Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #119

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sketch is pretty clearly what ever the DNA of locals are. see below.
His accent also seems very local. Carrol county is about as white as it gets, 96 percent Western European.

Carrol County Indiana
As of the 2010 United States Census, there were 20,155 people, 7,900 households, and 5,678 families residing in the county.[19] The population density was 54.1 inhabitants per square mile (20.9/km2). There were 9,472 housing units at an average density of 25.4 per square mile (9.8/km2).[6] The racial makeup of the county was 96.8% white, 0.2% American Indian, 0.2% black or African American, 0.1% Asian, 1.7% from other races, and 1.0% from two or more races.
What about this?
Undocumented workers hired at Indiana pork plant, suit says

I don’t care who they hire, but good luck finding a match for DNA if he is from South America, or Mexico.

ETA: IRL, I am not suspecting an undocumented Packer.

I wonder if the child of immigrants from Serbia, or Russia, or Bosnia, or Ukraine would not be seen in Gedmatch because of 23@me’s policy.

The guy resembles a Turk to me, I hope he is “Black Irish”, they are well-represented in Gedmatch.

Sketch is pretty clearly what ever the DNA of locals are. see below.
His accent also seems very local. Carrol county is about as white as it gets, 96 percent Western European.

Carrol County Indiana
As of the 2010 United States Census, there were 20,155 people, 7,900 households, and 5,678 families residing in the county.[19] The population density was 54.1 inhabitants per square mile (20.9/km2). There were 9,472 housing units at an average density of 25.4 per square mile (9.8/km2).[6] The racial makeup of the county was 96.8% white, 0.2% American Indian, 0.2% black or African American, 0.1% Asian, 1.7% from other races, and 1.0% from two or more races.

@Boxer, I am an immigrant. My kids have absolutely local accent.
Many children of immigrants from Eastern Europe joined the military after naturalization. For many reasons. We are talking about refugees from Eastern Europe coming in the 1990es, they will have very adult kids by now. I am thinking about a kid for whom they can not find a DNA relative in Gedmatch. And why it could happen. And my three versions would be:

a) the family is so important that they either don’t submit their DNA or make it unavailable for comparison, and tested only in one commercial company (but in this case, there will be matches, unless they asked the close ones to remove their DNAs, too), or

b) the parents are immigrants, the local diaspora is small, the “old country” does not use Gedmatch (this is what I am thinking of)

or

c) they don’t believe in DNA. But ironically, any localized, old group, such as Amish, becomes endogamous and should generate matches, tons of low-level, 10-cM, matches. One can not do much with them, but it will be telling.

Last edited:
What about the cook? The chef?
They have white neckerchiefs. Either the guy is into cooking (restaurant or even Indiana Packers), or his close relative is.
I was thinking of scarfs and not neckerchiefs. To me, anyway, a scarf would be more logical and not as conspicuous as a neckerchief. IOW, I'm thinking this guy doesn't want to draw attention to himself, i.e., blend in. A scarf blends in and I don't believe a neckerchief does.

I was thinking of scarfs and not neckerchiefs. To me, anyway, a scarf would be more logical and not as conspicuous as a neckerchief. IOW, I'm thinking this guy doesn't want to draw attention to himself, i.e., blend in. A scarf blends in and I don't believe a neckerchief does.

@JnRyan, sometimes I wonder if he really cared. However, I agree, but the scarf is either very thin, or almost elastic. Who has them?

The automation of building family trees is improving. 23andme is beta testing a new tool that auto builds a tree based on the people you are related to in their database that have agreed to share their DNA with other users. The program builds a tree based on the percentage of DNA you share with people and it groups the people that share these DNA segments within the same branch of the tree.

What the program does not know is the names of the missing common ancestors.

The members of 23andme can add this relative name information based on their manual research of archives and documents to fill in the missing names.

In a very few number of years these DNA verified trees will have a solid foundation of historical names documented and searches done by Parabon forensic researchers will take very little time. My guess, would be five years or less.

23andMe Introduces the Automated Family Tree

Oh yes, so far it is useless, lol. It gave me: my dad, my aunt, my maternal uncle, and my two kids. )))

My younger kid fared better, he got a “third 1 R cousin” but I am not holding my breath. This cousin is probably 4th cousin to me but shares some DNA with my hubby, so he is “third 1R” for my son.

We have seen it before.

(This is the example of the difficulty with relatives when you are coming from a small diaspora. I did find some, but I tested in three commercial systems. And transferred my DNA everywhere).

Wishing BG to be ethnic Hoosier from German/English/Irish stock.

What about this?
Undocumented workers hired at Indiana pork plant, suit says

I don’t care who they hire, but good luck finding a match for DNA if he is from South America, or Mexico.

ETA: IRL, I am not suspecting an undocumented Packer.

I wonder if the child of immigrants from Serbia, or Russia, or Bosnia, or Ukraine would not be seen in Gedmatch because of 23@me’s policy.

The guy resembles a Turk to me, I hope he is “Black Irish”, they are well-represented in Gedmatch.

IP was
@Boxer, I am an immigrant. My kids have absolutely local accent.
Many children of immigrants from Eastern Europe joined the military after naturalization. For many reasons. We are talking about refugees from Eastern Europe coming in the 1990es, they will have very adult kids by now. I am thinking about a kid for whom they can not find a DNA relative in Gedmatch. And why it could happen. And my three versions would be:

a) the family is so important that they either don’t submit their DNA or make it unavailable for comparison, and tested only in one commercial company (but in this case, there will be matches, unless they asked the close ones to remove their DNAs, too), or

b) the parents are immigrants, the local diaspora is small, the “old country” does not use Gedmatch (this is what I am thinking of)

or

c) they don’t believe in DNA. But ironically, any localized, old group, such as Amish, becomes endogamous and should generate matches, tons of low-level, 10-cM, matches. One can not do much with them, but it will be telling.

These are all good reasons no DNA might be in a geneology database. I personally think the killer was simply too young, happened not to have felony convictions yet and came from a law abiding family, that has to his good luck no distant relatives trying to fill out their family tree.
I don't know too much about DNA, but I think if they had suspicions they would easily get a warrant to surreptiously get a sample from the suspect. And

I think they were taking swabs from people they talked to. And that is interesting because all those swabbed people have local relatives. Seems a match would have come up by now, as the families in Carrol County are very related to one another.

I listened to Mr Roboto by Styx and it gave me goosebumps. Just thinking about some of these lyrics and how they relate to BG.

You're wondering who I am (Secret, secret, I've got a secret)
I've got a secret.... I've been hiding under my skin
So if you see me acting strangely, don't be surprised
I'm just a man who needed someone and somewhere to hide
To keep me alive, just keep me alive
Somewhere to hide to keep me alive
I'm not a robot without emotions, I'm not what you see
I'm just a man whose circumstances went beyond his control

Beyond my control, we all need control

An additional perp from Delphi has been charged today in the Nicole Bowen case. See my signature for link to Nicole's thread.
Just read up on it. The prosecutor first had considered a 40 year plea deal for GK. He now says because of something having to do with the DNA evidence-he won't say what- he won't allow a plea and at trial will ask for life imprisonment. Why does the DNA matter-they know he killed Nicole. I think Possibly the DNA testing was Linked to Abby and Libby. Further-the "guys" comparison is right on and Nicole was brought to a shed.

IP was
I don't know too much about DNA, but I think if they had suspicions they would easily get a warrant to surreptiously get a sample from the suspect. And

I think they were taking swabs from people they talked to. And that is interesting because all those swabbed people have local relatives. Seems a match would have come up by now, as the families in Carrol County are very related to one another.

I (tentatively) suspect for an alibied suspect, probable cause can't consist of a resemblance to the composite, and that's it. If the crime had no motive and was a spontaneous thrill-kill committed by a local who was able to keep it to himself, the only way to establish probable cause would be to collect DNA and match it to that in evidence.

People have broken this down before—but which families haven't been swabbed?

I listened to Mr Roboto by Styx and it gave me goosebumps. Just thinking about some of these lyrics and how they relate to BG.

You're wondering who I am (Secret, secret, I've got a secret)
I've got a secret.... I've been hiding under my skin
So if you see me acting strangely, don't be surprised
I'm just a man who needed someone and somewhere to hide
To keep me alive, just keep me alive
Somewhere to hide to keep me alive
I'm not a robot without emotions, I'm not what you see
I'm just a man whose circumstances went beyond his control
Beyond my control, we all need control

Somewhere to hide to keep me alive is spooky.

I'm not what you see.

One of my uncle’s matches (who is now of no interest, but at that time was the highest) told me that he did not understand much but hired a genealogist to sort things out. Half a year later, he got a tree, with the name of the father who raised him plus a tree, and the name of the biofather plus his tree. It is doable.

We are living at the time when most adoption records are not sealed, and it is possible to find out the truth. Non-paternal event is a more complicated aspect, but possible to find out.

There are more difficult situations that happen, such as embryo adoption. Go guess what genealogy job is performed there, as the child physically born of that mother, with witnesses and records, is not her biological child. Think of all egg and sperm donors plus surrogate mothers... I only hope that with embryo donation, there is some paper trail. As to sperm donors, they are usually anonymous, but at least other kids born of them often do seek their parents, and would be in Gedmatch.

From my own genealogy work, for my family, I do cross paths with adopted kids. I don’t know how valid my impression is, but dads are usually less careful, and leave trails. Some situations are comic, some, tragic, but they are found.

With moms, it might be more difficult. The shame, and the ostracism on behalf of their own biological families, and also on behalf of their then-husbands, if they exist, is shocking. Some of these moms simply disappear (commit suicide, maybe?), or start drinking. I have heard of several very tragic stories. And it is surprising how bad the “true” biological families are to such kids, the products of their mom’s affairs. I though it had to do with inheritance, but no, often it is merely about the hatred of a young woman who once fell in love and bore that child, the product of love, and then gave him up for adoption. It is all about the societal expectations from a woman and a man, the societal norms, and I wonder, has anyone else noticed this disparity of views and attitudes, towards men and women, mothers and fathers, in cases of adoptees?
I had a way easier time finding out who my bio-mother was back in the 90's. Before dna/internet searching. Still can't find my bio-father and I'm on 23&Me and Gedmatch. I'm one of 8 siblings on my maternal side and only one adopted out. It appears I must have siblings on my paternal side but I'm not having luck tracing them.

Just read up on it. The prosecutor first had considered a 40 year plea deal for GK. He now says because of something having to do with the DNA evidence-he won't say what- he won't allow a plea and at trial will ask for life imprisonment. Why does the DNA matter-they know he killed Nicole. I think Possibly the DNA testing was Linked to Abby and Libby. Further-the "guys" comparison is right on and Nicole was brought to a shed.

Wild idea, but- I'll toss it out there...
Is there any way in h€ll AG could be BG and the voice all GK's?

AG short, heavyish, frumpy, "potato nose" as some call it, took heavy hit from a drug tattler, lived by trail, friends with GK who knew that land well from working at RL's ...)

I know, I know, grasping here I admit ...

Navy.
White scarfs authorized for enlisted and officer, to be worn with peacoats or reefer coats.

So I looked them up. They are thin, synthetic or woolen mixed with silk. Could be it. It would be interesting to find out who of the POIs had a Navy past, or maybe someone's family members served in the Navy? He could have grabbed something from a hanger. But the word "navy" is heard too many times to dismiss.

I had a way easier time finding out who my bio-mother was back in the 90's. Before dna/internet searching. Still can't find my bio-father and I'm on 23&Me and Gedmatch. I'm one of 8 siblings on my maternal side and only one adopted out. It appears I must have siblings on my paternal side but I'm not having luck tracing them.

I presume, no boy between your mom and biodad, right? ((( Only you, right?

If you transfer yourself and mom to Gedmatch and run "phasing" (comparing your genome with your mom's one). You will get PM (then your kit number) and PP (the same number). The PP is paternal. (I have to check letters, but the second one is P).

Then you take this "paternal" part of your genome and run "comparison one to many" with only this paternal part. The matches will be on your paternal side; look for the closest ones, maybe contact them. I'd also see if any of them look like siblings to one another.

AG short, heavyish, frumpy, "potato nose" as some call it, took heavy hit from a drug tattler, lived by trail, friends with GK who knew that land well from working at RL's ...)

dbm, double post

AG looks frightening like OBG. Especially the expression of the eyes .... MOO
(When I first saw her pic weeks ago, I didn't notice.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member