clarity by the really clever people.

Just an opinion
MingyMoo

I thought the same as you until recently. Pull up the SC pic and the still of BG. Note the angle of the bridge in the background. They are both walking the same direction based on their shadows.

Now lay a stick or something at an angle on a flat surface. Look at it through the front facing camera then turn around and look at it in selfie mode. The angle of the stick mimics the bridge angles in the 2 pics.

I’m still trying to work out why the camera is assumed to be held low. If I can’t see what I’m filming it’s hard to get the angle right so I capture what I want in the frame and keep the video steady. I’ve got to think about this some more.

According to Foreigner’s timeline in media thread:

“3:14
Derrick, Libby's dad call Libby again saying he has arrived at the meeting point,
no answer just voicemail, so he walk towards the trailhead, didn't see anybody....

3:35
Derrick walk down to the Freedom Bridge and on his way he meet the older man again (the FSM witness ?).

4:00
Derrick has walked back to the meeting point.”

So roughly 45 minutes or less to make the loop. And that does appear accurate with respect to the miles per hour estimate.

No snark to the OP (whose name I can’t remember now!) at all intended- I’m genuinely curious as to why we are second guessing DG’s timeline? Is it to try to ascertain how far down the path to the lower part of the bridge DG may have ventured based on how long it took him to return to meeting point?

MOO.
A couple of reasons for me. To check the timeline accuracy, to check the witnesses accuracy and to see how long it possibly took. DG is a large man who would not have found all that walking easy IMO. If he had gone in a different direction, who knows he may have seen the perp himself, that's what I am thinking. MOO

Sorry, having trouble linking video but I have a question.
It is in reference to the video of the searchers in the creek taken by a news helicopter or a drone.
Can someone tell me why one search and rescue guy is in black but all the others are in orange?
Would he be the lead?
Thanks for any help
The man in black could have been a diver. They usually wear black wet suits.

I really don't think the video was taken in selfie mode. I have nothing to substantiate my opinion. If anything I think LG put the camera on zoom because she was curious and perhaps like us wondered where BG appeared from. What we appear to have been presented with is a zoomed in video/photo by LG with additional zoomed in for further clarity by the really clever people.

edited again
Just an opinion
MingyMoo

Mingymoo, you might’ve just solved a mystery for me! Why do you think she zoomed in? I agree, but just wondering if you are seeing what I’m seeing.

Now for the mystery you solved....If LG zoomed in on BG she couldn’t have been using the iPhone camera function in selfie mode. The front camera is fixed (it is on my XR, my daughters 8, my old 7). The video was definitely taken in selfie mode. You CAN zoom in when you are in selfie mode on SC.

Edit: I’m not sure about the iPhone 6 front camera so I’ll say I’m almost positive she didn’t make the video with the phone. She couldn’t have with any of the last 3 iPhones I’ve had.

Last edit: this is to edit my previous post. Look at the stick on the flat surface like you are taking a pic. Then turn around and look at it in selfie mode. I think you guys know what I meant, but I had to correct my mistake.

Last edited:

edited again
Just an opinion
MingyMoo

I actually think LE has zoomed in the video. I think it may have been mentioned somewhere in a news article.

A few reasons to do so.

1. For a better look at BG
2. To crop out the girl(s) from view

MOO

I actually think LE has zoomed in the video. I think it may have been mentioned somewhere in a news article.

A few reasons to do so.

1. For a better look at BG
2. To crop out the girl(s) from view

MOO

Mystery not solved! I really thought I was on to something. I know LE zoomed in, but I thought LG had to have also because of how far apart they were. Then I watched an old GH video from 2/24/17 and they really weren’t that far apart. I’ve never actually seen the pic he posted either - It includes the side of the bridge and is clear with the exception of BGs face.

The crappy quality of the video bugs me. It just looks like SC video - kind of grainy and not crisp. When I zoom in with my phone it’s not pixelated and clear from my house to the end of my driveway so about 100 feet. I also have a perfectly functioning XR and she had a 6 that had been acting up (might’ve messed up the camera function).

For a brief moment I thought I had figured something out. Not something new or something LE doesn’t already know. Just something solid for me.

IMO

The only reason for no info at all from LE is because they have no clue who the murderer is. They wont release info so that in the future if anything does come up (like a disgruntled wife) who maybe knew her husband had done it Will have specific details, never released, that could nail him
All IMO

On YouTube a Railroad buff has posted a video of walking from west Delphi (pittsburg) to the end of the Monon High Bridge
"Exploring the Abandoned Monon
Railway ROW in Delphi Indiana."
At about 23 minute mark, they start walking across the old highway bridge and then Freedom Bridge across I25 and on to MHB.
I found it very informative as to the type of trail, (good walking) the fact that there is a way to get to the trail from CPS on 300 by going behind the farm vehicle dealership and down a connecting road, without going up to the start of the trail on the Freedom Bridge circle, and the way the way the trail splits at the nature preserve and turns at the MHB.

I used that video to get a "feel" for the area around there, and yes distances and times. How much time it takes to walk from one point to another, that sort of thing.

It's a great video, from a year or two previous to the murders. He walked a substantial distance, and used a GoPro if I'm not mistaken.

The trail has that slight turn, my hunch is BG used that as part of his concealment.

-FD

Mingymoo, you might’ve just solved a mystery for me! Why do you think she zoomed in? I agree, but just wondering if you are seeing what I’m seeing.

Now for the mystery you solved....If LG zoomed in on BG she couldn’t have been using the iPhone camera function in selfie mode. The front camera is fixed (it is on my XR, my daughters 8, my old 7). The video was definitely taken in selfie mode. You CAN zoom in when you are in selfie mode on SC.

Edit: I’m not sure about the iPhone 6 front camera so I’ll say I’m almost positive she didn’t make the video with the phone. She couldn’t have with any of the last 3 iPhones I’ve had.

Last edit: this is to edit my previous post. Look at the stick on the flat surface like you are taking a pic. Then turn around and look at it in selfie mode. I think you guys know what I meant, but I had to correct my mistake.

If I am remembering correctly Liberty had an iPhone 7 there is a photo of her holding her phone and she is using an iPhone 7. You can tell from where the camera is placed at the back of the phone. I’ve had every single iPhone ever released and I’m a tech geek so I know my iphones. The iPhone 7 came out September 2016.

If I am remembering correctly Liberty had an iPhone 7 there is a photo of her holding her phone and she is using an iPhone 7. You can tell from where the camera is placed at the back of the phone. I’ve had every single iPhone ever released and I’m a tech geek so I know my iphones. The iPhone 7 came out September 2016.

Good to know and great catch! I thought I read that she had a 6 so I went with that. I’ve had quite a few myself, but never paid much attention to the aesthetics until the 11 pro.

I thought she had an iPhone 6. Not that it matters.

Mystery not solved! I really thought I was on to something. I know LE zoomed in, but I thought LG had to have also because of how far apart they were. Then I watched an old GH video from 2/24/17 and they really weren’t that far apart. I’ve never actually seen the pic he posted either - It includes the side of the bridge and is clear with the exception of BGs face.

The crappy quality of the video bugs me. It just looks like SC video - kind of grainy and not crisp. When I zoom in with my phone it’s not pixelated and clear from my house to the end of my driveway so about 100 feet. I also have a perfectly functioning XR and she had a 6 that had been acting up (might’ve messed up the camera function).

For a brief moment I thought I had figured something out. Not something new or something LE doesn’t already know. Just something solid for me.
Well no worries- it was an exciting post and I was hoping you were on to something! Your experiment reminded me of something they’d do in The Bloodhound Gang :D (Those who know the show reference will know that dates me :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli