Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #114

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest that posters discussing the possible hat/hair/fanny pack take a look at the Image thread (link in post 1 of every thread) as these subjects were extensively covered. Although it was some time ago it may be helpful, especially if new posters have not read it at all. If you have, then ignore my post.

OMG! Never thought of a leather axe head COVER (almost seems obvious now?) and the handle likely going down the pant leg. Also makes one think ... hmmm... WHY did they go after the Colorado HATCHET wielder as they did..? Don't think I've seen this in 2 1/2 yrs here. (Unless I've forgotten... ?).
Welcome, Skray11, to the convo! Great first post!!!
This is a Delphi Firefighter with an axe used by the dept.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191023-090631_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20191023-090631_Google.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 217
  • 20191023_094549.jpg
    20191023_094549.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 229
  • Screenshot_20191023-094454_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191023-094454_Gallery.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 189
OMG! Never thought of a leather axe head COVER (almost seems obvious now?) and the handle likely going down the pant leg. Also makes one think ... hmmm... WHY did they go after the Colorado HATCHET wielder as they did..? Don't think I've seen this in 2 1/2 yrs here. (Unless I've forgotten... ?).
Thanks for the welcome! I have been creeping a while now and same with the Facebook pages I follow, I rarely ever post however, I NEED someone to be as shocked as I am right now lol.

I do remember these being posted and discussed at the time when the hatchet wielding POI was in the frame. It may have been on here or on the Co thread, but am pretty sure it was discussed. It is certainly possible that is such a tool belt/ carpenters belt/deerkit IMO.

And I have remembered I think it may have been discussed more recently since April when the video was released. I remember some members going out and measuring their axe handles to see if it would fit down and then some posters even put it down their pants IIRC. :-)

Last edited:
I think LE has this case - they have established a possible motive (which I couldn't figure out for a long time) and the 2-3 players (1 killer and 1-2 accomplices). There was a red car that I still can't put in the equation. It was a young guy driving who doesn't quite fit the description of the other suspects. Then this whole geocaching stuff comes up which adds another complicated addition. What sealed the deal for me was the 2nd sketch and the marks on the guy's face that matches one of the suspects. Unbelievable detail. The witness should be commended for remembering that.

There were organized groups and individuals that were at the murder site days leading up and the day before. I don't think that went unnoticed with LE.

Any talk about Geocaching will get this thread shut down. Just a FYI for anyone who doesn’t know this.

I have ALWAYS felt it was an axe. But I always see people busting my theory by saying it "moves" when he walks, or it's the way his pants crease. But randomly looking at axes and then finding the pic of the Delphi Firefighter has me in shock!

It looks like an axe handle in ONE frame. Watch the video. Doesnt appear to be anything like an axe handle, because it only looks like in the still frame u posted.

It looks like an axe handle in ONE frame. Watch the video. Doesnt appear to be anything like an axe handle, because it only looks like in the still frame u posted.
I agree, sometimes it does look like a fold but that could just be it lining up with his leg when he straightens it to step.

Here's a series of images that show what I think is frame 47, the frame in which the offender is closest. I've drawn the hair the way it appears in the bridge video sequence. If you look very carefully at the front of the offender's head, you'll even see the feathered hair (Bieber cut) in front, parted on his left.

I don't know. I'm in the "he's got something on his head" group. IMO I think he has on a stocking cap. Image 38 I can clearly see a symbol on it right above his forehead. I can also see it, but not as clearly, in images 39 and 40. First thing that popped into my mind when I saw the emblem on the cap that IMO is on his head is that of a John Deere stocking cap.

Also another thing that leads me to believe he's got a stocking cap on is, IMO I can see a straight seam along his forehead that separates hair from cap. Image 46 is my clearest view of that.

This is all JMO

Attachments

• s-l300.jpg
    s-l300.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 14
I would love to know the answer to this. The 2 people who I believe are most guilty - i dont think anything came out regarding whether they passed a poly. You'd think that would be the first thing the accused would make public - if they passed.
There have been no official accused. Only 3 with arrest records, talked about in the news, who LE have said they were checking, one after his death. Two were said to not have been involved. No conclusion was mentioned by LE about the dead man.

I think LE has this case - they have established a possible motive (which I couldn't figure out for a long time) and the 2-3 players (1 killer and 1-2 accomplices). There was a red car that I still can't put in the equation. It was a young guy driving who doesn't quite fit the description of the other suspects. Then this whole geocaching stuff comes up which adds another complicated addition. What sealed the deal for me was the 2nd sketch and the marks on the guy's face that matches one of the suspects. Unbelievable detail. The witness should be commended for remembering that.

There were organized groups and individuals that were at the murder site days leading up and the day before. I don't think that went unnoticed with LE.
Just curious, what marks on the face of NBG are you referring to?

Here's a series of images that show what I think is frame 47, the frame in which the offender is closest. I've drawn the hair the way it appears in the bridge video sequence. If you look very carefully at the front of the offender's head, you'll even see the feathered hair (Bieber cut) in front, parted on his left.

Thanks for this! It’s very helpful. The shadows really play havoc with what people can make out in the poor images of BG. The April video and frames, I think, finally showed him hatless(in the clearer frames), with the hood off his head and back behind him.

OMG is right...that pant mark has always bothered me. It just doesn't look like a natural crease to me. Just thinking about it possibly being an axe with a cover...sickening.

Any talk about Geocaching will get this thread shut down. Just a FYI for anyone who doesn’t know this.

Why? Im generally curious. A lot of wild theories gets discussed here without any restriction.
sunshineray said:
OMG is right...that pant mark has always bothered me. It just doesn't look like a natural crease to me. Just thinking about it possibly being an axe with a cover...sickening.

Then where does the axe handle go in the rest of the frames from the video?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members