Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #115

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see the picture from the 2-14 search. Is there an MSM link for it?

I didn’t see the picture you are referring to as being in attendance at the 4/22 presser but I have seen one of the 2-14 gathering for the search and the guy I would consider a Poi was there as well as at least one of his parents. Would love to know your source of the 4/22 presser pic

maybe she created the monster and is in serious denial.

Or maybe the killer's mom (who is likely a local -- JMO) -- is used to "covering" for him from his earliest days in the past... Thus, she could be "stuck" in an old, old habit, and just doesn't even know how to "break out" of that way of thinking...

Can't even imagine how awful it must be for her to carry on day to day in town/in that area as if -- (<-- operative phrase) -- "everything's okay" and "business as usual". Continuing to pray that someone breaks his/her silence, and soon.

Maybe by the amount of clean-up at the scene? Maybe killer was spotted walking out of the trails? Maybe Libby's phone played a part in the timeframe, if it was deactivated in a way that someone had to do it and that time period was when DG was searching? So the killer had to be still there.
This leads me to consider the possibility that a searchers voice could have carried far enough to be recorded on Libby's phone.

JMO

I would love to see the picture from the 2-14 search. Is there an MSM link for it?
I find it very frustrating that in long standing cases like this, it is very hard to go back and find original news clips, etc. I am searching for a particular one and everything I click on in the media thread is a dead end. I understand why, due to the broadcasts being so old now, but it is annoying.

I am searching for a local Delphi news cast done the night of the 13th. It was dark, and various searchers were briefly interviewed. If anyone remembers it and can provide or point me to a link, I would greatly appreciate it.
TIA

Ive been thinking about the abrupt change in direction in this case (OBG to NBG) and wondering if this has happened before in a case that hit national news. The only one I could think of was the “Gainesville Ripper”.

For about a year the main suspect was a local named Edward Humphrey - young guy, creepy looking, violent history, in the area at the time of the murders. He LOOKED kind of scary like a killer. He SEEMED like he could be the type of person that could’ve been responsible for the murders. He was not the killer. The actual killer was Danny Rolling - a much older guy who was not from the area. The evidence that pointed to Rolling had been in LE evidence since shortly after the murders, but it wasn’t obvious that the evidence was actually evidence till much later on.

I’m wondering if something similar happened in this case except instead of LE focusing on a local when it was actually a serial killer like Gainesville, locals were thinking serial killer when it was someone local. @SuzyQ got me thinking about LE intentionally being led astray.

SOMETHING happened that changed LE’s focus and I really don’t think it was just that they ran out of older guy leads and decided to switch to a younger guy.

Sorry about the rambling post - I’m ate too much Halloween candy and now I’m tired.

@JenniD --
That's a bummer!

Wondering now...is that common, that media outlets *delete* various articles after a certain period of time (say, over a year or two has passed)? Or would it be more common for a media outlet to preserve an article/a file in its original state?

Is it possible that LE may have requested various local/area media outlets to delete files from the actual date of the crime, as well as from the night before?

I have. I also watched the movie but I don't know the particulars anymore. One thing that the author showed in the book was how Mack, the girl's dad leads his friend who is LE I think to the place he saw in his comatose dream, where the perpetrator hid his daughter. That wasn't in the movie IIRC.
The girl in The Shack was found in a cave, face up, covered by a dirty sheet. That's pretty much all in the movie too. I think I'd have to watch it again and then read the book again to give you more details though.

The girl was abducted in the woods too. It wasn't specifically said, I think, but I was led to believe that she was sexually assaulted.

I think whatever the clue is, should be in the book.

1 the Dad
2 who has LE as the friend
3 leads him to ...

Maybe it is the whole clue?

Could be more simple. The phone didn't die, it was manually turned off by him after the murders.

JMO he would be really stupid to have the phone in his hands, turn it off and then leave it there.
ETA Then again, it seems like the phone was still on when DG was calling them and they didn't pick up. Could be that they had turned the ringtone off. Could be BG didn't care.

Last edited:
No way a man can hold down two teenage girls simultaneously and drown them in shallow water, unless he incapacitated them somehow so they wouldn't struggle. One hand is just not enough to control to girls, one with each hand. I just cant see this happening.
Although the girls were younger admittedly, the Soham murderer apparently drowned two girls in his bath. Don't know if that was the official cause of death as he burnt the bodies afterwards but that was reported.

ETA, Official COD was asphyxiation.

Soham murders - Wikipedia

Last edited:
From 2 bodies found near Delphi; not identified as missing teenage girls

I was looking around for the searcher video mentioned above, and found this quote in an article posted on 2/14/2017, which helped clear up for me the 2:30 last seen that was posted on I believe, the Amber Alert. I think others have wondered where 2:30 came from, so I'm posting here:

Libby's grandfather, Mike Patty, said the last communication from the girls was a Snapchat yesterday afternoon.

"We started going through all the social media things, looking at Facebook, has she talked to anybody, have the girls been talking with anybody, Snapchatting or whatever the kids do today back and forth," he said. "[We] really didn't find anything and the last minute, I think we found, going out was at about 2:30 which was a Snapchat of a picture of them out there on this bridge, and that was the last communication we've had."

With that in mind, authorities are keeping a close eye on the girls' social media feeds to see if any new clues get posted that could help searchers find them.

I just started reading up on these murders a couple of days ago after listening to a podcast. I've read through quite a few of the posts but had a few questions.
-What was the deal with the police expanding the search to SE TN last year? Then they said it was a nationwide search like it'd been a mistake or something?
-Does anyone know how long Libby was recording? I'm guessing there's a lot more audio that hasn't been released.
-Do you think the 2nd sketch was a legitimate suspect they're looking for?
The guy on the bridge seems way older than that sketch.
Any suggestions on where I can read a really comprehensive account of what's taken place in the case?

From 2 bodies found near Delphi; not identified as missing teenage girls

I was looking around for the searcher video mentioned above, and found this quote in an article posted on 2/14/2017, which helped clear up for me the 2:30 last seen that was posted on I believe, the Amber Alert. I think others have wondered where 2:30 came from, so I'm posting here:

Libby's grandfather, Mike Patty, said the last communication from the girls was a Snapchat yesterday afternoon.

"We started going through all the social media things, looking at Facebook, has she talked to anybody, have the girls been talking with anybody, Snapchatting or whatever the kids do today back and forth," he said. "[We] really didn't find anything and the last minute, I think we found, going out was at about 2:30 which was a Snapchat of a picture of them out there on this bridge, and that was the last communication we've had."

With that in mind, authorities are keeping a close eye on the girls' social media feeds to see if any new clues get posted that could help searchers find them.
Thanks for posting. That's really interesting!

Maybe they want to look emotional and half-incompetent for a reason. They want the all bark and no bite appearance to appeal to the killer's profiled personality?

Yea that is certainly possible. Admittedly idk much at all about the psychology of appealing to killers personalites. Im just comparing him to other members of LE who lead during other horrible crimes. And there really is no comparison. When I rewatch any of his appearances, Im reminded why BG is still roaming free nearly 3 years later. Its unlike anything i have ever seen...and no exactly assuring that this will be solved My opinion, of course.

Last edited:
MOO, i think thats giving Carter too much credit. His odd statement about BG looking like both sketches...saying the wrong date at the PC...

Idk why he has become the spokesman for the case. Imo, he adds more confusion than anything. And him having the religious overtones in the PC is a diversion from a fact-based news segment. His long pauses in between sentences...hes the wrong guy for this imo

MOO - DC was “theatrical” during that PC. The PC had been scripted, meant for the locals, and apparently, the Shack was popular in local churches.

IDK why DC became the spokesman either. We have what we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange