Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #120

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the ISP Information channel discussion that was posted, LE has a complete picture of the crime. My interpretation of that is, they know when BG arrived and how he exited, they know the details of their deaths and what was used to kill them, etc. Then Carter says what they don’t know is the last piece, who did it. He says he knows someone knows who that is from the video and audio clip but are afraid to come forward. It seems to me way more than one person in that very small town must recognizes BG, not all of whom know him very well, or hang out with him. And if that’s true, LE knows who he is by now but something is holding them up from arresting him. What would that be?
On the other end, if they truly don’t know who this guy is, he’s a serial killer and not from around there at all. In that case LE changed direction into another wrong direction. Just my thoughts on that.

I'm with Supt. Carter that someone, or even some people perhaps, have ID'd BG. Whether they've called in tips or are holding on to that info is anyone's guess.

JMO

John Walsh and his son are doing a TV program called IN PURSUIT. It will be on the ID network. They said "yes" to helping out with the Abby/Libby case. They turn down 250 cases per week. This really is a blessing.

This is great news for Abby and Libby!
The Walsh family are great dedicated people, They have done so much for many many people over the years, I admire John and all he does for people. I’m going to be pretty anxious to hear what he has to say, when he helps with a case he sees it through so this will be so good for the girls and their families! :)

Have any of you been following the Scene of the Crime podcasts? It has been a great refresher on the case, with factual information. Several things that we've discussed in the threads are explained from the perspective of LE, family members, friends, community leaders, etc.

You can listen for free at link below. Start at number 6 for the first podcast in the series, and work your way backwards. (The most recent is number 1).

Megaphone: A Modern Podcasting Platform

I didn't know anything about John Walsh so did some googling and this is about him and his son who was murdered.

Murder of Adam Walsh - Wikipedia

And there is a websleuths thread for Adam -

FL - FL - Adam Walsh, 7, Hollywood, 27 July 1981
I started to read his book Tears of Rage several years ago. I couldn’t finish it....it was so well written, I could visualize & feel what he & his family were going through. I just couldn’t do it...my heart breaks for the Walsh’s & all who lose a child:(

This is my first post :)

I’ve been listening to the Scene of the Crime podcast. I am happy there is an excellent, informative podcast about the facts of this case. There were things I did not know (like LE finding girls undergarments). I’ve been following true crime cases for a long time but this one I can’t get out of my head.

My heart and admiration goes out to the girls’ families.

I didn't know anything about John Walsh so did some googling and this is about him and his son who was murdered.

Murder of Adam Walsh - Wikipedia

And there is a websleuths thread for Adam -

FL - FL - Adam Walsh, 7, Hollywood, 27 July 1981
Just about every Gen Xer from the US knew about Adam growing up, and it likely changed a few things for us in our childhood. It was the case that was known everywhere and that made the theoretical warnings to not talk to strangers very real for us.

This is my first post :)

I’ve been listening to the Scene of the Crime podcast. I am happy there is an excellent, informative podcast about the facts of this case. There were things I did not know (like LE finding girls undergarments). I’ve been following true crime cases for a long time but this one I can’t get out of my head.

My heart and admiration goes out to the girls’ families.
For three years we couldn't share as that was never in MSM before so presumably now it is out there it can be discussed now if mods could please clarify. Dont want to get thread shut down again. I will self report my post for them to confirm it can be discussed openly now.

Welcome to WS.

Thank you for reopening the thread Trisha. We will lookout for this one..

Here is something I like to share from looking at the general area around the CS. The first picture is a capture from Google Earth dated 4-11-2017 and showing Highway 25:

delphi monon2.png

The second capture is dated 2-26-2012, Highway 25 was not built yet:

delphi monon1.png

Looking at Google Earth from the 2012 capture, there are not many possibilities to park a car and visit the trail/bridge. The trailhead parking did not exist yet. The cemetery would have been an option and possibly the small side entry to the trails, the area the girls had been dropped off in 2017.

The DHS building was a good location to park on the weekends IMO, since it was closed on Saturdays and Sundays. As a matter of fact, look close at the Google Earth capture. The aerial was captured on a Sunday (2/26/12) and there is indeed a car parked in front of the building. Perhaps some folks would park here and walk over to the trails.

delphi monon1 DHS car sunday 2 26 12.png

I am wondering if BG may be someone used to visiting the trail on the weekends and possibly used to parking his vehicle at the DHS building ? Furthermore, if he did park his vehicle there in years prior, he would also possibly have knowledge about the DHS building being abandoned and the parking area being open to be utilized all 7 days of the week.
If he had a vehicle in 2017 - and since LE is looking for a specific car it is entirely possible - and arrived via 25,
he may have been used to park at the DHS building (perhaps he moved from Delphi did not know about
the new trail head parking?).
If he was planning an attack and was local, why would he expose himself IMO and park all (by himself) at the DHS building? He would be seen by locals!
So, the question is, how local is local? He could be local (20+ miles away) and still not know about the parking situation around the bridge. What does that mean? It could mean, that despite of the "difficulty" to park his vehicle, he still parked possibly at the DHS building (why?), risked being spotted twice (on the way and on the way back), because he had a plan? A specific plan or a general plan?

I am not claiming BG is older than 18 in 2017. I am not claiming BG has or had a vehicle in or prior to 2017. I am also not claiming to know about BG's movements on 2/13/2017 before or after the crime.

To be continued.

ALL IMO

-Nin

For three years we couldn't share as that was never in MSM before so presumably now it is out there it can be discussed now if mods could please clarify. Dont want to get thread shut down again. I will self report my post for them to confirm it can be discussed openly now.

Welcome to WS.

Very Much This. I have never heard this in MSM either. But if a Podcast host heard from LE is that something we can discuss? Can we bring all info from all podcasts to this site?

Or just podcast promoted by Webslueths? Have they been vetted, can they be trusted?

No one wants to get the thread shut down, but it seems like a fine line to tread.

Very Much This. I have never heard this in MSM either. But if a Podcast host heard from LE is that something we can discuss? Can we bring all info from all podcasts to this site?

Or just podcast promoted by Webslueths? Have they been vetted, can they be trusted?

No one wants to get the thread shut down, but it seems like a fine line to tread.
Bringing forward this post from Tricia on thread #119

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #119

"Hi Everyone,

There is a new podcast by Mike Morford called SCENE OF THE CRIME
Season 1 deals with the Delphi Murders.
While this thread remains closed I recommend you listen to this show. Mike is a great guy and he has always been someone I have enjoyed reading his posts and his ideas on cases.

This thread will remain closed for at least the next week.

Listen to Scene of the Crime and check back to see if this thread is re-opened."

JMO - I would think that Podcast has the green light to be discussed since Tricia recommended it in the last thread.;)

ETA - Going to flag my post as well just to be sure.

Bringing forward this post from Tricia on thread #119

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #119

"Hi Everyone,

There is a new podcast by Mike Morford called SCENE OF THE CRIME
Season 1 deals with the Delphi Murders.
While this thread remains closed I recommend you listen to this show. Mike is a great guy and he has always been someone I have enjoyed reading his posts and his ideas on cases.

This thread will remain closed for at least the next week.

Listen to Scene of the Crime and check back to see if this thread is re-opened."

JMO - I would think that Podcast has the green light to be discussed since Tricia recommended it in the last thread.;)

ETA - Going to flag my post as well just to be sure.

There is also a Slew of named suspects in the PodCast. Is it all fair game?

I have been listening to the Scene of the Crime podcast weekly and think it's a great overview of the case with factual info.

So sad to think next week is the three year anniversary already. The girls' families are forever in my thoughts. I so hope we get a break in this case soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper