Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #114

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Psychologically I wonder why so many people think they see physical descriptions of items like clothing in the video by Liberty German?

I thought the same thing in my own way when I sent my tip to law enforcement numerous times. I think they did not even investigate the tip because it was not local and did not have a name or address that would make it easy to find the person. It probably got filed in the "to do later" pile.

Youtubers and online bloggers are not investigators. And in my opinion, most police officers are like other workers. At your job, you have some people that work very hard and others not so much.

In this case, the police think the killer is a local to Delphi and that seems to be the primary direction of their investigation. As time goes on, it remains to be seen whether they will end up being right.

If I recorded all of you walking on the bridge, your walk wouldnt be normal either. You absolutely cant gather any information from his mannerisms on that bridge.
Except maybe the talking to himself. I can see that clear as day watching the loop of video on the ISP page. I wonder whether he's talking or singing. One would make me think BG was nervous, the other strangely calm...for what he was about to do. AJMO

Here's the video sequence for anyone who hasn't spent hours scrutinizing every frame. This guy is so lucky.

In the sun, his hair coloring is similar to the background. The hoodie is poking out of the top of that jacket and because he's looking down, there appears to be a seamless head covering as the camera interpolates movement, its levels adjusting to equalize contrast.

In one frame, he looks like Iron Man wearing a hood, for instance.

I understand many people believe there's a hat, or a hood that is over his head. Look at frame 47. Here it is again, unflipped.

I’ve looked through the frames before and it is fascinating to me how much BG’s appearance changes from frame to frame. In frames 25 and 26 he looks like a middle age out of shape guy. In frames 33 and 34 he looks much younger and much slimmer. In my opinion of course. I also don’t think he has a mustache. I think it is a shadow caused by the position of the sun. Without the “shadow” mustache, he would be clean shaven like the new sketch.
It’s pretty obvious the image quality is not good enough to recognize anyone’s face, no matter how much you zoom in, etc. That’s why LE said to concentrate on his mannerisms.

I’ve looked through the frames before and it is fascinating to me how much BG’s appearance changes from frame to frame. In frames 25 and 26 he looks like a middle age out of shape guy. In frames 33 and 34 he looks much younger and much slimmer. In my opinion of course. I also don’t think he has a mustache. I think it is a shadow caused by the position of the sun. Without the “shadow” mustache, he would be clean shaven like the new sketch.
It’s pretty obvious the image quality is not good enough to recognize anyone’s face, no matter how much you zoom in, etc. That’s why LE said to concentrate on his mannerisms.

I'd thought maybe a goatee before, earlier in the case. Now he appears clean-shaven.

-FD

Ok wait. When did they update the stats? The earlier stats were 180 to 220 lbs, 5’6” to 5’8”. Now he’s lost 20 lbs and gained two inches. Anyone know when this change? Did it coincide with the new sketch?
I didn't catch that part. Interesting.

MHMR = Mental Health Mental Retardation, and having a hitch in your gitalong is an old saying to describe an unusual gait. He throws his feet forward when walking. Yes, I know he's on a bridge, and that may contribute to it, but it appears to me to be a somewhat unusual step he has there.

An MHMR, cognitively disabled person could potentially be a reason for family not coming forward.

I don’t think he is disabled. Autistic, perhaps, but not cognitively disabled, in many ways, even successful.

At the moment (! can vary from time to time) I'm thinking, maybe there were brothers, one with curly hair/without facial hair that day and the other one with more straight hair/a beard that day. If the brothers have great similarity, LE would be right at the end: a person is the brutal murderer, who looks like between the two sketches.
I may ask perhaps: did we search for something like a baseball cap with a dark emblem on it? Worn by BG in the video? - My memory fades .....
Is the dark emblem this?

Delphi High School - Student Union

I will be curious to find out whether he had on some apparatus over his mouth once this is solved.

It looks like something. But perhaps, simply an asthma inhaler? Or something to change the voice?

this is an asthma inhaler with a spacer
Holding Chamber mdi inhaler Spacer for Metered Dose Inhalers | eBay

I mean, if you Google “asthma inhaler with a spacer”, you’ll see tons of versions, looking not dissimilar to what he has.

Exercise-induced asthma, common for athletes, too, is quite a possibility

Last edited:
victims are not considered witnesses. they have another witness outside the video, IMO.

No one knows what the man in the video from Liberty German's phone looks like.

Abby's mother said what has been shown to the public is the best it is going to get. So any of us who has are own take on a person we think may be the bridge guy has to realize we are basing it on our own opinion of what bridge guy looks like from an undefined video enhancement. Send the info to law enforcement and let them check it out. If you have a name and address or license plate number I am sure they probably will check it out.

The April 22, 2019 press conference was just the police stating they received new information about a man who may be connected to a car parked in the area. Whatever information the witness gave police they must have thought it very credible. The police are stating their opinion, not established fact when discussing this case. I think people are reading way too much into what was said at that press conference. So stating the killer may be in the room or that the man in the sketch is the same as the man in the video are police opinions. Police officers are human beings and subject to making the same type of mistakes as the rest of us.

The one silver lining in this case is that there is a witness. Unfortunately the witness is dead, but she left what appears to be a video and audio of her killer. So this case is different in that regard.

But as of today I do not think police have any suspects in the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.

they weren't dead before he got to them.

Power over dead girls isn't much power at all. JMO

However, power over LE, prosecution and/or the public is a different matter altogether. And, I think that might be what DC was getting at.

just to clear up the misconceptions about "anger", whether or not related to this case, - anger is often "outrage" borne of entitlement based on not getting what they believe they deserve and that whomever denied them deserves punishment.
"anger" is often some type of antisocial PD misinterpreted. and I do think some type of "borderline" psychotic mental processes (paranoia, delusions, grandiosity) plays a part in this crime.

...and most often, this explosive anger is genetic, and runs in the family, so either the father or the mother are angry themselves. But they don’t want to admit it, so the child’s anger is blamed on “being like the grandpa”. In short, the whole family is often totally dysfunctional.

just to clear up the misconceptions about "anger", whether or not related to this case, - anger is often "outrage" borne of entitlement based on not getting what they believe they deserve and that whomever denied them deserves punishment.
"anger" is often some type of antisocial PD misinterpreted. and I do think some type of "borderline" psychotic mental processes (paranoia, delusions, grandiosity) plays a part in this crime.

well, unclear. I personally would bet on some self-dialoguing and internal psychotic process, but he may come across as totally normal, and probably did, to initial interviewers.

they can and do co-occur - schizotypal/antisocial/narcissistic/borderline. but yes, the ability to manipulate is certainly intact.

well, unclear. I personally would bet on some self-dialoguing and internal psychotic process, but he may come across as totally normal, and probably did, to initial interviewers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18