Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #117

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why go through all that trouble?
Good point.

Though no detraction to the other poster, I don't think this crime was planned in depth like a military operation. Rather, the perpetrator(s) just knew the area and had a general intent to commit a horrible act in the "right" circumstances.

In escaping, he (they) then combined knowledge of the area with a dose of old fashioned luck and escaped relatively un noticed.

In February 2017 one Snapchat video could only be a maximum of ten seconds long, so if Libby was trying to film BG quickly and furtively, the most she would have got was 10 seconds.

In July 2017 there was an app upgrade that allowed you to record 6 x 10 second videos.

This is how to record 60-second videos on Snapchat
That's good info to know. From other things LE has said, I always felt the "down the hill" audio was a separate recording from the bridge video. I guess we don't know if either was done with SC, though.

Good point.

Though no detraction to the other poster, I don't think this crime was planned in depth like a military operation. Rather, the perpetrator(s) just knew the area and had a general intent to commit a horrible act in the "right" circumstances.

In escaping, he (they) then combined knowledge of the area with a dose of old fashioned luck and escaped relatively un noticed.
For the 3rd time today I agree with another poster. My gut instinct says not planned. I would not say intent. Impulsive yes! I do think something or a situation set off the very sad chain of events which began on the bridge. My Gut instinct says the perpertrator /s knew the area not Local as in Delphi but local as in knew the area and possibly within a 20 mile radius.

Just Rambling On with alternative thoughts.
MingyMoo

I still feel there were two people involved. And one, probably, was the instigator, but we don’t see him on the bridge. He is probably waiting downstairs. I also wonder if, contrary to everything being said, the girls went down the hill voluntarily. It is hard to control two strong girls going down that hill. It is very hard to go down that hill to start with. Something doesn’t match up in that story.

IMO I've always thought a pistol was used which does wonders controlling people, especially children who are geared toward listening to authority. I know many others agreed that the outline in BG's pocket resembled a pistol but who knows with this case. A pistol may have been used and there may have been two people involved in the murders:(

Ah, so I'm going to drive over to MHB, park the car, head on down the trail, and kill whoever comes down the path, then get outta there, hoping nobody sees me? I guess that's possible.

Or, I'm thinking about killing, so I'll hang out on this trail, week to week, and when the times right, when the right targets go by, I'll do it? That seems to me more possible.

Or, I'm out here, enjoying the day, these girls aggravate me, I follow them, kill both of them, they video tape me, but I get out of there without anybody seeing or hearing anything, and escape, never to be caught?

I can't go with these scenarios. And I'll tell you why. Nobody knows what all the BG was carrying on that bridge, on that day....but many suspect he had various and sundry implements with him. If so, unless he was going camping, or hunting, then that in and of itself would be evidence of intent to do harm, not impulsivity.

Secondly, there has been speculation of crime scene contamination, as in, dna destruction. That would surely point to a pre-planned intent to murder, and cover up the scene, albeit speculation.

I remain convinced the girls went there that day with a purpose, unknown to their family. And if that is NOT true, I still am convinced the killer(s) knew the girls would be there, planned accordingly, took the time to load the gear, to strap on all he/they had to take with him/them, planned how to get in, and get out of there without detection, which he/they did so rather nicely.

A feverish, random, spur of the moment, enraged, killer would have made more mistakes. This killer obviously left little behind in the way of evidence. That too, leads me to believe planning was involved, or possibly, someone skilled at murder.

All opinion on my part, posted with absolutely no intention of confrontation with others :) I enjoy the speculation, reading the theories, etc. and strongly think the discussion is beneficial for all.

Ah, so I'm going to drive over to MHB, park the car, head on down the trail, and kill whoever comes down the path, then get outta there, hoping nobody sees me? I guess that's possible.

Or, I'm thinking about killing, so I'll hang out on this trail, week to week, and when the times right, when the right targets go by, I'll do it? That seems to me more possible.

Really so noone saw him prior to the 13th February 2013

Or, I'm out here, enjoying the day, these girls aggravate me, I follow them, kill both of them, they video tape me, but I get out of there without anybody seeing or hearing anything, and escape, never to be caught?

We dont know that could have happened its all speculation and humble opinion

I can't go with these scenarios. And I'll tell you why. Nobody knows what all the BG was carrying on that bridge, on that day....but many suspect he had various and sundry implements with him. If so, unless he was going camping, or hunting, then that in and of itself would be evidence of intent to do harm, not impulsivity.

Suspect is the word infact none of us know. Which is why we all speculate.

Secondly, there has been speculation of crime scene contamination, as in, dna destruction. That would surely point to a pre-planned intent to murder, and cover up the scene, albeit speculation.

Once again Speculation. None of us know as a fact.

I remain convinced the girls went there that day with a purpose, unknown to their family. And if that is NOT true, I still am convinced the killer(s) knew the girls would be there, planned accordingly, took the time to load the gear, to strap on all he/they had to take with him/them, planned how to get in, and get out of there without detection, which he/they did so rather nicely.

That like my own is your own point of view and speculation based on the info we have.

A feverish, random, spur of the moment, enraged, killer would have made more mistakes. This killer obviously left little behind in the way of evidence. That too, leads me to believe planning was involved, or possibly, someone skilled at murder.

Why? perhaps he got lucky weighed up the odds and decided he could get away with it.

All opinion on my part, posted with absolutely no intention of confrontation with others :) I enjoy the speculation, reading the theories, etc. and strongly think the discussion is beneficial for all.

Absolutely taken in the spirit it was meant, Debate and differing thoughts with respect to each other is how things can be accomplished.

Cheers

Mingy Moo

I think you make valid points. It's difficult to place a person capable of murdering two girls, on the scene, simply at random. I've also never personally believed BG stalked the park waiting for a kill.

But I've also had trouble buying that he has a premeditated "kill kit" or other various implements stuffed onto his person. I know it looks that way, but why would he enter the trail so obviously bogged down if he planned the murder, and the murder location, which included getting them across a creek, when instead he could have carried just enough to control the girls and have the rest waiting at the kill site?

I actually see him having a stuffed jacket more as a sign this was NOT well-planned out.

In my car right now I have a knife, jumper cables, and a store-bought emergency kit that includes rope, tape, zip ties, plastic ponchos, latex gloves, bandages, wound wrap, scissors, etc. I think that's enough material at hand to shove into a couple pockets and commit a crime with little to no foresight.

Last edited:
I think you make valid points. It's difficult to place a person capable of murdering two girls, on the scene, simply at random. I've also never personally believed BG stalked the park waiting for a kill.

But I've also had trouble buying that he has a premeditated "kill kit" or other various implements stuffed onto his person. I know it looks that way, but why would he enter the trail so obviously bogged down if he planned the murder, and the murder location, which included getting them across a creek, when instead he could have carried just enough to control the girls and have the rest waiting at the kill site?

I actually see him having a stuffed jacket more as a sign this was NOT well-planned out.

In my car right now I have a knife, jumper cables, and a store-bought emergency kit that includes rope, tape, zip ties, plastic ponchos, latex gloves, bandages, wound wrap, scissors, etc. I think that's enough material at hand to shove into a couple pockets and commit a crime.

LOL In my car I have a box of washing powder and a box of cat food in the front. In the boot I have nothing. Although I am thinking maybe I should put an emergency kit in it of some sort. Probably a sensible idea.

MM

Well we are! It's sad it is frustrating and at times easy to give up. Are we doing any good, My answer is yes. These young Ladies deserve thier case being kept in the public eye. If chatting, talking, debating is all we can do to help sobeit.

MM
Of course! That goes without saying. It’s fine for us to show frustration, human nature.
Please do not imply that anyone of us here would ever give up on finding justice for these girls & their families.
MOO

LOL In my car I have a box of washing powder and a box of cat food in the front. In the boot I have nothing. Although I am thinking maybe I should put an emergency kit in it of some sort. Probably a sensible idea.

MM
Lol! See, you never know! Some people carry guns in their car. Some people have months worth of trash. For all we know, BG had construction, electrical, or some other kind of handyman material in his vehicle. Or he'd just been to the store and had plastic bags or something. Or he was a farmer and had supplies. Or a toolbox in the bed of a truck. Or he'd been trapping, or fishing. He could have had a fishing vest on under that coat. Fishing line would immobilize or strangle somebody quite easily. The point is, I don't see why he couldn't have been driving by and seen the girls and found what he needed already in his vehicle. I won't give him the credit of pre-planning this crime.

Last edited:
Of course! That goes without saying. It’s fine for us to show frustration, human nature.
Please do not imply that anyone of us here would ever give up on finding justice for these girls & their families.
MOO
No offence meant to anyone and was simply generalising.

MingyMoo

Thread #117....I can’t freakin believe this...MOO
Yes, given that we have some cold cases in WS that don't even have 117 posts, 117 threads and the case is not 3 years old is, in itself, mind boggling. I believe that represents an all out effort from the public as well as LE. Yet, we haven't had an arrest. When there is an arrest the threads will probably be difficult to keep up with.

Lol! See, you never know! Some people carry guns in their car. Some people have months worth of trash. For all we know, BG had construction, electrical, or some other kind of handyman material in his vehicle. Or he'd just been to the store and had plastic bags or something. Or he was a farmer and had supplies on hand. Or a toolbox in the bed of a truck. Or he'd been trapping, or fishing. He could have had a fishing vest on under that coat. Fishing line would immobilize or strangle somebody quite easily. The point is, I don't see why he couldn't have been driving by and seen the girls and found what he needed already in his vehicle. I won't give him the credit of pre-planning this crime.
One scenario I have in mind is that this killer saw them somewhere along the trail early on and for whatever reason/motivation went back to his vehicle for what he needed. In such a scenario, the girls would have seen and recognized him from earlier in their trip.

Yes, given that we have some cold cases in WS that don't even have 117 posts, 117 threads and the case is not 3 years old is, in itself, mind boggling. I believe that represents an all out effort from the public as well as LE. Yet, we haven't had an arrest. When there is an arrest the threads will probably be difficult to keep up with.
ITA! I mean, look what happened after that April PC! WOW! It was really movin in here! I just wish we’d log in here & have news of an arrest. Then I could see it going well over thread #200, you know? It’s just difficult...I can not imagine how the girls’ loved ones are dealing with it everyday. I really thought this would be solved awhile ago...really really frustrating :( MOO

I'm thinking a pistol was used to SUBDUE into acquiescence but I fear a knife may have been used to end their lives. That's just my gut instinct and nothing more. I certainly have nothing to substantiate it.

One scenario I have in mind is that this killer saw them somewhere along the trail early on and for whatever reason/motivation went back to his vehicle for what he needed. In such a scenario, the girls would have seen and recognized him from earlier in their trip.
I agree, that would have been possible. The time frame would have been tight, but possible, IMO. I keep mentioning the fishing because I think that's another possibility. Nobody's more familiar with a creek bed than a fisherman. Plus he might have had everything he needed already on him. He would have had to hide or go back for his pole and other gear, though...

I believe the girls did see him earlier. I believe it was BP that said the girls were talking about a man they had seen & Abby asked Libby “He’s behind me, isn’t he?”.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member