Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #115

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I wish I’d started tracking all the outrageous theories and ideas that people have come up with in this case.

You can. But it might take some time. :eek:

If you start with the first thread, and work your way through the remaining 114 (don't forget the media and scanner threads too), you should be able to compile quite the list! :D

Not all theories discussed have been outrageous, so I suppose you could remove those from list? Whew! Sounds like a HUGE undertaking. ;)

It would be interesting to compile a list of theories we have discussed, though. Especially for our newcomers. Will you report back to us if you decide to do it? :)

My thoughts below in red ...
so..what do we think we know...that's factually wrong??

maybe if we work in reverse we can establish a picture LE have we didn't see before.

-BG was alone.
-BG marched them down the hill and across the river.
- one of the girls survived the night.
-libby was hurt worse than abby.
-BG was a random predator.
-BG lured the girls there via the internet.
-BG was behind the girls and raced quickly to them.

what else?

moo
-BG was alone as far as we know, on the bridge, it seems, yes
-BG marched them down the hill and across the river. probably, yes, but no concrete proof
- one of the girls survived the night. hearsay
-libby was hurt worse than abby. hearsay
-BG was a random predator. theory, assumption, speculation
-BG lured the girls there via the internet. theory, speculation
-BG was behind the girls and raced quickly to them. theory, speculation

what else? many of the theories here can be factually wrong

Last edited:
My thoughts below in red ...

-BG was alone as far as we know, on the bridge, it seems, yes
-BG marched them down the hill and across the river. probably, yes, but no concrete proof
- one of the girls survived the night. hearsay
-libby was hurt worse than abby. hearsay
-BG was a random predator. theory, assumption, speculation
-BG lured the girls there via the internet. theory, speculation
-BG was behind the girls and raced quickly to them. theory, speculation

what else? many of the theories here can be factually wrong
yep that's right blueberry!

We have little evidence to go on and it chaps me because I feel like if LE had released some details we would be able to move forward! I know many will not agree, but I wish the Florida sunshine laws were a Federal thing because as much as LE doesn’t need false claims, we and the Delphi community need closure. God bless the families but with nothing to go on we cannot help but continue to support. These girls and their families need and deserve closure. I can’t imagine what they go through.
Why is LE releasing nothing because if I lived in a community under similar circumstances, I would be alarmed at best! Frankly I don’t know how people in the area sleep at night. MOO

Someone suspects or outright knows.. what an agonizingly dark burden to carry around in one’s soul.

There's a chance the offender's parents are in denial, hovering in a purgatory of hope, doubt, and dread. Has someone recognized their son on the bridge? He said he didn't commit the murders and they took him for his word that he was instead sleeping late, into the early afternoon. Rationalization and rumination.

Maybe they're caught in that position of forcing themselves to believe an explanation that was given because it's simply not within their psychological capabilities to confront the truth.

If they know, history will be kinder if they come forward. Easier said than done, perhaps? It's hard to decide without making too many assumptions.

this never gets old to me.
Why Police Have Not Released Details on the Murders of Libby German and Abby Williams from Delphi, Indiana

“There’s a lot of false information out there,” Holeman confirms.

And armchair detectives are even taking their interest in the case a step further by creating YouTube reenactments of the crime.

[The videos] help us know that people don’t know [the true details], because the facts haven’t been released,” Holeman says. “People watch the news and think they are picking up on things, but it’s false. Nothing out there is accurate, which only leads to more false tips.”

I go back to this a lot too.

I’m not sure if anyone is aware of his crimes or not. If he took a trip to hunt like some SKs do, and if his family, etc. haven’t seen any media on the case, then someone might not know.

DBM......I need to go to bed! Lol

After reading Hockeymom’s post from last night, and thinking about the recurring question of whether or not BG could be a serial killer, I was wondering what all your thoughts are on this:

If cell phones with cameras and audio/video recording capabilities had been around when they all were active, do you think being recorded by a victim, like BG was by Liberty, would have put an end to other serial killers’ crime sprees? Would it have been enough to make someone stop? If it were almost 3 years past the crime and they hadn’t been arrested, would it have just made them more brazen and feel like they wouldn’t get caught? Would it have deterred people like Bundy, Radar, Keyes, Gacey, Little? Others?

~RIP M+J
I don't think anything like that would have deterred Bundy or Keyes or Rader.

Bundy was so brazen. People knew a young man named Ted who drove a tan VW bug was killing women, and he continued on, driving a tan bug, calling himself Ted, as if it didn't matter. And it didn't matter. He continued killing and getting away with it for quite some time. And escalated to killing multiple woman in one night, and it still wasn't enough.

Keyes was more cautious at first. He kept things separate from his family life---went out of state to kill random innocents, so he couldn't be traced or connected to them. But at some point he threw caution to the wind. Which is what got him caught finally, when he kidnapped a young barista nearby, and took her back to his own home. Trying to get ransom did him in.

I really don't know if BG is really a serial killer or not. Maybe the picture and recording did scare him at one point, IF IT WAS EVEN HIM, but years later, he must be feeling pretty comfortable.

It is hard to believe he has not been arrested yet. :mad:

Last edited:
We have little evidence to go on and it chaps me because I feel like if LE had released some details we would be able to move forward! I know many will not agree, but I wish the Florida sunshine laws were a Federal thing because as much as LE doesn’t need false claims, we and the Delphi community need closure. God bless the families but with nothing to go on we cannot help but continue to support. These girls and their families need and deserve closure. I can’t imagine what they go through.
Why is LE releasing nothing because if I lived in a community under similar circumstances, I would be alarmed at best! Frankly I don’t know how people in the area sleep at night. MOO

Really the only things we the public don’t know that is important is if there was SA, cause of death and what is on the full recording and I don’t know how knowing these will help Joe public on the street identity him. LE are not releasing the information because they don’t want false confessions or cause harm to the investigation. It is frustrating we don’t have all the information but we need to trust law enforcement and their reasons why. The third anniversary in February might possibly bring a change in tactics from LE we will see what happens.

so..what do we think we know...that's factually wrong??

maybe if we work in reverse we can establish a picture LE have we didn't see before.

-BG was alone
-BG marched them down the hill and across the river.
- one of the girls survived the night.
-libby was hurt worse than abby.
-BG was a random predator.
-BG lured the girls there via the internet.
-BG was behind the girls and raced quickly to them.

what else?

moo

If “responsible for”, words of DC, are not just the way he speaks, and mean something, it could be a totally different case.

Maybe, not totally unlike that of Ana Kriegel, but with adult players?

1) one participant, more naive and less interested, lures the girls to the place of the attack. This is the BG. The girls have been fed some lie over the Inet, they probably expect some Adonis, and a romantic encounter. At this point, they follow willingly.

2) the reality (who meets them) is different from the expectations, they try to escape and are killed.

The mastermind is the NBG on the sketch. But he is not the person on the bridge.

what exactly happens on that clearing, no one shall never know in details, but the LE knows enough.

KEEPING the hope alive is the one thing we all can do! :)

NEVER LOSING hope has gotten us all to thread 115!;)

I keep imagining the day that LE gets 'that one tip' they have been waiting for.

How the person who takes that call will get the 'this is it' feeling....how elated they all will be to finally bring this nightmare to an end with an arrest.

C'mon....if that tipster is here....MAKE THAT CALL!!!
Today is the day.

JMO

Unfortunately I think it will be a family member calling to say they lied to provide an alibi.

just an imaginary scenario...

...what if someone even knew their family member was on "valid" (i.e. justifiable) business adjacent to or even on the same property as the crime scene on the day of the crime, and they know this because they went to pick up their family member from that location very shortly after the time we now know the murders occurred? could they still rationalize away the suspicion after seeing the new, younger sketch, with the disproportionate chin, that looks more like their family member, whereas the original OBG sketch did not?

There's a chance the offender's parents are in denial, hovering in a purgatory of hope, doubt, and dread. Has someone recognized their son on the bridge? He said he didn't commit the murders and they took him for his word that he was instead sleeping late, into the early afternoon. Rationalization and rumination.

Maybe they're caught in that position of forcing themselves to believe an explanation that was given because it's simply not within their psychological capabilities to confront the truth.

If they know, history will be kinder if they come forward. Easier said than done, perhaps? It's hard to decide without making too many assumptions.

Last edited:
LE have said the man in the video and the audio is the same person, is the person on the bridge, and is responsible for the murders. The new sketch is the suspect in the murders, therefore, the new sketch is the person on the bridge.

"Please keep in mind the person talking is one person and is the person on the bridge with the girls. This is NOT two different people speaking- please listen to it very, very carefully." "The result of the new information and intelligence over time leads us to believe the sketch, which you will see shortly, IS the person responsible for the murders of these two little girls." Carter said."

"During Monday's press conference, Indiana State Police also requested the public's help to identify the driver of a vehicle that was parked nearby the day Libby and Abby went missing...Carter says a vehicle was parked at the old CPS/DCS Welfare building in Delphi on the east side of County Road 300 North, next to the Hoosier Heartland Highway between noon and 5 p.m. February 14, 2017. No details about that vehicle were released, including make and model, color or license plate number."

ISP says new audio, video and sketch shows Delphi killer

If “responsible for”, words of DC, are not just the way he speaks, and mean something, it could be a totally different case.

Maybe, not totally unlike that of Ana Kriegel, but with adult players?

1) one participant, more naive and less interested, lures the girls to the place of the attack. This is the BG. The girls have been fed some lie over the Inet, they probably expect some Adonis, and a romantic encounter. At this point, they follow willingly.

2) the reality (who meets them) is different from the expectations, they try to escape and are killed.

The mastermind is the NBG on the sketch. But he is not the person on the bridge.

what exactly happens on that clearing, no one shall never know in details, but the LE knows enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SPACECAT89