Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #114

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Just like Delphi but a little more urban. Maybe a Delphi accent that has its high lilt "accents"subdued by living in a more monotone accent area.
I hear this:

RL says HEE- ILL
BG says HEEUL

But MOO BG says "hill" the same way just without the top note.
my non American ear when he says 'guys' thinks someone with a boston twang or even a new Yorker.
so a born&bred northerner imo

moo

Re the accent, it sounds midwestern to me (20+ years in midwest followed by 20+ years on the east coast). It wasn't until after the April PC that I realized how often I say "guys." I say it A LOT. To kids, men, women, etc., but especially to kids. Sounds like a mild accent for those particular released words IMO. Unless there is a "get" before "down the hill." I still can't always hear that, but when I do, I think it sounds more like "git" which is indicative of someone who grew up in a rural area, IMO.

Re the accent, it sounds midwestern to me (20+ years in midwest followed by 20+ years on the east coast). It wasn't until after the April PC that I realized how often I say "guys." I say it A LOT. To kids, men, women, etc., but especially to kids. Sounds like a mild accent for those particular released words IMO. Unless there is a "get" before "down the hill." I still can't always hear that, but when I do, I think it sounds more like "git" which is indicative of someone who grew up in a rural area, IMO.
Also - just thought of this, anti-depressants and psych meds also take the expression and lilt out speech.
In any case this is what I hear, with including implications :

"Guys"
(Look I have a gun pointed at you.
Yep, I am a bad man. I am enjoying how shocked and afraid you are. But maybe I won't hurt you if you do what I say. Now get going in front of me")

"G'down th'hill"

What can you guys tell me about the raising at the last word (hill). I tried to say it that way. But I don't seem to raise my pitch there unless I used it as a question.

What can you guys tell me about the raising at the last word (hill). I tried to say it that way. But I don't seem to raise my pitch there unless I used it as a question.

MOO I dont know, a linguist might. It could be encroaching "upspeak" (raising pitch at end of sentences that are not questions) which is a current and prevalant feature of speech for young persons from any dialect.

Well, the split between Upper Midwestern and Northern Midland regional dialects does happen right near Delphi. Close by are Urban Chicago and Southern Midland dialect regions.
So yes, I think if possible, pinning down how BG speaks is of value.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...ct-to-do-you-speak-a-map-of-american-english/

I'm from rural Oregon, my partner is from northern Virginia (Fredericksburg), I live in Richmond, Virginia , my ex-wife is from.... Lafayette, Indiana - you wouldn't be able to tell which of us is from where.

Accents aren't as dramatic as you like to imagine they are.

There would be two separate charges of manslaughter. The defendant would argue it violates his right to due process to charge them separately, as the evidence is likely the same.

They would undoubtedly and unwaveringly charge any and all defendants with both murders and try them together.

Meant murder. These cases, as the public is aware, do not align with manslaughter, or any other variation of non-intentional homicide.

I'm from rural Oregon, my partner is from northern Virginia (Fredericksburg), I live in Richmond, Virginia , my ex-wife is from.... Lafayette, Indiana - you wouldn't be able to tell which of us is from where.

MOO I think a forensic linguist would be able to discern your general dialectical region.
Of course that would be from a larger sample of your speaking, but even with 5 words there might be a clue as to which side of the several area dialects BG was likely from or lived in.
My guess is the Northern Midland. Which I guess is also Lafayette, Logansport etc.

bbm
well its all subject to opinion only

accents are quite as dramatic as I 'imagine' them to be.
maybe not for yourself and your local climate of varying small differences.

a new Yorker from a southerner to a northerner even a westerner is very distinct imo and to most people.

from afar Australians and new Zealanders likely sound the same.
but I assure you aussies and kiwi's can pick each other a mile away!

irish and Scottish folk will argue the same.

I beg to differ that it is very notable what LE pick up from his local accent and dialect.

moo

MOO I think a forensic linguist would be able to discern your general dialectical region.
Of course that would be from a larger sample of your speaking, but even with 5 words there might be a clue as to which side of the several area dialects BG was likely from or lived in.
My guess is the Northern Midland. Which I guess is also Lafayette, Logansport etc.

I think you, like many, give way to much credence to professionals.

bbm
well its all subject to opinion only

accents are quite as dramatic as I 'imagine' them to be.
maybe not for yourself and your local climate of varying small differences.

a new Yorker from a southerner to a northerner even a westerner is very distinct imo and to most people.

from afar Australians and new Zealanders likely sound the same.
but I assure you aussies and kiwi's can pick each other a mile away!

irish and Scottish folk will argue the same.

I beg to differ that it is very notable what LE pick up from his local accent and dialect.

moo

You're not comparing regions- you're comparing nationalities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnjackson971@